Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Ah, I have GCU, didn't realize I got a trade in bonus. I'll trade in Gravity Rush today! Never traded in at Best Buy before, you just go to customer service?[/QUOTE]

I just go to the gaming department desk

[quote name='io']Oh, man, that is a nice selection. I'm so glad I got in on that $171 Vita bundle from Target (when they had the 3G/Wifi + 8GB card bundle for $180 minus redcard savings). I guess I'll finally crack that thing open. Problem is, I thought the 8GB card it came with would be plenty (since I wasn't planning on buying much of anything for download). But this changes things a bit ;).[/QUOTE]

I got one during that deal as well and have been loving it, but this deal makes it a must own. I did buy Tales from Space already and loved that game, but glad I get the other 5 for free. I also thought I could manage with the 8GB stick, but I guess a 32GB stick is in my future. Even that isn't going to be enough though.

Wow. I may actually have to pick up a Vita now. Just waiting for Newegg to have a $199 Vita bundle (no tax/ free shipping). It's gotta happen.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Welcome to the PS Vita family! :bouncy:
Make sure you get a big memory card for all those games! xD[/QUOTE]

Sony is pretty smart! Throwing out top games for PS +. But in turn, they get people to purchase the vita, their memory card, and PS + :cool:

Haha well played! :applause:

[quote name='JohnnyS5']^^ I really hope that's the case. Will jump on that so fast.[/QUOTE]

They have 3 bundles for sale right now (AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified, & Madden) at $249.99 each. I'm thinking black Friday they will hopefully try to compete with the big box stores and drop one of them to $199.99. That would save me $20 in tax and save me from the chaos that is Black Friday shopping. You can do it, NEWEGG! :applause:

[quote name='BetaDemo']THIS:
8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Defenders? Great!

sorry if this was already talked about iam at work and don't have time to browse through every page how big are the vita game files i have an 8 gb memory and already have plus do i need to upgrade or is 8gb fine ? i guess you could always save the games to the 8gb card then just swap with another card ?

[quote name='harrahs80']sorry if this was already talked about iam at work and don't have time to browse through every page how big are the vita game files i have an 8 gb memory and already have plus do i need to upgrade or is 8gb fine ? i guess you could always save the games to the 8gb card then just swap with another card ?[/QUOTE]

You''ll barely get by with a 8GB. You can, but I recommend at least a 16GB. You will be out of room once you download the plus games.

uhh can you download these games somehow without actually owning a Vita yet like make a marker on your PS+ account I am hoping to get a Vita for Christmas

[quote name='harrahs80']sorry if this was already talked about iam at work and don't have time to browse through every page how big are the vita game files i have an 8 gb memory and already have plus do i need to upgrade or is 8gb fine ? i guess you could always save the games to the 8gb card then just swap with another card ?[/QUOTE]

Honestly speaking, most people are going to tell you 16 minimal, but this comes down to what you're looking for. if you want like 9+ games on your Vita, then you're going to want 16+. If you're okay with 2 or 3 at a time, 8 is plenty.

Uncharted + Gravity Daze is only about 4 gb, so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. Naturally every game will be different (Blazblue was like 4.3 or something like that...), but most of the Vita games I downloaded (most of my collection) were around a gig.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']You''ll barely get by with a 8GB. You can, but I recommend at least a 16GB. You will be out of room once you download the plus games.[/QUOTE]

Depends the person, there are plenty of small Vita games that don't require a lot of space.

[quote name='JiveT']uhh can you download these games somehow without actually owning a Vita yet like make a marker on your PS+ account I am hoping to get a Vita for Christmas[/QUOTE]

Of Course!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']You''ll barely get by with a 8GB. You can, but I recommend at least a 16GB. You will be out of room once you download the plus games.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up the only game i really want is uncharted so i'll be good to go :)

[quote name='JiveT']uhh can you download these games somehow without actually owning a Vita yet like make a marker on your PS+ account I am hoping to get a Vita for Christmas[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's what I'm planning on doing next week

[quote name='breakingadam']They have 3 bundles for sale right now (AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified, & Madden) at $249.99 each. I'm thinking black Friday they will hopefully try to compete with the big box stores and drop one of them to $199.99. That would save me $20 in tax and save me from the chaos that is Black Friday shopping. You can do it, NEWEGG! :applause:[/QUOTE]

That'd be a no-brainer for them. Hopefully, they can throw in a bonus like Toys R Us is doing with that 10-in-1 starter pack (really want a screen protector as well). Newegg will definitely get my business.

do they add games every month or every so often.. i say you wont see vita games added monthly.. maybe psp games but not vita

is it very simple to hook the vita up to this or pain in the ass ... too bad it wasnt as easy as the 3ds shop

[quote name='slidecage']do they add games every month or every so often.. i say you wont see vita games added monthly.. maybe psp games but not vita

is it very simple to hook the vita up to this or pain in the ass ... too bad it wasnt as easy as the 3ds shop[/QUOTE]

They'll probably do one a month, maybe two. They said Uncharted and Gravity Rush will be up there for awhile.

[quote name='breakingadam']They have 3 bundles for sale right now (AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified, & Madden) at $249.99 each. I'm thinking black Friday they will hopefully try to compete with the big box stores and drop one of them to $199.99. That would save me $20 in tax and save me from the chaos that is Black Friday shopping. You can do it, NEWEGG! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure Sony will allow Newegg to lower the price. I think it is a restriction Sony (and other manufacturers) put on certain products. That's one reason why you see Target, Amazon, and other places giving gift cards or freebies with purchase. It is a way to "lower" the price while still meeting Sony's requirement.

I may not know what i'm talking about, so anyone with more knowledge, feel free to correct me.

As long as you have checked out in the PSN store, you do not have to have the games on your memory card. For those people with smaller cards, just add and delete games as needed. The only drawback that I know of is if Sony decides to remove a game from the PSN store. If you don't have it downloaded, you would never be able to get it. That being said, I think that's pretty rare.

The only thing i'm not sure about is what happens to your saved games when you delete the game off of your Vita. Do you lose the saves? I know you won't lose trophies.

Do you have to be logged into to your psn account and be on wifi all the time while using this. Since I travel with it, I still want to be able to use the games while traveling. Still some places that don't have wifi.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']
The only thing i'm not sure about is what happens to your saved games when you delete the game off of your Vita. Do you lose the saves? I know you won't lose trophies.[/QUOTE]

The way it works with the PSP/PS3 is your save files are separate from the game files. So you should be able to delete the game w/o losing your saves.

[quote name='squishface']Do you have to be logged into to your psn account and be on wifi all the time while using this. Since I travel with it, I still want to be able to use the games while traveling. Still some places that don't have wifi.[/QUOTE]

No. By default, your Vita will not even try to log in until it asks you. It's actually kind of annoying that it is logged out of PSN at some times when I want it to already be logged on.

That being said, I guess there is a possibility that PS Plus could work differently, but I doubt it. You don't have to be logged in while playing PS Plus games on a PS3.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I was leaning towards getting a tablet over getting a vita. This is making the decision harder.[/QUOTE]

Tablets are fine, but there is nothing like real buttons and analog sticks. My biggest problem with tablet games is that the controls are poor, so only certain types of games are fun.

[quote name='Tom Ato']The way it works with the PSP/PS3 is your save files are separate from the game files. So you should be able to delete the game w/o losing your saves.[/QUOTE]

That is wrong. Deleting the Vita game WILL delete the save.

If you don't know the right answer, don't answer.
If you're trolling, don't answer.
If you think you know the answer but aren't sure, don't answer.

[quote name='AoA']That is wrong. Deleting the Vita game WILL delete the save.

If you don't know the right answer, don't answer.
If you're trolling, don't answer.
If you think you know the answer but aren't sure, don't answer.[/QUOTE]

In all likelihood he probably just didn't know. I'd assume the game data was separate, too. Granted, I don't have a vita, lol. Even if I did, I wouldn't know that until I actually deleted a game. That's how the PS3 works so his assumption wasn't totally illogical. But, you're right...misinformation helps no one. Anyway, guess I need to keep this in mind when considering memory card sizes.

traded .. vita

Uncharted
Madden 13
Wipeout

total was $44 after extra $10. Now to find a cheap 32GB too bad they couldn't release a 64gb by now.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']How much memory/MB does Uncharted:GA & Gravity Rush take?[/QUOTE]

This - want to know too!

[quote name='mitch079']Another alternative is to download the games to your PS3 and transfer them when you want.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I had forgotten about that. I think that's what I'll do and then just move stuff over as needed. I upgraded one of my PS3s to 750GB so I have all the storage I need there.

[quote name='breakfuss']In all likelihood he probably just didn't know. I'd assume the game data was separate, too. Granted, I don't have a vita, lol. Even if I did, I wouldn't know that until I actually deleted a game. That's how the PS3 works so his assumption wasn't totally illogical. But, you're right...misinformation helps no one. Anyway, guess I need to keep this in mind when considering memory card sizes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually it is pretty stupid if it works that way. Why can't your saves stay on the system? It is completely illogical that they don't. But didn't they say there would be (PS+) cloud storage for game saves on the Vita? So you could always put them there before deleting games if that is the case. I'm going to assume that deleting a game off your Vita would not result in the Cloud storage save being deleted. That would definitely defy logic, common sense, and any number of other things...

[quote name='io']Yeah, actually it is pretty stupid if it works that way. Why can't your saves stay on the system? It is completely illogical that they don't. But didn't they say there would be (PS+) cloud storage for game saves on the Vita? So you could always put them there before deleting games if that is the case. I'm going to assume that deleting a game off your Vita would not result in the Cloud storage save being deleted. That would definitely defy logic, common sense, and whatever else...[/QUOTE]

I've heard rumors that it was an attempt for Sony to prevent CFW as people on the PSP could use save files to somehow pirate stuff. Who knows? Maybe its all a conspiracy to make us all buy PS+ so we can take advantage of the cloud saves. I hope there are cloud saves. I only have 7 GB left on my 32 GB stick and want to download all those delicious free games coming up.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I'm not sure Sony will allow Newegg to lower the price. I think it is a restriction Sony (and other manufacturers) put on certain products. That's one reason why you see Target, Amazon, and other places giving gift cards or freebies with purchase. It is a way to "lower" the price while still meeting Sony's requirement.

I may not know what i'm talking about, so anyone with more knowledge, feel free to correct me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's really accurate. The Black Friday sales on Vita bundles at all the major retailers (Best Buy, Target, Fred Meyer, possibly Game Stop.. we will know soon) are straight up $199.99. No gift cards, no mail in rebates, just $199.99. Even if it is for a limited time/quantity, I don't see why pricing restrictions would be put on Newegg for the same exact bundles.
No matter what, I'd even consider a $249.99 Vita bundle with a $50 Newegg gift card though. With as much as I spend there, it would basically work out to be the same thing. :lol:

[quote name='TwistedShade']Gravity Rush, is 1.5GB on PS Store.Uncharted is 3.2GB! and Wipeout is 1.6GB.[/QUOTE]
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is around 127 MB
Final Fantasy Tactics is around 205 MB

Total file size of all games is around 6.6 GB plus whatever size Jet Set Radio will be.

[quote name='breakingadam']I don't think that's really accurate. The Black Friday sales on Vita bundles at all the major retailers (Best Buy, Target, Fred Meyer, possibly Game Stop.. we will know soon) are straight up $199.99. No gift cards, no mail in rebates, just $199.99. Even if it is for a limited time/quantity, I don't see why pricing restrictions would be put on Newegg for the same exact bundles.
No matter what, I'd even consider a $249.99 Vita bundle with a $50 Newegg gift card though. With as much as I spend there, it would basically work out to be the same thing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how accurate it is either, but I believe I've heard something similar. For example, Apple imposes rules pricing re-sellers and stores. And, legally, I believe it's within their right to do it. In the case of Sony, it makes sense considering no one ever deviates below MSRP.

[quote name='prayformojo']Traded in Gravity Rush vita at Best Buy for $20 with the 100 percent bonus.[/QUOTE]

I went to my bestbuy today to find the trade in value of uncharted and gravity rush. They told its worth $26. Am i doing something wrong? I have a rewardszone membership

[quote name='prayformojo']Traded in Gravity Rush vita at Best Buy for $20 with the 100 percent bonus.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='autobot']I went to my bestbuy today to find the trade in value of uncharted and gravity rush. They told its worth $26. Am i doing something wrong? I have a rewardszone membership[/QUOTE]

Uncharted only has a base TIV of $3 so with the 100% you get $6 if you aren't GCU which would give you an extra $0.30. Gravity Rush has a base of $10.

[quote name='autobot']I went to my bestbuy today to find the trade in value of uncharted and gravity rush. They told its worth $26. Am i doing something wrong? I have a rewardszone membership[/QUOTE]

Gravity Rush is currently sitting @ $10
Uncharted GA is currently sitting @ $3.

x2 = $26
+ RZ Unlocked = $27.30

[quote name='mgford11']Gravity Rush is currently sitting @ $10
Uncharted GA is currently sitting @ $3.

x2 = $26
+ RZ Unlocked = $27.30[/QUOTE]

Thank. Now i have to decide whether to trade them in.

[quote name='autobot']Thank. Now i have to decide whether to trade them in.[/QUOTE]

I will most likely at least trade in gravity rush, $3 for uncharted is just so damn low. Maybe ill see what the GameStop TIV is.

One question though, I'm assuming game saves between the two versions (disc vs DL) aren't compatible are they?

I mean I'm not horribly far through either but it would be nice to not have to start over. I don't really touch my vita enough to get ver far :/

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I will most likely at least trade in gravity rush, $3 for uncharted is just so damn low. Maybe ill see what the GameStop TIV is.

One question though, I'm assuming game saves between the two versions (disc vs DL) aren't compatible are they?

I mean I'm not horribly far through either but it would be nice to not have to start over. I don't really touch my vita enough to get ver far :/[/QUOTE]

It looks to be $10 base for Uncharted from the GS Trade In thread.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I will most likely at least trade in gravity rush, $3 for uncharted is just so damn low. Maybe ill see what the GameStop TIV is.

I mean I'm not horribly far through either but it would be nice to not have to start over. I don't really touch my vita enough to get ver far :/[/QUOTE]

From what I can find, certain games save right on the cartridge and won't be compatible with digital versions purchased.

Other games save right on the memory card and will be compatible with digital versions.. how you would go about finding which games save in what way without trial and error, I do not know!

The "PS+ games are only rentals" argument is faulty, because: PS+ grants you a new game every week, while letting you keep all the previous ones they gave you. In a year, you'll have 50 games in your possession all at one time. In 3 years, you'll have 150 games in your possession at one time. If you went to Netflix, Blockbuster, or GameFly and told them you wanted to pay $50/yr for a membership that lets you rent one new game every week, while also keeping every game from all previous weeks forever (so long as you remain a member of their store) they'd call you batshit insane.

And to argue that you lose access to them if you cancel your membership, well duh... if you are a person who enjoys watching movies you aren't going to cancel your Netflix, are you? Not as long as you continue enjoying watching movies. The only way you're canceling it is if you decide you're done with watching movies forever. And if you change your mind later and resubscribe, you're going to immediately regain access to all those same movies you had access to before.

Same thing for PS+... if you enjoy playing games you are going to want to continue playing games indefinitely; the only time you're going to cancel your membership is if the day comes when you decide you're done with playing games, for good. And just like Netflix, if you decide later on that you made a mistake and you choose to resubscribe, you immediately regain access to all those games you had before.

*Also, that is not even adding in the dollar value of all the great discounts you get from a PS+ membership, of which all those items really are yours to keep forever, even if you do cancel your membership.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']The "PS+ games are only rentals" argument is faulty, because: PS+ grants you a new game every week, while letting you keep all the previous ones they gave you. In a year, you'll have 50 games in your possession all at one time. In 3 years, you'll have 150 games in your possession at one time. If you went to Netflix, Blockbuster, or GameFly and told them you wanted to pay $50/yr for a membership that lets you rent one new game every week, while also keeping every game from all previous weeks forever (so long as you remain a member of their store) they'd call you batshit insane.

And to argue that you lose access to them if you cancel your membership, well duh... if you are a person who enjoys watching movies you aren't going to cancel your Netflix, are you? Not as long as you continue enjoying watching movies. The only way you're canceling it is if you decide you're done with watching movies forever. And if you change your mind later and resubscribe, you're going to immediately regain access to all those same movies you had access to before.

Same thing for PS+... if you enjoy playing games you are going to want to continue playing games indefinitely; the only time you're going to cancel your membership is if the day comes when you decide you're done with playing games, for good. And just like Netflix, if you decide later on that you made a mistake and you choose to resubscribe, you immediately regain access to all those games you had before.[/QUOTE]
How is that argument not valid? If Sony changes the promo, you lose all those games. If Sony releases a new console, support could be dropped so you lose all those games. If Sony sneezes, you could lose all those games. Essentially, you are just renting.

[quote name='lordopus99']How is that argument not valid? If Sony changes the promo, you lose all those games. If Sony releases a new console, support could be dropped so you lose all those games. If Sony sneezes, you could lose all those games. Essentially, you are just renting.[/QUOTE]

Hypothetical situations do not make up a valid argument.

If your apartment explodes, you'll lose all your games. If you get robbed, you'll lose all your games. Therefore, buying retail games is basically just renting them.

[quote name='lordopus99']How is that argument not valid? If Sony changes the promo, you lose all those games. If Sony releases a new console, support could be dropped so you lose all those games. If Sony sneezes, you could lose all those games. Essentially, you are just renting.[/QUOTE]

1. When Sony brings out the new console, I still have my PS3 and Vita and still have those games on my system. I highly doubt Sony will change the policy for games that were previously downloaded/purchased since it's on older systems.

2. This is a BIG seller for Sony right now. MS and Nintendo aren't offering anything like this and PS+ is one of the prime reason's I still have my Vita alongside my PS3. And this is coming from someone who purchased a 360 first and had that for a few years before getting a PS3.

bread's done
Back