Uncharted 2 GOTY announced. Coming October 12. MSRP $50

jacobeid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123604p1.html

Just saw this on IGN and figured a lot of people would like to hear about this. They are including a lot of stuff and I'm happy that it's retailing for $50 instead of $60.

Thoughts?

When Sony announced it I thought I'd might do my first double-dip for a game... then I read the extras. It's just a bunch of multiplayer stuff (don't play), the motion comic (interested, but I can live without), and all the PSN avatars (only really interested in one of those... which is 49 cents). So yeah, no reason to get this I think unless you're some multiplayer fanatic, in which case you probably already bought a bit of the multiplayer stuff. Even those who haven't got the game yet are better off with the first edition cause it's cheaper, but if you think you'll be multiplaying it a lot...

I'm glad it's not anything special tho, I'm broke. Hahaha.

Love the cover art (aside from the $35 savings sticker)

5030176659_6d3334c2a2.jpg

I really didn't care for the multi-player either, but then again I've always been more of a single-player kind of guy. I borrowed it from my brother and got my plat, but don't really feel the need to own it.

Sorry I cant post links. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for posting it right under me.

I like the cover art as well. I still love the original cover art though.

I probably won't use most of the things in this edition sadly, but I'm still tempted to get it. I wish it came with an art book, some sort of journal, a soundtrack, or something neat like that. I'd probably enjoy the motion comics and the PSP game the most.

Yeah, this is why, among other reasons, I'm against buying any DLC since they always come out with a physical copy later. I'll just wait until I can get it for real cheap like I did RE5 Gold, but I doubt I'll use any of the extras. Wish this were the cover art they used on the original TBH.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, this is why, among other reasons, I'm against buying any DLC since they always come out with a physical copy later. I'll just wait until I can get it for real cheap like I did RE5 Gold, but I doubt I'll use any of the extras. Wish this were the cover art they used on the original TBH.[/QUOTE]

They're not physically on the disc. It comes with a download voucher to download all the DLC from PSN. Also, yeah. When I saw this artwork last year with all the other Uncharted 2 art pieces I thought it'd be the perfect boxart.

ive been holding off on a few games this year to pick up the goty editions down the line. this is one of them. along with borderlands and probably bioshock 2 if that gets one

Hmm, looks like I just found what I am spending my 2 $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Certificates on.

$35 worth of Extra DLC? thats very cool.

Since I never purchased it for the PS3.

If you wait to long it will be useless to have because nobody will be playing the multiplayer. From what i hear there is a soso crowd now but i think when MOH and Black ops hit this will dwindle to about nothing.

[quote name='Buuhan1']They're not physically on the disc. It comes with a download voucher to download all the DLC from PSN.[/QUOTE]
Gay. If they're going to charge $50 then they can be bothered to put them on a physical disc FFS.[quote name='nddave']If you wait to long it will be useless to have because nobody will be playing the multiplayer. From what i hear there is a soso crowd now but i think when MOH and Black ops hit this will dwindle to about nothing.[/QUOTE]I'm really surprised it's even still going with how much they've pissed off the MP crowd. The constant teeter-tottering of so-called 'balance' put me off and I've never been back since. $35 in value? More like zero.

[quote name='javeryh']Game of what year? Didn't this come out in 2009?[/QUOTE]

It's the Game of Forever so technically yes it's the game of the year. Hope that answered your question.

Also:

Fallout 3 came out 2008, GOTY: 2009
LBP came out 2008, GOTY: 2009
Batman: Arkham Asylum came out 2009, GOTY: 2010

It's basically the case with nearly every game that get s a GOTY

[quote name='javeryh']Game of what year? Didn't this come out in 2009?[/QUOTE]
You don't actually expect a game to

A) win a "Game of the Year" award from some magazine or publication or whatever, and
B) rerelease a "Game of the Year" edition after getting said award

before the year of release is even over, do you? It won several publications' "Game of the Year" award for 2009. Those, of course, weren't handed out until somewhere around the end of the year.

Depending on the price of the super voucher I may pick it up, but Ill probably just grab siege after me and my amigo beat the CO-OPs on crushing. That wont be soon though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's the Game of Forever so technically yes it's the game of the year. Hope that answered your question.

Also:

Fallout 3 came out 2008, GOTY: 2009
LBP came out 2008, GOTY: 2009
Batman: Arkham Asylum came out 2009, GOTY: 2010

It's basically the case with nearly every game that get s a GOTY[/QUOTE]

[quote name='madcatz1999']You don't actually expect a game to

A) win a "Game of the Year" award from some magazine or publication or whatever, and
B) rerelease a "Game of the Year" edition after getting said award

before the year of release is even over, do you? It won several publications' "Game of the Year" award for 2009. Those, of course, weren't handed out until somewhere around the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Of course you guys are right but it just seems like a really old game for some reason.

There's still about 55,000+ people that play multiplayer every day. That according to the chart or whatever it is they use to track daily players. I basically play their MP every day. For co-op arena, it's usually a longer wait, but for co-op objective...its probably a 2-3 minute wait tops. And Naughty Dog is still doing/introducing new stuff. For example a week or so ago, they had "The Lab" which is basically experimental stuff, to see what works. There were deathmatches using only the Desert-5, etc.

I've probably logged about 72 hours into the multiplayer. It's incredibly addicting.

Hopefully this will cause a little spike again in the MP. I haven't played it in a few months but I might join back up for a while if MoH stinks.

What game isn't receiving a GOTY edition nowadays? This really negates the reason for anyone to buy a game at launch, since some cockamamie GOTY version will likely come out six months later.

But thankfully now that I know the bulk of the extras are for the crap multiplayer I hated(liked the co-op story type modes, but deathmatch was horrible unless you played 24/7 like the rest of the people playing dm) I can avoid this.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What game isn't receiving a GOTY edition nowadays? This really negates the reason for anyone to buy a game at launch, since some cockamamie GOTY version will likely come out six months later.

But thankfully now that I know the bulk of the extras are for the crap multiplayer I hated(liked the co-op story type modes, but deathmatch was horrible unless you played 24/7 like the rest of the people playing dm) I can avoid this.[/QUOTE]
Lol, you're going to be PISSED when a RDR GOTY comes out next year.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, you're going to be PISSED when a RDR GOTY comes out next year.[/QUOTE]
Only if it provides the DLC that has the Liar's Dice/etc in it. Otherwise meh, since I think the other one is largely mp costumes n crap.

I haven't even played the game in about 2-3 weeks now. I should just trade it away since I got kinda bored with the free roam being so dull and lifeless.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only if it provides the DLC that has the Liar's Dice/etc in it. Otherwise meh, since I think the other one is largely mp costumes n crap.

I haven't even played the game in about 2-3 weeks now. I should just trade it away since I got kinda bored with the free roam being so dull and lifeless.[/QUOTE]

It's Liar's Dice exactly what you were wanting from the multiplayer?

As far as Uncharted 2. I wish CO-OP gave more XP. Going against people 3x my level SUCKS.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']It's Liar's Dice exactly what you were wanting from the multiplayer?

As far as Uncharted 2. I wish CO-OP gave more XP. Going against people 3x my level SUCKS.[/QUOTE]
The ability to somehow use the lasso to teach people who wanna join a free roam just to be idiots what it feels like to be dragged to death behind my horse?

A more lively free roam game world similar to what I can achieve in GTA IV/GTA IV: EFLC?

bread's done
Back