Universal Price Drops: July 2004

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I thought it might be helpful to keep a monthly list of games whose prices have dropped at all (or most) stores.
You can post in this thread, and myself and the Cheap Ass Moderators can update this original post.

June 2004

Katana: The Soul Controller (PS2) $99.99
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest (PS2) $29.99
SSX 3 (PS2, Xbox, GC) $19.99
Midnight Club II (PS2, Xbox) $19.99
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2) $19.99
Breakdown (Xbox) $19.99
Tenchu: Return From Darkness (Xbox) $29.99
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (PS2, Xbox, GC) $19.99
Soul Calibur II (PS2, Xbox, GC) $19.99
MOH: Infiltrator (GBA) $19.99
Sonic Adventure DX (GC) $19.99
Max Payne 2 (PS2, Xbox) $19.99
Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox) $29.99

July 2004

Deus Ex: Invisible War (Xbox) $19.99
LOTR: ROTK ( GCN. PS2, XBOX ) $29.99
Medal of Honor:RS ( All 3 ) $29.99
NHL 2004 ( All 3 )$ 29.99
Nascar Thunder 2004 ( PS2, XBOX ) $29.99
Deus Ex: Invisible War ( XBOX ) $19.99
Silent Scope Complete $29.99
Prince of Persia $19.99
Tony Hawk Underground THUG (All 3?) $19.99

Added a few- jmon22
Hey we have a new month, so why not a new price drop list??-jmon22
Thug added, needs confirming for the ps2/gamecube price -AzN_BaLLeR

I think Ralli Sport Challenge 2 is $29.99. At least that's the price at Game Rush and EB games.

Yeah I just added Max Payne 2 and Rallisport Challenge 2. If you need any more added just post them or PM me if I don't seem to update fast enough for your liking. :)

No, mario kart certainly is not worth 50 dollars

Ive been wondering for a long while when that was going to go down in price myself. But I certainly won't purchase it until then

You can buy Champions of Norrath for 26.99 used with the 25% AFF25 code at ebgames it comes too 20.24 (not including tax and shipping).
if that helps any

[quote name='drone8888']Mario Kart, is worth $50!!!

It is one of best games on the Cube.

I know its worth it.[/quote]
Really? I rarely think any game is worth $50. I think the only game coming out that I will pay full price will be Pikman 2 and RE 4.

Ninja Gaiden is worth $50 bucks. Hell if it came out at 60, 70 I would have paid it.
Excellent game.

Wow Xion, you would pay that much for Ninja Gaiden? What if it was Ninja Gaiden for the Gameboy? j/k I know your talking about the Xbox version and I love it too! Its challenging and really gives me a workout, sometimes I feel like throwing the controller (but I don't) But I'll bet you would pay that much for a signed by Tomonobu Itagaki.

So when does Medal of Honor: Rising Sun drop this month? Best Buy still sells it for $50. Who is selling it for $30?

[quote name='JC10001']So when does Medal of Honor: Rising Sun drop this month? Best Buy still sells it for $50. Who is selling it for $30?[/quote]

Target, all versions are 29.99

[quote name='lordopus99']I am pretty sure Prince of Persia is close to a gh/ph. We drop it to 19.99 today and TRU is doing it on the 15th.[/quote]

Who's "we?' CC? BB? Target?

heres some gc games that were just named players choice:

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun - \$29.99
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - \$19.99
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -\$29.99
Harry Potter: Qudditch World Cup - \$19.99
FIFA 2004 - \$29.99

strange how some are $29.99 when most 3rd party players choice games drop to $19.99.

Well, I saw this at a Wal-Mart(dunno how reliable they are here @ CAG), but I saw The Suffering(Xbox) for 29.99 @ my store. I also have seen the price of KOTOR(Xbox) jump from 50 to 24.44, back to 50, then back to 24.44(Seems they can't make their mind up I saw the price sticker ripped off several times before it was put back to 24.44)

[quote name='mobster011']heres some gc games that were just named players choice:

FIFA 2004 - \$29.99

strange how some are $29.99 when most 3rd party players choice games drop to $19.99.[/quote]

EA Sports games usually don't become PH/GH/PC, do they?

Yay Champions of NOrrath at Fry's is 19.99 been waiting for that one. can't wait to use my new knowledge of the GGC at BB to get Breakdown, SSX3, PoP and deus Ex.

[quote name='darth007']Silent Scope Complete lowered 10 to $29.99.[/quote]
Anyone know of a bundle deal of this game along with the Pelican light gun?

[quote name='mobster011']heres some gc games that were just named players choice:

FIFA 2004 - \$29.99

strange how some are $29.99 when most 3rd party players choice games drop to $19.99.[/quote]

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 has been PC for a long time.

[quote name='lordopus99']True Crime and THUG have drop. At Target, both are 19.99.[/quote]

*sigh* $20 for them still seems kinda high.

i saw the price drop list at Toys R us, (I work their) and tony hawk is now 29.99$ on ps2 while GC and PS2 is 19.99$, Prince of persia is 19.99$, a few pc games, adn many ps2 games droped

[quote name='talez'][quote name='lordopus99']True Crime and THUG have drop. At Target, both are 19.99.[/quote]

*sigh* $20 for them still seems kinda high.[/quote]

[quote name='Butt-head']
These balls aren't getting any cheaper![/quote]

Couldn't resist. :lol:

[quote name='ChrisXE']i saw the price drop list at Toys R us, (I work their) and tony hawk is now 29.99$ on ps2 while GC and PS2 is 19.99$[/quote]

I know you meant to type "Xbox" instead of PS2 somewhere. The question is, where?

Yeah, EB stores do not match prices with www.EBGames.com Last time I pointed out to the clerk that their website has the game for $5 cheaper, and he just gave me BS answers like "well with shipping it will come out the same," and he wouldn't match it.

And I think prices at Target and www.target.com are different too. I remember reading that Silent Hill 3 PS2 was on clearance for $7.48, but www.target.com still has it for $29.99

Just picked up True Crime (Xbox), Silent Hill 3 (PS2), and the Pokemon Colosuem Guide Limited Editon for $20 each at TRU. Total came up to be $60 so I could use the $10 off $50 purchase coupon...by the way, that coupon expires tomorrow, so print tons of them and give them out at the store for free!

Not sure if this exactly universal, and it has been posted before for EB, but it seems like almost all the stores that carry TMNT for GBA are selling it for $9.99. Again, I'm not sure about this so I'll delete my post if needed, but thought I would give the heads up if not.

[quote name='football0701']CHAMPIONS OF NORRATH IS NOW ONLY $19.99 beggining July 17!!!!![/quote]
I got that at Best Buy today, was going to post about it, looks like I dont need to.

morrowind GOTY edition has droped to 19.99 for xbox at gamestop and ebgames I believe now if only I can get it for 15 at BB with a GGC. :lol:

bread's done
Back