Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (PS3) Available for Preorder 29.99

chimpmeister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Heads up for fans of great shmups, Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition (PS3 only as of right now) is available for preorder from:

Amazon (29.99):

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Defeat-...8&qid=1346873027&sr=1-1&keywords=under+defeat

Newegg (29.99) (DISCONTINUED: probably won't ever be shipped from Newegg, now an Amazon exclusive):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879797001

This was recently listed as an Amazon exclusive, and the XBox 360 EU retail version is region-locked; so no North American version for 360 at this time. If you like shmups and want to support Rising Star Games in their North American releases of great shmups (like Akai Katana which was also recently released), please preorder this game!

Sorry that this is not technically a "deal", but its always a big deal when a great shmup is localized for North America.

Screenshots:

2rp8vwk.jpg

10qkosp.jpg

6j3xmo.jpg

54srdi.jpg

pbwn5.jpg

i3b7kj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally forgot about this game! Ive been in the mood for a good ol' non bullet hell shmup and this will fit the bill nicely. Ordered!

Yeah, real bummer about this Newegg situation. I was trying to avoid getting taxed, but I guess you win this time Amazon. :whistle2:&

[quote name='kurtori']This game is awesome. I own the Dreamcast import, and the import PS3 limited edition, but just ordered the US version from Amazon to support the publisher.

Just a heads up that the max quantity Amazon is allowing me to add to my cart right now is 47 - so supplies may be running out! Then again they may have a ton more on the way - considering it's an exclusive though, it's very possible Amazon received the full shipment up-front.

Either way, if you're interested in a copy you might want to order soon to be safe. :)[/QUOTE]

it's been restocked. 999 worked.

This game definitely gives me a lot of good nostalgia. For anyone grew up playing this types of game on arcade machine, pretty certain you will like it.

Although my order is on the way, I was curious to see if it would limit me in ordering 999 copies of it. When I checkout, it says ''We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.''

and that number is 3, but when I hit continue, it again modify it down to 2. So stock could possibly be very low at the moment.

I own just about every release of the game (DC, DC Limited, PS3 JPN, X360 JPN Limited) and it's really an excellent shmup. I think G.rev previous shmup (chronologically) Border Down was better. Really hoping that the overall sales of UD justifies them to do a HD remake for Border Down as well.

It's too bad that it's not coming out here for 360. Especially since the install base of 360 among shmup players is much higher (as there's a lot more shmups on 360 than PS3). Back in 2006, I was sure the PS3 would be the console with more shmups because the Xbox brand always struggled in japan.

Thanks for the updates. I was waiting for Newegg to fulfill because I used a $15 promotional certificate on my preorder. Hopefully they will give me a new promotional certificate.

EDIT: Ordered from Amazon. Newegg was really good about it and said I'll get my promotional certificate back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't add 999 quantity and get through checkout; it let's you add that at first, but when you get to checkout, just before you submit, it changes to 3 for me. I'm beginning to think this may not have had a big print run; and being Amazon exclusive will further limit availability. I'm sure my Newegg order is going to be cancelled, but I sent them an inquiry yesterday about it; will post when I get a response.

Still no email from NewEgg. Still lists as "Pending Pre-order" in the Order History section. If they weren't going to carry it, an email would be nice.

Strange... after saying this was discontinued, they just shipped my preorder out this week. You'd think after 6 months they would at least ask if the order was still valid.

[quote name='frap']Strange... after saying this was discontinued, they just shipped my preorder out this week. You'd think after 6 months they would at least ask if the order was still valid.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, out of the blue they charged my card and shipped it (but gave me the $10 off promo making it $19.99). Oh well, one more extra copy of a great game never hurts. :)

bread's done
Back