UNCONFIRMED RUMOR: Gamestop ONLINE PS3/Wii preorders start 11/1; WalMart 11/11

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']This is like the funniest and dumbest thing I've ever read. Why not just a buy a PS3 next year when there will be plenty available?[/quote]

I see my statement made its point.. I was being sarcastic because there's not gonna be any great launch games until next year when the good stuff comes out... at least IMO so I am in no rush to get one.

Now the Wii is different... Rayman has a game with Rabbids that is going to go platinum....

Are the EBgames and GS web sites working for anyone? All I see are the logos in the top left corner, nothing else. I'm not sure if the problem is my work PC or not.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Are the EBgames and GS web sites working for anyone? All I see are the logos in the top left corner, nothing else. I'm not sure if the problem is my work PC or not.[/QUOTE]

Must just be your computer--working fine on my end.

isn't eb/gs good about sending out email alerts? they did for the B&M launch...which I can say is more than Amazon and Walmart did for the Wii

EB sent out a few notices for the 360 last year. The first one said something like "we'll have preorder info for you next week." The second one gave bundle details.

It's looking more & more like I'll have to camp out to try and get a PS3.

Don't count on EB/Gamestop online orders opening up till a week or two before launch. They are going to be forced bundles for sure and the longer they wait, the better chance of moving 500 dollar and up Wii bundles and 700 dollar and up PS3 preorders.

They are also most likely upgrading the servers to handle the load before they do, because your going to have countless people trying to click, type and check out before a crash loses their spot.

I just hope they have multiple bundles. I'm not paying for something that forces Madden and CoD on me.

[quote name='Mouse']I just hope they have multiple bundles. I'm not paying for something that forces Madden and CoD on me.[/quote]
they will prob have bundles like

Playstation 3 Sports/Racing Bundle w/Madden, NBA Live, Tiger Woods, Tony Hawk, Ridge Racer 7 three extra controllers, warranty

Playstation 3 Action Bundle w/Oblivion, Untold Legends, Resistance, FEAR, Call of Duty3, three controllers, warranty

Playstation 3 Ultimate Bundle w/ every launch game out, a bunch of extra accessories, and prob a Sony TV also, and some blu-ray movies maybe even a PSP with some games

I was actually talking about the Wii. I might consider Call of Duty on PS3. Personally, if they want you to buy a certain number of games with the console, just force us to, just let us choose our own games damn it.

[quote name='Sixtail']Don't count on EB/Gamestop online orders opening up till a week or two before launch. They are going to be forced bundles for sure and the longer they wait, the better chance of moving 500 dollar and up Wii bundles and 700 dollar and up PS3 preorders.

They are also most likely upgrading the servers to handle the load before they do, because your going to have countless people trying to click, type and check out before a crash loses their spot.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the server load is necessarily the biggest issue here. They're probably waiting to confirm their quantities and going from there. If they get enough to fill all the stores, they then bundle the rest. If they don't get enough anyway, they probably cut it in half and bundle the rest, and so on.

I know for the ps2, the best buy I go to just started selling when the store opened, no midnight launch. Dunno if that's all BBs, but I hope so since that's what I'm hoping for to get my ps3.

It begins at midnight at wally mart because I asked someone who worked there. She said that they will get about 6-10 PS3s and 13-25 wiis. She said people will be coming in line starting at 1pm and stand (or sleep) till midnight launch. But on the other hand she had no idea wtf either were until she asked someone else.

bread's done
Back