Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='natiev']I just recently got a PS3 and was curious if I should play uncharted1 before 2? I just picked up uncharted2 for $20 bucks but if I should play 1 first I need to go out and get it.[/QUOTE]

I personally would. It isn't a MUST, but imo it adds a lot to 2. And 2 is a lot better than 1... so it may be hard to go back to 1 if you start on 2. You can find 1 really cheap, so go for it.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I personally would. It isn't a MUST, but imo it adds a lot to 2. And 2 is a lot better than 1... so it may be hard to go back to 1 if you start on 2. You can find 1 really cheap, so go for it.[/QUOTE]Totally agree. 1 is great and 2 is an improvement. You'll get the returning characters and their relationships/motivations better if you play 1 first, but it's not required. Personally, UC1 and 2 are two of my favorite games and game stories ever and I'd say play them both in order.

[quote name='natiev']I just recently got a PS3 and was curious if I should play uncharted1 before 2? I just picked up uncharted2 for $20 bucks but if I should play 1 first I need to go out and get it.[/QUOTE]

im with them^ i recently got a PS3 myself (just 5 months ago) and i bought uncharted 1 then 2. i also recommend playing 1 first then jump into 2. 1 isnt a bad game but to really appreciate how awesome and insane 2 is its nice to have that reference.

you dont have to but you will appreciate the improvements from 1 to 2 better also the story is worth experiencing too and if you try to plat u1 you will get better with the handgun( a great weapon to use in u2 mp).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='natiev']well, then it is settled

gotta get my hands on uncharted1[/QUOTE]

good job! you cant go wrong either way. uncharted is now one of my favorite franchises. right next to max payne. im addicted to UC2 MP though seriously....ive been playing for 2 days and im already level 21. i really cant wait to try the UC3 beta now and i'll be definitely be playing through UC2 story again on hard mode though.

I think the GOTY was supposed to come with all the multiplayer content (minus the sidekicks pack), the U2 dynamic theme for Ps3, and the "Eye of Indra" motion comics, some Avatars, and the Uncharted Pinbal game for PSP (for use with PSP only).

If i remember correctly, something that was supposed to be in the bundle wasn't packed in- and I think it was the dynamic theme.

The comics are actually pretty cool. The story for the comics was a flashback style plot thread that was pulled out of U2 due to limitations (time or budget).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']yeah i hated that aspect of the u2 boss that room youre in causes more deaths than the actual boss attacks.[/QUOTE]

There's a cheap way to end this fight, even on Crushing, and it doesn't involve hanging on the edge of that square pillar. From the starting point, run down a bit and take cover behind the tree a bit past the resin blob so that you can barely aim your gun at the resin. When Lazarevic gets close, shoot the resin once, and run right up to him so that he is between you and the resin. When he is no longer stunned, he will grab you by the throat. When you're this close, he will never shoot you with his overpowered shotgun. Mash square as quickly as you can when prompted. If you do it right, he will not throw you long distance - he will just put you down on your feet. It will only take about one second for you to heal fully, then let him pick you up again. Shoot the resin when it comes back, making sure that you're far enough away from the blast to not take damage, but Laz does take damage. You should only have to shoot the resin about six times to end the fight - at least three times less than if you ran around the area.

[quote name='rly723']is the multi player still active? i keep getting error syncing live date and syncing levels. any fixes?[/QUOTE]

it is but it takes forever to get a game going.

bread's done
Back