Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly see Zayn being a newer version of Daniel Bryan/Evan Borne and Kenta will fill in a void left by CM Punk. This is of course all pending WWE booking doing a semi decent job.

Cesaro has EVERYTHING it takes to be top-tier. I'm wondering who he pissed off. At the very least I thank god he stopped yodeling.
Does he though? Zack Ryder had an entertaining gimmick that should have put him in the chase for the IC/US titles -- and on top of that, he had a Youtube channel that was successful in blurring the lines of kayfabe. He had huge potential, a likable gimmick/personality, and he isn't bad in the ring. Ziggler did too, and part of Ziggler's success was being grouped in on those Ryder videos. #HEEL is 100% from those videos and showed everyone just how good he was on the mic and he put him on their radar when they were previously ignoring him and he capitalized on it by showing those new eyes just how good he was. He's still hugely over while Ryder (who isn't nearly as good as Ziggler in the ring but isn't terrible either), much like Hawkins was is almost forgotten.

Cesaro doesn't have much of a personality that I've seen, and he typically just seems to roll with whoever they put him with and he comes out, swings people, throws a few nasty european uppercuts that would make William Regal proud and goes home.

55ccpg2.jpg

Johnny Cage Wins.

I can get behind this if he starts leaving signed 8x10s on opponents like Dibiase used to do with money (EDIT - yeah, what he said). Also because I was a little concerned he was aping Tyler Breeze's gimmick, but this should be different enough to not hurt the chances of Breeze moving up eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cesaro doesn't have much of a personality that I've seen, and he typically just seems to roll with whoever they put him with and he comes out, swings people, throws a few nasty european uppercuts that would make William Regal proud and goes home.
Future t-shirt.

Swing people

European uppercut

Go home

Ziggler: He IS the next HBK. WWE is IDIOTIC for not seeing this. The man is PURE talent. He is dedicated and talented to no end.

Ryder: He WANTS to be in this business. He is an "employed mark", which I think they hold against him. He "dares to create his own following" which we all know WWE hates. That is his biggest downfall. He should honestly quit asap and build his star power elsewhere. His time in the sun has come and gone unless he magically creates a growing fan base again that they cannot  silence.

Cesaro: He could EASILY be the next Brock Lesnar. WWE keeps assuming that he NEEDS to have a gimmick or mouth piece, My prediction?: Lana adopts him in with Rusev and we have new WWE tag champs. I'd bet money on it.

Ziggler: He IS the next HBK. WWE is IDIOTIC for not seeing this. The man is PURE talent. He is dedicated and talented to no end.

Ryder: He WANTS to be in this business. He is an "employed mark", which I think they hold against him. He "dares to create his own following" which we all know WWE hates. That is his biggest downfall. He should honestly quit asap and build his star power elsewhere. His time in the sun has come and gone unless he magically creates a growing fan base again that they cannot silence.

Cesaro: He could EASILY be the next Brock Lesnar. WWE keeps assuming that he NEEDS to have a gimmick or mouth piece, My prediction?: Lana adopts him in with Rusev and we have new WWE tag champs. I'd bet money on it.
Agreed with Ziggler.

Why couldn't Ryder have been chasing the IC title while Bryan was after the world title? Almost the same type of gimmick, tbh.

They need something to do with Rusev badly, and Swagger is a great opponent for him because he can't dominate him -- though after Rusev squashed Big E, it's hard to believe anyone smaller would fare much better. That said, what happens once someone beats Rusev? Will anyone care about him afterward? Cesaro and Rusev together could keep him around, but they'd still need Lana, and if that happens they need to absolutely dominate the tag division for a good long time to show that they're two dominant monsters paired up. Brothers of Destruction 2.0, if you will.

It seems RVD missed the show last night due to medical reasons, but nothing more about it is known.

There was a conversation during John Cena’s appearance on Steve Austin’s podcast where Austin suggested that Cena tighten up his STF submission hold. Cena gave the impression that he thought he knew how to do the hold and didn’t need the advice. Austin tweeted the following during last night’s WWE Battleground pay-per-view:

“@JohnCena needs to tighten up the STF from what I’m seeing on my twitter feed. C’mon, John…Tighten the sumbitch up… @WWE #WWE”
I had a back and forth with Lance Storm on Twitter about this awhile back, and he definitely agreed.

I know I am probably alone on this, but I disagree. Sure, the guy is athletic as hell. He flips and flops around the ring like HBK, but he cant wrestle. By that I mean he does not put on good matches. Hes screws up as much as Sin Cara ever did, just how many times he messed up with Sheamus in the battle royal. He doesnt make his opponents look good at all and the whole time you can just see that he is trying to be HBK, and not Ziggler. If he slows down, learns how to put a good match together, then he could get there. But for right now hes a guy that makes me wanna change the channel.

And I also do think WWE sees that the fans are into him. Just the way they had him "win" the battle royal to get the audience happy, only to have the Miz (who did a terrible job staying hidden outside the ring to make people forget about him) come in and throw him out. Show the fans what they want, and then give them what they dont want. So I think WWE knows the fans like him, they just dont care.

Orton was holding out, he could have had matching gear with Bluetista a couple of months ago.

The Usos were fine tonight but good lord the Wyatt's can not catch a break.
though the tag match was boring. Tired of usos having the title. Hell the only won on real fall. dude shoulders were up big time before the 3 count on the 2nd fall to tie it up.

this is the 3rd ppv i got on the network and cant belive i will say this but last night was WORSE then Payback. I think if summerslam sucks i doubt i go another 6 months. Told my friend there are really only 4 real PPV the rest are trash (RR WM,SS, SS) we will see is 4 weeks.

found all the matches boring and that kofi thing was just pure stupid. i mean the dude would of threw him off his shoulders

all i got to say is i feel sorry for the people still buying this on PPV and shocked comcast still offers it for 44.95

shocked they did not put ADAM ROSE in the rumble.

I liked the tag match. It did have the typical nonsense that WWE multi fall matches have though, getting pinned real early with something that would never end a real match. It was fun though.

And there are really only two real PPVs now. Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. SummerSlam is no different than any other PPV, and Survivor Series isnt anything special without the elimination tag matches.

The only match I wanted to see didnt even happen, which sucks. I understand that they will save it for SS with some no DQ, falls count anywhere deal.

My problem with the Tag match was the second fall, where Harper CLEARLY had his shoulders up by 2 and the Ref still counted to 3.  Just bad.  The rest of the match was great, aside from the Finish, because I don't know where they go from here.

Paige-AJ was okay, but the story there is...I just don't get it.  It seems like they're having Paige lead these matches where she's clearly not ready to do so.  I'm wondering where Natalya is in all of this, because her and Paige need to have a match or two.

Rusev-Swagger.  Okay match, BAD finish again.  Rusev sold that ankle though.  Lana has a lot of heat right now, but I think they almost overdid it last night.

Ambrose-Rollins.  MOTY, 10/10, Amazing, Will Watch Forever! Seriously, fuck the bait-and-switch.

Wyatt-Jericho. What the hell was that? Bad match. Bad booking. Bad finish.  They need to have Wyatt start winning or else he's going to lose the crowd.

Battle Royale.  Fun. Surprising. Disappointment. All the emotions.  Kofi spots were great as always.  Cesaro being eliminated by Tyler Breeze...I'm worried about Cesaro.  What'd he do wrong?  Miz winning...man...fuck the Miz.  Ziggler doesn't get the love he deserves from that company.  Also, Bo Dallas.  Why?  Because Bo is awesome.

Main Event.  Okay match.  Expected, non-disappointing finish.

Overall:  An okay event, marred by a bad/wrong finish in almost every single match on the card.  I can understand them wanting to bring back non-pin/non-DQ finishes, but to have them all in a single night is pretty bad.  6/10

He definitely does know how to do the STF.  The point is to squeeze the guy's head between the sides of your completely straightened arms right?  It stands for Squeeze That Face doesn't it?

I liked the little bit of continuity in the Battle Royal - Cesaro jabbed Kofi in the eye (and called it out) as revenge for needing the eyepatch a few weeks ago.

I don't know where they go with him other than more feuding with Kofi and Big E from here.  He really should have pulled the US belt from Sheamus during their little feud so he at least has something to go on. 

I'd love to see a Cesaro-Brock feud after Summerslam. The pieces are already there.

I'd love to see Cesaro and Zayn as a team. They work very well together.

I'd also love to see Cesaro vs. Brock.

Apparently WWE is getting a bad press due to Lana & Rusev using the Malaysian Airlines crash in a promo last night.

So don't be surprised if the characters disappear soon because of this.  Although they'll probably have Cena beat him before he's off TV.

Apparently WWE is getting a bad press due to Lana & Rusev using the Malaysian Airlines crash in a promo last night.

So don't be surprised if the characters disappear soon because of this. Although they'll probably have Cena beat him before he's off TV.
That's why I said last night I wonder how long before he gets the Muhammad Hassan treatment.

though the tag match was boring. Tired of usos having the title. Hell the only won on real fall. dude shoulders were up big time before the 3 count on the 2nd fall to tie it up.

this is the 3rd ppv i got on the network and cant belive i will say this but last night was WORSE then Payback. I think if summerslam sucks i doubt i go another 6 months. Told my friend there are really only 4 real PPV the rest are trash (RR WM,SS, SS) we will see is 4 weeks.

found all the matches boring and that kofi thing was just pure stupid. i mean the dude would of threw him off his shoulders

all i got to say is i feel sorry for the people still buying this on PPV and shocked comcast still offers it for 44.95

shocked they did not put ADAM ROSE in the rumble.
The tag title match was amazing. 4 star match. Most everyone here seems to agree that the wrong team won, but the match itself was great and the near falls were crazy.

Regarding Big E and Kofi, if you paid atteattention, they've been friends and occasional tag partners for months. Big E was already eliminated, so he helped his buddy out.

Adam Rose was originally in the battle royal but was moved to the pre-show match with Fandango.

Yeah, $45 ($55 for HD) is crazy for 3 hours of entertainment. I've always felt that way. It could be the best PPV ever, but I wouldn't pay that much to watch it on TV. For live event tickets, however, I'll go all out.

Ryder: He WANTS to be in this business. He is an "employed mark", which I think they hold against him. He "dares to create his own following" which we all know WWE hates. That is his biggest downfall. He should honestly quit asap and build his star power elsewhere. His time in the sun has come and gone unless he magically creates a growing fan base again that they cannot silence.

I didn't watch this PPV, it really just didn't appeal to me.

I like ZIggler, he really should be something more than a dude who beats up Fandango.

I am done with AJ/Paige, I am ready for Emma to take over that title and feud with Alicia Fox.

Cesaro just looks like a dick, and that is why I can't figure out why he is stuck as a mid level heel. He needs to shave his head bald though, the hat ring just ain't doing it.

Heath Slater is from WV, so I can't hate him too much, but damn. Maybe he was a good wrestler before I got back in it, but he doesn't seem to have it.

RUSEV CRUSH! I always laugh when I see that ridiculous picture of Vladimir Putin.

I dislike the Usos, they really need to lose. Wyatts deserve that title!

Speaking of the Wyatts, I am starting to appreciate Luke Harper's wrestling skill. He has a lot of brute strength, but the guy really isn't that bad, especially for a big guy. Rowan on the other hand, he needs some work, he's not bad, but Harper is that much better.

Oh yeah, fuck the Miz. I guess he was on some TV show years ago or something? My wife was telling me, but I don't watch that kind of stuff. He can go eat a big one. I don't like BNB, but I can't wait for the Bull Hammer to smash the Moneymaker.

Too bad RVD didn't fight last night, that dude should be the IC Champion.

So don't be surprised if the characters disappear soon because of this. Although they'll probably have Cena beat him before he's off TV.
I saw that coming a mile away. That promo was just very uncomfortable to sit through, and I was hoping they wouldn't go there, but I should really not have expected better from WWE.

Official WWE Response:

"Last night's segment during WWE's Battleground event was in no way referring to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy. The storyline with characters Rusev and Lana has been a part of WWE programming for more than 3 months. WWE apologizes to anyone who misunderstood last night's segment and was offended."
I doubt Lana & Rusev are going anywhere. Muhammad Hassan vanished because of the terrorists on air and because everyone hated the guy backstage. Nothing will come of this other than even more heat. They couldn't have picked a better time for a ultranationalist gimmick. The truth is that there are people in Russia who completely think like those guys. That's really what made it uncomfortable but nevertheless engaging in its blurring of reality.

A lot of people mostly want escapism. So when something real like racism or xenophobia ventures into professional wrestling and blurs the line between reality and entertainment most people have their breath taken away and don't know how to react. I love it though.

WWE put out one of the biggest horseshit statements they've done in a long, long time regarding the Rusev thing, basically saying there was no reference to the Malaysia flight in the promo, and WWE "apologizes to anyone who misunderstood and was offended by the promo." Basically, you're dumb but sorry if you were mad.

As if Lama referring to "recent events" was actually referring to anything else.

It's better than them throwing Lana under the bus for their writing... I'm honestly relieved. It should be interesting to see what kind of heat they get for their inevitable match at Summerslam.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Johnny boy wins again! I like WINNERS and not losers. He is the greatest superstar to put on wrestling boots[/SIZE]

tumblr_m9zn9bxwuj1rnjfjfo1_500.gif

I remember when that kind of real life heat was used all the time in pro wrestling. Back before the pussification of the world started. I turned off the PPV when they started showing stuff with Rusev (and watched some SNME) so didnt catch the promo. At this stage in the game thuogh, getting offended by pro wrestling is the same as getting offended by a comedian. If you were offended, maybe you should be watching E! programming instead of wrestling.

pretty sure     MIZ pulls that crap everytime hes in a battle royal.  Goes though the middle or bottom rope  lies on the floor and then pops up and throws the last person out.   As soon as miz went out of the ring my cousin goes,   He we go again he will just stay out till the end and toss out the last dude 

http://instagram.com/p/quPnqNsC3C

Punk looking healthy and happy at the AP Music Awards.
Nice seeing him that way. I read an article a bit ago where someone was saying they think the reason he quit is because he was depressed, the more I see the more I agree that was likely the case. I mean even putting the bumps and all the pain these guys go through aside, it still seems like an immensly shitty job. The WWE is the only truely big employer in town and because they know it they seem to LOVE backstage politics, ass kissing etc etc and as most of us agree they undervalue their hardest workers. Even making WWE Champ money I imagine its gotta be hard for anyone to be positive, let alone someone who is beat up, not getting enough rest, hates their boss and has lived Punks life(His family problems and isolation have to have at least on some level scared the guy).

Funny thing  is the  main event  on the  PPV ended the same way  Twice  

June PPV   Cena drops  randy on kane

July PPV  cena drops randy on kane  

LOL

Wow, fuck WWE for using the Animotion song in the SNME promo for the network, when in the actual episodes on the network, that song is overdubbed on every single episode intro.

I didn't watch this PPV, it really just didn't appeal to me.

I like ZIggler, he really should be something more than a dude who beats up Fandango.

I am done with AJ/Paige, I am ready for Emma to take over that title and feud with Alicia Fox.

Cesaro just looks like a dick, and that is why I can't figure out why he is stuck as a mid level heel. He needs to shave his head bald though, the hat ring just ain't doing it.

Heath Slater is from WV, so I can't hate him too much, but damn. Maybe he was a good wrestler before I got back in it, but he doesn't seem to have it.

RUSEV CRUSH! I always laugh when I see that ridiculous picture of Vladimir Putin.

I dislike the Usos, they really need to lose. Wyatts deserve that title!

Speaking of the Wyatts, I am starting to appreciate Luke Harper's wrestling skill. He has a lot of brute strength, but the guy really isn't that bad, especially for a big guy. Rowan on the other hand, he needs some work, he's not bad, but Harper is that much better.

Oh yeah, fuck the Miz. I guess he was on some TV show years ago or something? My wife was telling me, but I don't watch that kind of stuff. He can go eat a big one. I don't like BNB, but I can't wait for the Bull Hammer to smash the Moneymaker.

Too bad RVD didn't fight last night, that dude should be the IC Champion.
Here's the thing, the Wyatt's need to stay strong because they're squandering a great opportunity for the future if they keep making Bray lose. Future plans if the Wyatts stay hot? Bo Dallas bolieves and fails, gets angry, snaps, joins his real life brother's faction, and the Wyatts are essentially the current day Dudley squad. It's fucking brilliant but they're probably piss away all of Wyatts heat before they switch up Bo's gimmick.

Also, The Miz is from MTV's Real World reality show from the 90s. His nickname was "The Miz" because his name is Mike Mizanin. Remember that shirt? :)

mizmain6xp.jpg

Miz was the perfect chickenshit heel champion.  He's not big, he's not strong, he's not a great technical wrestler...so he cheated his ass off.

It wasn't until the face turn when they tried to make him into a normal wrestler who wins matches with his skill that it became an issue.

Thoughts on tonight's Raw so far.

Miz/Ziggler was good...hopefully this means Ziggler gets on the card at Summerslam and maybe gets a win.

Zack Ryder was on Raw! And he won!  Looks like he's bulking up a bit and got rid of the goofier aspects of his look too.

and finally...our dreams of a violent Paige are coming true.  The announcers finally sold her headbutts as well.  They should have been doing this all along.

Really? You bothered pairing Cesaro with Heyman for a month only for him to randomly denounce his partnership in a one-off interview on Raw? Either he beats Ambrose tonight or he's on his way out the door.

Oh shit, the New Nation is happening with Woods/Kofi/Big E.

The Kofi clock doesn't even have a hand for a heel turn.

kofi-kingston-clock-5947.png

Miz was the perfect chickenshit heel champion. He's not big, he's not strong, he's not a great technical wrestler...so he cheated his ass off.

It wasn't until the face turn when they tried to make him into a normal wrestler who wins matches with his skill that it became an issue.
I have always thought Miz gets an unfair shake from the wrestling community. He did well with the material he was given(which was shitt for the most part), he wrestles well enough and he is one of the most belivable heels in the WWE IMO. All that said he has been mishandled badly and given how much talent is in the WWE should be slowly phased out. I have actually been saying for the last 2 years that he should be in Alex Rileys position as a commentor and if he performs as well as I expect he would, moved to Smackdown and eventually Raw commentary. The WWE is dying for some younger blood sitting at that table, I cant take one more joke about Night Rider, Alf, macgyver or whatever the fuck else they spent the 80s watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5F6xG-Rbs&list=UU-ULsqsUW_UB1F6i2rOo_uQ
Man again healthiest I have ever seen him looking, happiest too! That hair cut has to go though, it reminds me of the type of shit kids did in the 90s. Just toss a rat tail on him and he looks like half the kids that went to JHS/HS with me.

Man again healthiest I have ever seen him looking, happiest too! That hair cut has to go though, it reminds me of the type of shit kids did in the 90s. Just toss a rat tail on him and he looks like half the kids that went to JHS/HS with me.
Punk looks like he finally got some sleep. He used to have an entire set of luggage under his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back