Universal Price Drops: September 2004

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I thought it might be helpful to keep a monthly list of games whose prices have dropped at all (or most) stores.
You can post in this thread, and myself and the Cheap Ass Moderators can update this original post. Previous list

September 2004

Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox) $30
Everything or Nothing (all) $20
Jak II (PS2) $20
Lifeline (PS2) $20
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) $30
NFL Street (all) $29
Ratchet & Clank II (PS2) $20
Rise to Honor (PS2) $20
Shadow Ops (Xbox) $20
SOCOM II (PS2) $20
Syphon Filter (PS2) $30 Get a $20 voucher at EB

When exactly do these prices take effect? I was over at Gamestop the other day and Rise to honor was still full priced.

[quote name='dcfox']When exactly do these prices take effect? I was over at Gamestop the other day and Rise to honor was still full priced.[/quote]

I know my local Wal-Mart just marked down Rise of Honor yesterday (9/8/04).

Most stores will drop them when they get the GH version in. If its still not marked $20, it should ring up that much or you just ask them to match the GH and it should be no prob.

[quote name='CheapyD']Hold on there chief, the list is a work in progress...the month ain't over yet![/quote]

After that there should be no one left wondering why the man is a cult icon.

Shadow Ops is $19.99 (XB)
Catwoman is $19.99 (all except GBA)

NFS:U was recently added as a platinum hit, though I doubt the price will budge until NFSU:2 comes out.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wow, Shadow Ops went down in price fast....what is it, it has only been out a month or so and it's already dropped.[/quote]The demo of the game sucked. It's not worth picking up for $20 if it's as bad as the reviews and the demo were.

Shadow Ops is a very bad military shooter. It feels like Soldier of Fortune without the gore. Its extremely buggy and the graphics look way to primitive for an xbox shooter. The game wouldn't have been too bad if I didn't keep getting stuck on things and having to kill myself and start the level over because of the bugs. Avoid it.

[quote name='rebthor']Really tempted by R&C2 and Jak2, but I feel like I have to play the originals first. :)[/quote]

Not unless you already own them. Everything the originals do, these sequels do even better.

[quote name='drone8888']Was Red Dead Revolver last month,???, or current??

$15 at BB, but that's with the GGC, of course.

:)[/quote]

Red Dead Revolver is still at $49.99 at Best Buy

Hmm....nothing too great. I knew jak & ratchet 2 would eventually hit $20....I bought them for full price but never really played them. I'm definitely gonna wait on the third games.

Jak II and R&C2 are awesome. I like them a lot better than the originals.

I'll to get the Chronicles of Riddick now...or maybe wait for another $10 price cut.

NO..... RED DEAD IS $15, with the GGC!!

I'll scan my receipt if you'd like.

Anyways, this is all chopped up.

007 EoN, Power Rangers, RotK, and Jimmy Neutron: Twonkies, for the GC, .... are all $15, after the GGC at BB.

A lot of these sell for $20 anyways, but $15 for almost any game isn't too bad.
BTW, EoN is totally awesome!!! I wouldn't have felt bad paying $40.

Yeah, I just noticed EoN dropped to $20 when I was out today, so I picked it up for $16 used @ GameStop. It is awesome, a whole lot better than I expected.

I don't know if this is an "universal" price drop, but I noticed Siren (PS2) is $19.99 at Circuit City. It could be ymmv, but I thought I'd mention it, just the same. It looks cool, but I still haven't finished Silent Hill 2 and 3, so I passed. :\

bread's done
Back