Ultimate Electronics Sunday Ad ($100 off X360 Bundle, B1G1 $30, more)

Not a very good deal for most , being as they have 1 store in IL...
Plus save 30 on one while they overcharge you $30 on other is likely scenario.

[quote name='tyler3599']Plus save 30 on one while they overcharge you $30 on other is likely scenario.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your statement here. It's one at $59.99 and $30 off another $59.99 game. So, unless you're saying you can get some of these games cheaper than $59.99 by themselves, which I'm sure you can.

But it's still a pretty good deal on a lot of new release titles that a lot of "regular" consumers would be paying $59.99 for both of them anyway, since they haven't found CAG yet. :)

i couldnt even find the games they are advertising on the site....me thinks this isnt a reputable place

[quote name='jr8rulz']i couldnt even find the games they are advertising on the site....me thinks this isnt a reputable place[/QUOTE]

The gaming part of the company is only a few months old, and they just started putting gaming stuff up on the website. We don't use the website for ordering or anything, so it's not a full inventory list by any means.

As far as being reputable, we've got 35 stores across multiple states and a new one opening next week in Salem, so yea our web presence isn't great but it's by no means any kind of questionable company. :)

We use to have an Ultimate Electronics here in Sioux Falls, SD, but now there's just a Bed Bath and Beyond. Pretty cool store though and I'm sure they're pretty reputable.

Opening a brick & mortar store instead of opening a online store first I don't think shows business intellect at a management level... Every business doing well in todays market has a huge online prescence.
Ebgames , Newegg , Eagames , ...

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']The gaming part of the company is only a few months old, and they just started putting gaming stuff up on the website. We don't use the website for ordering or anything, so it's not a full inventory list by any means.

As far as being reputable, we've got 35 stores across multiple states and a new one opening next week in Salem, so yea our web presence isn't great but it's by no means any kind of questionable company. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tyler3599']Opening a brick & mortar store instead of opening a online store first I don't think shows business intellect at a management level... Every business doing well in todays market has a huge online prescence.
Ebgames , Newegg , Eagames , ...[/QUOTE]

This company started in the 1970's though. Originally just selling home audio, then TV's, then Appliances, and as of 2010 gaming and computers. So they didn't start internet because they started before it. :cool:

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']This company started in the 1970's though. Originally just selling home audio, then TV's, then Appliances, and as of 2010 gaming and computers. So they didn't start internet because they started before it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Gawsh, dem Best Buys, Toys R Us's, Wal-Marts, Targets, Radio Shacks, Sears, and K-Marts sure must be ahead of their times, I reckon. All using that Internet to bring in revenue.

Damn, Avatar for $20 nice deal. Too bad Best Buy doesn't accept trade ins in store yet, otherwise I'd trade in a game and price match Avatar.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']This company started in the 1970's though. Originally just selling home audio, then TV's, then Appliances, and as of 2010 gaming and computers. So they didn't start internet because they started before it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't wanna knock anyone who has the brass balls to open a company , but Internet saves money then a brick & mortar , reason is you dont have to pay Bill & Bob behind the counters you can just hire the Warehouse team and thats all and maybe people to check in the orders. And then you don't have to pay out rent for the building or a million or so for the structure building. The greatest businesses & corporations around stay ahead of the times otherwise they become less relivant again not knocking anyone but that maybe why I and others haven't heard of the store before.

[quote name='tyler3599']Opening a brick & mortar store instead of opening a online store first I don't think shows business intellect at a management level... Every business doing well in todays market has a huge online prescence.
Ebgames , Newegg , Eagames , ...[/QUOTE]

Uh You do realize that Ebgames and newegg were brick & mortar stores FIRST right? You have no clue what you're talking about. EBgames is part of the whole Gamestop family so obviously they have a huge presence onilne and B&M. Newgg used to be Egghead B&M stores until they closed them all down to move strictly online.

[quote name='mike.m']Uh You do realize that Ebgames and newegg were brick & mortar stores FIRST right? You have no clue what you're talking about. EBgames is part of the whole Gamestop family so obviously they have a huge presence onilne and B&M. Newgg used to be Egghead B&M stores until they closed them all down to move strictly online.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with the price of tea & china when they were coming up with the stores and creating the business plans & vision there was no internet , so why would you need a online presence in 2010 you better have a internet presence or you wind up like Game Crazy , Movie Gallery , Etc... You being a prick & a gamer think you would know of classic examples of games stores crashing with no online presence.

[quote name='Gertle627']Never heard of this store before. Decent deals though.[/QUOTE]

gotta move to civilization, son.

[quote name='tyler3599']What does that have to do with the price of tea & china when they were coming up with the stores and creating the business plans & vision there was no internet , so why would you need a online presence in 2010 you better have a internet presence or you wind up like Game Crazy , Movie Gallery , Etc... You being a prick & a gamer think you would know of classic examples of games stores crashing with no online presence.[/QUOTE]

Internet has been around for a while...

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']I don't understand your statement here. It's one at $59.99 and $30 off another $59.99 game. So, unless you're saying you can get some of these games cheaper than $59.99 by themselves, which I'm sure you can.

But it's still a pretty good deal on a lot of new release titles that a lot of "regular" consumers would be paying $59.99 for both of them anyway, since they haven't found CAG yet. :)[/QUOTE]

There's the problem Joe. Most people on here feel insulted at even the thought of paying $59.99 for a game unless its some fanboy, asian import- then they'll spend a hundred. And I hope to god the "regular" customers never find CAG. :D

[quote name='mike.m']Internet has been around for a while...[/QUOTE]

Electronic Botique has been around awhile they used to see NES games and Atari games... Now they have a few top titles for the NES and thats all... And those will be gone in another year or two... And then they'll work to phase down the PS2 games.

[quote name='MrEKO73']There's the problem Joe. Most people on here feel insulted at even the thought of paying $59.99 for a game unless its some fanboy, asian import- then they'll spend a hundred. And I hope to god the "regular" customers never find CAG. :D[/QUOTE]

:applause: exactly. $60 what!? thats racist! lol.

[quote name='gsr']gotta move to civilization, son.[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of it either, and I've lived near Detroit and Chicago for most of my life. I don't think living in civilization has anything to do with it.

[quote name='MrEKO73']There's the problem Joe. Most people on here feel insulted at even the thought of paying $59.99 for a game unless its some fanboy, asian import- then they'll spend a hundred. And I hope to god the "regular" customers never find CAG. :D[/QUOTE]
Street Fighter and Starcraft Threads are coming into my mind now.

yep. its like these people are hired to viral market and promote the game in CAG and defend it to death.

And besides, e-commerce is good but it is also great to have a store around.
The store did good in slowly opening stores around the USA and from what i skimmed through is that they just started their online website. They should keep adding that inventory in their website.
You should not compare the big-wits against the small business [well, they are technically small compared to EB, Best Buy an d K-mart] in the OP. Those big-wits need a website and if their website ever 404's or gets shut down because of a hacker, they will lose so many sales.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I've never heard of it either, and I've lived near Detroit and Chicago for most of my life. I don't think living in civilization has anything to do with it.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of it, too. The closest one to me is near St. Louis on the Illinois side.

I love ultimate electronics they had a crazy black friday sale last year here where all of the ps3 xbox and wii came with a $100 gift card

They have a really good selection of high-end electronics. Back in 2002, when I bought my receiver, it wasn't available in any local stores. Crutchfield carried it, and they beat Crutchfield's price by $300. At the time, at least, I believe they were on commission, so they had incentive to barter.

However, since Amazon started carrying everything, and since Best Buy opened up their Magnolia stores, there's been more significant competition. Like Circuit City, they had financial trouble in the past few years (not THAT much trouble, since they're still around) and closed some stores in the St. Louis area.

Back then they had employees who actually knew the products they were selling, but I can't vouch for them nowadays. Still, it doesn't take much to exceed Best Buy's knowledge base.

No offense to those of you who work at BB and actually know what you're talking about. I know the discount makes it totally worth it. :)

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I've never heard of it either, and I've lived near Detroit and Chicago for most of my life. I don't think living in civilization has anything to do with it.[/QUOTE]

There's a few locations in St. Louis, although I thought they had taken out all of their game stuff before because it was attracting the "wrong kind of crowd." This is a high end place that has their all of their employees in full suit and tie.

If that's the wrong impression then I apologize but the last time I went in one of their locations (2-3 years ago when they were getting rid of their games) that was what I got. Thanks for posting the ad OP.

Just opened one here in Tucson in the old circuit city store....

I have to say its a pretty kick ass store. They had a full arcade cabnet full of arcade games for sale...

I don't understand why people open up with "hm, looks shitty and shady and the deals suck and what kind of idiot runs a B&M store" when the OP is a representative for the store.

That's right! Go on! Git! That'll teach 'em to ever come to CAG and try to inform us of something they think we would care about!

[quote name='supershammy']I don't understand why people open up with "hm, looks shitty and shady and the deals suck and what kind of idiot runs a B&M store" when the OP is a representative for the store.

That's right! Go on! Git! That'll teach 'em to ever come to CAG and try to inform us of something they think we would care about![/QUOTE]

Thank you. :cool:

We have a bunch of these in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Great store for higher-end electronics. Good to see you guys getting into the gaming biz Ultimate Joe.

Good deals. Basically B1G1 50% off on the games. I believe there is a store in Wichita (I live in KC though). Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Transformah']We have a bunch of these in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Great store for higher-end electronics. Good to see you guys getting into the gaming biz Ultimate Joe.[/QUOTE]
They are mostly in the midwest AFAIK. They bought up audio king years ago. They carry some high end stuff but IMO their trend has been to carry less high end stuff than they did years ago. Personally, I think their prices suck most of the time. They did price match an online price for me on a av receiver a couple years ago. They were at $500 and matched the $350 price that 6th ave was selling at. Had to work on them and then I am quite positive they were dissappointed when I bought no audio cables!

[quote name='mike.m']Uh You do realize that Ebgames and newegg were brick & mortar stores FIRST right? You have no clue what you're talking about. EBgames is part of the whole Gamestop family so obviously they have a huge presence onilne and B&M. Newgg used to be Egghead B&M stores until they closed them all down to move strictly online.[/QUOTE]

Uh you do realize that Newegg has NEVER had anything to do with Egghead AT ALL right? They have never, ever, been a B&M store. You have no clue what you're talking about. The only thing that newegg and egghead have in common is the word "egg". http://xenomorph.net/newegg/

And related to what the OP posted...

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2010/04/19/daily6.html

[quote name='mtxbass1']Uh you do realize that Newegg has NEVER had anything to do with Egghead AT ALL right? They have never, ever, been a B&M store. You have no clue what you're talking about. The only thing that newegg and egghead have in common is the word "egg". http://xenomorph.net/newegg/
[/QUOTE]

Was just going to say this. Egghead closed all B&M stores in 1997 and moved online to egghead.com(which now resolves to an amazon search...). They filed for chapter 11 in 2001.

Also, EBGames wasn't always part of the gamestop family. They started as Electronics Boutique, then later merged with gamestop.

[quote name='cRodz']enjoy your court summon Ultimate_Joe![/QUOTE]

That doesn't even make sense. Why would a salesman from Colorado get summoned to appear in a federal case that's being filed in Minneapolis? :roll:

Jeeze what are you people on about? Ultimate is a legitimate place of business, I live near a couple in Minnesota and they have been around longer than I have been alive.

bread's done
Back