Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='SEH']I just played like an hour online and got dominated pretty hard. I'm only level five, so I don't really have any of the perks, which I think has a little to do with it, but still, the best I could do was 7-11.

Some of hit detection seems a bit off at times, for instance, I'll run right up behind someone with the shotgun, have it pointed directly at their torso, fire away, and it somehow misses. That coupled with the fact that it seems like you really have to lay into your opponent to kill them, it can make for some really frustrating moments.[/QUOTE]

try aiming at their heads it should cut down how long it takes to kill someone. detection can be off at times ( like tossing grenades at people on steps) but its alot beter than it was. same for hitting people with weapons i still hit moments where i try to hit someone and i miss even when im right on them but theres times where im a good distance away from someone and they hit me with a weapon and kill me at a distance.

shotguns are sick in this game though if youre right on someone you should be able to kill them with one hit but the new grenade launcher is the best imo. you only get so many rounds but its a killer.
not too fond of the temple level though.

I am HOOKED on this multiplayer, and then I just got the PS3 Shadow Wireless Controller with Rumble, it works like a dream, has almost exact layout out of the 360 controller. My biggest grip on the PS3 always was the controller itself (exact reason why I never played it hardly, because I prefer the 360 anyday) so I will be playing PS3 ALOT more now.

here is the controller Im talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Wirele..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253658134&sr=8-2

Pros
-Enhanced Triggers
-Rubberized Grip
-Thumbstick swaped with directional pad for added Precision in FPS
-Internal Battery, charges via PS3 like Six axis/DualShock 3
-Very comfortable for long hours of gaming
-Excellent build quality, great reviews, added weight for sturdy feel.
-Dual Rumble motors

Cons
-Hooks up via USB port Dongle (no bluetooth, uses 2.4 MHZ Wireless technology)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the games are small so I'm assuming not but is there any word on a clan feature? It would be pretty cool to have CAG clans.

The multiplayer is fine to me, though I'd say the co-op is the new feature that should get the headlines. It's a lot of fun shooting enemies, especially those Terminator-like mini-bosses that pop up in the demo. I just wish upgrades for co-op weapons weren't so expensive, since it's about three times the amount of money for the first upgrades on two pistol types I got for my first time through the co-op level.

@ people who played Resistance 2 co-op.

Is their any similarity between the 2's co-op? The reason I'm asking that is because Insomniac Games and Naughty Nog are really close, so I'm wondering if naughty dog borrowed anything from insomniac for uncharted's co-op?

[quote name='Poor2More']I just got the PS3 Shadow Wireless Controller with Rumble[/quote]

Oh, man, that controller looks good. I've been looking for a decent, 360-like controller for the PS3. I tried those Nyko Zero Wireless ones when they were like $5 at Amazon. Well, you know, you get what you pay for. Not absolutely horrible, but I've gone back to the DS3. I might have to look into the Shadow.

[quote name='blader16']@ people who played Resistance 2 co-op.

Is their any similarity between the 2's co-op? The reason I'm asking that is because Insomniac Games and Naughty Nog are really close, so I'm wondering if naughty dog borrowed anything from insomniac for uncharted's co-op?[/QUOTE]
If you're refering to the MMO aspect, then no. It's more like Left 4 Dead's co-op with a need to work together to get to the next area and take down bosses.

Apparently, the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight launch event for Uncharted 2.

I hate giving them my money but I'm seriously considering it. The UPS guy usually doesn't get here until around 3pm, so I'd get to play it about 15 hours earlier.

...or is that just retarded?

[quote name='bmachine']Apparently, the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight launch event for Uncharted 2.

I hate giving them my money but I'm seriously considering it. The UPS guy usually doesn't get here until around 3pm, so I'd get to play it about 15 hours earlier.

...or is that just retarded?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 is orgasmic, so nothing will seem too far fetch when it comes to obtaining this gem, Yes midnight is the way to go for sure

[quote name='bmachine']Apparently, the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight launch event for Uncharted 2.

you could always just buy it at midnight from hitler's asshole, then just take your UPS 3pm game back when it arrives.

Well you could always
order it from Amazon AND buy it at midnight from GS. Then once the Amazon copy comes, return it to GS.

[quote name='bmachine']That all sounds wicked shady. Not sure if I'm OK with it.

Thanks for the tips, though.[/QUOTE]
i don't see anything wrong with it. You're giving GS the same exact game in the plastic. they'll only be one down in inventory for less than 24 hours.

[quote name='erectiontown']i don't see anything wrong with it. You're giving GS the same exact game in the plastic. they'll only be one down in inventory for less than 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. ;)

Is the co-op aspect of the game as far as story goes the same as the single player, or is there a separate story for co-op?

[quote name='Trakan']Is the co-op aspect of the game as far as story goes the same as the single player, or is there a separate story for co-op?[/QUOTE]

The co-op isnt the same as the single player story. I believe its like side missions that still relate to the story in some way.

Well I just got a coupon in the mail today from TRU for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more; combine that with my $16.16 giftcard and I think I know where I'm buying the game :D

I really hope they are going to do one of their "buy this game and get a $XX giftcard" deals for Uncharted 2; they've been on a roll with those recently.

[quote name='Poor2More']Uncharted 2 is orgasmic, so nothing will seem too far fetch when it comes to obtaining this gem, Yes midnight is the way to go for sure[/QUOTE]

You're right, this is the first game I ever ordered 2 of. I had Amazon pre-order already, but then I needed to play the demo after all the word of mouth, so I ordered one from GS. I'm planning on giving one as a gift (planning on keeping the pre-order bonuses though)

Glad I did, wouldn't have been able to take the wait without the demo these last few weeks.

[quote name='luan87us']So the public demo will be out on September 27th?[/QUOTE]
Sept 29th. Would be cool if someone added it to the thread title. ;)

[quote name='luan87us']So the public demo will be out on September 27th?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darknyss']Sept 29th. Would be cool if someone added it to the thread title. ;)[/QUOTE]Isn't the demo out now for GS preorderers? I preordered it Tuesday, but haven't gotten an email like they have done with other games.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Isn't the demo out now for GS preorderers? I preordered it Tuesday, but haven't gotten an email like they have done with other games.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed out already for GS pre-orders. If you PO'd online and havent received an email with your code yet, go to the GS website, click on order history, then click on the Uncharted 2 link. At the bottom of the invoice should be your code.

Thanks, but I preordered in store. Isn't there also an exclusive perk or something? Not as concerned about gaining access to the demo early since the public's almost here, but it would be nice to play tonite and definitely don't want to miss out on the other bonus either.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks, but I preordered in store. Isn't there also an exclusive perk or something? Not as concerned about gaining access to the demo early since the public's almost here, but it would be nice to play tonite and definitely don't want to miss out on the other bonus either.[/QUOTE]

If you PO'd in store, they should've given you a card with the code for the early demo on it. As for your other question, yes, there is an exclusive perk, it's the revenge attribute booster. However, I'm not sure when those codes are supposed to go out. I personally have yet to receive my code for that.

Thanks again! Didn't get the card and I don't know if it's worth the trouble to go back as I'm pretty busy the next few days. I'll make damn sure to get the perk though. I was expecting the demo code to be emailed like with COD WAW.

Is this what you're talking about?
uncharetd-2-box-art.jpg

If so, I like it.

I kind of wish they would just get rid of the Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 in the plastic of the case and allow the new top of the boxart to replace that (which would give us a bit more room for the actual boxart image).

[quote name='Invin']I'm not really liking it. I actually prefer the Spiderman font.[/QUOTE]
Me too as well. I wish they hadn't changed it.

[quote name='Trakan']New box art looks much better, but the red on the spine has to go.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was looking at my games on the shelf yesterday and thinking this same thing. Why red? It doesn't fit with the console at all. If it has to be a color, make it blue. It'd be best though with one of these combos:

Silver background W/colored PS logo
Silver background W/black PS logo
Black background W/colored PS logo
Black background W/silver PS logo

It's definitely nit picking, but I honestly think that the red background with black PS logo is the worst thing about all the covers. They should've changed that before rearranging the front.

[quote name='Nixtwix']Looking forward to the demo, but I hope the game is less frustrating then Uncharted 1..[/QUOTE]

?????? What was frustrating about Uncharted?

[quote name='whoknows']At this point I'd rather they just keep the red. It would look weird if some games had it and some didn't.[/QUOTE]
Strange because othe pics of the new boxart layout for other games don't show the red on the spine.

I do hope they keep it. Makes the games look uniform on the shelf.

[quote name='Darknyss']So who wants to get some CAG games going tonight? Looks like you can have a party of 10 and create custom games. Lets Do EEET![/QUOTE]

im in. just like the good ole r2 days, eh?

just let me bring my level 50 character.... joking. ha.

A CAG night sounds fun, also that means more ppl for co-op play! Finally!!!

Nobody plays co-op much...pretty desperate here :cry:

bread's done
Back