Uncle Vic Deals: Xbox Elite (refurb) w/Jasper Chipset & 2 games: only $199.99

[quote name='ackbar7']So you it looks like you get to choose Burger King games. That's a pretty sweet deal.[/QUOTE]
I know right :hot: Those games are sick! :bomb:

[quote name='KillerFurby07']Umm...so forgive my ignorance, but what's going on here? What's with all the sarcastic comments?[/QUOTE]

CAG has turned "uncle Vic" into an inside joke, it just sounds shady!

I'm not sure I trust Uncle Vic. He looks like Travis Touchdown...

qtqmC.jpg

youre right, i mean who wouldnt trust your good ole' uncle vic! reminds me of "that" guy in everyones fam that your mom wouldnt leave you alone with at family gatherings...

There's definitely something shady about this operation. Look at this poor photoshop job of a headquarters:
G1Jbw.jpg

And from the About page:
If you call and we don't answer, don't worry, leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we're done packing orders, reviewing our fantasy football rosters, and looking for new impossible deals.

Not that this "deal" would be worth it anyway.

We've been over this "photoshopped" bit before

It's a legit website

But

Not too many deals to be had

And their shipping is the worst

That is all.

I'm not pimping the place, but I bought a refurb Linksys WGA600N Wireless N Bridge from there a couple of weeks ago. Shipping was a little high at $7, but aside from that, I didn't have any issues.

I don't really have any problems with this site but on the warranty options you have 'no thanks uncle vic' which made me chuckle

I can't fucking stand it when legit companies use words like "hook-up" when they are trying to sell their items online, YOU ARE A BUSINESS, you are NOT the high school drop out pothead down the street.

[quote name='Cmosfm']YOU ARE A BUSINESS, you are NOT the high school drop out pothead down the street.[/QUOTE]

You... don't know that. :lol:

[quote name='Cmosfm']I can't fucking stand it when legit companies use words like "hook-up" when they are trying to sell their items online, YOU ARE A BUSINESS, you are NOT the high school drop out pothead down the street.[/QUOTE]

As with the company name, they're attempting to be hip and approachable, but end up as awkward, creepy, and out of touch.

Also, their deals are lame.

For some reason, folks in sales and marketing still seem to believe only little kids and young teenagers play video games. Remember when GS.com went through a revamp, and they had that page with all the changes? Every other sentence was some lame joke that only a 12 year old would find funny.

You take a lot of crap on this site, Uncle Vic, but I do have to give you props for changing that annoying talking lady so that it has a "Play" button on it. I appreciate that.

[quote name='zenintrude']As with the company name, they're attempting to be hip and approachable, but end up as awkward, creepy, and out of touch.

Also, their deals are lame.[/QUOTE]

Excellent summary. /thread

[quote name='saiyajinsc']im looking in the products spec and it doesn't guarantee its a jasper.

Motherboards may vary: Falcon, Jasper, etc.[/QUOTE]

lol.. you're absolutely right about that.
The Jasper thing is a lie.
Uncle Vic is a indeed a shady man.

:lol:

Oh goddammit, all the descriptions on this site are ridiculous! Check out a review for this wii wheel:

http://unclevic.com/pd/187-2-0-476-intec-g5685-racing-wheel

"so you keep your game tight". fuck you Uncle Vic.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found the worst:

http://unclevic.com/pd/187-2-0-493-...c-g5600-wired-nintendo-wii-nunchuk-controller

"If you're gonna play Wii games like Lego Batman and MySims, you'll need a good Nunchuk. Uncle Vic has the hook-up on the Intec G5600 wired Nintendo Wii Nunchuk controller. Save a few bucks for a Red Bull and buy yours here."

Don't you guys feel bad for picking on Uncle Vic? The guy had a piece of his head bitten off by an angry customer. Just look at his picture. Give the guy a break!

Sincerely,
Angry customer

[quote name='CloakBass']There's definitely something shady about this operation. Look at this poor photoshop job of a headquarters:
G1Jbw.jpg

[/QUOTE]
So how did you conclude that this picture was Photoshopped again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle Vic's exclusive "Wii for Women" Nintendo Bundle is the perfect item to pick up for those fattening holidays. Imagine, you can have fun getting in shape! This bundle is loaded with great new game titles & all the perfect accessories to allow you to plug & play right away in the comfort of your home.Games include: The Biggest Loser, Daisy Fuentes Pilates and the popular Wii Sports. Enjoy, Uncle Vic.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So how did you conclude that this picture was Photoshopped again?[/QUOTE]

Look at the outline of the logo. It looks like someone did a really crappy job movin around the logo on the front of the building because there is a bunch of noise (crappy pixels) all around it, especially on the top.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Oh shit, I used to work RIGHT next to Uncle Vic's. Ain't that a trip.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you worked right next to a bad photoshop.

[quote name='InFlames215']Look at the outline of the logo. It looks like someone did a really crappy job movin around the logo on the front of the building because there is a bunch of noise (crappy pixels) all around it, especially on the top.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bubo']I don't know about the deal or the company, but that "poor photoshop" comment surprised me. So I went poking.

For a poor photoshop, they were good enough to fool Google Streetview.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1265+...=rYag4D6xYMj03CLWaoYIhg&cbp=12,272.85,,1,0.48[/QUOTE]
Whoa, the building is real...?

[quote name='ackbar7']Personally, I am suprised Uncle Vic continues to post here. Have any CAGs gotten anything from them?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I bought a Linksys WGA600N Wireless-N Gaming Adapter from them. It was a great deal and works great. I think it is funny how everyone rips on them. Any site that has nothing but deals is going to have some good ones and some crappy ones. This forum is the same way. I look on here and see some awesome deals and then other times I'll see something like a thread for the Cod MW2 360 for $400. WOW! that is MSRP, so in terms of deals that would be about as bad as it gets.

[quote name='Edwardo Banaducci']Yes. I bought a Linksys WGA600N Wireless-N Gaming Adapter from them. It was a great deal and works great. I think it is funny how everyone rips on them. Any site that has nothing but deals is going to have some good ones and some crappy ones. This forum is the same way. I look on here and see some awesome deals and then other times I'll see something like a thread for the Cod MW2 360 for $400. WOW! that is MSRP, so in terms of deals that would be about as bad as it gets.[/QUOTE]

Terrible comparison. The CoD 360 was a good deal. For $100 more than the Elite, you got the hottest game on the planet, an extra wireless controller, and double the hard drive space. Plus, when it comes to stuff like that, supplies are often limited, so it's a service to inform CAGs about the product and remind them when it comes out.

Anyway, people break "Uncle" Vic's balls, because their shipping is high, most of the "deals" are not that, and their attitude just seems a tad bit unprofessional. I will say that people around here have very short leases when it comes to small businesses, but they are consistent. They don't give anyone a break.

[quote name='InFlames215']Look at the outline of the logo. It looks like someone did a really crappy job movin around the logo on the front of the building because there is a bunch of noise (crappy pixels) all around it, especially on the top.[/QUOTE]

So the view from google maps is fake, eh?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Terrible comparison. The CoD 360 was a good deal. For $100 more than the Elite, you got the hottest game on the planet, an extra wireless controller, and double the hard drive space. Plus, when it comes to stuff like that, supplies are often limited, so it's a service to inform CAGs about the product and remind them when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

The CoD 360 is a good deal in terms of a package from Microsoft, but what I am talking about is some form of discount such as $20 off the CoD 360 by using Paypal on BB.com. Not the same price as what I can go to my local BB and get or any website. As far as limited goes that console is about as limited as the Red Controller bundle.

[quote name='Dokstarr']That was definitely the highlight of the day for me. (Kind of sad that was the highlight though....)[/QUOTE]
I saw the Google Maps street view, as well, and realized that I've been by there before since they are across the street from Extron.

[quote name='Edwardo Banaducci']The CoD 360 is a good deal in terms of a package from Microsoft, but what I am talking about is some form of discount such as $20 off the CoD 360 by using Paypal on BB.com. Not the same price as what I can go to my local BB and get or any website. As far as limited goes that console is about as limited as the Red Controller bundle.[/QUOTE]

Never said it was limited. I said stuff like that is often limited. Also, a "deal" doesn't have to be a discount. A deal is a deal. That bundle is a deal, so that is why someone posted it as soon as it was announced, so that people who were interested in a 360 could decide if they wanted to wait.

In the end, the thread about that console was definitely more helpful to more CAGs than Uncle Vic.

That building is part of an elaborate hoax by whoever photoshopped that logo onto that building in the pic. What they did was set up a holographic image of the photoshopped uncle vic world headquarters about 1 minute before the google street view van drove by. Its true, i saw these type of things being done in an interwebs video called "Loose Change Part 3, The Uncle Vic Conspiracy."

On second thought, perhaps I should not have revealed this information to the public. Right after I posted it Jesse Ventura called me and warned me that my house was painted with Thermite Paint........

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back