Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='basilofbkrst']It came with an OP skeleton skin that makes no sound. And some other stuff.[/QUOTE]
O rly? Even better than my Genghis Khan skeleton, eh?

I've been sitting at the menu for at least ten minutes now, watching the bar slowly creep across the screen. Yessh.

In one pistol plunder I got two captures and went from lvl 18 to 21. Is plunder the way to go for leveling up the fastest?

[quote name='Rig']I'm gonna have to throw this in the PS3...if only to get that exclusive skin.[/QUOTE]I didn't see the exclusive skin. Did anyone get it?

[quote name='Rig']I've been sitting at the menu for at least ten minutes now, watching the bar slowly creep across the screen. Yessh.[/QUOTE]And I thought it was just my game that did that. I hate accidentally backing out of mp just to have to reload for ten minutes.

[quote name='lokizz']should be starting 1201 am paciffic time i plan on pulling a 247 to hopefully get to level 70.[/QUOTE]I forget what the roman numerals are for. Is that just showing that someone "prestiged" and are there any benefits of prestiging? Are there any benefits of getting to 70 or 80 besides the new skins and who are those two guys anyway?

Holy shit, now I remember why I quit this garbage. My game fucking hung at the loading screen for a match and after like 3 minutes I was given a quitter penalty. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, nice to see they still haven't fixed shit. Do the penalties get worse, like losing 20k I think it was? I remember losing something like 120k way back in January and NONE of it was my fault; just their shitty matchmaking code. Granted, I did get one match in and got like 32k for seven kills lol, so at least it wouldn't be a huge deal now. Tons of noobs around too, so leveling should be a breeze.

[quote name='Jodou']Holy shit, now I remember why I quit this garbage. My game fucking hung at the loading screen for a match and after like 3 minutes I was given a quitter penalty. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, nice to see they still haven't fixed shit. Do the penalties get worse, like losing 20k I think it was? I remember losing something like 120k way back in January and NONE of it was my fault; just their shitty matchmaking code. Granted, I did get one match in and got like 32k for seven kills lol, so at least it wouldn't be a huge deal now. Tons of noobs around too, so leveling should be a breeze.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me maybe 3-4 times total and basically cost me 4-5 ranks. I would have had back in the day. It hasn't happened in a while.

Found it:

"UPDATE: For the 24-hour event, only Naughty Dogs with the red paw will have access to the exclusive Anniversary Nathan Drake skin for multiplayer. BUT..... everybody who plays in a game in Matchmaking during the 24-hour event will have the skin activated for their account early next week. If you don’t play in a Matchmaking game, you won’t EVER get the skin. This is our special gift to our most loyal players who are celebrating our anniversary with us."

^ naughtydog.com

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been wondering that too since they said once you play a game you can use it but i dont see it in my list. havent seen any nd layers either.

Just played two matches and damn, things have changed.

First I had to get 6 updates... and then it needed to "sync live data" or something for 10 minutes.

But I'm amazed by how so many people are at such high levels. I wish I could play some more... I sucked but I forgot how fun the game was. Too bad this had to be today, when I'm the busiest.

[quote name='lokizz']ive been wondering that too since they said once you play a game you can use it but i dont see it in my list. havent seen any nd layers either.[/QUOTE]

According to the post above yours, the skin won't activate until next week.

This game gives me a headache. Pre-made groups STILL aren't matched up against other groups, so people who play this way too much are just ruining any fun to be had. Out of all the plunder games I played today, my team only won one and I got something like 300k cash (if you lose the best I got was like 40k, so prime example of the rich get richer). I'm guessing these groups have run off everyone who is just coming back for the event, because I went from seeing tons of lowbies to nothing but 50+.

Oh well, not wasting any more of my time on this.

fucking game worked fine all damn today, and now, three back-to-back hangups while a match started...costing me a lot of cash and rank. ARGH! :bomb:

[quote name='Jodou']This game gives me a headache. Pre-made groups STILL aren't matched up against other groups, so people who play this way too much are just ruining any fun to be had. Out of all the plunder games I played today, my team only won one and I got something like 300k cash (if you lose the best I got was like 40k, so prime example of the rich get richer). I'm guessing these groups have run off everyone who is just coming back for the event, because I went from seeing tons of lowbies to nothing but 50+.

Oh well, not wasting any more of my time on this.[/QUOTE]

Are you doing Straight up Plunder, or The Lab - Pistol Only Plunder? I tried to play regular Plunder but it wasn't even worth my effort, we got steamrolled by a team with two people of the X prestige or whatever level. When I went to The Lab and we got in Pistol Only Plunder... I think I only lost one of those. Those suckers gave 200k / win w/ Deposit.

Of course, I quit when I got stuck in a bunch of shotgun only maps. Serious? What's fun about running around and spraying from the hip in holes it kills somebody? God forbid people have to aim and make something more difficult.

@Rig, I tried to invite you to a group... but it hung up and froze on me.

Seriously, I remember exactly why I stopped wasting my time on the multiplayer. True, I like this multiplayer a million times more than gears of war 2's trash multiplayer... but i am just not a fan of third person shooting in a "competitive" setting.

[quote name='dyeknom']Are you doing Straight up Plunder, or The Lab - Pistol Only Plunder? I tried to play regular Plunder but it wasn't even worth my effort, we got steamrolled by a team with two people of the X prestige or whatever level. When I went to The Lab and we got in Pistol Only Plunder... I think I only lost one of those. Those suckers gave 200k / win w/ Deposit.[/QUOTE]I tried both and came to the same conclusion. Problem with pistols only is that the maps are not designed for such limited range, so once a person gets the treasure and nobody is close by, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. Granted, my teams were so bad that I saw us lose the treasure right at our chest and watch it go ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way back to theirs a couple times. I'd just always spawn so far away that there's fuck all I could do about it and by then they'd be traveling in a vanguard, so it was pointless running in and dying 5v1.

I also had the same problem of being stuck with a constant no booster/shotgun only DM, which is why I even tried just plunder but like you said: it's littered with people who play the game too much, so you just have to call no joy for gaining any decent cash. Overall, the event was a bust and ND has a lot to learn if I'm to ever bother with the MP in U3.

I only had one bad game all day which was a deathmatch against a premade of 4. While super annoying it was the only game that went bad. I had pistol plunders that were tons of fun and surprisingly enjoyed the shotgun deatchmates I had. Maybe it was the maps I got to play on.

when i did the lab i got stuck in alot of shotgun only games and a few with the desert 5 ( best lab ever desert 5) never saw a nd player once.

I saw a ND player called RickyTwice I think his name was. They use the clan tag [DOGS] and indeed have the red paw next to their name. Of course he was on my team and fucking sucked going like 10 and 20 in team DM. Pretty sad when you're bad at your own game lol.

I didnt run across a single ND player, either. Then again, I didn't see a single familiar name in any of my games. I did come across the same guy like 5-6 times in various games (non-consecutive) throughout the night, which was weird.

I honestly have a hard time believing that shotguns only is a Lab worthy mode as a fan favorite. Seriously. There's no aiming involved... just running/rolling around and firing. Why do people find that fun? However, I def. enjoyed the "No power weapons" mode.

well I just beat the game. had to redo the last little part like 8 times because the camera/controls were so awful. Very enjoyable game overall! I really enjoyed it.

The great thing about December is that is has a ton of holidays and if there’s anything we love at Naughty Dog, it’s holidays – because they give us reason to do cool things for our UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer community.
Hanukkah just started yesterday and will run through sundown on Thursday, December 9, this year. We were talking about running Double Cash during the full eight days, but one of our game designers did us one better. He suggested we run a progressive multiplier for each day of Hanukkah.
We’ve started observing the Hanukkah holiday on Wednesday, December 1, with 1x cash. At around 10:30 AM PST (what time is that in my city?) on Thursday, December 2, we will kick up the bonus to 2x. Each subsequent day the multiplier will go up by one at roughly the same time.
Day one is only 1x cash, but day two (Thursday, December 2) is 2x cash, day three (Friday, December 3) is 3x cash and so on, ending with a never before seen 8x cash on the last day of Hanukkah!
Our progressive cash multiplier event will end at around sundown – just before 5:00 PM PST (what time is that in my city?) on Thursday, December 9.

Thanks for that info Lokizz. Played some MP tonight and had fun as always. If any CAGs want to add me to play this send a FR to JDawgg77. Went from 32 to 37 in a few hours. A couple times it only took 2 deathmatches to level up. I think I'll try and play this every night of the event in an effort to get to 80 or at least take out a big chunk of it. I'll have to take a break around 10:30 EST Sunday night to watch The Walking Dead season finale (thirty after to skip commercials).

Event ended around 3am EST. I went from 32 to 46 or 47 by playing a few hours of DM a night most nights, but I skipped a couple. Played a few matches after it ended and holy crap, I'll never make it to 80 let alone just 50. Seems like it'll take around 50-70 matches to level up now. No thanks.

BTW, where did you get the info, just wondering so I can keep an eye out for more events.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Event ended around 3am EST. I went from 32 to 46 or 47 by playing a few hours of DM a night most nights, but I skipped a couple. Played a few matches after it ended and holy crap, I'll never make it to 80 let alone just 50. Seems like it'll take around 50-70 matches to level up now. No thanks.

BTW, where did you get the info, just wondering so I can keep an eye out for more events.[/QUOTE]

Naughty Dog has a Twitter account that they update with that information. They usually point it back to the Naughty Dog website, where I believe they release the information also.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Event ended around 3am EST. I went from 32 to 46 or 47 by playing a few hours of DM a night most nights, but I skipped a couple. Played a few matches after it ended and holy crap, I'll never make it to 80 let alone just 50. Seems like it'll take around 50-70 matches to level up now. No thanks.

BTW, where did you get the info, just wondering so I can keep an eye out for more events.[/QUOTE]

i get my info from here

http://www.naughtydog.com/

they always post when upcoming events are happening and there should be another one for christmas this last one they did they said they put it together kind of last minute. yeah i pretty much dont ever expect to get to level 70 or 80 even at 8x cash it still wasnt happening fast enough for me so i said fuck it. im up to like 63 or 64 and the skins you get for 70 and 80 arent that cool imo.

Thanks fellas, I'll have to keep tabs on it for future use.

Yeah, once I hit 40 it was a crawl even at 6x thru 8x. Forget about 1x. I'll still try to push it during multiplier events. Are there any modes that afford more cash quicker? I've really only played DM and grab the gold or whatever. Thing is I like the mp, but I've got a ton of games to play thru and I just throw it in every now and then for fun.

BTW, I saw two skins I hadn't seen before, first was either an asian or hispanic chic. Hard to tell since she was always running around shooting me. Other was a green skeleton. Where are those from? Also, are the map packs worth getting and if so which bundles have which? The descriptions don't make alot of sense to me.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks fellas, I'll have to keep tabs on it for future use.

Yeah, once I hit 40 it was a crawl even at 6x thru 8x. Forget about 1x. I'll still try to push it during multiplier events. Are there any modes that afford more cash quicker? I've really only played DM and grab the gold or whatever. Thing is I like the mp, but I've got a ton of games to play thru and I just throw it in every now and then for fun.

BTW, I saw two skins I hadn't seen before, first was either an asian or hispanic chic. Hard to tell since she was always running around shooting me. Other was a green skeleton. Where are those from? Also, are the map packs worth getting and if so which bundles have which? The descriptions don't make alot of sense to me.[/QUOTE]

i think the quickest way to level up is death match especially when you use the black boosters. you can use 2 at the same time and each one has a diff effect . heres a link to all the medals you can earn and their cash value.

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves_-_PS3/Medals

with the dark boosters you can earn from, 10,000 up to 25,000 for every 5 kills. most people once they unlock them use the combo of glass jaw (15,000 per 5 kills) and come get some ( 25,000 per 5 kills)
. so thats 40,000 per every 5 kills.

as far as the skins go theres been 2 diff skin packs i think maybe 3.

you get the asian chick and pinkerton when you but the eye of indra comic series pack.

the green skeleton comes in another pack with some other skins and there was a set of skins based on characters from other sony game franchises. if you want to see them just do a search for uncharted 2 character skins or check them out on the psn store. they should at least have the names of them listed.

While checking out UC3 stuff I noticed a tab on the right which states that Uncharted 2 DLC is 50% for a limited time. Clicked on it and found lower prices than I remember:

Siege Pack 2.99
UC1 Pack 2.99
Heroes Pack 2.49
Sidekicks Pack 1.49
Eye of Indra Bundle 2.49

I think that's the normal price on Eye of Indra. But $10 for the main packs seems cheaper than before and not too bad. I'm on the fence. If I get the DLC is there alot of people playing siege and the new maps or is everyone just playing the core maps? Haven't seen an end date on this so I guess we gotta decide quick.

it may take a few minutes to find a seige game but theres still some people who play it. and yes alot of people have the new maps as well.

[quote name='jdawgg76']While checking out UC3 stuff I noticed a tab on the right which states that Uncharted 2 DLC is 50% for a limited time. Clicked on it and found lower prices than I remember:

Siege Pack 2.99
UC1 Pack 2.99
Heroes Pack 2.49
Sidekicks Pack 1.49
Eye of Indra Bundle 2.49

I think that's the normal price on Eye of Indra. But $10 for the main packs seems cheaper than before and not too bad. I'm on the fence. If I get the DLC is there alot of people playing siege and the new maps or is everyone just playing the core maps? Haven't seen an end date on this so I guess we gotta decide quick.[/QUOTE]

I would personally suggest just getting UC1 + Siege pack. You don't really need the other skins.

What do you mean? I platted the game before the expansions. Do you get silent characters cheat for platting the expansions or something?

[quote name='jdawgg76']What do you mean? I platted the game before the expansions. Do you get silent characters cheat for platting the expansions or something?[/QUOTE]

the skeletons are silent.

[quote name='lokizz']the skeletons are silent.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='pram12']Just Plat the game and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

The skeletons are close to being silent. The jingle of their bones can be heard.

i recently picked this up again (my gameshare account had the dlc on it) but i only have it for a week. good to get back into it. playing in the afternoon with no dlc maps is like a n00b fest. i love it. got 25 kills in 1 deathmatch game.

[quote name='lokizz']i gave up leveling up a while ago i play for fun now. if anyone wants to team up and play add me.[/QUOTE]

yeah leveling up is useless, i stopped using negative perks. no use.

Has any one experienced people on your same team grenade-ing you in plunder to steal your capture? Its happened a bit to me. Bullshit I say. Everyone on the team gets 4000 pnts.

[quote name='Sk']Has any one experienced people on your same team grenade-ing you in plunder to steal your capture? Its happened a bit to me. Bullshit I say. Everyone on the team gets 4000 pnts.[/QUOTE]
One of the many many reasons I gave up on the multiplayer long ago.

That and high ranked players, who teamed together, who take the treasure to their base, leave it there, then proceed to just run around racking up kills. I ended up on one of those teams once. They started blowing me up because I would not go along with their plan and kept capturing the treasure

bread's done
Back