Unreal Anthology PC - $1.99 @ Gamestop (NEW)

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
You're insane if you own a PC capable of even the slightest bit of gaming, and don't pick this up if you don't own it. It was $4.99 for the longest time, so I guess Gamestop is finally sick of carrying copies of it.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63597

This is confirmed in store, already went with a friend to pick up her copy - tagged and rang up $1.99.

Includes -

Unreal 1 (with Na Pali expansion)
Unreal 2
The original Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Choice Edition
I also had a "Music of Unreal" CD in mine with about 20 - 30 music tracks from the 4 games.

Amazing deal for only $2... not sure how active 2004 servers are but last I checked there were still a few people on them. But hell, Unreal 1 is worth the $2.

A friend got this today, what surprised me the most was the copy they gave her was *sealed* instead of being the gutted copy (they had quite a few in store).. so you might get lucky.

If you're in the Tampa Bay, FL area, the Gamestop at Park and Belcher in Saint Petersburg still has at least 1 copy left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might pick this up if I can find it, IF I can afford it. ;) !!!

SCORE!!!!
CompUSA had this for $14.99 when they finally closed, I let it slip through my fingers then. Repercussion time!

How much is the shipping online?

Edit, nvm it's not available online anymore. I dont have a gamestop here though, oh well.

lol I'm in Tampa Bay area... hmm last one I played was Unreal Tourney 2004, that used to be soo hot haha, is Unreal Tourney III the latest one?

I never played ut until UT3 and i LOVED UT3. I hope its as good as that one but for 2 bucks who can complain.

Wow, and I thought when it was $5 it was a steal. Wish you could register 2k4 keys on Steam, but for what you get this is an insanely good deal.

[quote name='Edge']Wow, and I thought when it was $5 it was a steal. Wish you could register 2k4 keys on Steam, but for what you get this is an insanely good deal.[/QUOTE]

wonder why you can't :whistle2:? after all they let you do it for Unreal Tournament 3

I have a gamestop near me that has like 50 of them in a box.

Anyone PM me and pay me $3 (2 for the game and the rest for shipping), I'll ship you one.

Picked it up, my location (evanston, IL) had two left after I got mine. However, the employeers had that look in their eye that they were scooping up those last two copies.

I got two copies for me and my friend, but i know they are "new". You can tell they were shrink wrapped. As long as the cd keys work, I don't care.

i got one for 2 bucks and the guy was woah dude check this out 2 bucks!

he asked how i knew and i said its on your website.

This is a great deal, I play the UT collection more than UT 3 on m 360.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can load it on Steam and use Steam servers, unless you buy them on Steam.

[quote name='s2k']Yeah thats what mine was only 2 discs along with the serial key.[/QUOTE]
That's what mine was as well. They also had some copies of Devil Summoner 2 there as well. I picked up one of those, though I probably shouldn't have, considering my funds are tight right now.

[quote name='Brian9824']Snagged one yesterday. They only had one opened one left, is it really only 2 discs? 1 for games and 1 for music?[/QUOTE]

Yep, all the games weigh in at 8.90 GB and fit on the one disc.

There are enough mods, maps, and other custom content for these games to last an entire lifetime. That's an unbelievable deal!

I picked up a new (sealed) copy today. I'm surprised they had a bunch of sealed PC games out in the open.. Makes me wonder why they weren't gutted, or maybe gamestop doesn't usually gut PC games? I'm not sure how it works.

[quote name='sunghost']I picked up a new (sealed) copy today. I'm surprised they had a bunch of sealed PC games out in the open.. Makes me wonder why they weren't gutted, or maybe gamestop doesn't usually gut PC games? I'm not sure how it works.[/QUOTE]

Well there isn't much to gut in the first place, and it isn't worth much! But UT still packs so much fun. Its amazing how many servers are up out there. Heck I use to run one.

[quote name='technole']Well there isn't much to gut in the first place, and it isn't worth much! But UT still packs so much fun. Its amazing how many servers are up out there. Heck I use to run one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's worth it to me cuz I never got to play Unreal or Unreal 2. The only experience I've had with Unreal games are Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast and both Unreal Championship games for Xbox.

[quote name='52club']Picked it up, my location (evanston, IL) had two left after I got mine. However, the employeers had that look in their eye that they were scooping up those last two copies.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you were right. I called them to ask if they had any left and they just hung up on me. :cry:

Great deal...picked it up today. They only had a gutted copy out front, but the girl at the counter went to get my sealed copy from the back, so I guess that they have a good amount in the back room.

Got the last one in Echelon Village, NJ...cashier looked at the price and lamented that he didn't pick one up for himself :p.

Should I play Tournament 1 or 2004 first?

just got the last copy at my gs
also damn lucky clerks they were talkin to some other customer about games and then i mentioned that info about alan wake etc might come up at e3 and the clerks said theyre goin to e3+all the conferences except they can't make the MS one

Hey everyone listen up, there aren't any UA copies at the GameStops in Tallahassee,FL. So an employee noticed a town in GA which had some and they sent a copy over to my GS. Paid $2.14, NO S+H!

It's just a suggestion for those who are struggling to find Unreal Anth. for $1.99, ask an associate if they can transfer a copy from another store. Good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked 2 locations and they are out.
GS in the Century 21 Mall in NJ
GS at the Gardern Stat Mall in Paramus, NJ
I asked the employees and they said that it has been OOS for at least 3 months.

Readthepost

[quote name='flameo2000']
Should I play Tournament 1 or 2004 first?[/QUOTE]

They both have very different feels in terms of their gameplay. I've always felt that the original UT is more in your face, over the top rocket spam action while UT2k4 was more "floaty" in that there were a variety of ways of dodging/jumping in the game. As a result the game often felt more hitscan dependent overall. If you're looking for the larger online playerbase, UT2k4 is probably larger.

I got the last one at my closest store yesterday.

My favorite part of the sale was noticing the box was open and you could easily spot the cd-key. I asked if they had a new copy and I got a no.

The clerk then put a sticker on the flap to make sure I didn't open it and return, classy.

bread's done
Back