Undead Nightmare Collection RDR

phenommsu

CAGiversary!
Hey guys I check around to see if this was posted... didn't see it.

Xbox live is now offering the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare DLC, but you can also purchase the Undead Nightmare Collection the has all previous DLC for 1600pts. Good deal if you don't have the others. :bouncy:

Description:
The Undead Nightmare Collection combines the Undead Nightmare Pack, Liars and Cheats Pack & Legends and Killers Pack. Undead Nightmare Pack: An entirely new single-player campaign following John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly-infectious undead plague. Liars and Cheats Pack: Multiplayer Poker, Liar’s Dice, Horse Racing, Stronghold competitive mode and Explosive Rifle. Legends and Killers Pack: Nine new map areas, Multiplayer Characters from Red Dead Revolver and Tomahawk weapon.

I should've picked this up instead of just UDN, but I don't see myself playing those MP modes anytime soon...and I'm sure they will be on sale as a dotw eventually.

[quote name='mr_bungle']The standalone disc is just Undead Nightmare too, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

It's the Undead pack and the previously released dlc, Liars and Cheats and Legends and Killers.

This deal will also be available to PS3 owners. It will be $20 for all 3 dlc packs once the store updates today.

How long will this package deal last? I want to order it to lock in the package price, but I know I won't be playing this for a couple months.

Hm, this is a better deal than the $30 disc version. But dat boxart!

Does anyone known how the retail package is going to work? Will it just give me the DLC codes to use with my vanilla RDR disc, or will I only have access to Liars & Cheats etc if I'm running the Zombie disc?

Fudge, I was thinking this Undead Nightmare Collection was only going to be on disc on Nov 23, doh. So I just bought the Undead Nightmare Pack. Any chance I can get a refund and get the Collection instead of the Pack? Doh!

[quote name='D0RC']Fudge, I was thinking this Undead Nightmare Collection was only going to be on disc on Nov 23, doh. So I just bought the Undead Nightmare Pack. Any chance I can get a refund and get the Collection instead of the Pack? Doh![/QUOTE]

Nope, can't get a refund...do you play multiplayer though? Otherwise, there's really no need for the other two DLC packs, they are pretty much online stuff.

:hot:[quote name='dudejeff22']Hm, this is a better deal than the $30 disc version. But dat boxart!

Does anyone known how the retail package is going to work? Will it just give me the DLC codes to use with my vanilla RDR disc, or will I only have access to Liars & Cheats etc if I'm running the Zombie disc?[/QUOTE]

All the DLC is on disc and standalone. You won't need RDR to play it. Like GTAIV: Stories from Liberty City.

I was so pissed when I scrolled down and saw this on the marketplace, right after I bought Liars and Cheaters pack. I hadn't bought any of the Red Dead DLC yet and was just planning on getting Liars and Undead today, but then I saw I could've gotten the Heroes and Villains pack for free, gahh!!!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I waits for RDR GOTY Edition and hope it coming out soon![/QUOTE]get ready to wait until next mid next year lol

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Hopefully this is on PSN. I'm going to be pissed if my PS+ subscription only gets my 20% off like they announced last week.[/QUOTE]ahahah it is I just checked, that PLUS is sure worth it lolz

[quote name='maxim2boobles']hooray for MSRP. post here next time[/QUOTE]

STFU its buy 2, get 1 free on the DLC which if you haven't bought any yet is a great deal. FYI the Legends pack is the worst of the 3 pay ones so just consider that the freebie.

I wish Rockstar had said they were going to do this last month, I would have waited to get this instead of buying Undead and Liars separately.

Glad you guys liked it, like it has been said, "Its a great deal if you have RDR already with none of the packs and don't want to pay $30 for the standalone."

[quote name='maxim2boobles']hooray for MSRP. post here next time[/QUOTE]
Leave, please. If anything, this can be a glaring opportunity for anyone interested in the DLC who hasn't already purchased one. I was waiting for a sale price...Apparently, this is it....However, I think I'll wait longer.

I just started playing RDR and a friend on mine from CAG who I gameshare with was interested in the DLC and I wasn't so sure since I didn't play RDR till recently. With this bundle we'll now be getting it. MSRP or not to me and him it's a deal.

$19.99 bundle is on the PS Store. The store hasn't updated yet, but if you search for it, it's there.

Now I gotta get me a PSN card.

Oh man, I feel the need to ask a stupid question. I hear that the disc based Undead collection can be played without RDR. I'm guessing we'll need the original RDR disc for the DLC bundle on PSN/Xbox live though, right?

[quote name='EpicPotatohead']Tempted... I have yet to play RDR online, but I wanted this undead expansion, and buy 2 get 1 free is hard to resist...[/QUOTE]

I thought that too but think of it this way, do you really plan on playing a multiplayer game enough to justify buying the 3 in 1 pack? I decided to just get the zombie stuff and forget about the multiplayer stuff

I went for it. I haven't been playing even single-player RDR very long and the online stuff sounds fun, especially poker. Also, with that "spend 2400 Xbox points get 800" deal going until the 31st, I only need to spend 800 more, which won't be hard since there are lots of things on my "want to buy" list. So, that's kind of like another 2-for-1. :)

I figure if I get a few extra hours of fun out of it, it's worth the extra $10. That's the same price as a couple of beers, and how long do those last? ;-)

[quote name='CreepinDeth']:hot:

All the DLC is on disc and standalone. You won't need RDR to play it. Like GTAIV: Stories from Liberty City.[/QUOTE]

But it won't create a separate trophy list, right? I don't want it to look like I'm a trophy whore trying to double dip. :lol: I don't have any of the paid DLC, but I do have Outlaws to the End already.

[quote name='dudejeff22']But it won't create a separate trophy list, right? I don't want it to look like I'm a trophy whore trying to double dip. :lol: I don't have any of the paid DLC, but I do have Outlaws to the End already.[/QUOTE]

Good question and quite honestly, I'm not sure. My best guess would be no, since it would just contain trophies for the paid DLC and not for the free DLC.

It would probably be best to just wait and find out after it's released.

The Episodes from Liberty City disc didn't have a trophy list separate from GTA4. I don't think RDR will be any different.

And even if it is, the two trophy lists would have to be different given that the new disc doesn't include the single player game.

The RDR trophy list is sortable/groupable to Core/DLC so it can show different entires for each add-on pack. I assume the disc based DLC pack will just allow you to earn those trophies. I really like this feature, makes seeing what trophies you need/can even earn (if you don't have the DLC the trophies still show, which annoys me).

Someone wake me up when these packs are $1.99 each. Rockstar can still go fuck themselves for gimping the online in this game so they could end up nickel and diming people for costumes and modes that should've been in the game's online from the start for free.

Costumes are not worth $10, neither is 'omg zombie mode' or new hideouts to slog through while being shot at by griefing fuckin' idiots. If I wanna play a zombie game I'll play Resident Evil or Dead Rising 2.

Only good thing Rockstar has done lately is patch the main game to allow for a 'friendly' free roam where none of the online players can kill each other.

ill wake you up when that happens. while youre waiting consider that what dlc is WORTH is subjective. for a lot of us thats less than a couple hours work, big deal. and you are the very first person ive heard bitching about the existance of this dlc and the price. we're all entitled to our own opinion, but... you are wrong.

-just saw your title, touché.

The other DLC indeed should have been free, but the Undead Nightmare pack is absolutely worth $10. Your comments make you look uninformed.

bread's done
Back