Underworld Awakening Blu-ray 3D Steelbook - $19.99 w/U&S Coupon

Raven6009

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credit goes to DetroitSportsFan over at Blu-ray.com for the info and pics. $24.99 or $19.99 with a Upgrade & Save coupon. Releases on 5/8.

24xhnrp.jpg
24xhnrp.jpg

Very nice looking steelbook. I managed to pick up one of two that were left. I'm not sure how many they got but seeing as my store still has Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park steelbooks left over I doubt they got many more then the two that were on display.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If anyone can provide the Sony Rewards code included with this it'd be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Interesting how my post was deleted yet this one wasn't...

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']:roll:[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to quote one sentence of a few.

[quote name='Taco5']What's the issue? It is 2D as well..[/QUOTE]

I refuse to support 3D BD no matter what. Me buying it shows my support.

Picked one up today after work. In San Diego store. looks like that had a bunch of them, it actually looks like that was the only 3D version they had. Walked in and saw about 9 sitting in the display endcap, a few in the new releases and some on hold.

Wow,my first steelbook 3d movie purchase!

And I couldn't be more disappointed!

My bb had ten or more copies of the steelbook and who knows how many more were ready to be brought from the back.

Anyway,

I was happy to drive all the way to my bestbuy to find this hard to find steelbook copy of 'underworld,the awakening' or whatever it's called to spend my hard earned money on it. Which I sadly did.

I also found a copy of the 3d movie I have been wantintg to buy for some time 'megamind' for 22.00,so I purchased that also.

Don't waste your money on underworld. The 3d is atrocious. The movie is shot almost entirely at night, and the dark and 3d do not make for a great 3d experience.

Thank goodness I bought Megamind. Great 3d and great story.

Can I return Underworld since I opened it?

I didn't think so...

But I have a 3d steelbook!

Yea!

Yeah...

Yea...What a piece of crap

I didn't even know this was out in a Steelbook. I guess my chances are next to nothing come saturday if I want to get one.

[quote name='Romeo']

Nice of you to quote one sentence of a few.

[/QUOTE]

Probably because the sentence I quoted was the one I was rolling my eyes at?

Saw about five at my store but passed. Can't justify the price when it doesn't come with a DVD copy and I couldn't care less about 3D. I'd basically be buying a $20 steelbook and that's something I only reserve for games (GLARE FFXIII-2).

[quote name='Jodou']Saw about five at my store but passed. Can't justify the price when it doesn't come with a DVD copy and I couldn't care less about 3D. I'd basically be buying a $20 steelbook and that's something I only reserve for games (GLARE FFXIII-2).[/QUOTE]

Same here. Maybe if all 4 movies were available in steelbooks I'd try for the set.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Same here. Maybe if all 4 movies were available in steelbooks I'd try for the set.[/QUOTE]
Hence why I still don't know why I own all four RE movies in steelbooks. :lol:

[quote name='Jodou']Hence why I still don't know why I own all four RE movies in steelbooks. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guess I one-upped you and bought all 5 RE movies in steelbooks. Really not sure why.

Wow, I cannot believe the EBAY prices. Someone paid $21 for JUST THE CASE! I may pick this up as a collector item, watch one and sell...appears I could get my money back if I hate the movie. I don't really care it is a steelbook or not.

[quote name='ShadowX']The sticker on the front states, "Also plays in 2D." In addition, the back has the specs for the disc which reads, "2D and 3D MVC Encoded 3D." It feels like it is all in one disc.

Edit: What ssjmichael said![/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, does the disc have to be a flipper to accommodate 2D and 3D playback (a la BD/DVD combos), or is it single sided with some special encoding?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Guess I one-upped you and bought all 5 RE movies in steelbooks. Really not sure why.[/QUOTE]

Well I would be more than happy to take afterlife off your hands. But these guys who are selling these are either exploiting uninformed people or there are no more stock in the buyers area.

[quote name='kobra90']Well I would be more than happy to take afterlife off your hands. But these guys who are selling these are either exploiting uninformed people or there are no more stock in the buyers area.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Afterlife is part of the $7.88 deal, thus the higher prices. I paid a little more than that for it in the aftermarket just to complete my set (though I went with an opened copy to save some coin).

[quote name='WingsDJY']I don't believe Afterlife is part of the $7.88 deal, thus the higher prices. I paid a little more than that for it in the aftermarket just to complete my set (though I went with an opened copy to save some coin).[/QUOTE]

I know it wasn't. I went to walmart with the sku and they told me a nearby store had it in stock. So I drove over there and no such luck. So I've resorted to trying to find it elsewhere. Found it on ebay but the prices are ridiculous. But the latter part of my previous post was in reference to the people already flipping underworld.

[quote name='kobra90']I know it wasn't. I went to walmart with the sku and they told me a nearby store had it in stock. So I drove over there and no such luck. So I've resorted to trying to find it elsewhere. Found it on ebay but the prices are ridiculous. But the latter part of my previous post was in reference to the people already flipping underworld.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Back on topic since we've buried my question in page 3: Anyone know if this is a flipper disc? Or is the 2D and 3D encoding on the same side?

[quote name='GBAstar']Very nice looking steelbook. I managed to pick up one of two that were left. I'm not sure how many they got but seeing as my store still has Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park steelbooks left over I doubt they got many more then the two that were on display.[/QUOTE]

How much are they

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Back on topic since we've buried my question in page 3: Anyone know if this is a flipper disc? Or is the 2D and 3D encoding on the same side?[/QUOTE]
Just watched an unboxing and it's single sided disk. So I assume it's an option in the menu

[quote name='kobra90']Just watched an unboxing and it's single sided disk. So I assume it's an option in the menu[/QUOTE]Most 2D/3D single-disc presentations are single-disc without needing to flip.

It's a non-issue with a 2D-only player, as it'll play in 2D only. A 3D player gives you the option from the menu of playing in 2D or 3D.

Got the last copy at the 2nd BB I visited in the city. Played it on my PS3 with a 2D only tv and it's playing on 2D. Didn't even give me the option to switch. So no worries there.

Just a hint. Don't rely on the display with all the copies of Underworld. My local Best Buy (Owings Mills) had 3 in the Blu-ray section behind other normal Blu-ray copies of the movie. The actual display full of the movie didn't have a single one there.

Anyone who missed this may want to recheck their store. I went in today to get Skyrim and they restocked. I talked to the blu ray employee and he told me they got a whole box in. There were probably 20 on the shelf.

[quote name='junkie88']Anyone who missed this may want to recheck their store. I went in today to get Skyrim and they restocked. I talked to the blu ray employee and he told me they got a whole box in. There were probably 20 on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

...And at the $34.99 pricetag!

bread's done
Back