UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Was really hoping to avoid that. Kind of pisses me off to lose to a guy who ends up forfeiting the next round.[/QUOTE]

And I'd like to actually fight in PRIDE again lol. I'm going to the movies Friday night, so if we don't get the fight in tomorrow, I won't be able to until Saturday or Sunday night.

really? its been two days, i had work all day, im online now, jesus, its just a fighting league, i usually always get my fights in, not my fault you guys fought early

anyways, kburns, im on now, and im off all day tommorow, so just let me know when

[quote name='DT778']Is there an option not to play CAF in online ranked games? I was having fun in player matches, then I tried a ranked game and ran into the hulk. Not fun.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. A very stupid thing of THQ to do...that and not having an option of using sim stamina for ranked.

Rob Lopez | TJ Taylor | TKO | Rd 1 | 6:10

After some weight issues, we got our fight in! I thought I was covering up, but the ref felt otherwise. Good fight! Glad we got it done.

[quote name='Rylin210']didnt mean to come off like a jerk

just didnt understand the hate for being gone for two days,[/QUOTE]

Glad the fight is done, but you have to be reasonable here. I don't think people getting a little impatient that the fight still wasn't done 2 days past the deadline is that ridiculous. It's not like as soon as Hoochie had to forfeit I said "get this fight done today". I put the deadline 2-3 days out...so it's been 4-5 days since the issues with that fight (which was also late) were resolved. Not trying to get on your case. Just trying to rationalize why people were reacting that way.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Glad the fight is done, but you have to be reasonable here. I don't think people getting a little impatient that the fight still wasn't done 2 days past the deadline is that ridiculous. It's not like as soon as Hoochie had to forfeit I said "get this fight done today". I put the deadline 2-3 days out...so it's been 4-5 days since the issues with that fight (which was also late) were resolved. Not trying to get on your case. Just trying to rationalize why people were reacting that way.[/QUOTE]

i understand, its just we usually get a week between fights to set time aside, had some family illness problems + work, so i didnt understand why when i said i was free to fight and kburns wasnt able to make it that day, and then kburns said that he was ready to fight and i couldnt make it those two days, that i was the one who was going to get the forfeit? its not like i was unavailable the whole time, we just werent free at the same times

(i do understand that this is not on you at all and was suggested by other members, i just didn't understand)

Really, a lot of it is about communication. If you have personal things going on, that's fine, but at least drop in and say something. When we see absolutely nothing as far as an attempt to schedule a fight (saying "hey I'm free until X oclock tonight, lets fight" doesn't count), people see it as a sign of disrespect and will think you're blowing them off.

Yeah, I think that's the bigger issue. The first couple days it was just like "Hey, I'll be around tonight. Let's do this." Nothing specific, no time for the other person to go on. And you were both posting in the thread, but nothing was really getting set up. Then that drags on a couple days and before you know it, nobody is posting anything.

And yeah, more time is usually given for an entire card, but this was the only fight that everybody else was waiting on. With a tournament event like this...unless we want it to take a month, we've gotta move at a little quicker pace. But this fight is done, and you've got one to set up with Fearia now. I'd like that fight to be done by 7/28...which gives you guys 3 days. Start exchanging messages and let each other know what your availability looks like over that 3 day span. Give specific times (and time zones) and you'll be surprised how quickly these things can get set up.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Unfortunately, no. A very stupid thing of THQ to do...that and not having an option of using sim stamina for ranked.[/QUOTE]That sucks.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, I think that's the bigger issue. The first couple days it was just like "Hey, I'll be around tonight. Let's do this." Nothing specific, no time for the other person to go on. And you were both posting in the thread, but nothing was really getting set up. Then that drags on a couple days and before you know it, nobody is posting anything.

And yeah, more time is usually given for an entire card, but this was the only fight that everybody else was waiting on. With a tournament event like this...unless we want it to take a month, we've gotta move at a little quicker pace. But this fight is done, and you've got one to set up with Fearia now. I'd like that fight to be done by 7/28...which gives you guys 3 days. Start exchanging messages and let each other know what your availability looks like over that 3 day span. Give specific times (and time zones) and you'll be surprised how quickly these things can get set up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry again for the hold up! I'll try to be more specific with times to fight in future posts.

[quote name='Rylin210']really? its been two days, i had work all day, im online now, jesus, its just a fighting league, i usually always get my fights in, not my fault you guys fought early

anyways, kburns, im on now, and im off all day tommorow, so just let me know when[/QUOTE]

Fights were due on the 23rd. Today is the 26th. You don't see an issue?

My predicition for the finale.

Justin Kane over Rob Lopez. 2nd round TKO.

I dunno, once again, i don't mean to come off like a jerk, ask anyone whose talked to me on live, im a pretty easy to get along with easygoing guy

and besides theres weeks that go by without a card, so why am i getting hated on for 3 days without a headline?

no one bitches about the cards not being up everyweek because (well atleast i) understand that theres more going on and it takes alot of work

i dont want to get into the family medical issues and try to create some sympathy, needless to say, i was dealing with shit, im sorry if i delayed the tournament anymore, but at the same time, im not the first, but yet i never see this kind of ganging up elsewhere in the forum

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Glad the fight is done, but you have to be reasonable here. I don't think people getting a little impatient that the fight still wasn't done 2 days past the deadline is that ridiculous. It's not like as soon as Hoochie had to forfeit I said "get this fight done today". I put the deadline 2-3 days out...so it's been 4-5 days since the issues with that fight (which was also late) were resolved. Not trying to get on your case. Just trying to rationalize why people were reacting that way.[/QUOTE]

i really wasnt able to drop in, between work, and spending time with my grandpa i havent been home the past 2 days, and my phone gets no internet signal where he lives, just like 2 bars of gsm

[quote name='Fearia']Per usual, I'm available after 7 pm est during the week, and any time on the weekends. What times are you available?[/QUOTE]

ok 7:30 est it is!

[quote name='Rylin210']really? its been two days, i had work all day, im online now, jesus, its just a fighting league, i usually always get my fights in, not my fault you guys fought early

anyways, kburns, im on now, and im off all day tommorow, so just let me know when[/QUOTE]

Read your first response again. When people have had issues with scheduling, they suck it up and apologize, not try to pass blame on others. That's why a majority of people don't have any patience when this happens. Again, deadline was set, and it came and went without any communication from you at all. How are we supposed to give you pass for personal reason if you don't even post at all (I know you've posted about it in the past, but if they are ongoing things, maybe consider either 1, letting us know it's ongoing so we can give you slack, or 2, give up your spot/take a hiatus so that things can move on).

Secondly, this still involves the previous, but if you don't know you got personal things going on, you don't post, then your first post when you get back is the above one I quoted, you really think anyone is ok with you downplaying the league and then blaming everyone for trying to be MORE involved?

I'm not trying to call you a bad guy or anything, but trying to explain why there isn't much tolerance for these kind of things. If you can't find the time to fight, thats fine, take a break. It's not like you cant come back.

Take hoochie for example a few pages back. Him and KBurns tried, hoochies schedule didn't work out, so he took the loss so we could move one. No one gave him any flak whatsoever, and it's not like he won't be included in future events. Again, respect is the biggest thing- everyone's got things going on, and we do our best to work with each other, but if something doesn't work out, don't come back and act all offended when we haven't even heard from you.

Nobody is hating or bitching about anything. We just wanted to see the fight done. Nobody here is being unreasonable. Next time just say "Sorry guys, i'll try to get my fights in quicker."

[quote name='Fearia']Good deal, I will be on at 7:30 est. Bring your o face, because I plan on bringing some action ... :D[/QUOTE]

lol, as long as joe rogan brings is o voice "OOOHHHHHHH HE GOT ROCKED!"

[quote name='Rylin210']i really wasnt able to drop in, between work, and spending time with my grandpa i havent been home the past 2 days, and my phone gets no internet signal where he lives, just like 2 bars of gsm[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems like everybody pretty much covered it but just to clarify, it wasn't "2 days". Hoochie's fight was forfeited on 7/21 at about 4pm, when kburns was advanced to fight you. The fight was completed over 4 days later. Calling it "2 days" is a bit unfair. Having said that, you've been raked over the coals enough. Just trying to stick to the facts here without sensationalizing anything. Moving on.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, it seems like everybody pretty much covered it but just to clarify, it wasn't "2 days". Hoochie's fight was forfeited on 7/21 at about 4pm, when kburns was advanced to fight you. The fight was completed over 4 days later. Calling it "2 days" is a bit unfair. Having said that, you've been raked over the coals enough. Just trying to stick to the facts here without sensationalizing anything. Moving on.[/QUOTE]
i meant 2 days where i wasn't available, i was the other two days but kburns wasnt at the right times, so it went back and forth

btw, Fearia just handed my ass to me! lol my first loss in the league!

lol we just had a rematch for shits and gigs, and HOLY SHIT that was a good fight

i ended up getting the KO this time

damn, lol next time! hahaha

but in the championship match, he handed my ass to me

Justin Kane | Rob Lopez | TKO | RD 1 (6:01)

Good fights with Rob Lopez. We did 3 (first 1 the champion bout, 2nd 2 for fun), and had a good time. 1st one had the above result, with a lot of traded blows. He kept getting me with running knees to the body in the 2nd fight, which threw me off my game as they opened me up to a combo after. 3rd fight I figured that out, and we exchanged a bit. I rocked the body and then went for an arm bar from full mount, winning the 3rd by submission.

All in all, really enjoyable fights.

Also, now that I'm PRIDE champion, do I get anything sweet?! Maybe have Gail Pennyfeather bring me the trophy? That'd be nice. I'd prefer a ring girl, but hey, we all know what kind of league this is . . . ;)

[quote name='Fearia']Also, now that I'm PRIDE champion, do I get anything sweet?! Maybe have Gail Pennyfeather bring me the trophy? That'd be nice. I'd prefer a ring girl, but hey, we all know what kind of league this is . . . ;)[/QUOTE]

If you need help displaying your trophy, Gail Pennyfeather is quite the authority on mounting.

[quote name='Matt Young']If you need help displaying your trophy, Gail Pennyfeather is quite the authority on mounting.[/QUOTE]

ZING! I smell a rivalry growing..

[quote name='Matt Young']If you need help displaying your trophy, Gail Pennyfeather is quite the authority on mounting.[/QUOTE]

What good is mounting when you lose after? ;)

Op_will_surely_deliver-s500x375-138152.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']Cannot view the image for some reason, but I wanted to bump the topic.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of a pain, but if you right click it and copy the URL, you can paste it in a new tab. It's kind of a funny image actually lol

Also, off-topic I finally made it to Universal Studios this weekend. Pretty fun I must say. Jurassic Park was the highlight of the trip.

I'd like to do at least a couple more cards before everybody is generally done with this game. I figure once the fall lineup starts rolling in, most everybody will have moved on. I'll try to get something together soon.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I'd like to do at least a couple more cards before everybody is generally done with this game. I figure once the fall lineup starts rolling in, most everybody will have moved on. I'll try to get something together soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm more than ready to go with all 3 fighters for any future cards. Count me in.

All right, guys. As promised, we have a new card! Sorry it took so long. I just really don't ever play this game anymore except for our CAGFC fights (though I did just snag a season pass for $8, so maybe I'll put some more time into it now). Hard to believe we've been doing this since February. That's a hell of a run!

As I've mentioned, I'd like to do at least one more card after this one (possibly a "clean slate" tournament to decide the "final" CAGFC champion in each weight class?). But once the big fall games start dropping, I'll probably have an even harder time keeping up with CAGFC.

I really appreciate all the effort everybody's put in though. Honestly, you guys have kept things moving more than I have. This was the first league I started AFTER my daughter was born, and it was definitely a challenge for me to keep up with everything. But I can say with certainty that whenever EA releases their first UFC game, CAGFC will be back once more. I just hope more people buy the game early next time!

But anyway...we're not dead yet! lol. Try to have these fights finished in a week (8/18). Obviously, there's no "end of the world" deadline here. But the sooner the fights are done, the sooner you can start harassing me about getting the next card put together, lol. ;)

My schedule is going to be pretty sporadic over the next few weeks. Work is offering some interesting incentives for OT lately, so it will be hard to say no. If I'm given a time / date though, I can try to make accommodations. Typically, without OT, I am available weekdays after 7 pm EST.

Ultimate Matt, Scorch, and kburns... All are on my friend list. Should be easy to set things up. My availability from now through probably Friday is fairly flexible, so let me know if you have any preferred time, guys.

xhoochiex and Rylin...I sent both of yall friend requests a couple days ago...accept them when you get a chance. Also, let me know what day/time is good for you.

Shotgun, looks like we got a Heavyweight fight. I'm actually not on my Xbox too much lately because im clearing out some PC backlog, but I do check messages here and on Xbox fairly often. I pretty much have open availability after 9pm-ish EST this week, I can also try to work something out between 7-9pm as well if that works for you too.

[quote name='kburns10']Hey Matt I have a friend coming into town tomorrow. Can we do our fight on Wednesday? I should be free at 6 PM PST.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, that will work for me.

Big Business | Ronald McDonald | TKO 4:07 Rd 3

IMO, stoppage seemed a bit abrupt, didnt think I was hurt that bad, Herb thought otherwise. Only had 85% head damage *shrug*

Probably would have been a close decision had it gone to the judges otherwise.

Also, the first time you rocked me, it reminded me of how bad my clinch game is on the cage lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back