U.S. to disintegrate by 2010, says Russian professor

ced

CAGiversary!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

Don't count the guy out. He's got a year for his decade long prediction to come true...

I look forward to conquering the rest of you. Go California Republic!

P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

Meh, I think this map would be far more accurate:

Should I consider getting a dirigible?

Last edited by a moderator:
i love how everyone thinks other countries get "free" health care. if you arnt homeless, its not free. it gets taken out in taxes. looks like the central north would be getting universal health care too. sucks for you californians and texans. haha.

Good: The Oakland Raiders will be hated even more once they are Communist.
Better: The Oakland Raiders fans will be dropping like flies after applying lead based silver and black facepaint.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I'll one-up the professor and provide the exact date the U.S. will start to deteriorate:

January 20th, 2009[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='captainfrizo']I'll one-up the professor and provide the exact date the U.S. will start to deteriorate:

Looks like your as crazy as this Russian professor is.

Yea, I think he can do in a year what others couldnt do in eight.

Good bye USA, we hardly knew thee.

While I really don't want to be legally Mexican, I do enjoy enchiladas.

Does this mean the houston Texans will become the Houston Mexicans? And will the Rangers become the chupacabras?

What this really reminds me of is those maps offered up by rascist groups like the KKK and La Raza for how they expect to divvy up North America. Those maps have been around as long as I can remember but like the Millerites the great change never seems to arrive.

This is funny coming from a guy whose nation is made up mostly by territories kept by force of arms rather than common interests of the residents.

Some of this is just demented musing by a guy who apparently knows nothing of the character of the regions. A Texas Republic is far more likely to conquer Mexico than vice versa. Which would be a huge improvement for the average Mexican, who could look forward to rule of law for the first time in their lives. The advantage for Texas would be to consolidate a major portion of regional petroleum production under their aegis. (Making it somewhat reminiscent of why Iraq originally invaded Kuwait.) Depending how ambitious the new rulers of California-under-China were, they'd also want Mexico's oil, making for another possible war.

The idea of Canada taking over anything is laughable. A major portion of Canada considers itself a separate nation and has been pushing to make it official since about five minutes after Canada was created. That North-Central would be very hard up for access to the Pacific, making for a battle over ownership over Washington St. with hostiles coming from both the East and the North.

I suspect Jericho has found its way onto Russian torrent sites.

"John Titor" predicted that the president's post will be split into five positions.. this guy thinks we'll be split into four or five sections.. interesitng. Theories are always a fun read.

Even though John Titor was complete BS, it was still interesting and fun to read what he predicted.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Oh Russia, you and your vodka.[/quote]

The best explanation of the professor so far.

For example, Kentucky and West Virginia are going to join the EU. Really?

And I thought the US education system was messed up.

I think Igor needs to stop reading about Titor.

EDIT: Scorch beat me to the Titor reference. Damn.

The US is going to be pretty screwed up soon enough..that much is unfortunately true, but I really can't detect any logic in that map. Did he even try to learn one thing about this country?

This was posted before, so i'll just repost what i'd said before.

Since when are Kentucky and Tennessee atlantic states?

[quote name='chakan']Map doesn't account for half of California peeling off the continent in the Great Quake of '09.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't need to, since plate tectonics eliminated that quaint belief long ago. This is why we need new goofball theories like this. Even better, this isn't subject to being falsified by new scientific developments.

OTOH, some incredibly dumb beliefs never die. Like 'humans only use 10% of their brains,' a claim of 19th Century researchers which was easily falsified by better brain function mapping within a few years. But stupid TV & film writers who should really know better keep trotting it out for screenplays where somebody becomes hyper-intelligent and even gains magical power through full utilization of their brains.

I see alot of world-wide anarchy going down in the next two years but the dissolution of America isn't one of them.

Oh, and to the trolls that think Obama is going to destroy this country, grow up. If GW didn't do it, it can't be done.

pretty good prediction. although i dont think either division would be under anyones influence (may join the european union, lol. california under chinese influence, lol.) but itll take longer than a year.

So he has Russia getting Alaska. Does he really want Sarah Palin that bad? :razz:

The map is funny as hell. Imagine South Carolina where he has it. Would be the red headed step child of that union. :lol:

Well, this guy is certainly getting just what he wanted: shit loads of attention. That being said, I welcome our Canadian overlords with open arms. All hail Stephen Harper!

January 20th, 2009[/quote]

Fact.

Yeah, it's gonna be terrible when that no good Obama gets us stuck in a Vietnam-esque quagmire of a war, passes an act in to law that allows for torture, search and seizures without warrants and wire taps, and then takes us from an economic surplus to the largest deficit ever. I can smell the failure now.

Damn straight.

Man, I thought we had until at least 2011 for the civil war 2 (sponsored by Gatorade). I better start getting my shit together.

[quote name='Xevious']I didn't know people smoked crack in Russia.[/quote]
In Soviet Russia, crack smokes you.

James Cameron predicted Sky-Net would become active on Aug. 29th, 1997, fire nuclear missiles at Russia, who would then retaliate. Fortunately, that was narrowly avoided when the CPU at Cyberdyne systems was destroyed by Sarah and John Conner. At the time,some predicted the t-1000 would become our leader.

For Californians, it has all became true.

bread's done
Back