Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

yeah theres alot of assholes who play uncharted if theyre not pulling that plunder shit theyre trying to kill you to get weapons you have that they want or they get in your way and cause you to get killed.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah theres alot of assholes who play uncharted if theyre not pulling that plunder shit theyre trying to kill you to get weapons you have that they want or they get in your way and cause you to get killed.[/QUOTE]
Or they all rush right for the power weapons to kill everyone quickly, then whine and moan when "noobs" beat them to the weapons and kill them.

Plunder isn't the only mode they have crap in either. They like to make deals with the other team in the capture the zone mode where both teams will just sit in the zones the whole game and rack up the points

Or in coop where they will run around not helping, then when you die they will stand around taunting you for no reason.

I remember the days when it first came out, rushing the shotgun and pistole, auto aim was such a bitch.

Haven't played since. :/

Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually a really killer plunder character. I was better a few months ago when I played often. But it's still not uncommon for me to have the most plunders out of anyone. It sucks asshats have to ruin a game for everyone.

I typically have all players muted and I have no communication device to interact verbally (most people online are either childish or are in fact preteens/children). I basically, have no ideal of the in and outs going on from that front.

why the hell would level XXX guys be boosting money in a chain reaction game. i can see if there were some trophy dedicated to reaching super high levels, but there isnt.

im trying to get my 50 objective wins for that one trophy, so ive been just grabbing the hammer, waiting till my team caps section 3 and then when the entire team is sitting at section 2, i destroy them all, cap 2, then 1 to finish the game.

boy that pisses off a lot of people. hahahaha

All the above is why i stay away from multiplayer. No reason to be aggravated trying to play against people who have all day to figure out all these "cheats" and "tricks". Why is it people want to brag about having a high level in mutliplayer games? I am begining to think they are all cheaters anyway so what is the point?

Annnddd my brief interest in trying out this game's online coop mode has died before I have even received the game in the mail. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Gourd']Annnddd my brief interest in trying out this game's online coop mode has died before I have even received the game in the mail. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

online co-op is great. so is regular deathmatch. just stay away from objective based games.

:rofl: All of the 'serious' mp players in here are hilarious. Oh noes they're just sitting there racking up points, they're not playing right.

Those people are playing the game how they want to play. You don't like it, find a new game.

I used to suicide off a cliff when playing dm/tdm when I was cornered by much better players than myself rather than give them a kill. Then again, EVERYONE on this game's mp was much better than me cuz I didn't wanna play it 24/7 to 'practice'.

That's why I ONLY would play the co-op objective based modes and none of the tdm/dm/plunder/etc/etc modes cuz those ones were always populated with either players who played 24/7 or glitchers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: All of the 'serious' mp players in here are hilarious. Oh noes they're just sitting there racking up points, they're not playing right.

Those people are playing the game how they want to play. You don't like it, find a new game.

I used to suicide off a cliff when playing dm/tdm when I was cornered by much better players than myself rather than give them a kill. Then again, EVERYONE on this game's mp was much better than me cuz I didn't wanna play it 24/7 to 'practice'.

That's why I ONLY would play the co-op objective based modes and none of the tdm/dm/plunder/etc/etc modes cuz those ones were always populated with either players who played 24/7 or glitchers.[/QUOTE]

what would you know about u2 mp last i heard all you play is gta4?

[quote name='lokizz']what would you know about u2 mp last i heard all you play is gta4?[/QUOTE]
I remember that from when I used to play it, but that seems like ages ago now. Either way I'll likely never play U2 mp again ever, since the only good mode to me was the objective based co-op one.:booty:

so just got the game and for the moment i'm considering putting it in my backlog. My only question is about the "OVER $35 IN BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED". Is it on the disc or in a voucher. My concern is if I backlog it when i get around to it the voucher will be expired?

I dont expect anyone to respect my decision to play Haze but I do have BioShock and DeadSpace on deck right now.

[quote name='Wolfkin']so just got the game and for the moment i'm considering putting it in my backlog. My only question is about the "OVER $35 IN BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED". Is it on the disc or in a voucher. My concern is if I backlog it when i get around to it the voucher will be expired?

I dont expect anyone to respect my decision to play Haze but I do have BioShock and DeadSpace on deck right now.[/QUOTE]
The bonus content is in a voucher. The disc is a plain vanilla one. Expiration is unknown since the printed expiration date on the voucher is the launch date of the GOTY, which obviously can't be.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: All of the 'serious' mp players in here are hilarious. Oh noes they're just sitting there racking up points, they're not playing right.

That's why I ONLY would play the co-op objective based modes and none of the tdm/dm/plunder/etc/etc modes cuz those ones were always populated with either players who played 24/7 or glitchers.[/QUOTE]

stop being a douche bag, you know as well as i know its annoying having to leave games and find a new one. about 3 outta 5 games were ppl sitting there just taking turns getting caps. and for what? so you can be a higher level that you didnt earn? theres no reason why anyone past VII or so has any reason to boost and even then its questionable since youre just boosting to get to the next badge of honor.

[quote name='Wolfkin']so just got the game and for the moment i'm considering putting it in my backlog. My only question is about the "OVER $35 IN BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED". Is it on the disc or in a voucher. My concern is if I backlog it when i get around to it the voucher will be expired?

I dont expect anyone to respect my decision to play Haze but I do have BioShock and DeadSpace on deck right now.[/QUOTE]Have you played the first UC yet? I was gonna say you should at least reconsider and play UC2 before those other games which are good, great and great respectively, but maybe you should save it for last so you appreciate UC2's awesomeness all the more.

This is probably the only online game i have ever played where the developer made the game much worst to play online with updates after the game came out. The beta was more fun than the game is today. I shouldn't say that though cause in Resistance 2 they totally messed up the ranked matchmaking system after one update and you could never find full games after that and would get stuck in 4 on 4 games in maps made for 60 players.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Have you played the first UC yet? I was gonna say you should at least reconsider and play UC2 before those other games which are good, great and great respectively, but maybe you should save it for last so you appreciate UC2's awesomeness all the more.[/QUOTE]I don't own UC1 yet but I did beat it when I got it from the library so story wise I'm ready to go on UC2.

Ugh. i hate vouchers. I think I might put down Resistance and bump up UC. I'll just play UC2 and Haze now.

Just got to chapter 25 in the single player. Wow. The introduction of the new enemies has made me hit a wall that is so frustrating it's ruining all the positivity I had going from the rest of the game. I cannot kill them, and it's making me so frustrated I don't want to bother playing again. Nothing I try works.

Going to take a break until I don't feel so pissed and then try again.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just got to chapter 25 in the single player. Wow. The introduction of the new enemies has made me hit a wall that is so frustrating it's ruining all the positivity I had going from the rest of the game. I cannot kill them, and it's making me so frustrated I don't want to bother playing again. Nothing I try works.

Going to take a break until I don't feel so pissed and then try again.[/QUOTE]

haha, I was the same way for like 15 minutes. Then I turned it off. Came back at it the next day, finally killed one of them on my second try, and then I dont think I died the rest of the game, even against the final boss.
Patience.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just got to chapter 25 in the single player. Wow. The introduction of the new enemies has made me hit a wall that is so frustrating it's ruining all the positivity I had going from the rest of the game. I cannot kill them, and it's making me so frustrated I don't want to bother playing again. Nothing I try works.

Going to take a break until I don't feel so pissed and then try again.[/QUOTE]A good strategy against them:
For the first one use grenades and use cover making sure to slowly take him out while making sure you don't die bc your death can happen quickly. Once you kill him, GET HIS WEAPON! Their weapons do great damage to them. But you don't get much ammo so make your shots count.

[quote name='edson13']haha, I was the same way for like 15 minutes. Then I turned it off. Came back at it the next day, finally killed one of them on my second try, and then I dont think I died the rest of the game, even against the final boss.
Patience.[/QUOTE]
Run around and shoot from the hip. Don't stop or they will hit and own you. Once one dies get their weapon and use it against the others.

Going to take a break until I don't feel so pissed and then try again.[/QUOTE]i guess I got lucky. the only trouble i had in the game was the final boss like the last game.

However this time I own the game so I'm a little worried about when i get there on Hard.

[quote name='edson13']haha, I was the same way for like 15 minutes. Then I turned it off. Came back at it the next day, finally killed one of them on my second try, and then I dont think I died the rest of the game, even against the final boss.
Patience.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how, but this actually basically worked. Came back a couple days later and after a couple of tries, got it done. Still, running around only worked through, luck, as they have super aim and would kill me all the time by sitting high and shooting the crossbow at me and one-shot killing me as I ran about. Frustrating.

The final boss was actually easy comparatively. I'll be working on the Hard and Crushing playthroughs next, whenever I get bored of other games.

the final boss in u1 on crushing was way harder than the one on u2. but both were cheap bastards. cant wait to see what the boss will be like in u3.

ooooohhhh THOSE guys. i thought we were talking about the gattling gun dudes. I must been really lucky or maybe it's just you survive longer on normal but those guys weren't too hard at all. I could take one arroow and from that i just aimed back with a crossbow and return kill.

lokizz said:
the final boss in u1 on crushing was way harder than the one on u2. but both were cheap bastards. cant wait to see what the boss will be like in u3.

I found the design of the U1 boss fight to be a well done rather than U2's
merry-go-round :roll:
. But yeah, the instant headshot/unlimited nade spam did get tedious.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']I found the design of the U1 boss fight to be a well done rather than U2's
merry-go-round shit
. But yeah, the instant headshot/unlimited nade spam did get tedious.[/QUOTE]

yeah i hated that aspect of the u2 boss that room youre in causes more deaths than the actual boss attacks.

[quote name='Supplice']I found the design of the U1 boss fight to be a well done rather than U2's
merry-go-round shit
. But yeah, the instant headshot/unlimited nade spam did get tedious.[/QUOTE]
It'd be interesting to see a game where enemies faced the same constraints the player did, i.e. no infinite ammo/grenades/etc. It sucks knowing everyone has infinite ammo except you.

I hate it because it's not always apparent how the flow of the fight is supposed to do at first. I spend like 15 minutes running in circles before I just figured you had to bulldoze your way thru the fight.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I hate it because it's not always apparent how the flow of the fight is supposed to do at first. I spend like 15 minutes running in circles before I just figured you had to bulldoze your way thru the fight.[/QUOTE]
This is also true and frustrating. For instance, a fantastic place to get weapon trophies is in chapter 24 or 25. When you encounter the large clusterfracas fight just inside the building, soldiers will be spawning out of the left side of the room. If you don't progress forward past the cover you first run to, they'll spawn infinitely, making an easy shooting gallery for you.

To me, that just seems like a bit of lazy smoke and mirrors. Would it have been that bad to just have a finite amount?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It'd be interesting to see a game where enemies faced the same constraints the player did, i.e. no infinite ammo/grenades/etc. It sucks knowing everyone has infinite ammo except you.[/QUOTE]Maybe but it would need some really good AI behind it
and that's not likely to happen. See Point 1 here. and Chris Hecker's rant here
or it's just way too easy. I that's what MindJack was supposed to solve, by using other players as AI. Great idea but I heard execution sucks. If a bad guy had say 100 bullet just like you it's either easy (you just wait behind cover till he's empty) or near impossible (he's got better aim than you?) plus if he is out of ammo then what does the bad guy do? just cower in fear of you impotently? Most games do a good job of giving you more than enough ammo to fire freely. and conversely the AI usually isn't non-stop shooting so I consider it more or less an even exchange.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']This is also true and frustrating. For instance, a fantastic place to get weapon trophies is in chapter 24 or 25. When you encounter the large clusterfracas fight just inside the building, soldiers will be spawning out of the left side of the room. If you don't progress forward past the cover you first run to, they'll spawn infinitely, making an easy shooting gallery for you.

To me, that just seems like a bit of lazy smoke and mirrors. Would it have been that bad to just have a finite amount?[/QUOTE]Personally I actually don't have a problem with infinite spawn points in concept. I think if you do it right the player knows to progress. For instance I never noticed infinite spawn points in this game, so I'd consider them pretty well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']This is also true and frustrating. For instance, a fantastic place to get weapon trophies is in chapter 24 or 25. When you encounter the large clusterfracas fight just inside the building, soldiers will be spawning out of the left side of the room. If you don't progress forward past the cover you first run to, they'll spawn infinitely, making an easy shooting gallery for you.

To me, that just seems like a bit of lazy smoke and mirrors. Would it have been that bad to just have a finite amount?[/QUOTE]Personally I actually don't have a problem with infinite spawn points in concept. I think if you do it right the player knows to progress. For instance I never noticed infinite spawn points in this game, so I'd consider them pretty well done.

Well I popped this back in last night as I wanted to play something multi on ps3 and this is the only mp game I have outside of baseball & Buzz.

I had bought the DLC while it was on sale a couple of months back, and set that to priority on matchmaking and couldn't find a game. Did the default search and found a game but once it broke up I couldn't find another.

Then I started single player back up and went from chapter 10-20, and now I'm stuck in the section where the tank is blocking your exit from a back alley right after u lose your Tibetan guide in the village.

Sometimes the game frustrates me because I don't know where I'm supposed to go and I jump to my death.

I got stuck on the tank blocking in the alley so bad, I can't believe it. Instead of going out to where the tank is, just keep going right and you'll see there's a path you can take. It's surprisingly easy to miss. I think I charged out to where the tank was a good 10 times, if the tank didn't gun me down I would just die by some invisible force (as you're not suppose to be going that way).

I haven't been able to d/l the DLC off my GOTY version (bought during the PSN outage)...but after reading some experiences here I guess I'm not missing much. I do love the co-op modes though (I loved Terrorist Hunt on R6: Vegas2), and deathmatch can be fun too.

I wonder if trophies will unlock once I d/l the DLC based on my current MP stats?

Thanks to the poster on the previous page. Beat the game last night, found that IGN hosted a video walkthrough and saw the path you mentioned that I missed originally.

[quote name='humidore']I wonder if trophies will unlock once I d/l the DLC based on my current MP stats?[/QUOTE]

No all those trophy stats (but not your overall stats) will be at zero so you have to earn them the hard way. This was the first time I had played the multi since I bought the discounted DLC and all of those counts were at zero.

Okay I have a dumb question: how do you use the stuff you bought like skins and what not on another play through? I want to play it on a harder difficulty but I'd like some added juice....

[quote name='Ashtaar']Okay I have a dumb question: how do you use the stuff you bought like skins and what not on another play through? I want to play it on a harder difficulty but I'd like some added juice....[/QUOTE]

you cant use it on the harder difficulties before you beat those difficulties. crucshing isnt that hard though except for the cheap ass final boss.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thanks to the poster on the previous page. Beat the game last night, found that IGN hosted a video walkthrough and saw the path you mentioned that I missed originally.

No all those trophy stats (but not your overall stats) will be at zero so you have to earn them the hard way. This was the first time I had played the multi since I bought the discounted DLC and all of those counts were at zero.[/QUOTE]

ouch....thanks for the info though.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Okay I have a dumb question: how do you use the stuff you bought like skins and what not on another play through? I want to play it on a harder difficulty but I'd like some added juice....[/QUOTE]

In the main menu screen, switch the difficulty to hard, enable whatever cheats you want to use, then switch it back to crushing. Load up your game save, and you're good to go.

Finished the game up today. Didn't really care for the story at all. It felt too much like the first game. I did like that enemies didn't dance around like monkeys at all times, though.

Actually, you can use skins on difficulties you haven't beat yet. I played through most of hard my first time as Skelzor (I think that's his name, skeleton with the glowing heart). I planned on playing through Crushing as Doughtnut Drake, but seeing how I skipped most of the cutscenes in my Hard run and this will probably be the last time I play through this masterpiece, I'm gonna stay as normal Drake and enjoy the game as it was meant one final time.

Sigh... it's bittersweet. I almost never complete games, just goes to show how great UC2 is. I hope UC3 is as good. I'm not even wishing it to be better, as long as it's as good as UC2 it will be heaven.

Anyone playing the MP with any regularity? I just started playing it and I think it is the first U2 MP (that wasn't the coop) that I've played since back at Naughty Dog (and the public beta). At least the first U2 MP that I've kept playing since the "trophy" DLC.

Really enjoying it and it seems to be my latest obsession (which is weird, but on PS3 this, AC B and Brink are about it right now for MP). I've only come across one for sure cheater (was glitched under a waterfall or something on Temple and was pulling people down), so that hasn't been too bad. Seems there are still large amounts of people playing as well. I haven't tried plunder, so I can't speak about what that is like (seems a lot of bad experiences haha).

If anyone wants to set up a game night in anticipation/practice for U3 beta (and then in anticipation for U3), let me know.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Anyone playing the MP with any regularity? I just started playing it and I think it is the first U2 MP (that wasn't the coop) that I've played since back at Naughty Dog (and the public beta). At least the first U2 MP that I've kept playing since the "trophy" DLC.

Really enjoying it and it seems to be my latest obsession (which is weird, but on PS3 this, AC B and Brink are about it right now for MP). I've only come across one for sure cheater (was glitched under a waterfall or something on Temple and was pulling people down), so that hasn't been too bad. Seems there are still large amounts of people playing as well. I haven't tried plunder, so I can't speak about what that is like (seems a lot of bad experiences haha).

If anyone wants to set up a game night in anticipation/practice for U3 beta (and then in anticipation for U3), let me know.[/QUOTE]

i do add me if you want and if youre one we can play especially if you want to do coop.

im actually trying the MP out for the first time tonight, finally got a blue tooth headset and GOTY edition of UC2 so im willing to play with anyone who wants to. cant wait for the UC3 beta.

I just recently got a PS3 and was curious if I should play uncharted1 before 2? I just picked up uncharted2 for $20 bucks but if I should play 1 first I need to go out and get it.

bread's done
Back