Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

Yeah I have one Im trying to sell. It has a little ding in the corner of the box from Best Buys lovely handling but nothing major.

How is everyone shipping these things? Large Flat Rate box?

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I have one Im trying to sell. It has a little ding in the corner of the box from Best Buys lovely handling but nothing major.

How is everyone shipping these things? Large Flat Rate box?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they'll even fit in the large flat rate box unfortunately. I'd venture a guess to say either Parcel Post(slow as fuck) or via UPS Ground if all else fails.

Unfortunately the latter can cost up to $15 or so for something this size.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't think they'll even fit in the large flat rate box unfortunately. I'd venture a guess to say either Parcel Post(slow as fuck) or via UPS Ground if all else fails.

Unfortunately the latter can cost up to $15 or so for something this size.[/QUOTE]

yeah cause I have seen a large flat rat and could just see from the looks of it, that it wasnt gonna fit. Hmm we shall see.

Im in Lincoln, NE if someone wants to pick up.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I have one for sale if anyone wants to pick it up ($35). I'm in Orange County (Westminster area).[/QUOTE]

Ditto, but for Washington, DC / Northern VA.

Like I said though, Parcel Post would be your absolutely worst option for shipping. Both PP and Media are some of the slowest rates the USPS has, plus I swear they get rougher handling.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Like I said though, Parcel Post would be your absolutely worst option for shipping. Both PP and Media are some of the slowest rates the USPS has, plus I swear they get rougher handling.[/QUOTE]
eBay buyers gets piiiiiiissed when you use Parcel Post though...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Like I said though, Parcel Post would be your absolutely worst option for shipping. Both PP and Media are some of the slowest rates the USPS has, plus I swear they get rougher handling.[/QUOTE]

I shipped two out today using pp. 1 was ~$13.5 and the other was $12.28. I also shipped 3 using priority. In all 3 instances the priority was less than the pp.

[quote name='TooPoor']eBay buyers gets piiiiiiissed when you use Parcel Post though...[/QUOTE]
That's why. It's so slow. Then again, I shouldn't say that cuz I've had first class parcels throttled for 2 weeks before.:cry::whistle2:#
[quote name='kerouac kid']I shipped two out today using pp. 1 was ~$13.5 and the other was $12.28. I also shipped 3 using priority. In all 3 instances the priority was less than the pp.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. If you have your own shipping boxes then Priority would definitely be the way to go with these. But the thing is, will the buyers on here want to pay for the higher shipping?:roll:

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I have one for sale if anyone wants to pick it up ($35). I'm in Orange County (Westminster area).[/QUOTE]

How deep into the Westminster area are you? Im close to La Habra, but dont want to drive too far down into there

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why. It's so slow. Then again, I shouldn't say that cuz I've had first class parcels throttled for 2 weeks before.:cry::whistle2:#

Interesting. If you have your own shipping boxes then Priority would definitely be the way to go with these. But the thing is, will the buyers on here want to pay for the higher shipping?:roll:[/QUOTE]

I thinks it's funny when people want the person finding the deal to pay a partial of the shipping charges. Whenever the item is large or needs to packaged really well the price isn't cheap. It's not like we can ship like Amazon here. If I buy an item from a CAG I don't mind paying the shipping charges plus extra for trouble.

I had one ordered for store pick up and when I get there they were trying to give the standard copy. I was kind of mad but they ended up canceling the order and just gave me a 10 dollar gift card.

I've been making deals with USPS for my job lately, and the last time I talked to my rep, he said that priority and first class are the only way to go. They're both 1-3 days transit(sometimes Saturday, it's only guaranteed paper mail will get delivered on a Saturday) and from what I've seen, Priority is always cheaper until you hit the 3-4 lb range(yes, it's that specific) and then UPS wins almost every time.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I've been making deals with USPS for my job lately, and the last time I talked to my rep, he said that priority and first class are the only way to go. They're both 1-3 days transit(sometimes Saturday, it's only guaranteed paper mail will get delivered on a Saturday) and from what I've seen, Priority is always cheaper until you hit the 3-4 lb range(yes, it's that specific) and then UPS wins almost every time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always try to do First Class or Priority. Like just now I sold my Tritton AX120 headset. I was gonna use a Medium Flat Rate but then looked at the weight of the Trittons on Amazon (1lb 9 oz) and just rounded up to 2lbs to see what it would be. It was like 6 bucks instead of 10 for the Medium Flat Rate.I had a box from the Turtle Beach headset i got from 1saleaday and the bubble wrap it came in. It weighed out to 1lb 9oz so it was like 5 bucks shipping. Score.

Although for something like this CE, idk what box I would use. Ive shipped a Skyrim CE before and had a nice big box. I just dont have a box really for the size, they are either too small and way to big.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I always try to do First Class or Priority. Like just now I sold my Tritton AX120 headset. I was gonna use a Medium Flat Rate but then looked at the weight of the Trittons on Amazon (1lb 9 oz) and just rounded up to 2lbs to see what it would be. It was like 6 bucks instead of 10 for the Medium Flat Rate.I had a box from the Turtle Beach headset i got from 1saleaday and the bubble wrap it came in. It weighed out to 1lb 9oz so it was like 5 bucks shipping. Score.

Although for something like this CE, idk what box I would use. Ive shipped a Skyrim CE before and had a nice big box. I just dont have a box really for the size, they are either too small and way to big.[/QUOTE]

It may fit in regional box "C", but it is probably too expensive to ship that way (and most post offices do not have them in stock).

[quote name='tuffguycore']I've been making deals with USPS for my job lately, and the last time I talked to my rep, he said that priority and first class are the only way to go. They're both 1-3 days transit(sometimes Saturday, it's only guaranteed paper mail will get delivered on a Saturday) and from what I've seen, Priority is always cheaper until you hit the 3-4 lb range(yes, it's that specific) and then UPS wins almost every time.[/QUOTE]

You got that right. I worked in a mailroom for the last 3 years while in college (just graduated this May) and Priority was always cheapest up to about 4 lbs. Infintiely better deal than parcel post IMO.

[quote name='slowdive21']It may fit in regional box "C", but it is probably too expensive to ship that way (and most post offices do not have them in stock).[/QUOTE]

I saw those too at the post office today. IDK, I have to find a CAG who wants it. If not Ill probably just keep it I guess.

Im looking at eBay too and someone has it with First Class for $49. After fees and shipping, i might get 36-38 and thats if I do it as an auction listing and estimate like 6 dollar shipping (which im sure it will be more)

Heres something confusing. Amazon has the weight at 4.8 oz. Theres no way its 4.8 oz. Games in cases are about 5 oz. I feel like Mario when he gets knocked silly "WaawwaaWAWAAAaAA".

I wish Bestbuy would allow shipping to the customer. It makes no sense for certain stores pickup only. Majority of them just don't have it and the out-of-town store won't ship it to you eventho you're willing to pay for the shipping.

[quote name='Abeja']Heres something confusing. Amazon has the weight at 4.8 oz. Theres no way its 4.8 oz. Games in cases are about 5 oz. I feel like Mario when he gets knocked silly "WaawwaaWAWAAAaAA".[/QUOTE]
They probably just have the weight for the game by itself listed for the CE's weight.

[quote name='cagfansub']I wish Bestbuy would allow shipping to the customer. It makes no sense for certain stores pickup only. Majority of them just don't have it and the out-of-town store won't ship it to you eventho you're willing to pay for the shipping.[/QUOTE]
They had it for shipping when the deal first went live. Couple CAGs got in on it including myself.

[quote name='TooPoor']They had it for shipping when the deal first went live. Couple CAGs got in on it including myself.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived yesterday! Though I also placed an order for in-store pick-up as well, just to make sure I got it, so now I have two...

Despite Bestbuy.com saying that all stores within 50 miles of me were out of stock, I went to the nearest one to check anyway. Sure enough, they didn't have any, but they found out that the Cumming (yes, this is a real city in Georgia) and Douglasville stores each had one in stock. I called the Cumming store and they held it for me. Went and picked it up. So, there's probably a few still floating around for the taking.

[quote name='United_Korea']picked one up today. damn, the statue looks like ass.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you could use the belt buckle & necklace ring to go out with style:booty:.

[quote name='Christian Harper']Was able to order one today from my BB. Inventory said there was about 200 of them in the warehouse[/QUOTE]

that is a bunch of bs, i tried that too with no luck

For those who still want to get this deal I would recommend checking your local fry's as they price matched Best Buy for me. I know the one here in Houston still has a couple left.

Got mine from a CAG who got an extra yesterday, and I still haven't opened it. Just glad that I got my hands on one. I don't know why I like CEs/SEs so much haha.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Got mine from a CAG who got an extra yesterday, and I still haven't opened it. Just glad that I got my hands on one. I don't know why I like CEs/SEs so much haha.[/QUOTE]

I hope the manufacturer put your disc in there. Yes, the manufacturer.

I was tempted to order one online but none of the TX BB's close to me can ship to the store and driving to all of the nearest stores to find it seems like a waste of gas on my part. Especially seeing that even if I call the stores in advance, I'm more likely to start a conversation with someone who works in the gaming department but doesn't know anything about games to tell me the bad news that way.

[quote name='Bc4768']I was tempted to order one online but none of the TX BB's close to me can ship to the store and driving to all of the nearest stores to find it seems like a waste of gas on my part. Especially seeing that even if I call the stores in advance, I'm more likely to start a conversation with someone who works in the gaming department but doesn't know anything about games to tell me the bad news that way.[/QUOTE]

I'd keep trying. I did the same thing about 4 weeks ago with the InFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition. There were none in the DFW area and I called a store in Austin to make sure they had it and the employee "Ben" was real cool and he told me exactly what to do at my local store. In fact there is a specific function in their system that is set up for it so they should have done it. The employee you talked to may be uneducated on the matter or just a Douche...or both. I'd definitely follow up though.

Man, I wish the stores nearby had a copy. D: I've been waiting for this kind of price ever since they started that DLC program for the game.

went to get my $10 from price matching shadow of the damned (ps3) and was about to use it on kingdom of amalur until i saw the uncharted CE. soo i said fuck kingdom of amalur and picked up that CE. was waiting for a good deal on uncharted 3.

[quote name='YBX87']that is a bunch of bs, i tried that too with no luck[/QUOTE]

BS or not, I looked at the monitor when he pulled up the inventory for Uncharted CE. There were over 200 of them showing in their district.

Finally got one.. it wasn't showing available online. Have to wait for truck to come in yesterday.. bought this one. Added dark souls (29.99) and L.A. Noire complete edition (free). Out the door for $60 plus tax. I wish I could stack the spend $50 and get $10 coupon but since CE not available my store, it not possible. sigh..

CE review: the steelbook, ring, and belt buckle are all nicely done. The box and figure are both cheap and chintzy though. Might just throw those up on eBay or directly in the trash. If only they could have made the box look a little nicer with some embossment (seriously, am I the only one who keeps touching it thinking it should be embossed?)

It's a shame, because the UK box is a LOT prettier.

Whatever. I think if it as getting the game for $29 and everything else is free.

Also, I'm only to just a little past the level in the French chateau and goddamn is this a pretty game. The lighting on that level knocked my socks off. My 360 would melt if it tried to do the amount of dynamic lighting in this game.

My store in Arlington Heights, IL, sold out of these last week. Was in there today to get KOA and one magically appeared on the shelf. I already bought it at another Best Buy so it's still there.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']No luck in the Los Angeles area. Anyone in or near Los Angeles able to find one?[/QUOTE]

Not at all.. :(

I still have two left for sale if anyone is interested... $40 plus shipping. I would sell cheaper but drove way too far to get them lol

EDIT: Sorry, I'm all out!

EDIT: I have one left!! Someone backed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally did my in-store pickup. Actually, I had the order canceled at the pickup desk and then immediately purchased it along with 2 other games for the B2G1.

My copy had already been gutted open. I had a quick peek at the contents at the checkout. The steelbook was shrinkwrapped. Is your copy like that too?

bread's done
Back