Uncharted & God Of War Controller Bundle Packs $29.98 @ Target YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Like any clearance sale at Target YMMV.

Uncharted Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98. They had been $41.98 but i just picked up two for 50% off. I know there is a Target Thread but thought this was a really good deal.

They also had the God Of War Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98.

Ended up returning one Uncharted and getting one of each.

uncharted bundle was still marked at 41.98 for me. picked up medieval moves though..and the clerk was all excited about it because shes in a "medieval combat group" lol

[quote name='TooPoor']Ugh....credit card?[/QUOTE]

One of the few people that doesn't have one. Atleast I'll never be in debt to credit card companies.

[quote name='yesidoknow']One of the few people that doesn't have one. Atleast I'll never be in debt to credit card companies.[/QUOTE]
As long as you don't go completely apeshit and set aside money to cover the bill each month it's actually a pretty good way to buy stuff. I've paid off my bill on my Capital One Sony card every month even BEFORE it comes due, even after charging $200-300 on it. But I ALWAYS make sure I have enough to cover it BEFORE I make those purchases on it.

But yeah, if you splurge and think like some folks obviously do that it's 'free money' with no repercussions if you don't pay, then you'll be sorely mistaken very quickly.

[quote name='yesidoknow']One of the few people that doesn't have one. Atleast I'll never be in debt to credit card companies.[/QUOTE]

Smart thinking.

Not using a CC is stone cold crazy.

Warranty extension, cash back, purchase protection, fraud/theft protection, and other bells/whistles are common. Some of the features sound silly, but they can be huge. For example, wife dropped and destroyed a brand new MacBook Pro last year while dashing through an airport. AMEX popped for a new one, no questions, no hassle. Fraud protection is also really valuable. Someone steals and goes wild with your CC? You owe nothing. OTOH, you're SOL if your cash or debit cards get swiped.

You just need the self control to spend within your means and to pay the card off in full every month. Getting hit with 19% interest on a pack of gum or game is stupid, but so is passing up free money, free warranties, free insurance . . .

Good luck establishing credit then. Building good/excellent credit will save you a lot in the long term when you take loans for your car/house.

[quote name='unforeseen']Good luck establishing credit then. Building good/excellent credit will save you a lot in the long term when you take loans for your car/house.[/QUOTE]

That's the truth. Car loans to me are the bigger savings. Even though they are only for 5/6 years and are for far lesser amounts, the difference in rates between good and bad credit is staggering. You basically either put next to nothing down and get 0-2.9% interest rates or put thousands down and get a 12.5-15% interest rate. It's crazy.

[quote name='unforeseen']Good luck establishing credit then. Building good/excellent credit will save you a lot in the long term when you take loans for your car/house.[/QUOTE]

Yup, but credit is 'mostly' only worth anything if one has to finance something. If one can make his/her way through life without ever needing to take a loan then kudos to him/her (not many people can do this). Also I have heard that some car insurance rates are tied to credit score...

[quote name='bgame2']That's the truth. Car loans to me are the bigger savings. Even though they are only for 5/6 years and are for far lesser amounts, the difference in rates between good and bad credit is staggering. You basically either put next to nothing down and get 0-2.9% interest rates or put thousands down and get a 12.5-15% interest rate. It's crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yup on this too, if one has bad credit and needs to finance something, these companies willing to loan him/her money has them by the financial balls. You can shop around, but with bad credit, one will pay a higher rate until his/her credit is better.

I use credit cards to pay for everything, and then pay it off in full every month. Cashback, additional insurance, and fraud protection being the main reasons.

I keep thinking someone found something...enough of this financial mumbo jumbo. If the man doesn't want a credit card, he doesn't need one.

My grandpa bought two houses and a couple cars without the need of credit and he wasn't stinkin rich either.

Still looking for a blue controller btw, if anyone wants to sell it or make a trade (I really only have to offer FFXIII-2 with the Novella)

[quote name='zemzero']I keep thinking someone found something...enough of this financial mumbo jumbo. If the man doesn't want a credit card, he doesn't need one.

My grandpa bought two houses and a couple cars without the need of credit and he wasn't stinkin rich either.

Still looking for a blue controller btw, if anyone wants to sell it or make a trade (I really only have to offer FFXIII-2 with the Novella)[/QUOTE]

so no more financial mumbo jump but you feel like this can be your personal trade thread?

Picked up one of the remaining 2 GoW:O bundles for $41.xx at my store. Guy recommended I come back Monday and see if it is discounted, buy it, return it with the old receipt, and buy again. Then I'll have gotten both at $29.98.

First Target employee to suggest this. :lol:

[quote name='BiggNick']Picked up one of the remaining 2 GoW:O bundles for $41.xx at my store. Guy recommended I come back Monday and see if it is discounted, buy it, return it with the old receipt, and buy again. Then I'll have gotten both at $29.98.

First Target employee to suggest this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've heard that customer service frowns upon this, so my guess is ymmv.

[quote name='g13']I've heard that customer service frowns upon this, so my guess is ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure on the YMMV (my store is pretty nice, in a upper class area and some hot employees too :lol: , my wife loves that part). I just found it funny that the guy offered it as an option. Even if I can't get it for cheaper I'm happy as I can now sell one of my old Sixaxis controllers to my buddy for $15 and make it cheaper anyways.

[quote name='BiggNick']Picked up one of the remaining 2 GoW:O bundles for $41.xx at my store. Guy recommended I come back Monday and see if it is discounted, buy it, return it with the old receipt, and buy again. Then I'll have gotten both at $29.98.

First Target employee to suggest this. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I thought with clearance it had to be restocked and you would have to wait for it to be put back on the floor.

[quote name='confoosious']so no more financial mumbo jump but you feel like this can be your personal trade thread?[/QUOTE]
Yep. This is exactly my issue with newbies. They want people to just shut up about any off topic subject so they can get the deals and only the deals with the smallest amount of hassle/money put out by them to get it.

That's also why zemzero acted so indignant when I mentioned the shipping costs that may be likely for one of these bundles and how their $40 and no more estimate was more than a bit low.
[quote name='akir']I thought with clearance it had to be restocked and you would have to wait for it to be put back on the floor.[/QUOTE]
It depends. You can always try the 'I want to change payment methods' routine. Then they do a return and allow you to rebuy on the spot. Once the item is returned in their system, it should automatically drop to the lower price and as such you get that benefit when you go to 'switch payment methods'.;) I did this with :ps3:Sniper Ghost Warrior a while back without an issue.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
It depends. You can always try the 'I want to change payment methods' routine. Then they do a return and allow you to rebuy on the spot. Once the item is returned in their system, it should automatically drop to the lower price and as such you get that benefit when you go to 'switch payment methods'.;) I did this with :ps3:Sniper Ghost Warrior a while back without an issue.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....I may give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly in this market Credit Card means nothing. 3 years out of college with a near 800 credit score from 7 years of credit cards and I was almost unable to get a car loan. They didn't care about the credit cards at all, said I had no financial history. The rate I did get was an insult.

Credit cards have great perks for people who are able to pay the bills, but slip up once and it all comes tumbling down.

[quote name='ev1lg00dguy']Sadly in this market Credit Card means nothing. 3 years out of college with a near 800 credit score from 7 years of credit cards and I was almost unable to get a car loan. They didn't care about the credit cards at all, said I had no financial history. The rate I did get was an insult.

Credit cards have great perks for people who are able to pay the bills, but slip up once and it all comes tumbling down.[/QUOTE]

Your creditor must have fucked up rates. I did a $17,000 car loan through my credit union and got approved for the lowest available rate at the time: 1.99%. I would browse around.

[quote name='Donut2922']Your creditor must have fucked up rates. I did a $17,000 car loan through my credit union and got approved for the lowest available rate at the time: 1.99%. I would browse around.[/QUOTE]

I did, either denied or offered around 8% :( Ended up just paying around 50% down on a shitty 8% loan. I would have just waited and bought in full cash but my '01 civic broke down immediately after paying 1k to fix and this time it was transmission. Terrible car luck.

Do items in clearance show up on the online "Find-in-store" thing? My controller is finally showing signs of going senile and I need a new one. These seem like they'd do the trick.

Target's Find in Store function shows that only one target has limited quantity near me out of like 20 Targets, and it just happens to be on the way to the movie theater, which I can work with tomorrow.

Large purchases are what helps your credit the most. House or car, I know after buying two cars and a house, never had a late payment, I can basically get approved for anything. They give two shits about credit cards.

[quote name='h4mx0r']Do items in clearance show up on the online "Find-in-store" thing? My controller is finally showing signs of going senile and I need a new one. These seem like they'd do the trick.

Target's Find in Store function shows that only one target has limited quantity near me out of like 20 Targets, and it just happens to be on the way to the movie theater, which I can work with tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Don't wait, my target had five last Saturday and when I finally got a day off work today, there was only one left and I grabbed.

But do items in Clearance show up on their site? If not, I might visit a closer Target just to check. But if yes, then I'll go straight to the further one that shows a little promise.

[quote name='h4mx0r']But do items in Clearance show up on their site? If not, I might visit a closer Target just to check. But if yes, then I'll go straight to the further one that shows a little promise.[/QUOTE]
Mine didn't I believe

[quote name='h4mx0r']But do items in Clearance show up on their site? If not, I might visit a closer Target just to check. But if yes, then I'll go straight to the further one that shows a little promise.[/QUOTE]

;):roll:

Lol. Trying to figure out if you're being serious. Do you SEE them on the site?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Large purchases are what helps your credit the most. House or car, I know after buying two cars and a house, never had a late payment, I can basically get approved for anything. They give two shits about credit cards.[/QUOTE]

Without smaller purchases on your credit cards, there is no way anyone will give you a loan on car much less a house. You need the credit history to establish worthiness for larger purchases.
I am not saying that credit cards are perfect but they provide the stepping stones (credit history) to better loan and mortgage rates.

Or you can forget all that and have your parents with excellent credit co-sign for you. :)

[quote name='yesidoknow']No idea that my comment about credit cards would start a whole discussion about this lol.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking, lol. I feel like I'm back at college orientation again.

[quote name='yesidoknow']No idea that my comment about credit cards would start a whole discussion about this lol.[/QUOTE]

The newbies can blame you for the off topic chatter. :)

[quote name='stavros45']So wait, if I buy two copies of these controller bundles, you say I'll improve my credit rating?![/QUOTE]
I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling.

I am willing to trade a new, never opened Killzone 2 or inFAMOUS and Black Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller Bundle for a
new, never opened God of War Origins Collection and Red Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller Bundle...Any takers???

[quote name='stavros45']So wait, if I buy two copies of these controller bundles, you say I'll improve my credit rating?![/QUOTE]

Sorry only 3 or more. We have to your worthiness, and 2 just doesn't cut it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep. This is exactly my issue with newbies. They want people to just shut up about any off topic subject so they can get the deals and only the deals with the smallest amount of hassle/money put out by them to get it.

That's also why zemzero acted so indignant when I mentioned the shipping costs that may be likely for one of these bundles and how their $40 and no more estimate was more than a bit low.[/QUOTE]

Really? You don't know what indignant means buddy. Why would I pay someone $50 and wait when I can just go to the store and pay $60 and have it right now? Time IS money. Or, why would I use up $20 on gas to hunt down a bundle that's $20 off? Either way, I'm spending $50-$60. No money was saved, which is the point.

This isn't moby dick, there is no thrill in the great hunt to save a couple dollars. I also don't buy games that are on clearance just because it's on clearance. I guess that obviously makes me the angry one, right?

My choice to go cheap on the shipping doesn't make me ornery to your suggestions or your seemingly paranoia when it comes to the post office. I've had all levels of shipping get to me all busted up looking. It happens, I deal with it.

And really, sorry about trying to get the thread back on track, perhaps we can start an economic discussion in the best buy thread?

Or, did I just fall for a subtle "you mad, bro?" post?

Why the hell would you go to 3 Targets besides deal hunt? Targets merchandise are not expensive, but for everyday groceries, its doesn't compare to Costco or even Ralphs

[quote name='TooPoor']Why the hell would you go to 3 Targets besides deal hunt? Targets merchandise are not expensive, but for everyday groceries, its doesn't compare to Costco or even Ralphs[/QUOTE]

Games and those Dsi's that I know nothing about and won't ever play. Had a very long list of 'to do's ' today and it slipped my mind. Gotta go back to making notes.:cry:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Games and those Dsi's that I know nothing about and won't ever play. Had a very long list of 'to do's ' today and it slipped my mind. Gotta go back to making notes.:cry:[/QUOTE]
No wonder. Any luck on the DSi?

Don't know if this has been asked before but, If i buy this online and do a return/rebuy at the B&M store would i get the clearance price?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:hot::hot::hot::hot::whistle2:#:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:wall::wall::bomb::bomb::bomb::cold::dunce:
:dunce::dunce::whistle2:s::&:boxing::boxing::boxing::twoguns::argue::argue::censored::censored::censored::censored::joystick:8-[:shock::shock::evil::evil::evil::evil:fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck:whee::whee::whee::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I was at 3 Targets today and forgot alllllll aboutttttttt this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lol, there should just be a giant mushroom cloud smiley...

[quote name='zemzero']Really? You don't know what indignant means buddy. Why would I pay someone $50 and wait when I can just go to the store and pay $60 and have it right now? Time IS money. Or, why would I use up $20 on gas to hunt down a bundle that's $20 off? Either way, I'm spending $50-$60. No money was saved, which is the point.

This isn't moby dick, there is no thrill in the great hunt to save a couple dollars. I also don't buy games that are on clearance just because it's on clearance. I guess that obviously makes me the angry one, right?

My choice to go cheap on the shipping doesn't make me ornery to your suggestions or your seemingly paranoia when it comes to the post office. I've had all levels of shipping get to me all busted up looking. It happens, I deal with it.

And really, sorry about trying to get the thread back on track, perhaps we can start an economic discussion in the best buy thread?

Or, did I just fall for a subtle "you mad, bro?" post?[/QUOTE]
Twenty bucks in gas? Again I have to wonder if the people using up so much gas to get to these stores are driving Humvees or some old clunker that hasn't been tuned up in 10 years. Unless the stores are 30-40 miles apart and you're traveling in a LOT of stop n go traffic, I don't see how the hell you could expend that much gas. If your vehicle is THAT bad on fuel, then maybe you have other things you should be worried about besides buying clearance games.

As for the value of the bundles, I see them as a decent value even at their MSRP of $60 if you think about it this way. A Dual Shock 3 costs $55 MSRP every day of the week, so it's like you're getting the controller for $0 discount and paying $5 for one of the game packs in these bundles. But of course being a CAG it is nice to get something of a discount on items like this.

But the damaged package thing really is something you should look into, since it may just be that your mailman doesn't give a damn about their job and they play hackey sack with your packages. It happens.

Mind ya, this thread really shouldn't even exist, since the deal was already mentioned in the Target mega thread. There was no purpose for this to be it's own seperate thread, aside from people crying about not being able to follow the mega thread. But that appears to be a trend on CAG which will continue unabated and when people keep wondering why their local stores are emptied of anything decent due to these spotlight threads, then and only then maybe they'll put 2 + 2 together and realize that maybe these are to blame.

But this is definitely not a 'u mad bro' post, since I find those to be really stupid in the first place. I honestly don't give a crap what you do, but to expect someone to skimp on shipping costs AND get something that doesn't look like it got beat on with a baseball bat is kinda funny to me. You get what you pay for regarding shipping and the prices you pay for stuff.

[quote name='TooPoor']No wonder. Any luck on the DSi?[/QUOTE]

No. The guy at the first store claims that some Targets will clearance out certain items depending on how well they are selling. All 3 stores had them at full price. Good thing, too. Because I don't know why-in-the-hell I went looking for 1 of those!:wall:

Maybe at $40...for Mario.

[quote name='karkyco']Lol, there should just be a giant mushroom cloud smiley...[/QUOTE]
:booty:

[quote name='karkyco']Lol, there should just be a giant mushroom cloud smiley...[/QUOTE]
I've been hoping for the addition of a middle finger smiley for a while now. It woulda saved a lot of typing over the years I've been here when I decided to write one of my diatribes and express my feelings exactly.:booty:

[quote name='zemzero']Really? You don't know what indignant means buddy. Why would I pay someone $50 and wait when I can just go to the store and pay $60 and have it right now? Time IS money. Or, why would I use up $20 on gas to hunt down a bundle that's $20 off? Either way, I'm spending $50-$60. No money was saved, which is the point.[/quote]
Twenty bucks in gas? What're you driving? A Humvee?:whistle2:# I see people say how they're gonna expend a buncha gas to find these deals and that's their main excuse for not wanting to go look for them. If your vehicle is THAT bad on gas that you're gonna waste a ton of gas going to look for a deal, then you need to be shopping for a better car and not game deals.:roll:
Since when is $18 a 'couple dollars'. That's still a substantial discount compared to the original MSRP of these bundles($59.99). Even if they weren't discounted, they are still a pretty decent deal by themselves. The controllers are normally $54.99 and the games in these bundles are typically between $29.99 and $39.99. So at worst, at MSRP you're getting the game for $0 discount and the controller for the usual Black Friday price of $30.
Maybe that's why your packages are getting delivered in beat up shape, since you choose the slowest/cheapest shipping and those methods usually get tossed around a lot more. Either that or your mailman has a grudge against you or hates his job. But I know that if my stuff was arriving all messed up and it happened on a fairly frequent basis, you better believe I'm going to get in touch with both the companies shipping the items and the post office to get that resolved.
Don't worry. All of this off topic banter will likely be deleted soon enough, while keeping these highlighted/spotlighted deals that should have remained in the mega threads intact 100% for the people who feel they 'deserve' their own thread.
Or, did I just fall for a subtle "you mad, bro?" post?
Nah. I think posting that 'u mad bro' type crap is just plain stupid.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Was able to pick up an Uncharted bundle last night for $42, which while not as good as $30, it's better than not finding it at all if I would have waited for the price to drop again. Besides, I've never played the Uncharted games and I needed a new controller so win/win for me as opposed to buying them separately.
I checked the Target clearance thread several times and didn't see anything about these bundles there. I do wear glasses though, so it's possible that I may have missed a post somewhere about these.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I think posting that 'u mad bro' type crap is just plain stupid.[/QUOTE]I find this part of your journal entry quite funny. :rofl:
Now, here's where I flash my ass at you because you swing that way. :booty:

bread's done
Back