Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 $10 at TRU (it has trophies)

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So I just went to TRU to get KZ2 and saw UT3 for $9.98. This game is really good specially with the new "titan pack" coming this thursday that will add trophies and split screen.

Already have the game so I don't need the deal, but I didn't know about the Titan Pack. Split screen and trophies is exactly what this game needs! Thanks.

[quote name='yort9']Did you see if the Xbox version is also the same price?[/quote]
Try your local Target's clearance rack, the 360 version of UT3 got marked down to $10 there.:cool::cool::cool:

When it comes to Unreal Tournament, PC is best platform. Splitscreen with the PS3 would be excellent. I wonder if TRU has PC versions of the game.

[quote name='husyk']When it comes to Unreal Tournament, PC is best platform. Splitscreen with the PS3 would be excellent. I wonder if TRU has PC versions of the game.[/quote]

UT3 for PS3 has mouse and keyboard support

Its the not the controls I'm concerned about, its the community. PC has a large modding community compared to PS3 version. That might change with the new interface and mod browser.

[quote name='husyk']Its the not the controls I'm concerned about, its the community. PC has a large modding community compared to PS3 version. That might change with the new interface and mod browser.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

I shouldn't really worry about this IMO.

It will always have its followers whatever platform its played on, its just one of those games.

Saint

This has already been mentioned in the TRU clearance thread.

I got my copy for $7.98 when they were also giving 20% off clearance titles.

haha, people are willing to pay $10 for a shitty game just because it has trophies?

I have 560 trophies as of right now, I like getting them for games I enjoy, but never understood why people play bad games just because it has some meaningless achievement. But I have to hand it to them for still supporting this dead game, I wish more developers would take note.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']haha, people are willing to pay $10 for a shitty game just because it has trophies?

I have 560 trophies as of right now, I like getting them for games I enjoy, but never understood why people play bad games just because it has some meaningless achievement. But I have to hand it to them for still supporting this dead game, I wish more developers would take note.[/quote]

Who said that this game was shitty or dead? You are quite wrong on both accounts.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Who said that this game was shitty or dead? You are quite wrong on both accounts.[/quote]

Dude, the game is DEAD. I owned it for close to a year and sold it because nobody plays it online, and this is a game thats meant to be played online.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Dude, the game is DEAD. I owned it for close to a year and sold it because nobody plays it online, and this is a game thats meant to be played online.[/QUOTE]

That is odd... I didn't have any problems finding matches a month or so ago.

It is really nice that the MODs work on the PS3 version. I loaded up a lego mod a month or two ago and had some fun with that.

[quote name='husyk']When it comes to Unreal Tournament, PC is best platform. Splitscreen with the PS3 would be excellent. I wonder if TRU has PC versions of the game.[/QUOTE]

If not, it should be $20 pretty much everywhere. I got my copy at Half-Price Books for $15. As for the Titan Pack, it adds 16 maps, 2 new gametypes (Greed and Betrayal), the Titan mutator, 2 new weapons, new power-ups, a new vehicle, 2 new characters, PS3 trophies/Steam achievements, and improved AI :)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Dude, the game is DEAD. I owned it for close to a year and sold it because nobody plays it online, and this is a game thats meant to be played online.[/quote]

that's odd. we have a solid CAG following of ut3 which is tons of fun. we meet once a week. and every time there's usually some pub'ng going on. tons of private games are going on for the ps3 in the ut3 community. it's far from DEAD or SHITTY like br has said. limitless potential w/ mod support. fsck trophies or titan mode, this game is pretty good as is. BOMBING RUN!

I also already have the game but didn't know about the Titan Pack. I've been itching to play the game again lately, and I think trophies will be what pushes me over the edge to do so. GREAT game imo! :)

Dead? Not dead? The titan pack is finally going to do away with the miserably inept method of adding mods to the game, so my interest is back in it.

Anyone know if this still has an active community?

I had UT3 PS3 when it came out. I enjoyed the game quite a bit, and loved that it had keyboard and mouse support (i wish more console devs would do this). But the community didn't seem very active, it was hard to find games. Has this changed at all?

Had it on 360 and loved it but no-one to play with so I sold it but if CAGs play it on PS3 I will gladly pick it up again on PS3 with Trophies just being a bonus.

Why is this thread still alive?

It's on clearance at TRU and been on clearance for over a month now.

This thread should be merged with the TRU clearance therad.

bread's done
Back