Unreal Tournament 2004 PC $6.99 after PM @ CC

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
If this is a repost please delete. I checked, but didn't see anything.

CC: Unreal Tournament 2004 $6.99 + tax after PM (no rebate) - 6 CD version

Thanks to the guys at Slickdeals for this one.

CompUSA has Unreal Tournament for $9.99

Cut and paste link
compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=307930

Circuit City has this for $39.99

After CC's 110% pricematch, you can pick up a copy for $6.99 + tax.

So, do I just need to print out that Comp USA link with the price listed on it and take it into Circuit City to get them to price match it?

Yes that's what I did. Unfortunately, my CC followed procedure and called CompUSA and found the game is OOS at my local store, so they wouldn't price match. :cry:

Question of course is why this version, which seems to be the originally released version on CDROM, would be worth picking up over the Editor's Choice version?

Editor's choice has six new onslaught maps, three new onslaught vehicles, six new characters, eleven additional mods, and, of course, the DVD with the tutorial.

[quote name='Scorch']Editor's choice has six new onslaught maps, three new onslaught vehicles, six new characters, eleven additional mods, and, of course, the DVD with the tutorial.[/QUOTE]

Are the items other than the DVD tutorial downloadable from Atari's website?

it was said that all additional mods, characters, skins etc. are downloadable for free, but not the dvd tutorial

this game is one of the most value-packed (so much content) game i have played as an fps...so much mod support, etc. that some of the mods are like entirely new games

to anyone with a pc that can handle it...you better get it now :)

plus after it is installed with all the patches, you never need to use the discs again, so it really does not matter what format you buy it in (who really needs a tutorial for UT? )

[quote name='shrike4242']Question of course is why this version, which seems to be the originally released version on CDROM, would be worth picking up over the Editor's Choice version?[/QUOTE]

Well not only is the original 6-CD version $30 cheaper, but if I understand correctly, everything that comes in the editor's choice special edition excluding the Unreal-Editor tutorials can be legally downloaded for free from various file-hosting sites.

Just got back from the Cool Springs Circuit City and scored the only copy they had on display. Since my home printer was out of ink I just printed off that Comp USA page from a Circuit City computer kiosk and the cashier gave me the discount without even checking to see if the game was in-stock at the local Comp USA (so if you're hesitant about trying this even though your local Comp USA(s) has/have no copies in stock, it might be worth the trip).

Much thanks for posting this deal, as I'm a huge fan of the original UT but just recently gained access to a computer that can run the new game.

bread's done
Back