Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5F6xG-Rbs&list=UU-ULsqsUW_UB1F6i2rOo_uQ
This clip right here really highlights the difference between young and old guys in the business. Punk is relatively young, worth 7 million dollars, and is still in good physical shape. He also clearly knows when to hang up his boots. Compare Punk to Flair: one of the greatest wrestlers in history, but he's become a joke over the last few years. He spent his money like water trying to live the high life and put his body through all sorts of hell, and didn't know when to quit the business and walk away with his dignity and health intact. Before I left NC, I remember seeing him in commercials for scratch lottery tickets. That right there really illustrated how far he's fallen since his heyday.

I cant disagree any more about the Miz getting an unfair shake or being good in anyway. In the ring hes not bad at all, its his personality. All he does is copy everyone. At first he was a poor mans Rock, then he just started acting like Morrison, then Jericho left after his heel run and the Miz stole Jerichos suits and his entire gimmick. Then there was the Flair stuff. At one point he was even stealing stuff from the Beatiful People in TNA!! (Really? really??) Maybe this is WWE creatives fault, I dont know. Even his catch phrase is about as uncreative as possible. Any 10 year old could come up with something better.

In the end the Miz deserves all the crap he gets and more. WWEs attitude in the last decade seems to be "lets feed the fans everything they say they hate, just because we can". And the Miz is just that. You hate him? We'll make him champion. The Miz is why WWE needs real competition, so they arent allowed the freedom to put him on tv anymore.

I cant disagree any more about the Miz getting an unfair shake or being good in anyway. In the ring hes not bad at all, its his personality. All he does is copy everyone. At first he was a poor mans Rock, then he just started acting like Morrison, then Jericho left after his heel run and the Miz stole Jerichos suits and his entire gimmick. Then there was the Flair stuff. At one point he was even stealing stuff from the Beatiful People in TNA!! (Really? really??) Maybe this is WWE creatives fault, I dont know. Even his catch phrase is about as uncreative as possible. Any 10 year old could come up with something better.

In the end the Miz deserves all the crap he gets and more. WWEs attitude in the last decade seems to be "lets feed the fans everything they say they hate, just because we can". And the Miz is just that. You hate him? We'll make him champion. The Miz is why WWE needs real competition, so they arent allowed the freedom to put him on tv anymore.
These sound like issues with the WWE not the Miz for the most part. The Flair thing is a great example, I know for years Flair has commented he wants to be paired with Ziggler. That would make sense though, so instead I imagine the WWE made the boneheaded descion, not the Miz. God Flair managing Ziggler would have been sooooooo much better.

Quick question while mentioning ZIggler. Anyone know how many concusions the guy has had at this point? I know he had the big one that cost him the belt right after they gave it to him. But I saw someone saying they feel the WWE wont invest in him because he has had far too many for a younger guy, wondering if there is any truth to this.

These sound like issues with the WWE not the Miz for the most part. The Flair thing is a great example, I know for years Flair has commented he wants to be paired with Ziggler. That would make sense though, so instead I imagine the WWE made the boneheaded descion, not the Miz. God Flair managing Ziggler would have been sooooooo much better.

Quick question while mentioning ZIggler. Anyone know how many concusions the guy has had at this point? I know he had the big one that cost him the belt right after they gave it to him. But I saw someone saying they feel the WWE wont invest in him because he has had far too many for a younger guy, wondering if there is any truth to this.
I know of 2, counting the one you mention.

Well after watching Raw I have to say I am no longer the President of Lord does Stephanie have magnificient mammories club. Honestly when those cops cuffed her it looked like she took a Bull Hammer to her center chest leaving a huge gap. She spent too much time with HHH and has bodybulding boobies now. I mean come on Paul, I know you get stiffies from going to watch body building competitions...but did you need to ruin your wife?

Xavier Woods(who I really like)did a shit job as the mouth piece for the supposed new nation. He also makes no sense since he is a rookie preaching a message of they havnt listened...he hasnt even been around long enough to ask anything other then Stephanie cream, sugar? Titus O Neil would have been a MUCH better mouth piece and leader for that group. He has a lot of natural Charisma, is old enough, did a great southern black preacher imitation if I recall and is a intimadating pressence. Xavier can be in the group, but who the hell thought it was a good idea to make this the first time they give him lead on something?

Stephanie being arrested was great, it ALMOST makes me not sick of one of the Bellas!

Ceasaro, Ambrose and Rollins need to have a 2 on 1 or tag match next week. So much talent, so many unique moves. I gurantee they would put on a PPV quality match. Or better yet have Ceasaro af

And finally speaking of PPVs...Summer Slam will suck! This card got released a few weeks ago and I had really hoped it was wrong but here we go again, totally El Generico and I dont mean in an awsome Sammi Zayn kind of way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that chest defintly took a Bull Hammer, likely the whole Barret Barrage.
mqdefault.jpg

Xavier Woods(who I really like)did a shit job as the mouth piece for the supposed new nation. He also makes no sense since he is a rookie preaching a message of they havnt listened...he hasnt even been around long enough to ask anything other then Stephanie cream, sugar? Titus O Neil would have been a MUCH better mouth piece and leader for that group. He has a lot of natural Charisma, is old enough, did a great southern black preacher imitation if I recall and is a intimadating pressence. Xavier can be in the group, but who the hell thought it was a good idea to make this the first time they give him lead on something?
I imagine they're going to end up throwing Darren and Titus back together once he's back from injury. They probably should have never been broken up in the first place.

With Woods I suppose they could bring up how they see them as interchangeable since they pretty much had him steal Brodus Clay's soul. R Truth would probably be good in this spot too.

Xavier Woods is one of the most intelligent and well spoken men in wrestling. He's great as a mouthpiece. Especially if they go in a racial direction with this... it will help to portray these guys as cunning and calculating rather than stereotypically "thuggish".

I will admit, in the interest of full disclosure, that I am somewhat biased after meeting Xavier in 2008 and corresponding with him a few times on MySpace. Very cool dude.

Like I said I really like Xavier. As you said he is a really smart dude and would be a great role model. He cracked me up frequently on NXT, he has a ton of charisma when they let him be himself and was solid in the ring. I have NOTHING against him personally.

I just do not feel he is right for the role he is being given. Even if they wanted to not make this a thuggish bunch like the old nation, he just does not have the physical pressence or experience to be leader of a stable. Let alone leader of a group of guys the WWE is already guilty of squashing. I want to see all 3 of them do well and get a real push out of this(hopefully Titus as well, not a Darren young fan though) and I just feel making Xavier the leader could make this short lived. The crowd certainly didnt seem to be reacting and again he just came off not comfortable in his own skin IMO.

Edit - Iv stalked this forum off and on for a long time and everytime I see you I cant help but think Daniel Bryan

Rusev should win the U.S. Title, only to rebrand it as the Russian Championship.  I should stop giving great advice away for free.

Very good Raw last night.  Very fun.  Good matches, angles picking up, etc.

Paige's turn on AJ should have been last night, but I guess because she didn't have enough heat on her til now, that's why they held off on it.  It actually got a good reaction, so they at least did something right there.  Also, the sarcastic skipping was great.

Heyman...yup. Nothing else to say here.

10/10 Raw.

They don't need to go full Nation really.  WWE already laid down a good template for how a 3 man stable should work with The Shield. 

Kofi and Big E are already fairly popular with crowds, and those guys working together to string together some wins should get more people behind them.

They don't need to go full Nation really. WWE already laid down a good template for how a 3 man stable should work with The Shield.

Kofi and Big E are already fairly popular with crowds, and those guys working together to string together some wins should get more people behind them.
The shield was three guys debuting though, not three guys that have spent months(years in Kofis case)being irrelevent as even midcarders. I just think that all 3 of them are damaged goods at the moment and as unfortunate as it is the WWE does still have a racial issue not just backstage but IMO with the fans too. How can you not after this many years making black athletes inferior in a society that undervalues African Americans anyways. I just do not believe that the fans will easily get behind this anyways, so personally my money is on this ending bads if Woods is the groups mouth. I hope not, though both because all 3 of them are really nice guys, fairly talented and as I said minorities in the WWE kind of need a win at the moment

Edit - Real quick id also like to point out the shield was over on NXT and thus with the IWC when they debuted, they were pushed hard from the start and got a lot of small things like them coming down from the audience right. There are a lot of factors at work ;(

They don't need to go full Nation really. WWE already laid down a good template for how a 3 man stable should work with The Shield.

That's assuming they stay faces. Reports are saying that
Mark Henry
will be joining them soon.

If they go heel, I'd love to see Faarooq come in to be the mouthpiece. He can help push the movement using his reason that WWE only call him when they want him to deliver the punchline in some throwaway backstage bit.

Edit - Iv stalked this forum off and on for a long time and everytime I see you I cant help but think Daniel Bryan
Yeah, I know you've been posting here for a long time. I get the Daniel Bryan comparison frequently from wrestling fans. If only I could get a woman like Brie Bella!

That's assuming they stay faces. Reports are saying that
Mark Henry
will be joining them soon.

If they go heel, I'd love to see Faarooq come in to be the mouthpiece. He can help push the movement using his reason that WWE only call him when they want him to deliver the punchline in some throwaway backstage bit.
Really like the idea of bringing Faarooq in. Like you said it would be so easy since the WWE has reduced him to a single curse word. Would make for a lot of really interesting and funny JBL commentary too.

Really like the idea of bringing Faarooq in. Like you said it would be so easy since the WWE has reduced him to a single curse word. Would make for a lot of really interesting and funny JBL commentary too.
That's another thing . They could use JBL in there. Why did the white APA member get all the world title shots and the cushy announcing position while Ron Simmons got put out to pasture? There are really so many different ways to go with it, but this is WWE we're talking about. In reality, they'll get pushed for a few weeks and then job endlessly to the mini-Rikishis.

Yeah, that's my fear with it...they'll get just far enough to get a title match and then just shuffled back into their normal spots.

Swagger and Rusev seem like good choices as immediate targets since their feud is off and Big E/Kofi/Woods definitely have an issue wth Rusev and can find one with Zeb/Swagger pretty easily.

I'd just have them beat the everloving shit out of Swagger next week as he's getting in the ring for a match with Rusev that won't happen.  Nexus/Shield style beatdown..maybe have Kofi repeat the MSG spot with the announce table as their big finish.  Build from there - no more random Kofi 9:30 specials.  Only put them in matches that have them pusihng towards their goals - whether it be a belt or taking out a specific guy. 

It's going to take a lot to change the way people think about Kofi but hopefully they can get there.

Yeah, that's my fear with it...they'll get just far enough to get a title match and then just shuffled back into their normal spots.

Swagger and Rusev seem like good choices as immediate targets since their feud is off and Big E/Kofi/Woods definitely have an issue wth Rusev and can find one with Zeb/Swagger pretty easily.

I'd just have them beat the everloving shit out of Swagger next week as he's getting in the ring for a match with Rusev that won't happen. Nexus/Shield style beatdown..maybe have Kofi repeat the MSG spot with the announce table as their big finish. Build from there - no more random Kofi 9:30 specials. Only put them in matches that have them pusihng towards their goals - whether it be a belt or taking out a specific guy.

It's going to take a lot to change the way people think about Kofi but hopefully they can get there.

Actually if the rumors of wanting to get Russev away from his current gimmick is true they should attack Swagger AND Russev. Russev and Swagger tagging against them for a month or so would be gold. I mean can you see Lana and the great Mustachioed one having to coexist? They could always break them up after the month of they didn't for. This would also give them a month to let the Ukraine situation either die down or if it doesn't at least they now have a month to figure out what to do with the guy.

Macho Man statue showed up today.......yeah I don't regret buying this thing.  It is just awesome to look at in person and the build quality is fantastic (and should be for the price lol).  Mine is #415/500.

While Woods may still be a rookie in the WWE, you gotta remember he started in TNA in 2007 and he's got a good 7 years (if not more on other indie circuits) under his belt. Dude is a great talker and he's a good wrestler, but Kofi doesn't fit in that faction at all because he sells merch to little kids. Mark Henry could help them get over as heels, but they really should swap Kofi with R-Truth.

TL;DR - Black faction needs more little Jimmy, less Koko-B-Ware w/o the bird.

Also, Swagger and Rusev as unlikely allies would be played up as "just like the end of the Cold War, we've put our differences aside to battle a common enemy" type shit. It writes itself, but since the WWE has Hollywood writers, they'll find a way to fucking ruin it.

I also don't disagree with letting Miz commentate. He'd be better than JBL, and Lawler definitely needs to move to an Ambassador type role and get off commentary. Michael Cole, when not playing a terrible character is bad but with decent colleagues he could be elevated to a higher standard -- he just has no help if he fucks up or flounders, and his chemistry with JBL is forced (Go listen to the JBL and Cole show if you don't believe me. What a stinkfest.) and they basically put Lawler on the "pay no mind" list about 90% of the time.

The thing is, I can't figure out what the WWE is thinking in regards to new talent. Letting Jericho go clean over Wyatt? Seriously? I mean, I get it with Cena. He's Hogan, don't touch him; but Jericho? Jericho is a part timer these days and leaves for months at a time to take Fozzy on tour. He's 40 and his name is made. Use him to put over new talent, stop letting guys who don't need anything get over on the younger guys.

Macho Man statue showed up today.......yeah I don't regret buying this thing. It is just awesome to look at in person and the build quality is fantastic (and should be for the price lol). Mine is #415/500.
I've got a few of the McFarlane MLB figures. They make some high-quality stuff.

That pic isnt doing him Justice. He isnt just Slim Show now he is just Jacked. Best shape I have ever seen him in! Looks like a bigger Ryback actually. New Tag Team! Show Back! Big Back! Ryshow? Team Feed me More(no fat kid ever loses his lover for food!)?

001.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnSu4bccYl8 

Batista and the Guardians of the Galaxy cast vs. a little girl. Beware Guardians of the Galaxy spoilers.

WOW! Holy fucking shit I cant believe how much front row Raw tickets cost! I have never went to any Raw event(or really any live event outside 2 outdoor concerts)because of a lot of social anxieties, thought I would fight my issues for one night. Screw paying $400-$600 depending on which show I try and hit! Even if I didnt have to wear head phones through most of the event that is no where NEAR reasonable. I was thinking front row tickets were gonna be like $100 which means $150 since im a cheap ass...but god was I off this time.

Any of you cheap asses actually pay that to see the show? I just cant bring myself to pay that,  I mean thats a new PS4 possibly with some games!

WOW! Holy fucking shit I cant believe how much front row Raw tickets cost! I have never went to any Raw event(or really any live event outside 2 outdoor concerts)because of a lot of social anxieties, thought I would fight my issues for one night. Screw paying $400-$600 depending on which show I try and hit! Even if I didnt have to wear head phones through most of the event that is no where NEAR reasonable. I was thinking front row tickets were gonna be like $100 which means $150 since im a cheap ass...but god was I off this time.

Any of you cheap asses actually pay that to see the show? I just cant bring myself to pay that, I mean thats a new PS4 possibly with some games!
I always tell myself one day I will buy front row seats just to say I did it once, but then I run away screaming once I see how much it costs for just one ticket.

I went to a TNA House Show a couple years back and had second row seats on the floor -- they cost $50 each. Was a really good show, and got to take a picture with Austin Aries (who was World Champ at the time) in the ring.

But yeah, front row for a WWE TV event? fuck that.

Those aren't the on-sale prices, are they? Those must be from the secondary market. I've gotten 14th row floor seats for SummerSlam in the same section as Jenna Jameson and Jenny McCarthy for an even $100. As of last year, those same seats were only $150, with the first 5-10 rows costing around $350, with commemorative chairs that you get to keep.

Never been front row ringside at WWE. Just random indies plus ROH and PWG. I have been 3rd row for both TNA and WCW.

Those aren't the on-sale prices, are they? Those must be from the secondary market. I've gotten 14th row floor seats for SummerSlam in the same section as Jenna Jameson and Jenny McCarthy for an even $100. As of last year, those same seats were only $150, with the first 5-10 rows costing around $350, with commemorative chairs that you get to keep.

Never been front row ringside at WWE. Just random indies plus ROH and PWG. I have been 3rd row for both TNA and WCW.
Well the seats at the college here in Lansing are not listed just yet so I cant go by my local prices. But I went to several different websites including ticketmaster and just went to seats closest to the ring. Looking at a good 8 or so Raws the cheapest I saw was $150, real min was closer to $200 and the average was somewhere betwen $200 and $300. Saw a handfull for $400 as well in a few big states. Maybe I am doing something wrong though, as I said my anxiety issues mean I dont really do these types of things. I saw a crappy Van Halen concert with my dad at an out door arena and a Sarah Mcglockin(totally not even trying to spell that name)with my inlaws at a zoo and both I had to step out multiple times. Considering I had to sit at the entrance to my wifes college vs in the bleachers with everyone else just a year ago...I honestly doubt I could do this anyways :-({|= (that violen should be a lot tinier I know i know!).

Is TNA still touring? I almost went to a show in Toledo last year but chickened out even though the rumor was less then 200 people were going to(and did)show up. Mmmm Front Row Beutiful people....yeah thats worth something.

That pic isnt doing him Justice. He isnt just Slim Show now he is just Jacked. Best shape I have ever seen him in! Looks like a bigger Ryback actually. New Tag Team! Show Back! Big Back! Ryshow? Team Feed me More(no fat kid ever loses his lover for food!)?

001.jpg
That pic is at least a couple of years old now, if not more.

Show seems like a fat kid at heart, I wouldnt be suprised if he has went up and down a lot over the years. Stinks though, I was excited to see him come back in that shape(plus just happy for him).

The "homework assignment" on the Powerbombcast was December to Dismember 2006 so I slogged through that. Go back and take a look at Big Show on that compared to the match with Mayweather in 2008.

He absolutely had to be around  500 by that point and I think he was around 420-430 when he came back.

Big+Show+-+ECW+Champion.jpg

to

6564722.jpg

That pic is at least a couple of years old now, if not more.
Yep. It's funny how every time he's away, that pic shows up with people saying "look at him now!"

Also, those pictures placed next to each other makes me want to see a La Raza Cena vs Handsome Celebrity Punk feud.

Yep. It's funny how every time he's away, that pic shows up with people saying "look at him now!"
Also, those pictures placed next to each other makes me want to see a La Raza Cena vs Handsome Celebrity Punk feud.
Quick someone hire back Chavo Guerraro and get Eddies old music and a low rider ready! I can see it now, CM Punk is back stage after a long match, he walks to a vending machine and smiles inserting a dollar and buying a pepsi. He lays his head back against the machine and smiling takes a huge swig. Man that's good a refreshed punk says, one just isn't enough after that match though! As punk gets his wallet out to buy his beloved Pepsi Rosa Mendez shows up and distracts him flirting allowing Cena to pull up in his low rider stealing punks wallet he had set down....ofcourse for comedies sake Chavo hops out right before they away and steals punks Pepsi. The two peel out with we lie, we cheat, we steal bumping on the low rider.

BtRdCXRCEAATdHV.jpg

This is the Cena the IWC wants, deserves, and would actually get behind. The evolution of Thuganomics indeed. Instead we got the corporate do-gooder. 

In all seriousness though, even the eternal good guy Hulk Hogan was smart enough to know his act was getting stale. Red and Yellow take your vitamins was starting to get booed out of the arena, same as Cena is now just before the NWO turn. Why can't anyone in the WWE see and understand this? NWO Hogan actually sold just as much merh as take your vitamins Hulk, if not more. And the whole Make a Wish thing is a damn excuse as well, because kids still ask to see Orton, Trips, and others. This isnt the 90's, Kayfabe is dead. 

http://youtu.be/SHdLD_VHBzk

I know Sting is mostly a love him or hate him guy among internet fans, but I've always thought he was pretty awesome. With even just the few seconds he's talking here, you get the falling that he's not WWE-programmed to talk in robotic sound bites like Cole and Hogan both are, but still manages to get out something quote-worthy. He talks like a real person that just so happens to know how to talk in front of a crowd. If Cena could pull that off I'd have less of a problem with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back