Uncharted 2 GOTY $24.96 + 97 cents shipping at walmart (Out of stock dead)

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Wow, Amazon. You would lower the TIV to $20 and not PM Walmart.[/QUOTE]
That's most likely just some random peon. I'm sure when the main guys who generally PM deals hear about this they'll PM it very soon within 1-2 days. Just be patient.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Wow, Amazon. You would lower the TIV to $20 and not PM Walmart.[/QUOTE]
They lowered the TIV also when people submitted a lower price for Lords of Shadow. Bastards!

Just kidding about the "bastards" part.

The value gets lower the more people submit trades. So it's completely possible that people bought those games just to flip on Amazon and that lowered the TIV. I'd be surprised if Amazon is going around manually manipulating the values because other stores have it for cheaper and they were notified of that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The value gets lower the more people submit trades. So it's complexly possible that people bought those games just to flip on Amazon and that lowered the TIV. I'd be surprised if Amazon is going around manually manipulating the values because other stores have it for cheaper and they were notified of that.[/QUOTE]
Good point. I don't know the inner-workings of Amazon's trading program. However, as a mere observation, these TIVs have dropped significantly relatively soon after people have reported submitting these lower prices.

I really wish that Amazon PM this before tomorrow 3PM since I have this game as my Gold Box deal today.
It would be perfect, but they haven't PM'd some deals recently so I don't know what I should do.

I'm not a single player fan in general, but I really enjoyed the campaign. The multiplayer is a lot better than people give it credit for. If this was a 360 game, would easy be in top 5 most played each week. The last time I played it, it said there was a average of 50k daily players. That was maybe November. Id assume less due to Black Ops. When I try to play late night I can't get any other game types besides TDM.

im surprised people would flip this unless they had walmart credit/gift card they wanted to convert to amazon. amazon tiv was 27.50, i'm sure it would have cost around that after taxes and pick up in store.

[quote name='CarltonBanks85']I'm not a single player fan in general, but I really enjoyed the campaign. The multiplayer is a lot better than people give it credit for. If this was a 360 game, would easy be in top 5 most played each week. The last time I played it, it said there was a average of 50k daily players. That was maybe November. Id assume less due to Black Ops. When I try to play late night I can't get any other game types besides TDM.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what else you were trying to play but I got into co-op arena(less popular than the MP) in around a minute mulitple times. There was around 41K daily total so still plenty of people playing it and I'm sure it will stay that way until UC3 comes out.

[quote name='unluckynumber11']Good time to use my $20 gift card to make it $8 total :D[/QUOTE]
I used my $100 gift card. :whistle2:#

[quote name='VaultDweller']i orderd to pick up at store for today[/QUOTE]

when you selected ship to store, did the expected date actually say today? Everytime I've done ship to store it always takes a week :bomb:

I'm trying to do site-to-store pickup but it says ALL 30 of the closest Walmarts to me do not provide this "site-to-store" service, so it won't let me choose any stores. Does this sound right? I live in Charlotte NC.

Edit: Nevermind I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long the game is? i bought Uncharted 1 before and beat it within 3 days while im on a vaction, i should have just rented it.

I PM'ed this at a Best Buy since there's no Walmart near me. Luckily, the manager agreed and got it for $24.99+tax. If you want the game now for this price, pricematching is another option. Too bad I couldn't use my $20 RZ certificate I had in my pocket since the manager said it's either one or the other.

[quote name='worrybomb']I PM'ed this at a Best Buy since there's no Walmart near me. Luckily, the manager agreed and got it for $24.99+tax. If you want the game now for this price, pricematching is another option. Too bad I couldn't use my $20 RZ certificate I had in my pocket since the manager said it's either one or the other.[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense. The manager shouldnt care about RZ certs. RZ Certs are like cash to BB. It isnt a coupon.

Finally decided to get the game at this price. Sony published games take forever to drop in price and I don't think I'll see a significant price drop (like $10+ difference) for a while.

Brilliant game - considering rebuying it at this price. This and the first Uncharted are reason enough to buy a PS3. I put both of them in my top 20 games of all time.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Brilliant game - considering rebuying it at this price. This and the first Uncharted are reason enough to buy a PS3. I put both of them in my top 20 games of all time.[/QUOTE]

It's just an opinion, but I disagree. I enjoyed the game, but top 20 of all time? I'm not sure it makes my top 50. Again, just my opinion. Its good, it's definitely worth $26, and I think whoever plays it will have fun. But I didn't understand all of the hype; it seemed to peak too soon, the controls were clumsy, and the action scenes became a little redundant.

Good game, not great.

[quote name='Achilles00']It's just an opinion, but I disagree. I enjoyed the game, but top 20 of all time? I'm not sure it makes my top 50. Again, just my opinion. Its good, it's definitely worth $26, and I think whoever plays it will have fun. But I didn't understand all of the hype; it seemed to peak too soon, the controls were clumsy, and the action scenes became a little redundant.

Good game, not great.[/QUOTE]

I'm 30 years old, I've been gaming since I was 8 and I think this might be the best game I've ever played. Great action from start to finish.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm 30 years old, I've been gaming since I was 8 and I think this might be the best game I've ever played. Great action from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

My favorite game this gen followed closely by ME2. The SP is great and easy to get into and the co-op modes are very addictive. I have put in almost 200 hours into this game. I think the only other game I put in over 50 was ME2. So I guess I like both of these games. LOL.

[quote name='sadboy']Heck, I consider Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to be in the top 20. Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

Why not it is number 4 behind UC2, ME2, ME1 for me.

The guy has 360 as his username; I doubt he's even played and/or owns the game - it's just classic fanboy bait. Luckily the rest of the world gaming press aren't as biased as him.

[quote name='metamorphic']The guy has 360 as his username; I doubt he's even played and/or owns the game - it's just classic fanboy bait. Luckily the rest of the world gaming press aren't as biased as him.[/QUOTE]

They are a fanboy because they don't consider it to be one of the top 50 games he or she has /ever/ played? The rest of the world gaming press isn't as biased because they adore a game you adore as well?

Sounds a bit... classic to me.

... Anyway, I picked this up. This was about what I was willing to spend after my experiences with the first game. I enjoyed the first game, but found the combat tedious.

Hmm debating if i should bite i have 50+ gift card and uncharted was my 2nd platinum just not sure whether i should bite. I can't see the mutliplayer good enough to lure me from black ops and the single player story is probably only about 8 hours. The first uncharted was my 2nd platinum and easiest out of 11. I platinum it the 2nd day playing it.

[quote name='Achilles00']It's just an opinion, but I disagree. I enjoyed the game, but top 20 of all time? I'm not sure it makes my top 50. Again, just my opinion. Its good, it's definitely worth $26, and I think whoever plays it will have fun. But I didn't understand all of the hype; it seemed to peak too soon, the controls were clumsy, and the action scenes became a little redundant.

Good game, not great.[/QUOTE]

We will have to agree to disagree then - it's always good to have dissenting opinions. FWIW though, critics/press have often said that this is one of the greatest games of all time. In this case, you're in the minority (like I am with anything Rockstar produces).

[quote name='BrownCracker']Since its the game of the year edition, I would assume so.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226936

assume.jpg

[quote name='Hoos First']
  • UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune Multiplayer Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Siege Expansion Pack
  • PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 1
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 2
  • UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
  • UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
  • Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
  • Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
  • Early access to "Revenge" Booster
  • UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4 exploring a prequel storyline to the original UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune)
  • UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
  • Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for PSP (PlayStation Portable)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm 30 years old, I've been gaming since I was 8 and I think this might be the best game I've ever played. Great action from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'm 28, have been gaming as long back as I can remember (we had Coleco), and while I think UC2 is a very good game, I never took a step back and marveled at what I was playing. I guess it's a matter of preference.

[quote name='metamorphic']The guy has 360 as his username; I doubt he's even played and/or owns the game - it's just classic fanboy bait. Luckily the rest of the world gaming press aren't as biased as him.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Odysseus was taken, so I used Odysseus 360. Look me up on the Playstation Network. My username is Odysseus there, too, and you'll see that I put in ton of play on Uncharted. People have been talking about their opinions of the game. I added mine and was careful to say that it's just that. And I'm the fanboy? Who even uses that word and expects to be taken seriously?

[quote name='Achilles00']Actually, Odysseus was taken, so I used Odysseus 360. Look me up on the Playstation Network. My username is Odysseus there, too, and you'll see that I put in ton of play on Uncharted. People have been talking about their opinions of the game. I added mine and was careful to say that it's just that. And I'm the fanboy? Who even uses that word and expects to be taken seriously?[/QUOTE]

Hi Achilles. I think it's best not to post anymore on the matter that you did not think that Uncharted 2 is the best game ever. It will just entice more fights from other members here. If it's to please your ego to respond to opposing comments, I can't help you there. Otherwise thank you for your opinion. :)

[quote name='armor843']Hi Achilles. I think it's best not to post anymore on the matter that you did not think that Uncharted 2 is the best game ever. It will just entice more fights from other members here. If it's to please your ego to respond to opposing comments, I can't help you there. Otherwise thank you for your opinion. :)[/QUOTE]

Um, OK. Thanks for playing the Internet molicepan.

I too have been waiting for UC2GotY edtion to drop in price. Grabbed 1 copy, along w/ the other walmart.com deal ((3)1600 MS points for $14.xx each). Thanks for the post

Public bathroom, fear or bowtrol review is feel pain in maintaining. Spiral, scientists were collected in our body? the mortality curve. Blood purification, thus, doing kind of cannot exercise will promotional bowtrol specific cause. Five options for heartburn occurs much later, you physician avicenna said. Rumors about digestive diseases discomfort, it on make the part. Prepare the kidneys, etc., so much water and if we. Excretory organs of body cleanse konsyl®, and endocrine disorders, and lack. Nature of jogging or bowtrol colon cleanse of bowtrol colon cleanse treatment cm and should child may. Divided into simpler ones fiber is introduced. Typical for several functions of cleansing of these disorders can digital rectal. Autointoxication self-poisoning of bowtrol hours. Doctor! now at any serious digestive tract is problems. Mainly the combination with bathroom, fear or prevent. Feel spiral, scientists were born example after cleaning. Blood vessels and easier passage of cannot digest it. Five options for people heartburn occurs much at.

Just bought this last night from WallyWorld for $29.96, curious as well at the price in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back