Uncharted 2 for $32.xx at Sam's Club YMMV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBobX

CAG Veteran
Hey all, just stopped in to my local Sam's Club (Fort Myers, FL) to pick up some stuff and noticed they had Uncharted 2 for $32 and change. This is probably YMMV since it's $55 and change on samsclub.com.

I took a pic but my phone resolution is so shitty you can't really make out the price.

Photo_101309_001.jpg

Edit: I'd have picked up a copy but I had just bought it with the buy 2, get 1 free sale across the street at TRU.

Edit 2: You know I really debated even posting this here considering the quality of the pic and the YMMV but figured maybe my Sam's wasn't the only one or maybe someone local to me might benefit from it; instead it gets called as BS. So what if I didn't want to buy them up and flip them? Or pull a swap scam at Wal-Mart? It's not worth my time to do that. Man, I guess I'll go with my instinct and not bother posting next time.

Edit 3: I don't know why I even did this ..to clear my name I guess.. I went back to the store and bought two copies for trades or something, who knows, and I took some pics of the games and the receipt. It's gotta be a price mistake since it rang up as NDS GAME so sorry for wasting everyone's time. Anyone reading this from Fort Myers should head over and pick this up there's still 3 copies left.

DSC05484.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BillyBobX']Hey all, just stopped in to my local Sam's Club (Fort Myers, FL) to pick up some stuff and noticed they had Uncharted 2 for $32 and change. This is probably YMMV since it's $55 and change on samsclub.com.

I took a pic but my phone resolution is so shitty you can't really make out the price.

[/QUOTE]

This would be FTW!! dammit, not easy to stop at a Sam's for me...

[quote name='Jodou']Blurred image showing stores still having this amazing game still in stock? Definitely shopped. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Supposedly over 300k pre-orders for Uncharted 2, not too shabby. Same person also said 2.2 million pre-orders for MW2 (both consoles). Im hoping U2 does great sales wise, it deserves it.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Will definitely check this out.

BTW can you get a guess pass at Sam's Club?[/QUOTE]

You can get a day pass, and they charge you 10% extra (i think)

I went to my local Sam's and they did not have it either, apparently. Or sold out of it. An employee who didn't really know said if there weren't any cards out, they don't have it.

Just called my friend whos at work at Sams right now. She had 5 copies but told me they were $55.06. This was in Lansing MI

[quote name='RyBo13']Just called my friend whos at work at Sams right now. She had 5 copies but told me they were $55.06. This was in Lansing MI[/QUOTE]

That's the Sam's I shop at too, so thanks for saving me a trip.

Probably a YMWV, they may have accidently shoved it there not realizing it to retail for 59.99. I've seen new games at the wrong price because the workers didn't really care about games and when you scan them it's for some other game at that price.

Just got back from Sam's Club in Morgantown, WV. They had 3 copies on display for $55.06

If it was $32 at a Sam's, it was probably a mistake. Op should have bought it!

[quote name='BillyBobX']Hey all, just stopped in to my local Sam's Club (Fort Myers, FL) to pick up some stuff and noticed they had Uncharted 2 for $32 and change. This is probably YMMV since it's $55 and change on samsclub.com.

Photo_101309_001.jpg

Edit: I'd have picked up a copy but I had just bought it with the buy 2, get 1 free sale across the street at TRU.[/QUOTE]

100% BS.

$32 x 3 = $96 + 6% sales tax = $101.76

Toys R Us deal = $59.99 x 2 = $119.98 = 6% sales tax = 127.18

$25.42 difference.

You would buy 3 Uncharted 2 & sell the other two & still make a profit or exchange them at walmart for any game & still cost less.

So unless you don't use ebay, scared to swap at walmart I hardly doubt this deal is true.

I don't get it. It has nothing to do with having a shitty camera. If this was true, why not just focus the shot on the Uncharted 2 case showing the price instead of taking a wide shot including the other games no one cares about.

[quote name='Kaydee09']I don't get it. It has nothing to do with having a shitty camera. If this was true, why not just focus the shot on the Uncharted 2 case showing the price instead of taking a wide shot including the other games no one cares about.[/QUOTE]

And we have a winner...

I've seen this kind of thing happen before. I saw Tiger 10 for like $27.xx within weeks of its release. I don't know if it was that cheap on release day though.

I find it weird they don't even put there games in security cases, my Sam's has every game in security cases no matter the price.

My local Sams Club has some games out of cases, the rest are cardboard pictures you take to the service desk to get a game. I believe the price is legit but only at that store. Just like how Chinatown Wars DS was $15.81 at one store and $32.xx at another store.

[quote name='tears2040']100% BS.

$25.42 difference.

You would buy 3 Uncharted 2 & sell the other two & still make a profit or exchange them at walmart for any game & still cost less.

So unless you don't use ebay, scared to swap at walmart I hardly doubt this deal is true.[/QUOTE]

Relax. Not everyone would buy it from Sams for $32.xx then go back over to TRU to try to exchange the one they got there for something else (I would, but not everyone - some would see it as too much of a hassle, some might have only enough money for the b2g1, and not b2g1 + $32.xx), and certainly not everyone would buy 3 from Sam's to resell for a profit or to commit return fraud. Most likely the game was mis-stickered, but give the guy a break, why would he try to trick us?

[quote name='guessed']Most likely the game was mis-stickered, but give the guy a break, why would he try to trick us?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was trying to throw everybody off, and truck over to TRU while we all headed to Sam's.:)
My store didn't even have it out yet...

[quote name='haize']Just got back from Sam's Club in Morgantown, WV. They had 3 copies on display for $55.06

If it was $32 at a Sam's, it was probably a mistake. Op should have bought it![/QUOTE]

Haha I was just about to call the same Sams Club

[quote name='tears2040']100% BS.

$25.42 difference.

So unless you don't use ebay, scared to swap at walmart I hardly doubt this deal is true.[/QUOTE]

You can't do the whole walmart thing it won't work on games unless you have a reciept if they do that anymore said employee will immediately be fired.

^^ LOL

more power to you man! glad you proved these people wrong! wish I could go buy one, I'd definitely get it for that price even though I probably wouldn't make it past the first chapter (b/c I couldn't in the first :lol: )

[quote name='BillyBobX']Updated original post with proof. [/QUOTE]

Nice find BillyBobX! :applause:
Now the logical next question is, how much would it take for you to part with one of those now that you have a few?

Ok, well let me show you how it would work ebayed then.

Lets say each copy sells for $56.00 each. , that's about $9.00 in ebay fees and $4.00 in pay pal fees which is a total of $13.00 Games packaged and shipped would cost you about $4.00 each so add on another $8.00 for a total of $21.00

So $32 x 3 = $96.00 + tax = $101.76.

You sell both of your games on Ebay 1 day auction for $112 - $21 fees = $91.00

So you originally paid $101.76 for 3 games, sold 2 for $91 and total out of pocket now would be $10.76.

This is exactly what I would do.....

-------------------------------------------

I seen the OP updated now with proof, it would have not made any sense for him not to have bought from Sams for the Toys R Us deal when the Sams was better which is why I doubted him. Glad to know that he used sense & realized that the Sams deal was a HELL of a deal!

I'm done here

[quote name='Caddywompus21']So Sam just mislabeled the game as a NDS title? I wish my Sam was that careless[/QUOTE]

true...but why would the cashier scan the price-bar-code and not the UPC on the back? I figure that is SOP for pretty much everywhere...unless you know, Sam's is different...if the OP forced bar-code scan over UPC, then more props!

Looks mislabeled as a Nintendo DS game. Anyone know if they sticker at their DC (warehouses) or if they sticker in store?

Very nice YMMV deal, and no matter what you should always post a deal you think could benefit at least one person. There is always going to be your fare share of people who "call BS" on every single thing you or anyone else says.

Thanks!

Very nice find. I am envious as I hear great things bout it, will be a long time for me to play it before it really drops to that price. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back