Unreal Tournement 2004 (PC) $40 shipped free + $20 gift voucher at EBgames

In the past, I've had customer service reps tell me that photocopies are fine...

I've just emailed my contact at EBgames headquarters and hope to have a definitive answer for you soon.

I just sent a photocopy for the Hunter:Redeemer $10 rebate and it worked fine. I used the UPC cutout for the VU $10 rebate.

EBgames.com definitely takes photocopies, but it could be YMMV and not policy.

The "official" word from my EB contact says that they are not accepting photocpies at this time due to fraud concerns.

Do people really save the PC game boxes?

[quote name='CheapyD']The "official" word from my EB contact says that they are not accepting photocpies at this time due to fraud concerns.

Do people really save the PC game boxes?[/quote]

Now that they have gotten smaller I save some of them - especially if they have a big manual, map, lots of cd's, etc.

EDIT:

Is it true that we also get a $10 manufacturer's rebate on top of the $20 gift voucher if we pre-order UT2004?

This is what the EB site says "Pre-order and receive a $10 Manufacturer Rebate and a $20 EB gift voucher!"

I save the PC games boxes as I said before.. especially if they're special edition. I used to save the boxes from PC hardware but it got to the point where I didn't have any more space in my room. It took a breakup to make me turn a new leaf and start getting rid of my crap... but I still save all the PC and XBox boxes and try to keep them all in good condition in case I want to sell them *ahem* shameless plug http://www.tradegamesnow.com/index.cfm?act=user&un=magilacudy&view=list *ahem*

[quote name='Scrubking'] Is it true that we also get a $10 manufacturer's rebate on top of the $20 gift voucher if we pre-order UT2004?

This is what the EB site says "Pre-order and receive a $10 Manufacturer Rebate and a $20 EB gift voucher!"[/quote]

I talked to the manager at the EB near where I live and it seems theres a couple of rebates. One he said that if you buy the UT2004 strategy guide additionally you can get some money back. But you have to like rip off the cover and send it back to them (which seems kind of wrong to me on so many levels). The other rebate is instant $10 I believe, if you trade in UT2003 and another game you can get 2k4 for only $9.99. This may vary by store and I may be incorrect on this but maybe someone can confirm those deals.

do i have to preorder the game to be able to take advantage of this deal or can i just buy the game in-store anytime before the expiration date which is April 5, 2004?...it doesnt specify that it has to be a preorder so i am wondering if i can just buy it the day the game comes out? I dont want to wait 6-12 days for the game unless this is the only way to get the savings. Also is the game going to retail for 40?

thanks for any or all answers to my questions

is anyone planning on not buying ut2k4???

i'd like to pay for someones ut2k4 se since there are no more left at eb... that 20 dollar rebate looks might nice :whistle2:/

can someone email me at mx2323*removethis*@bellsouth.net if they didn't plan on ordering ut2k4 se?

the removethis thingy is so that internet scanning bots or whatever won't take my email and send me spam...

guys? what to do? they sold out on the damn special edition...i dont know why the hell iw aited so long to do it..damn it....anyway on getting the savings now????

here's the latest news.

TO get the upgrade $10 rebate, proof of purchase, a reciept from ut2k4 purchase and the little voucher inside the box, this comes directly from the Atari site. EB B and M will give you a gift reciept if you ask and you can use that for the $20 EB specific rebate, however there was no mention of what you do if you get it online.

Local stores I have called have stopped taking pre-orders on the SE edition, that might just be locally, not nationally.

For anyone else looking to get UT2004 and can't preorder. Best Buy will have both versions (SE and non-SE) for $29.99. Great deal. It's in this Sunday's ad.

Got a question, though. The pic of the mic is different from the one I believe CheapyD posted. Which is it?

I'll keep my pre-order at EB on since there's the $20 rebate there. Still a good deal.

Yeah, I think it is Logitech. The one CheapyD (?) posted once was red though and wasn't sure if it was the same.

Time to clear out some room on my HDD. The monstrous UT2004 and BF:Vietnam this week and then FarCry next.

Man, I gotta hand it to EB, I picked free shipping and it got here TODAY. It isn't the best pic in the world, but here's everything that comes with the DVD special edition of UT2K4 for the record.

http://thakagepage.homestead.com/files/UT2k4.jpg

(Not sure how much bandwidth my homestead account will allow so if the pic is down it's because it reached it's daily limit.)

Anyways, the game comes in a handsome metal slipcover with the UT emblem embossed on the front. The back of the box where the UPC is is detachable so no box surgery is necessary. The headset is the Logitech Internet Chat headset, it's quite sleek and thankfully has two earpieces and both a microphone and headphone jack so you don't have to have another set of speakers playing the game's sound. It also has a slick little volume control unit on it to boot. Note that it plugs into standard headphone/mic sized audio sockets and isn't USB, so you can't use it on your PS2 unfortunately. Can't wait to install it up but I've gotta make some room! On the box it says 5.5 gigs are required and I've got some DVD burning to do.

[quote name='russtophiles']Man, I gotta hand it to EB, I picked free shipping and it got here TODAY...[/quote]

Yup, me too.

[quote name='russtophiles']Man, I gotta hand it to EB, I picked free shipping and it got here TODAY. It isn't the best pic in the world, but here's everything that comes with the DVD special edition of UT2K4 for the record.

http://thakagepage.homestead.com/files/UT2k4.jpg

(Not sure how much bandwidth my homestead account will allow so if the pic is down it's because it reached it's daily limit.)

Anyways, the game comes in a handsome metal slipcover with the UT emblem embossed on the front. The back of the box where the UPC is is detachable so no box surgery is necessary. The headset is the Logitech Internet Chat headset, it's quite sleek and thankfully has two earpieces and both a microphone and headphone jack so you don't have to have another set of speakers playing the game's sound. It also has a slick little volume control unit on it to boot. Note that it plugs into standard headphone/mic sized audio sockets and isn't USB, so you can't use it on your PS2 unfortunately. Can't wait to install it up but I've gotta make some room! On the box it says 5.5 gigs are required and I've got some DVD burning to do.[/quote]

Is the silver case an actual metal case or just foil cardboard? I'm really hoping it's a metal case :)

It is indeed metal. Sweet GLORIOUS metal, but you can see under the metal slipcase that the normal cardboard packaging was stuck inside of it. The top of the box that you actually open is cardboard since it's part of the box inside and the slipcase doesn't cover the top and bottom and a small middle section of the back.

[quote name='russtophiles']Man, I gotta hand it to EB, I picked free shipping and it got here TODAY. It isn't the best pic in the world, but here's everything that comes with the DVD special edition of UT2K4 for the record.
.[/quote]

I ordered mine on Feb 10th, paid for 2nd day shipping, and it's still listed as open. I called the 800 # and the eb rep said it will ship late tonight or early tommorow, and I won't get it till Thursday. I'm pissed that I paid extra for shipping, ordered very early, and am getting it so late. I doubt I will be preordering anything else from ebgames.com

[quote name='russtophiles'] the game comes in a handsome metal slipcover with the UT emblem embossed on the front. The back of the box where the UPC is is detachable so no box surgery is necessary. The headset is the Logitech Internet Chat headset, it's quite sleek and thankfully has two earpieces and both a microphone and headphone jack so you don't have to have another set of speakers playing the game's sound. It also has a slick little volume control unit on it to boot. Note that it plugs into standard headphone/mic sized audio sockets and isn't USB, so you can't use it on your PS2 unfortunately. Can't wait to install it up but I've gotta make some room! On the box it says 5.5 gigs are required and I've got some DVD burning to do.[/quote]

doesn't it also come with the UT car emblem?

People who preordered it back when that was up might get it, but as far as I know they dropped that bonus in favor of the $20 mail in rebate.

Well, EB B&M called me to say that it was there, but when I actually showed up they told me there was no gift voucher period. This despite the fact that I was told over the phone and when I actually preordered that there was a 20$ rebate. Oh well, I cancelled. Hopefully I'll be able to find one at a Best Buy or Fry's Electronics.

Buyer beware - I read on another forum EB was actually switching SE orders with the regular version without notifying the customer.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Buyer beware - I read on another forum EB was actually switching SE orders with the regular version without notifying the customer.

Jeremy[/quote]

Is that EB stores, or EBGames.com ?

just got mine today. They sent it via UPS 3-day shipping.. sweet. Got here in 2 days.
I like the headset they gave me. with $20 credit and it's only $10 for the game..

They are practically giving the game away. Wow...

I was surprised it got here in two days as well. I picked the free shipping option at EB as well.

The DVD bonus is really good. I'd always wondered how to work these editors and I'm getting into it and hopefully learn.

The headset is pretty nice as well. Now only if I can get it to work.

now I think about it. this is CAG dream come true. free fast shipping, free quality stuff with the game, excellent *new" game.. with bonus tutorial DVD.. for $10 after rebate. even if I didn't get $10 off and got it at $20, it'd been good.

now, only if they made it instant credit instead of mail in rebate... it'd been perfect.

Can't wait to go home and try this game. it's gonna be great.

[quote name='misbitski']Car emblem is a piece of plastic with adhesive pads on the back. Kind of weak, but who can complain with it being free.[/quote]

Did you get that with the $20 rebate as well? It didn't come with my pre-order SE package. Not that I'm complaining with it being $16 with my Gamespot rebate. It would have true cheap ass territory with the UT2003 rebate (this is the first Unreal game I've ever bought).

Just received my SE DVD copy - I'm terribly impressed. Not only is it loaded with goods, but the $20 and $10 rebates making for a $10 purchase is just incredible. And to top it off, EB sent it 3-day select rather than media mail (too big?) which always takes 2 weeks to reach me.

Once again, another score thanks to CAG.

[quote name='rile0161'][quote name='jrutz']Buyer beware - I read on another forum EB was actually switching SE orders with the regular version without notifying the customer.

Jeremy[/quote]

Is that EB stores, or EBGames.com ?[/quote]

EBGames.com

[quote name='jrutz']Buyer beware - I read on another forum EB was actually switching SE orders with the regular version without notifying the customer.

Jeremy[/quote]

jrutz,

This happened to me. Which forum did you see the thread? I can't seem to find it.

Thanx

can anyone find a site that sells UT2k4 SE. i really want to get it. i went everywhere all sold out. i went to bestbuy, circuitcity, amazon, ebgames, gamestop, outpost. all gone.!!! :cry:

[quote name='darkshadows6000'][quote name='jrutz']Buyer beware - I read on another forum EB was actually switching SE orders with the regular version without notifying the customer.

Jeremy[/quote]

jrutz,

This happened to me. Which forum did you see the thread? I can't seem to find it.

Thanx[/quote]

I remember reading this on the Gamefaqs UT2k4 message board. I got mine today and it was the special edition, like I ordered. Perhaps you should call EB.

I picked up mine at EB B&M yesterday. I got the 2nd to last one. I was lucky because the last one had a huge ass dent in the middle. :)

I have yet to install the game because I'm too lazy to put in my DVD drive.

Arrgh, I wish I reserved this, I'm such a dumbass ](*,) . I called 9 Best Buys, an EB and a Gamestop, and no luck (Best Buy is selling the regular and SE for $30).

bread's done
Back