Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Even though this will not happen, it would've been better if it was Mercenaries v. Pirates and not Heroes v. Villains since it's beyond awkward seeing clones of story-driven characters (at least for Heroes, not so much Villains).

955125_20090123_screen007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It is pretty weird. I've had a team full of Drakes one time and just found it funny. It wouldn't hurt to suggest the idea though; I'm sure Naughty Dog will consider it.

For those of you unaware you can link your PSN to the beta entering the beta code here:

http://www.us.playstation.com/Beta/uncharted2

that's where you can leave some feedback.

[quote name='jkanownik']Two codes from E3 I don't need:

5BM5 - 92BJ - 7JBN
3PGD - XBBJ - HFF6

Post when used.[/QUOTE]

My savior! The first one was used (probably a lurker) but I was lucky enough to snag the second one. Now I don't have to try to buy another copy of inFAMOUS.

Thanks again!

[quote name='darknight88']wow, those ppls had to really suck then.

I'm level 2 and I beat a level 15+ on my team. (was ended in 1st place). This game seems pretty easy for hardcore online players like me.[/QUOTE]

Socom? It is the penultimate hardcore online shooter

Sony sent me a beta code.

I'm pleasantly surprised, the online multiplayer is better than I expected. I don't know how long I would play it for, but multiplayer is just icing on an already delicious cake.

[quote name='lokizz']has anybody playing this had any problems with grenades that you toss near someone not killing them?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I was able to kill my teammates plenty the other night with grenades ;)

So, it sounds like a number of people got a beta key with their Sony GAP membership but I've received nothing. Did those of you who received the e-mail sign up for something special to get this e-mail?

[quote name='yukine']

I'm pleasantly surprised, the online multiplayer is better than I expected. I don't know how long I would play it for, but multiplayer is just icing on an already delicious cake.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I had a couple of fun matches and it just reminded me how much I loved Uncharted. The character animations are amazing in this series. Does anyone know what the cash is used for?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's the most hardcore online shooter then?[/QUOTE]

Socom!!! Does AA have MP? Thats pretty hardcore. Id put Counterstrike up there too. But for console gaming Socom is far above the rest

[quote name='smiggity']Socom!!! Does AA have MP? Thats pretty hardcore. Id put Counterstrike up there too. But for console gaming Socom is far above the rest[/QUOTE]

Penultimate doesn't mean what you think it does.

[quote name='Magus8472']Penultimate doesn't mean what you think it does.[/QUOTE]Backed.

"next to the last: the penultimate scene of the play."

Source: Dictionary.com

[quote name='woodcan']Nah, I was able to kill my teammates plenty the other night with grenades ;)[/QUOTE]

i hate when people do that shit but i cant whine anymore since ive done it a few times myself accidentally. that damn ps3 trigger is way too fucking sensitive. anyone know what the highest level you can reach in the game is and also wtf are boosters? it says you can choose them but i dont see anything. is this something that will be added in the final game?

i dunno about it being the best mp game experience but to me its way better than gta which is what i usually played for mp fun hell i actually like this beta more than i do infamous which i havent played since the beat got activated. its got some issues and i hope there are more weapons and levels with more size and variety but still i like it alot.

[quote name='lokizz']i hate when people do that shit but i cant whine anymore since ive done it a few times myself accidentally. that damn ps3 trigger is way too fucking sensitive. anyone know what the highest level you can reach in the game is and also wtf are boosters? it says you can choose them but i dont see anything. is this something that will be added in the final game?[/QUOTE]

They're the things in the profile that improve aim/give you more ammo. I'm not entirely certain the aiming ones do anything at present, though.

Unfortunately, there's not much differences to taking them. And if you do, the only one worth it seems to be the better aim with rifles because that's what you'll end up using and aiming, most of the time.

Shooting on the run is very finicky, which I hope will be fixed by release time.

[quote name='lokizz']i hate when people do that shit but i cant whine anymore since ive done it a few times myself accidentally. that damn ps3 trigger is way too fucking sensitive. anyone know what the highest level you can reach in the game is and also wtf are boosters? it says you can choose them but i dont see anything. is this something that will be added in the final game?

i dunno about it being the best mp game experience but to me its way better than gta which is what i usually played for mp fun hell i actually like this beta more than i do infamous which i havent played since the beat got activated. its got some issues and i hope there are more weapons and levels with more size and variety but still i like it alot.[/QUOTE]

Boosters are like perks from Call of Duty 4/5. Press Square while waiting for the match to begin.

The max level is 50, and it sounds like you could use a set of real triggers

[quote name='lolwut?']Boosters are like perks from Call of Duty 4/5. Press Square while waiting for the match to begin.

The max level is 50, and it sounds like you could use a set of real triggers[/QUOTE]

damn this whole time i didnt know you did that and you could use stuff like that. i stopped playing once i got to 30 but if 50 is the top i think i may keep going. tell me more of these real triggers. ive had isues with those triggers in other games too like bioshock.L2 nd R2 only

[quote name='lokizz']damn this whole time i didnt know you did that and you could use stuff like that. i stopped playing once i got to 30 but if 50 is the top i think i may keep going. tell me more of these real triggers. ive had isues with those triggers in other games too like bioshock.L2 nd R2 only[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/RealTriggers-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1244514417&sr=8-1

You know, you could have searched that yourself.

I will give a thumbs-up for the RealTriggers. I couldn't play a ps3 controller without them. That controller in general is blah, but the RealTriggers help it not be so obnoxious.

[quote name='woodcan']So, it sounds like a number of people got a beta key with their Sony GAP membership but I've received nothing. Did those of you who received the e-mail sign up for something special to get this e-mail?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got my beta key for being a GAP member. I didn't sign up for anything, they just e-mailed it to me during E3.

Is there a way to 'cancel' a grenade throw? I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw a grenade, but didn't and literally blew my cover.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Is there a way to 'cancel' a grenade throw? I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw a grenade, but didn't and literally blew my cover.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be...everything I do just causes me to throw the thing anyway.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Is there a way to 'cancel' a grenade throw? I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw a grenade, but didn't and literally blew my cover.[/QUOTE]

if you mean when youre aiming where you want to toss it hit the dodge roll button (circle button) that will get rid of the aiming arc.

I wish you could earn XP in Co-Op. I don't understand why developers think you should only be rewarded for playing against others and not with others. Co-Op also seems butt hard.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I will give a thumbs-up for the RealTriggers. I couldn't play a ps3 controller without them. That controller in general is blah, but the RealTriggers help it not be so obnoxious.[/QUOTE]
Eh, it is just what you are used to. I have no problems with the controller... humans are able adapt very easily.

I don't think so. We got to what may be the third section of the co-op level, where shielded enemies show up, and died there before being brought to the stat screen and then having my level 2 rank change into a level 3 rank. Maybe there's a spot that you need to reach before you're safe, but I haven't played enough of it to tell if that's the case or not.

All i played was the team deathmatch and the plunder. So far, i give it a A-. Its almost perfect, feels like gears 1 did with its awesome multiplayer, of which i played a stupid amount of hours of. Cept this doesnt have crazy lag and tons of glitches. Played perfectly online. Graphics are GORGEOUS. The missing music sorta sucks tho. I think a few tweaks here/there and the final polish are going to push this game into the top of the online shooters avail for me. I really had a good time and i just got started.

This also convinced me that there is no way around it, i am buying this at launch for full price, its so good.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think so. We got to what may be the third section of the co-op level, where shielded enemies show up, and died there before being brought to the stat screen and then having my level 2 rank change into a level 3 rank. Maybe there's a spot that you need to reach before you're safe, but I haven't played enough of it to tell if that's the case or not.[/QUOTE]

Well I played the co-op stage twice (once with 2 players, the other time with 3) and both times we lost and I got $0. We reached like the 3rd shootout, just past the bus. I don't know how far that is in the level.

New patch coming soon. Here are the details.

Patch Notes

General

* Grenade explosions now apply damage properly

Matchmaking

* Players should no longer get hung up in matchmaking for long periods of time

Bug Fixes

* Ranks should no longer reset randomly
* Quitting the game will no longer reset the PS3
* Player collision – players should no longer get hung up on each other when moving through the environment
* Player will now be killed if stuck in falling animation for too long
* In Plunder mode, treasures will no longer disappear during matches

The thing the will piss people off is that the stats will reset. I don't care because, it's only a beta and I figured they will be reset when the full release comes out.

Also, we will be able to play with/against the Naughty Dog devs.
The dates and times are below:

Tuesday, June 9 – 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 11 – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT
Tuesday, June 16 – 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 18 – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/09/uncharted-2-come-play-with-the-naughty-dogs/

Hehe, resetting stats. That always makes me chuckle. Those freaks that are at like level 35 and just jump between game to game, not talking, just trying to be the best. Suck it! (Sorry any CAGS that are above level 30!)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hehe, resetting stats. That always makes me chuckle. Those freaks that are at like level 35 and just jump between game to game, not talking, just trying to be the best. Suck it! (Sorry any CAGS that are above level 30!)[/QUOTE]
LOL its ok, I am only on 27 or 28. But I was just playing it because it is a FUN game and I am just holding off starting another game till Ghostbusters comes out in a few days. But I always talk and just have fun with it, if its not fun then whats the point?

Are there any controllers for PS3 with concave analog sticks?

I can't really move and aim for whatever reason with convex sticks in shooters, but I think this game is fun and would pick it up if I can find a reasonable controller.

Really wish I could just use my 360 controller on PS3.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Are there any controllers for PS3 with concave analog sticks?

I can't really move and aim for whatever reason with convex sticks in shooters, but I think this game is fun and would pick it up if I can find a reasonable controller.

Really wish I could just use my 360 controller on PS3.[/QUOTE]

The only thing you can buy are the fpsfreek stick toppers. I have them and I really like them.
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/content/menuproducts/fpsfreek

well that sucks. i got to level 30 something and now its gonna reset? good to know theyre fixing shit but whatever ive done all i could with that game anyway and the levels are getting dull now. guess ill go back to playing infamous and getting beat down by those cheap gun toting sons of bitches.

bread's done
Back