Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ BestBuy.com

The Best Buy in Mankato MN had several copies on the shelf (and probably a lot more in back) for $4.99. I picked up two, I already bought a used copy half a year ago for $12, but for the price this one should be fun for LAN parties.

The Quail Springs Mall BB in OKC has a crap load on the shelf and on the overstock shelves. I had bought one used a while back, and I simply had to get another for this price.

I don't have the means to play LAN.

I don't even own an XBox.

But I bought the game twice.

THAT IS HOW DAMN GOOD THIS GAME IS.

Decided to pick this up mainly because of the good word from fellow CAG's. I'm sure it will be worth the $5 as Unreal games haven't disappointed me in the past.

i j ust got mine in the mail...this is weird

it was shrink wrapped, but u know the white xbox sticker on te side, there was a slit on it as if it was opened and the instruction book was little tears on it like it was used. its only 5.99 so i wont complain, but this was supposed to be a new copy

I'm really tempted to jump on this, especially since my local BB has it in stock, but I already have Unreal Tournament 2004 for my PC - is it different enough/good enough to warrent a purchase even though I already have 2K4?

It is a completely different ball game from UT2K4, or, to be honest, anything I've played in memory. The emphasis in UC2 is more on the array of characters (Fast and weak to slow and tough), melee weaponry being just as useful as gunplay (Though that depends on your character's size), and lots of wild wall-jumping acrobatics. Adrenalin moves also make each character unique, et al. The entire thing bears little resemblence to UT2K4 (Except in guns and a few characters), but is itself an excellent game.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I'm really tempted to jump on this, especially since my local BB has it in stock, but I already have Unreal Tournament 2004 for my PC - is it different enough/good enough to warrent a purchase even though I already have 2K4?[/quote]
in ut2k4, all the characters are basically the same besides looks...there is more personality and specialties to each character in uc2...get it now

remember to post your gamertag here if you have xbox live and get this game:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103607

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I'm really tempted to jump on this, especially since my local BB has it in stock, but I already have Unreal Tournament 2004 for my PC - is it different enough/good enough to warrent a purchase even though I already have 2K4?[/quote]

It's like a 3rd person action game guest starring the Unreal Tournament universe. It's effing faster and more insane than UT2k4.

[quote name='Justin42']Still showing $4.99 for me?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I meant to click on the Amazon thread, I didn't realize the same deal was at BB!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Want it if for no other reason than the Mortal Kombat characters that are unlockable.[/QUOTE]

Just one, Raiden.

Great deal on a great game nonetheless.

[quote name='FurryCurry']It's like a 3rd person action game guest starring the Unreal Tournament universe. It's effing faster and more insane than UT2k4.[/quote]

actually, i think ut2k4 is a faster-paced game...but that's just me

So, this game is still in-stock locally and I'm thinking about picking up some copies for myself and friends. First, though, I have a question about playing over system link. The game normally supports 1-2 players on a single console. When using system link (not XBox live), are you limited to one player per console, or can you still have two players on each XBox? I normally game with three friends, and while we can easily set up two consoles in a single house, four of them would be a pain.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

I picked up this game a while ago, and the thing wont load in my Xbox!
All other games load fine, UC2 gives an error about it not being able to recognize the disc.

Sounds like no one else is having this problem, so the game is still a good buy. I just want to figure out what's wrong (and, no, my system is not modded)

bread's done
Back