Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

sigh.. i hope my order goes through, I placed it rather earlier for store pick up but who knows how they choose to fulfil the order. I'd much rather get the game only for $15 or less because I don't have the space for collector's stuff but I don't think it'd get there anytime soon.

Got a "we got your order" e-mail at 8am, and a "Your order is ready for pickup" e-mail 18 minutes later. That CE has been sitting on the shelf by its lonesome taunting me for months.

is it worth the drive across town to pick one up? i played through UC3 when it game out from gamefly, is the multiplayer super amazing or anything in the CE that makes it worth the drive?

[quote name='ijustw1n']If your order goes through the next thing you have to worry about is the amount of possible damage to the box due to security devices.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, from watching the unboxing video, I could care less about the plain-looking outside box that the nice piece comes in... so.. damage away!

Last Christmas when BB had Red Dead Redemption GOTY for $20, I placed orders at TWO stores for pickup, got confirmations that they were ready for pickup, only to be followed by "Sorry, we don't have it in stock" emails. If I'd split out the door and/or didn't have a smartphone, I could've wasted the trip and gas. Every day I'd get the four "come and get it, no, wait, never mind" notes. Ended up having to call and have it sent to the house and they only sent one, so I had to call and demand a 2nd copy at the sale price. What a pooch screw.

I'd really hate on Beast Buy harder, but I bought an HDTV in November and they credited me triple for RZ, issuing me $95 in coupons, so I got a couple of Blu-rays, a DS Lite battery and Mass Effect 3 for free. (Dropped $20 cash to bump up to the ME3 CE.)

[quote name='bajingo']is it worth the drive across town to pick one up? i played through UC3 when it game out from gamefly, is the multiplayer super amazing or anything in the CE that makes it worth the drive?[/QUOTE]

I figure for $30 why not. I'm having to go to South Austin to go grab this too as everything up north was sold out. Game is great and I'm I can trade off the CE content.

A friend saw this marked for $29.99 at the local store this morning. I think he picked it up. (I already have a copy.)

I got the only one at the Livonia, MI store. They had about 10 of them on Saturday but I guess all of them sold as online orders which is not that common at that store. Also went over to both Novi stores, none available at either store so someone must have cleared them all out for some reason. It's not showing up as available at any other stores in the area. I'm glad I got one but was aiming for two so I could pair it up with the B2G1.

[quote name='bajingo']is it worth the drive across town to pick one up? i played through UC3 when it game out from gamefly, is the multiplayer super amazing or anything in the CE that makes it worth the drive?[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer is a pass for me. Fairly lackluster gameplay, got old quick.

Got one, thanks OP for heads up!

Should anybody be near me I got mine at the Roanoke, Va store. They had 4 or 5 left when I was there this morning at about 10:30. They were all in real nice shape too which was surprising because most of the CE stuff I see there looks like somebody tried to beat a cat to death with it before they put it out.

I got what might be the last one at the Macedonia store; I stacked this with Sorcery and Dark Souls for the B2G1 promotion. I just wish the online deal was still active so I could get that additional $10 to spend.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I got what might be the last one at the Macedonia store; I stacked this with Sorcery and Dark Souls for the B2G1 promotion. I just wish the online deal was still active so I could get that additional $10 to spend.[/QUOTE]

cant we go for in store pickup and then tell them you thought there was a B2G1 and once the order was placed you never got reimbursed for the free copy, and get an adjustment in store?

blah its now unavailable in every single store in my state. maybe ill take a drive down anyway.

If the store is sold out, just ask the guy if he can order you one from the warehouse. That's what the employee offered to do for me. I paid and have the order in, and it'll be at the store for pickup on Saturday. Not sure how many warehouses Best Buy has, but he showed that the one I ordered from had about 220 left in stock. My total was $31.38.

I got lucky on this deal. I ordered 2 (1 for show and the other for collecting) and the total came to $24 and change with my left over gift cards. Now I can trade in my original for $17 on Amazon... unless I can find somewhere to give me more. :p

Thanks OP!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']cant we go for in store pickup and then tell them you thought there was a B2G1 and once the order was placed you never got reimbursed for the free copy, and get an adjustment in store?

blah its now unavailable in every single store in my state. maybe ill take a drive down anyway.[/QUOTE]
Store can't touch online orders for a few after you pick up, so you'd probably have to wait or come back later before they can return/rebuy.

[quote name='Duetschbag']I got lucky on this deal. I ordered 2 (1 for show and the other for collecting) and the total came to $24 and change with my left over gift cards. Now I can trade in my original for $17 on Amazon... unless I can find somewhere to give me more. :p

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
If you already bought 2, you should just come back and grab another $30 game for free with the b2g1 promo they have.

got 3 with b2g1 for 64 and change. they ring up for the 29.99 and everything worked fine. just a heads up for something that almost got me. don't forget to make sure it has the clear sticker seals on it. I almost got one without them that was probably a return.

If I ordered one for store pickup, is it possible for me to tag on 2 $30 games for B2G1 while I go pick it up?

did they all really just go out of stock just about every store near you guys, because they did for me and I don't think its possible. One store near has around 4, I think they want people to come into the stores to physically check if it's in stock to get people to come in.

i can see why this is out of the stock the asshats at slickdeals are ordering these in fives. i glad i stayed up to order one

Gonna let fate decide whether I get this or not. If my store still has one when I leave work today, I'll probably go for it. If not, I already have a used copy I picked up last week that had a good MP code, so not much lost.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']i can see why this is out of the stock the asshats at slickdeals are ordering these in fives. i glad i stayed up to order one[/QUOTE]
Wonder why they'd order 5s, with B2g1, they should order 6s. :lol:

[quote name='Donutkid2222']did they all really just go out of stock just about every store near you guys, because they did for me and I don't think its possible. One store near has around 4, I think they want people to come into the stores to physically check if it's in stock to get people to come in.[/QUOTE]

I saw 4 in Frisco, TX Friday, checked online today and it says UNAVAILABLE. Not surprised. I had a feeling another price drop was coming soon on these. Great deal, and a steal for any collector.

[quote name='Drakbak']Gonna let fate decide whether I get this or not. If my store still has one when I leave work today, I'll probably go for it. If not, I already have a used copy I picked up last week that had a good MP code, so not much lost.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I picked up a used copy a couple days ago and personally won't play the MP. If my store has it great of not the oh well.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']did they all really just go out of stock just about every store near you guys, because they did for me and I don't think its possible. One store near has around 4, I think they want people to come into the stores to physically check if it's in stock to get people to come in.[/QUOTE]

Almost every store around me had it in stock when I placed my order around 12:30am. Woke up this morning and did another inventory check, all but 2 stores around me had it in stock. And those 2 stores eventually went OOS within the hour.

Drove 20 miles to the closest one to me that had them in stock and someone bought all 4. BS. I was at my local BB yesterday and there were 3 and now they're all gone.

I was waiting and waiting for this to drop to $30. Oh well.

Why is everyone buying multiples? It's a slight discount for the game but the rest of the stuff is worthless on Ebay especially when flooded with all the asshats who are buying 5 and posting them for minimal profit. Hey congrats to those who got it I guess.

Went to pickup mine and i saw 10 others with the in-store pickup paper on top, so pretty likely that they were all just ordered.

Wanted to combine UC3 with Dark Souls and White Knight Chron. 2 for the b2g1, but CSR couldn't help me. Might not be too hard to get those for

[quote name='kouleefoh']Got the order is ready for pick up, lol now to wait til the store opens or the dreadful "Sorry we f*cked up" email[/QUOTE]

lol what

Thanks OP!

Got the last copy at my store along with Deus Ex Augmented Edition and LA Noire complete Edition with the b2g1.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Out of stock locally for me and no shipping.[/QUOTE]

Go to the store and see if they can order from their warehouse. That's what they did for me.

Picked mine up no problem. I swear some stores had these stashed in the back. Mine had a fine layer of dust on top of it and just last Friday there were none on the floor. No spider-wrap on it either. There was another copy next to mine in the pick-up area, hopefully for another CAG and not a SDer..

[quote name='mattyg00013']I got the only one at the Livonia, MI store. They had about 10 of them on Saturday but I guess all of them sold as online orders which is not that common at that store. Also went over to both Novi stores, none available at either store so someone must have cleared them all out for some reason. It's not showing up as available at any other stores in the area. I'm glad I got one but was aiming for two so I could pair it up with the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

You mean Westland? I ordered one for in-store pickup at the Novi store as Westland was out when I looked.

Has anyone ordered one of these for in-store pickup and then added 2 games for the b2g1 deal?

Placed 1 for in store pickup and one for shipping just in case last night...got the item not found in store email....not backordered on my order for shipping...yet....

It was available at all my local stores last night this is what I get for not hoarding and lacing multiple orders.

Was on hold with my store for a bit, but they got one left. Took forever to find. Gonna go pick it up and trade the vanilla edition in for $15. ($10 + 50% bonus) Granted I only spent $25 on UC3 back in November this works out.

I ended up holding at two stores because of the weird "Not in inventory" issue. If a CAG in the DC area wants one, send me a PM. Happy to give one up for cost + gas, $35 or so. If not, I'll cancel the order and let someone get lucky in store.

Picked mine up. Saw 2 other in store pick up orders. Hopefully one belongs to dcpinoy. Haha. One of gaming guy said he reserved one for himself so theres nothing left at union city bestbuy

bread's done
Back