[Unconfirmed] PS3 80 GB $150 off @ Kohl's (advertised on TV) at 4AM on BF

Status
Not open for further replies.

aiphanes

CAG Veteran
I just saw a Kohls TV Ad and they showed the 80 GB PS3 at $349.99 tommorrow at 4am!!!

I have not seen this anywhere on the net...but i saw it on TV...did anybody else see this? It was the 80 GB model too..because they said $150 off PS3 console...

Its not in the Kohls ad on their website...so it must be a secret ad...

Kohls opens at 4am...

[quote name='Danomano89']its a shame. but PS3's aren't worth $349, unless you like watching movies :lmao:[/quote]You've gotta be kidding me

My local Kohl's ad shows the kmart bargin bin $5 more than what they are at kmart all the time, not to mention the worst of the worst games ever made.

I'm in Puerto Rico and it's 4 am here and I just came back from Kohl's with 10 80 gig PS3's, got them for $297.50 each because I had a 15% coupon from using my Kohl's card. Catch 'em on ebay bitches!!

Guys I am not trying the lie here...I saw the ad and it was Kohls...Kohls is the only store opening at 4am....They said the PS3 as $349...and it was $150 off meaing it was the 60 or 80 gb model. I know what a PS3 looks like.....it is true...now it might only be in the san antonio area...but it is true...Please go to the local kohls in SA and find out. I am just trying to help you guys out. I have a friend who is looking for a PS3 40 gb and i saw this Kohls ad and this is a better deal.

5 hours and 14 mins to go!!!

So wait. This is For Friday then instead? Ugh if it is. Then im SOL since the wife is already out at Circuit City. So i guess maybe you should have posted this in the Regionals Section. :bomb:

[quote name='aiphanes']Guys I am not trying the lie here...I saw the ad and it was Kohls...Kohls is the only store opening at 4am....They said the PS3 as $349...and it was $150 off meaing it was the 60 or 80 gb model. I know what a PS3 looks like.....it is true...now it might only be in the san antonio area...but it is true...Please go to the local kohls in SA and find out. I am just trying to help you guys out. I have a friend who is looking for a PS3 40 gb and i saw this Kohls ad and this is a better deal.

5 hours and 14 mins to go!!![/quote]

STFU

The ambien is kicking in so this will be my last post tonight that can be understood...

Ive got the kids back,,, I mean its not that unbelievable. I'll check back when I wake up in 4 hours and see.

I could see Kohls having the PS3 for 150 off since if its like their normal pricing, its jacked by at least that over MSRP so that it can be "put on sale". Kohls occasionally does have real deals, but I am not buying them having them for 350.

Kohl's doesn't carry video game systems around here...or on their website...and no mention of them anywhere on the web ever carrying the PS3.

I've seen them get crappy bargain video games in the past and overprice them, but I've never seen them get any systems in. Seems unlikely to me.

[quote name='SNKMat']STFU[/quote]

Why are you being bitter? I am just posting what I saw...if there are no PS3s at Kohls then that is that...but the TV ad said they had them and that they open at 4am tommorrow morning...

[quote name='GamingGator']I could see Kohls having the PS3 for 150 off since if its like their normal pricing, its jacked by at least that over MSRP so that it can be "put on sale". Kohls occasionally does have real deals, but I am not buying them having them for 350.[/quote]
Good point, especially in light of this recent thread.

Took the $350 part out of the subject.

Well like some one said before. We didnt know about the HD DVD players till sorta last minute either. So im half getting my hopes up and im half not.

Raise your hand if you've ever purchased or heard of anyone who has purchased a gaming system from Kohls (the center for all gaming needs).

Black Friday is tough enough with traffic and huge crowds. We don't need false/misleading posts to stir things up.

Happy Holidays everyone.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well like some one said before. We didnt know about the HD DVD players till sorta last minute either. So im half getting my hopes up and im half not.[/quote]

The only part I don't understand is how they can put an item on sale when they DON'T CARRY THAT ITEM. Kohl's has never carried the PS3.

[quote name='aiphanes']Confirmed HEB plus stores in texas have 60 GB PS3 for $349!!

They open at 5am...and i have never ever ever seen a PS3 for sale at HEB PLUS!!! So the Kohls add might be true after all..the Kohls ad was on TV only and said they open at 4am. Kohls is the only store opening at 4 am..

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2198684[/QUOTE]

keep in mind your the ONLY ONE who saw the ad.... theres no use going around saying, "The ad that I personally saw on the PS3, said 4am." So, to deduce, since Khols is the ONLY store opening at 4am (which was confirmed already), I'm a clever guy who can use one truth to tell another "truth".

Didn't we have some jackass pull this last year too? I remember a thread last year claiming that Walgreens was going to have PS3s or Wiis in stock. They didn't, of course.

[quote name='aiphanes']Confirmed HEB plus stores in texas have 60 GB PS3 for $349!!

They open at 5am...and i have never ever ever seen a PS3 for sale at HEB PLUS!!! So the Kohls add might be true after all..the Kohls ad was on TV only and said they open at 4am. Kohls is the only store opening at 4 am..

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2198684[/quote]
Do you clearly remember seeing a Kohl's TV ad which advertised the PS3 at $150 off? Or are you sort of remembering seeing a $150 off PS3 at 4AM, and assuming that it must be Kohl's because they're the only ones open at 4AM.

How clearly do you remember this commercial?

[quote name='evilmax17']
How clearly do you remember this commercial?[/QUOTE]

as clear as the mirror he was snorting cocaine from.

I'm going to bed and resting easy knowing I'm not missing out on any PS3 deal at a Kohls in my area.

*bookmarked thread for late morning humor/tired sap dissapointment*

I doubt my store would have gotten new shipments in just for today or for the holidays... From what I know, Kohl's doesn't even sell game consoles, just crappy games. Hell, I doubt if they even sell PS3 games or Bluray Movies.

Well, I have to work tomorrow at Kohl's from 3:45am to 12:00pm so time for some sleep and I'll check my store out tomorrow.

shutup.jpg

Enough with the childish threadcrapping. Maybe the OP really did see the ad. Maybe it is regional. Maybe he's full of shit or seeing things.

If it is legit, this is a great deal. If not, it was a false alarm. People have the choice to go and take a chance or to ignore it and go elsewhere.

But enough of this threadcrapping.

Well, the online ad doesn't have anything-- in fact, they don't have an "entertainment" or "electronics" category to begin with... I think the games are listed under "toys".

[quote name='Watchman']Well, the online ad doesn't have anything-- in fact, they don't have an "entertainment" or "electronics" category to begin with... I think the games are listed under "toys".[/quote]

Website does have video games/systems. While no PS3 is listed, that doesn't always mean that in-store won't have it. For all we know they could be factory refurbs, like Value City and Big Lots deal in. (Not likely, but once again, who knows?)

Look at other retailers. While they have their BF ad, they also have "unadvertised specials" in addition.

I am by no means saying this is the real deal. But stranger things have happened.

[quote name='sp00ge']Website does have video games/systems. While no PS3 is listed, that doesn't always mean that in-store won't have it. For all we know they could be factory refurbs, like Value City and Big Lots deal in. (Not likely, but once again, who knows?)

Look at other retailers. While they have their BF ad, they also have "unadvertised specials" in addition.

I am by no means saying this is the real deal. But stranger things have happened.[/quote]

Oh don't misunderstand-- I know perfectly well about "unadvertised" specials, and that it very well never have been listed in the ad-- i'm just confirming that aspect is all.

Now, as to to the issue of Kohl's carrying the system, I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up here by saying this, but it is entirely possible that they got their hands on a lot of them (and by "lot", I mean a pallet or some kind of sweet surplus deal, not as in "a lot of copies"), but buyer beware. I think someone needs to capture it on their DVR and film it if in fact it was advertised on TV.

Frankly, I'm not falling for this until I see tangible proof.

The H.E.B. stores aforementioned are a grocery chain in Texas, and they have HEB Plus stores, much like a Target Greatland or the like. I'd wager that those stores will have 10, 15 copies at the most of the system.

Kohl's is a strange little place. They just might have PS3's for Black Friday. I for one would not take the shot. I have seen GBA's there before for sale about 2 years ago...but that's not saying much either. Oh well happy BF to everyone.

Catching up on the thread, but if there's a question of whether or not a TV ad existed, I saw one about the 4 AM opening, with a dog turning off an alarm, "Set your alarm, Kohls opens at 4 AM" or something along those lines. I wasn't paying full attention thanks to the situation, so I didn't catch anything about a PS3, unfortunately.

I need to know about this deal...if it's true or not!!
If someone is heading up there then aim me...

mrhaha101
=]

let me know if they are there!!!
ASAP!

THANKS

[quote name='kevzik']Ill be at kohls anyway too for teh 2 pack digital picture frames. Ill see whats up.[/quote]

It's not a 2-pack, the ad is misleading. It's one frame with 2 skins, at least that's what I've seen posted on other forums.

haha nope everyone who went to Kohls is now stuck in the horrendous people traffic and disappointed at the same time because there is no PS3 for $349.99.

[quote name='Rictor']It's not a 2-pack, the ad is misleading. It's one frame with 2 skins, at least that's what I've seen posted on other forums.[/quote]

Thanks for that fantastically relevant update.

WHAT ABOUT THE CONSOLE?!

I dont think it even matters. Cause of us that are on here, they either got it or they didnt. And if they did get it. I doubt there would be ANY left for those of us who would leave right now to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back