Uncharted 2 for $32.xx at Sam's Club YMMV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Damn, wish I could get this game for this price.[/QUOTE]

Wait about a year and you will be able to.

I offer a shiny nickel for one of those copies. I haven't even finished the original game as of yet(sold off my copy I had too), so I need to do that before getting the sequel, which I'll get once it hits $30 or below.

damn, i can't believe you went back to Sam's Club and bought those games just to satisfy a bunch of miserable a-- crybabies.

good job

A reminder folks, any and all talk of Return Fraud on these boards is a violation of our TOS and posts will be deleted. Continued discussions are not permitted.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']HAHAHA! I'm just glad the OP shut all the asshats up.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're a moron... let's analyze this thread:

1. OP claims (yes, YMMV... whatever) that you can get UC2 for $32~ at Sam's Club.
2. People call bullshit.
3. Some people want to believe.
4. OP updates with a picture clearly identifying the transaction as being a result of employee error and ineptitude.
5. Somehow this thread is then justified in a (very) few people's eyes.

Face it, if he would have come out from the beginning with his story of how UC2 was mispriced as a NDS game, no one would have cared... except for idiots hoping that employee stupidity and carelessness is somehow spreading via nametags (hint: it's not, and no one else will get this deal, save for maybe someone who might have access to that specific Sam's Club store.)

I like how I'm not the only one who said basically the same thing, including the poster right before me, but you single me out. I get it, zen. What's really funny, though, is that you felt a need to defend the threadcrapping. But hey, if the shoe fits. Maybe if people like you didn't feel a need to get in a witty comment everytime someone posts a deal you don't like, the boards would be a little more civil. But hey, that wouldn't be as much fun for you, right?

[quote name='zenintrude']Wow, you're a moron... let's analyze this thread:

1. OP claims (yes, YMMV... whatever) that you can get UC2 for $32~ at Sam's Club.
2. People call bullshit.
4. OP updates with a picture clearly identifying the transaction as being a result of employee error and ineptitude.

Face it, if he would have come out from the beginning with his story of how UC2 was mispriced as a NDS game, no one would have cared... except for idiots hoping that employee stupidity and carelessness is somehow spreading via nametags (hint: it's not, and no one else will get this deal, save for maybe someone who might have access to that specific Sam's Club store.)[/QUOTE]

What is the matter with you? Did the OP say anywhere in his original thread "all of you can get Uncharted 2 for $32"?? All he said was at his local Sam's Club, that it was YMMV and then people started calling him a liar and that he photoshopped the image. Photoshopped an image in which the price is not even shown !!

You sir are the reason people don't post every deal they see. Why would you, simply to get a bunch of grief from jobless jackasses. :roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='zenintrude']Wow, you're a moron... let's analyze this thread:

2. People call bullshit.

Face it, if he would have come out from the beginning with his story of how UC2 was mispriced as a NDS game, no one would have cared... except for idiots hoping that employee stupidity and carelessness is somehow spreading via nametags (hint: it's not, and no one else will get this deal, save for maybe someone who might have access to that specific Sam's Club store.)[/QUOTE]

Please continue in your quest to deter others from posting potential deals for fear of ridicule. I find the hypocrisy hilarious.

[quote name='soonerdoc']What is the matter with you? Did the OP say anywhere in his original thread "all of you can get Uncharted 2 for $32"?? All he said was at his local Sam's Club, that it was YMMV and then people started calling him a liar and that he photoshopped the image. Photoshopped an image in which the price is not even shown !!

You sir are the reason people don't post every deal they see. Why would you, simply to get a bunch of grief from jobless jackasses. :roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Magus8472']Please continue in your quest to deter others from posting potential deals for fear of ridicule. I find the hypocrisy hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Let me give you an example...

Lets imagine I found a copy of Brutal Legend at Kmart, and then imagine that some employee, overworked and ill-informed, accidentally labeled the game as being $19.99 on clearance. Then lets imagine that another employee, similarly ill-informed and apathetic, rings up the game, scanning the mislabeled "clearance" sticker instead of the actual UPC on the box, and sells it to me for $19.99. Additionally, lets imagine that when I get home and look at the receipt, I notice that the item that was supposed to be Brutal Legend actually rang up as "Barbie Horse Adventure".

Now, would I create a thread in the "Deals" section telling people that they might find this same deal up near them? Hells no I would not, because it is clearly an instance of employee error coupled with employee apathy and/or inexperience. The only place this thread might be relevant would be in the Bragging Rights forum.

And if you can't see the point of that and the similarity to this thread, I stand by my statement that you are probably an idiot who is on their way to oblivion.

Seems like a mistake. If you look at the receipt it says NDS game. I don't know why people have to get upset. It's not like he's making it up.

[quote name='Reikon']Seems like a mistake. If you look at the receipt it says NDS game. I don't know why people have to get upset. It's not like he's making it up.[/QUOTE]

Not upset at him, per se... more that he misled people to begin with when, as you pointed out, it was clearly a labeling error. The chances that anyone else will have the slightest chance of getting this same "deal" is neigh on inconceivable.

[quote name='kenn']Man, the douchebags always line up. On every deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='postaboy']Props to the OP for shutting them up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soonerdoc']What is the matter with you? Did the OP say anywhere in his original thread "all of you can get Uncharted 2 for $32"?? All he said was at his local Sam's Club, that it was YMMV and then people started calling him a liar and that he photoshopped the image. Photoshopped an image in which the price is not even shown !!

You sir are the reason people don't post every deal they see. Why would you, simply to get a bunch of grief from jobless jackasses. :roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Magus8472']Please continue in your quest to deter others from posting potential deals for fear of ridicule. I find the hypocrisy hilarious.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='zenintrude']Now, would I create a thread in the "Deals" section telling people that they might find this same deal up near them? Hells no I would not, because it is clearly an instance of employee error coupled with employee apathy and/or inexperience. The only place this thread might be relevant would be in the Bragging Rights forum.[/QUOTE]

The pricing error isn't anywhere near as obvious from the original photo as you make it out to be, nor is it inevitable that every deal like this will be so limited in scope. I don't see why people should be hesitant to post a deal based only on the fact that they saw something stickered an a lower-than-average price, even if that price is so low as to suggest it might be a mistake. Furthermore, even if it is a mistake, and even if that mistake is a terribly obvious one, on what basis do you assume such mistakes will always be limited to a few or even just one of the vendor's locations? And even if they are, isn't that what YMMV is for in the first place?

You act like the OP was up there misrepresenting facts to pull a big joke on everyone from the get-go. He was just trying to be helpful, and really didn't deserve the shit parade he was exposed to. FFS, he even cared enough to go back to the store to follow up and it was only for that reason that we found out this was an isolated mistake. Obviously the appropriate response is to mock him for giving us additional information.

Gonna go check the one in Honolulu, hopefully they have it for that price. That is a steal especially since it JUST came out.

Eeeeee, just saw the receipt, you, OP are one lucky son of a gun.

I went into my local Sam's and asked for Uncharted 2 for DS and they laughed me out of the building.

WTF?!?

At least I was able to calm down with a delicious slice off pepperoni pizza.

The receipt shows the description as a Nintendo DS game not the PS3 version. As someone who works for Sam's, this is a mistag by whomever put them out. Their inventory will be hosed when they do it.

hahaha wow, you gotta love all of the "you showed all the haters!" type posts. To me it looks like there wasn't as much questioning of the actual deal as there was confusion about why the picture wasn't just taken from a closer angle. He would've been better off not posting the pic at all since you can't even see the price

But yeah, all of a sudden everybody who was simply wondering why the camera shot was so unnecessarily bad are a-holes :roll:

This is why I mostly lurk and reply to some stuff I find interesting. The only incentive people have to post deals in a forum like this is to help the community. Why would anyone want to help a community that can be this nasty? Saying the guy made the whole thing up...calling him a liar...is completely uncalled for, especially seeing as he has been member for a long time. You could at least understand it if he was new and had no posts.

This is enough. Going to move to bragging rights and close it down. Everything has been said, store made a huge error and the OP got a deal.

Personally, I would recommend bringing one of the games up to Customer Service, and inform them that the game is stickered incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back