[Unconfirmed] Circuit City Winter Clearance Sale

Not to add fuel to the fire, I think there may be some truth to the sale...although there may also be some validity to the concern about the quality of the game selection. I went to Circuit City yesterday to pick up Manhunt (PS2) for $9 ($10 advertised sale pice, less 10% discount for one game). On the way out, I noticed a bunch of big plastic containers with games in them. Having no reason to expect they would be clearance related and not post-Christmas rush restock, I didn't give them much thought. I do remember seeing many copies of Cabela's Big Game Hunter GH (PS2) since they were on top. The website says they are $9 after $11 in savings. Does that mean sale prices are online?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zennousha'][quote name='Scorch']I'll probably head on XBox Live..

WAIT!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Burnout--3--Takedown---PlayStation-2-/sem/rpsm/oid/99905/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

BURNOUT 3 FOR PS2 $9.99!!!!![/quote]
Nice trojan on that.[/quote]

Shut up you
th_tard.gif
, it's linked from albinoblacksheep.

To the others..
biggthumpup.gif
[/quote]

I got a trojan also.

Someone post the name of the Trojan that you're getting and i'll post removal instructions or something.

And for the love of god, please stop quoting posts with the link in it.

Alright, you know what, enough of this. I've stayed up to 7am worrying about all your fucking computers. If you did a quick google search, you'd come across an explanation on McAfee.

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=98651

Risk Assessment
- Home Users: Low
- Corporate Users: Low

This is a trojan web page posted on the Internet. The web page contains Java script which is seemingly harmless, making the browser (Internet Explorer) appear to bounce as if it were a ball across the screen. Attempts to close the window however spawn 30 more windows of the same blank screen. Closing any of these opens 30 more windows and so on.

In the example of the page, the title of the web page was "EYEDREAM: Get Lost!".

All the "Trojan" does is spawn more windows of the 'You Are An Idiot" if you try to close it.

It's a javascript and is 99% of the time deleted when the browser is closed.

NOW, I'M GOING TO GET SOME REST since you fucks made me think I did some permanent damage to your computer.

some folks don't understand that not all trojans are necessarily viruses. A crappy anti virus like Mcafee will recognize any application in continuous use as a trojan. Try sending 2 or 3 emails in a row with Mcaffee, it will want to scan your HD for a virus thinking there is a worm.

It *technically* is a trojan, but not a BACKDOOR trojan.

A good antivirus will recognize that, unlike craptastic Norton or Mcaffee.

Yeah i deleted my temporary files and did a scan and didnt find a thing. My free AVG still popped up the window the first time.

It was damn funny. I had my headphones on and up (fortunately, since I was at work) and I nearly pissed myself laughing.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, this has been the longest thread of NOTHING.[/quote]

Yeah, your right, eight pages of NOTHING!...:D

But, I do hope there is a clearance sale at CC. I do have $100 to spend...

well im here at cc and there's nothing... maybe im suppose to wait for them to like... set it up or something... ill ask someone

for anyone worrying about that trojan thing. I pressed alt-f4 to close the formost window. it closed and that was it. Just saying in case anyone had multiple spawning windows and never heard of that windows command.

ZZZzzz...

When any deals are found, can somebody at least update the OP's first post so everyone can see it on the first page? I flipped through all 9 pages hoping for some deal to be listed, but there hasn't been a damn thing yet. I'll be in NYC until the evening and can't even rush to CC if there's any great deals :(

[quote name='alongx']When any deals are found, can somebody at least update the OP's first post so everyone can see it on the first page? I flipped through all 9 pages hoping for some deal to be listed, but there hasn't been a damn thing yet. I'll be in NYC until the evening and can't even rush to CC if there's any great deals :([/quote]
:lol: I did the same thing.

[quote name='Jarrett'][quote name='alongx']When any deals are found, can somebody at least update the OP's first post so everyone can see it on the first page? I flipped through all 9 pages hoping for some deal to be listed, but there hasn't been a damn thing yet. I'll be in NYC until the evening and can't even rush to CC if there's any great deals :([/quote]
:lol: I did the same thing.[/quote]

Yeah, me too! Thanks for the heads up though OP! I hope this happens.

[quote name='Jarrett'][quote name='alongx']When any deals are found, can somebody at least update the OP's first post so everyone can see it on the first page? I flipped through all 9 pages hoping for some deal to be listed, but there hasn't been a damn thing yet. I'll be in NYC until the evening and can't even rush to CC if there's any great deals :([/quote]
:lol: I did the same thing.[/quote]

I was going to do the same thing but thought I'd check the last page first..... :lol:

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zennousha'][quote name='Scorch']I'll probably head on XBox Live..

WAIT!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Burnout--3--Takedown---PlayStation-2-/sem/rpsm/oid/99905/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Shut up you
th_tard.gif

To the others..
biggthumpup.gif
[/quote]

I got a trojan also.[/quote]

Trojan? Where?[/quote]

ok, i skipped to the last page to see about the sale, although im confused. Is this about Circuit City having a sale on condoms? :D

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='repetske'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zennousha'][quote name='Scorch']I'll probably head on XBox Live..

WAIT!!

Shut up you
th_tard.gif

To the others..
biggthumpup.gif
[/quote]

I got a trojan also.[/quote]

Trojan? Where?[/quote]

ok, i skipped to the last page to see about the sale, although im confused. Is this about Circuit City having a sale on condoms? :D[/quote]

No, but costco has a box of 500 for only $60!

*Warning, no links will be supplied and information posted above may or may not be fact.

Well, I just got back from my local CC [in NC], and saw absolutely nothing other than the 10/20/30% off deal. They had a clearance bin, but it's the same one that's been there for weeks, with the same old crap. The one guy in the video game section was sitting there playing Gran Turismo or something, so they must not have been too busy.

[quote name='JohnnyA']Do you find it strange that out of all of the CC employees nationwide, this guy is the only one who heard about this deal? And this is after they tagged the entire store for their clearance. I smell something fishy. But, if it works out to be true in some way, shape, or form, then yay.[/quote]

Wow, I got one right!

[quote name='JohnnyA'][quote name='JohnnyA']Do you find it strange that out of all of the CC employees nationwide, this guy is the only one who heard about this deal? And this is after they tagged the entire store for their clearance. I smell something fishy. But, if it works out to be true in some way, shape, or form, then yay.[/quote]

Wow, I got one right![/quote]

Is it time to lynch the OP?

Jeeezum crow...when I went to bed last night, this thread was 2 pages long...now it's 9. :p And no new, constructive info has been added. I was thinking about putting off my trip to TRU until this thread had some good information, but now I'm not so sure if I want to wait that long for a list that may or may not exist.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Jeeezum crow...when I went to bed last night, this thread was 2 pages long...now it's 9. :p And no new, constructive info has been added. I was thinking about putting off my trip to TRU until this thread had some good information, but now I'm not so sure if I want to wait that long for a list that may or may not exist.[/quote]

when i went to bed it was 7 pages long.... because i stayed up til 5:30 in hopes :evil:

I'm east coast. I found nothing. I looked around. Nothing. I asked one sales guy and apparently he didn't work in the games section but he didn't hear of it but said to ask a game guy. It seemed like the workers were off somewhere else because there was no one around to ask. So I went to Best Buy a bit to try to burn more of my gift cards. Nothing at Best Buy either. Came back and asked someone who was restocking some game stuff if there was something. He didn't hear of anything. He gave me a weird look. Nothing.

So now I am pretty perturbed at the OP for this false information. I just ended up killing like 2 hours plus the pain of waking up after a 2 hour nap. And it would have been okay if i had scored something from any of the stores around CC cuz then it would have at least been worth something for the trip... But nothing.

and thus I think it's time to lynch the OP. What kind of malicious things can we do to him.

[quote name='sj41']On the other hand, you just registered a few days ago, have little posts, and are saying a big sale from CC is on the way. I don't know. I think you're WSB with a new acoount! Mods, check his IP address! I know WSB would do something like this. He wants CAG to be pissed off! :shock:[/quote]

HAH! :rofl: Believe me, if I wanted to piss CAG off, I'd be a LOT more creative than that, and I'd think there'd be just as many people laughing as there would be tying the noose. ;)

I have a feeling that this may turn out to be something that just his store or a few stores are doing this week. Just a thought. I doubt someone would just making something like this up, but you never know.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']
So now I am pretty perturbed at the OP for this false information. I just ended up killing like 2 hours plus the pain of waking up after a 2 hour nap. And it would have been okay if i had scored something from any of the stores around CC cuz then it would have at least been worth something for the trip... But nothing.

and thus I think it's time to lynch the OP. What kind of malicious things can we do to him.[/quote]

Chill. While I feel bad for your loss of time, frustration, and waking up from your nap, the OP's CC may be doing this promo earlier than other CC's. Wasn't that the case with the summer sale? When some stories started the sale prematurely?

As much as I hate to say it, give this deal some time and let's see what develops.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']I'm east coast. I found nothing. I looked around. Nothing. I asked one sales guy and apparently he didn't work in the games section but he didn't hear of it but said to ask a game guy. It seemed like the workers were off somewhere else because there was no one around to ask. So I went to Best Buy a bit to try to burn more of my gift cards. Nothing at Best Buy either. Came back and asked someone who was restocking some game stuff if there was something. He didn't hear of anything. He gave me a weird look. Nothing.

and thus I think it's time to lynch the OP. What kind of malicious things can we do to him.[/quote]

lol, how about we'll see what happens in 10 hours before anything is really confirmed? at this rate, eveyone will restart the "kill the OP" for false info when it turned out true (CC glitch). It could be that those employees don't know anything in the first place like the last $5 sale. If you really want to confirm somehow, play it blind and get some games to scan just to be sure instead of just waiting for the list =P

Indeed. It could be a YMMV, it could be rolled out by region/state/district, it could be based on yearly sales, etc.
While I found nothing at my CC, I'll reserve judgment for a little longer.

Well i for one am hoping that it's not true... not that i don't want you guys to get in on good deals, i just want to be able to play the games i have without going out and buying more that i want but can't really afford. :D

Lol some people are thinking it isn't true because they asked an employee. The first rule of CAG is retail employees know nothing, just wait for the OP to post again.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='sj41']On the other hand, you just registered a few days ago, have little posts, and are saying a big sale from CC is on the way. I don't know. I think you're WSB with a new acoount! Mods, check his IP address! I know WSB would do something like this. He wants CAG to be pissed off! :shock:[/quote]

HAH! :rofl: Believe me, if I wanted to piss CAG off, I'd be a LOT more creative than that, and I'd think there'd be just as many people laughing as there would be tying the noose. ;)[/quote]

Once again, WSB speaks the truth on this one. I know he'd be a bit more creayive than something like this if he wanted to mess with us. And I think I'd be laughing instead of tying the noose. Well, most likely. :rofl:

[quote name='sj41']On the other hand, you just registered a few days ago, have little posts, and are saying a big sale from CC is on the way. I don't know. I think you're WSB with a new acoount! Mods, check his IP address! I know WSB would do something like this. He wants CAG to be pissed off! :shock:[/quote]

you dont think i might have already done this do you? ;)

clean

Seriously, not to cast doubt on the OP, but thinking about this a little bit makes me believe it ain't happenin (Or if it does, there is going to be nothing special). Considering what happened a couple of weeks ago with the 2 for $10 snafu at CC (which wiped out a lot of CCs in my area), I doubt that theyr would be having another $5 sale. I hope I am wrong though.

bread's done
Back