Uncharted and Socom (PS3) $29.99 Greatest Hits - Aug 16

[quote name='dubbfoolio']SOCOM is very dated. Unless you're a fan of the series, there are better fps to play.[/QUOTE]

It's got a more active user base than Killzone 2, surprisingly. I may try it out to see how well I like it, and hopefully the majority of issues have been resolved since launch.

1) I don't care that much for this, but if I can, I'd rather want the regular edition compared to the GH edition and I know that retailers usually sell w/e they have left of the regulars. Where is the best place to get the regular copies at it's new price?

2)$30 for Uncharted, which is a fantastic game is a good price, but I'm tight on money and I'd rather get it NEW for $20. Where is the best place to get it new for $20? Am I going to have to wait a few weeks before a sale pops up? I know I was able to snatch Ratchet and Clank for $15 from Target, but I don't think that's going to happen again this time..

SOCOM was ass at launch. A couple of updates later it was still ass. I wonder if it is better now. Uncharted is hands down the best PS3 exclusive...and I have played all of them.

[quote name='mdmola']1) I don't care that much for this, but if I can, I'd rather want the regular edition compared to the GH edition and I know that retailers usually sell w/e they have left of the regulars. Where is the best place to get the regular copies at it's new price?

2)$30 for Uncharted, which is a fantastic game is a good price, but I'm tight on money and I'd rather get it NEW for $20. Where is the best place to get it new for $20? Am I going to have to wait a few weeks before a sale pops up? I know I was able to snatch Ratchet and Clank for $15 from Target, but I don't think that's going to happen again this time..[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Uncarted today at Best Buy. They still had tons of copies on the shelf but YMMV. I am planning to just go in a week or so and get a price adjustment. I wanted to make sure I got a non Greatest Hits copy. A little annoying to go through all the trouble but oh well.

[quote name='mgsvr']What is the chance to get a GH Uncharted from Amazon if I order it on August 16?[/QUOTE]
The wrapper may have a GH sticker on it but you will not get the fugly red case.

[quote name='RudyPants']That's good news. I wonder if retailers clearing out SOCOM will sell the copies bundled with the headsets for $30. That's what they did with Warhawk if I remember.[/QUOTE]

Some did Rudy but most just put the retail on that package at $40 or $50. It's still that price at any store I see that still has it in stock.

Base TIVs on 8/16/09 as posted on an overhead board in my local GS:

NCAA 2010 Football (PS3 & 360) - $25
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3 & 360) - $23
inFAMOUS (PS3) - $22
Killzone 2 (PS3) - $22
Mario Kart (DS) - $20
Mario Power Tennis (Wii) - $15

[quote name='gameboykid14']How much do you think gamestop/gamecrzy will charge for a used copy after Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Most likely 27.99 or 24.99. . .

So on my way to Best Buy to pick up Uncharted I stopped by Target and figured to check if the DPCI for it had been reentered into the system and as of today, no it has not. Just an FYI guys.

[quote name='Jodou']Call me when it's $10. This really doesn't impress me as a deal since they're only now forced to lower the price or look like idiots.

It should have been this cheap over a year ago.[/QUOTE]
This is one of the few games that is worth $60. In fact its probably my favorite game this generation.

bread's done
Back