Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

[quote name='gamerdogbert']The "PS+ games are only rentals" argument is faulty, because: PS+ grants you a new game every week, while letting you keep all the previous ones they gave you. In a year, you'll have 50 games in your possession all at one time. In 3 years, you'll have 150 games in your possession at one time. If you went to Netflix, Blockbuster, or GameFly and told them you wanted to pay $50/yr for a membership that lets you rent one new game every week, while also keeping every game from all previous weeks forever (so long as you remain a member of their store) they'd call you batshit insane.
.[/QUOTE]

Netflix also adds contents constantly, while also let you watch their old content. You get to watch the new and old content as long as your're a subscriber. That's exactly like PS+

[quote name='zeonmx']Don' these games disappear from your Vita once plus membership expires?[/QUOTE]

They should remain, you just won't be able to launch them (if you aren't an active PS+ subscriber).

Does anyone know the trade in value for Uncharted and Wipeout at GameStop? I'm about to go trade in Gravity Rush at Bestbuy for $20 but the other two only go for $6 each with promo applied.

[quote name='perfectsil']Netflix also adds contents constantly, while also let you watch their old content. You get to watch the new and old content as long as your're a subscriber. That's exactly like PS+[/QUOTE]
It's not at all. If Netflix takes down content, you're no longer able to watch it even if it's in your queue, so that's a major difference.

[quote name='perfectsil']Netflix also adds contents constantly, while also let you watch their old content. You get to watch the new and old content as long as your're a subscriber. That's exactly like PS+[/QUOTE]

You missed the point. Netflix makes you return discs to get more discs. If it was like PS+, you'd be able to keep all the discs and continue to get new discs.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You missed the point. Netflix makes you return discs to get more discs. If it was like PS+, you'd be able to keep all the discs and continue to get new discs.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to Netflix streaming

I don't have PS+ or a Vita yet so i was wondering do you have to have constant internet access to play these free PS+ games on Vita?

I plan to buy a Wifi Vita and PS+ during BF but if these games need constant internet access to keep playing I might have to step back and think it over

[quote name='Horo']I don't have PS+ or a Vita yet so i was wondering do you have to have constant internet access to play these free PS+ games on Vita?

I plan to buy a Wifi Vita and PS+ during BF but if these games need constant internet access to keep playing I might have to step back and think it over[/QUOTE]No you download to memory card they're not streamed.

Not really. I used to watch News Radio, but Netflix streaming took it down before I could finish it. Now I can never watch it again even though I pay ~$100/year.

I was on the fence about buying a Vita. I wanted one forever, and was supposed to buy one when I hit my goal weight loss, which I did back in April, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. After seeing this thread, I immediately got in on the great Target COD bundle (which ended up costing me only $193 including the gift card amount deducted, since I shop at Target for groceries, I consider it like cash). This makes my PS+ sub so much sweeter. First tons of PS3 games, now tons of Vita games AND PS3 games! And to have Uncharted as one of the freebies just takes this over the top for me. My Vita should be arriving on Tuesday, so it will be right on time for these deals.

[quote name='perfectsil']I was referring to Netflix streaming[/QUOTE]

Must be why I can watch Stargate SG-1 and Antlanit...

ooooooh right they had to take them down for some reason.

[quote name='AoA']That is wrong. Deleting the Vita game WILL delete the save.

If you don't know the right answer, don't answer.
If you're trolling, don't answer.
If you think you know the answer but aren't sure, don't answer.[/QUOTE]

There are some exceptions to that rule. Disgaea 3 and Gravity Rush are some. I think if the game allows you to make multiple save files, then you can delete the bubble without deleting the game tiself.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']All I have to say is that I will be a loyal PS+ subscriber for as long as they run it. I just worry about the day that it will end.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. I hope the day it ends they let us just keep all the games.

This may have been said but if you don't own a Vita, go ahead and download this stuff anyways because you can utilize it later.

I guess Sony wins. I'm buying a Vita on BF, and its literally because of this. P4G coming out helps a lot too (I have 3 Solid Gold editions on the way, fuck yea)

Gotta love PS+. Traded Gravity Rush the other day and sold Uncharted online. Now hopefully I am able to sell Wipeout as well.

I kinda like when my games go to PS+ because I can sell or trade them to use for other things and still have a digital copy(subbed till 2017).

Last edited by a moderator:
If my friend is a PS+ subscriber is there someway I can download the games off his account onto my vita? Like game sharing or something? I'm really noob with PSN stuff

[quote name='i MarK i']If my friend is a PS+ subscriber is there someway I can download the games off his account onto my vita? Like game sharing or something? I'm really noob with PSN stuff[/QUOTE]

You can only have one account per Vita. So unless you're using his account on your Vita, nope.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Gotta love PS+. Traded Gravity Rush the other day and sold Uncharted online. Now hopefully I am able to sell Wipeout as well.

I kinda like when my games go to PS+ because I can sell or trade them to use for other things and still have a digital copy(subbed till 2017).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Trading in Liberation (although it's not plus), and Wipeout 2048 toward my DD copy of PlayStation All-Stars

I hope there's a BF deal on the 32GB card. I would jump even if it was only $35 off. With PS+ coming to the Vita there's no way my 8GB will last.

[quote name='bige562']I feel the exact same way. I hope the day it ends they let us just keep all the games.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they wouldn't. I think the restrictions are in place just to keep people from picking and choosing. Nobody is going to spend $20 on Borderlands if they can pay $18 through PS+ and get a ton of other stuff over three months. They don't want people exploiting it. Once PS+ ends, there's no risk of exploitation, so there's no real the harm in letting us keep the stuff.

[quote name='jwk94']You can only have one account per Vita. So unless you're using his account on your Vita, nope.

Yeah, same here. Trading in Liberation (although it's not plus), and Wipeout 2048 toward my DD copy of PlayStation All-Stars[/QUOTE]

What happens if you replace your Vita. Is it possible to transfer your PS+ downloads to a 2nd Vita?

[quote name='J7.']What happens if you replace your Vita. Is it possible to transfer your PS+ downloads to a 2nd Vita?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You have to deactivate the first console and activate the second. If you don't you'll have to call Sony to unlock your account.

is anyone else having trouble opening up the content manager on your computer? i cant get it to open even with the vita connected

bread's done
Back