Update 1/16 - So Gamestop "attempted" to deny me an exchange on a defective product.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Yes, concern for your fellow human is interesting, but I don't feel it's "dumb as shit", in fact I make a habit of it. Lots of people do, actually, but you probably don't get much interaction with us.[/quote]
How you came to the conclusion that I have no concern for my fellow man is beyond me. If its because I put my families entertainment/enjoyment of a above that of a stranger, than so be it, I'm guilty as charged. I can't even see how there is any relevance in this to the post. I'm still completely blown away by the fact that youre attacking me for wanting to exchange a defective product because it might keep someone else from enjoying it. How absurd is that statement when you say it out loud? We arent talking about scalping here. I didnt buy Rock Band in order to resell it, I bought it to play it.

The problem is you had 1 item broken, so you claim, and there was a well known and established procedure for handling it which would have potentially benefited you more, and done no harm to other consumers. In your trite example you attempt, unsuccesfully, to compare a TV, which are never in short-order, to your video game.
While it makes absolutely no difference if it was 1 broken item or the entire bundle was defective; I did have 2 broken items (only the microphone worked correctly) as I made mention of in post #42.

"Anyway, the broken part(s) was the guitar strum bar (no down strum) and the red drum pad (only registering 1/3 of the notes)"

If youre going to invalidate my example because TV's arent in short order (even though I made it clear it was a "hot item and a hard to find TV), then I guess the same goes for your argument as there are other video games out there (even similar ones to Rock Band).

While the concept of concern for your fellow human can be applied outside of your Rock Band bundle, such as with Wii scalping (by not doing it), it's a concept in which the end result will vary according to the situation. And in your example you still fail to note that there was an established procedure which results in a quick turn-around, and not having to trash an entire boxed bundle, and sometimes results in a free item from the publisher/manufacturer.
You're completely off base. I don't fail to recognize that there is an established RMA procedue, I just don't believe I should have to deal with an RMA procedure on a brand new item that's within its return period. Taking it a step further I've taken advantage of the RMA policy as the replacement bundle I received also had a faulty guitar. I made mention of this in post #44. The free game was only for for a 2 week period immediately after the game was released and does not apply to anyone in the last month. You can also find my tracking # in post #44 for my current RMA. I placed the RMA Saturday morning and it has not shipped yet. Its easy to argue that its because of the weekend & the holidays (even though UPS did run on Monday), but that only further proves my point that I shouldnt have to deal with RMA when I can simply exchange it at the store. Assuming it ships tomorrow (and Im not holding my breath), thats 5 days to process my order and then another 2 days to receive it. Lets take it a step further and assume it wont ship until Thurs... UPS doesnt run on the weekends so now we are talking 9 days minimum. No thanks, Id rather drive 15min to Wal-mart and exchange it. I'm only doing the RMA process this time so that I can say Ive been there and done that. Now I get to hope that the replacement, when I finally do get it, is new, working, and for the right system. A lot of people who have been through the RMA process havent been that lucky. Lets not forget the $125 hold on my credit card I had to pay so that I could get the quick RMA... otherwise its more like 3-4 weeks instead of 9 days. I also better hope they receive my old guitar back w/o any problems or this "quick & easy" RMA will cost me almost as much as a new bundle.

Obviously. You're only human, sadly. I shouldn't expect you to be the Zarathustra of the gaming world. Nonetheless what about other peoples hard earned money, the fact you're trashing an entire box bundle for 1 piece, and that you're crying about the treatment received from underpaid employees as a video game store?
Again you are wrong, and again whether it was 1 piece or not doesnt make a difference. Also, what the employees are paid and whether its sufficient isnt for us to decide and has nothing to do with the treatment of customers and the honoring of posted return policies.

Where's the part about the PS3? Should've gone with the 360 version then, eh? I'm not a mind reader...yet
Post #42

"As a PS3 owner, this decision would be a LOT easier to make if I could use my GH3 controller with Rock Band. Hell if I could do that I probably wouldnt even send in the RB controller to get fixed as Id never use it."

Anyway, you seriously failed here. Want to try me again? I left you lots of ripe little holes to take advantage of...but I doubt you're that smart :(

Who cares that he returned his defective bundle? How does it effect anyone else? Blame EA.

As I already said, I would have returned it in a heartbeat. And some kid at Gamestop wouldn't tell me otherwise. If you are going to sell something for $180, it better work. The worst thing he did was keep someone else from getting another defective bundle.

I don't know why this issue seems to be such a mess. First off, consumers have no inherent "right" to simply return merchandise once purchased. However, when any retailer posts a return policy it becomes a legally binding contact with the buyer upon purchase. If the return policy says "All sales final" then all sales are final, regardless of what the manufacturer of a product says. Likewise, if the return policy is "Any defective merchandise may be returned for a full refund or exchange within 7 days" then, any defective merchandise can be returned within that time period regardless of what the manufacturer says. The only way GS can refuse the return of a defective product would be if their return policy stated that product as an exception to the normal rule i.e. "Any defective merchandise may be returned for a full refund or exchange within 7 days except where otherwise noted. All sales of Product X are final and any defective merchandise must be returned directly to the manufacturer for repair/replacement or refund at their sole discretion" While the wording and cases can vary, the point here is that unless GS clearly marks rock band bundles as an exception to their normal return policy and the return policy has wording allowing for exceptions, the customer is within their rights to return the product based on the original terms of purchase.

[quote name='l337m4573rpyr0']I don't know why this issue seems to be such a mess. First off, consumers have no inherent "right" to simply return merchandise once purchased. However, when any retailer posts a return policy it becomes a legally binding contact with the buyer upon purchase. If the return policy says "All sales final" then all sales are final, regardless of what the manufacturer of a product says. Likewise, if the return policy is "Any defective merchandise may be returned for a full refund or exchange within 7 days" then, any defective merchandise can be returned within that time period regardless of what the manufacturer says. The only way GS can refuse the return of a defective product would be if their return policy stated that product as an exception to the normal rule i.e. "Any defective merchandise may be returned for a full refund or exchange within 7 days except where otherwise noted. All sales of Product X are final and any defective merchandise must be returned directly to the manufacturer for repair/replacement or refund at their sole discretion" While the wording and cases can vary, the point here is that unless GS clearly marks rock band bundles as an exception to their normal return policy and the return policy has wording allowing for exceptions, the customer is within their rights to return the product based on the original terms of purchase.[/quote]

Succinctly written, and precise. It is that simple. Although, the consumers do have rights, maybe not inherent, like the freedom of speech (in this country per say), particularly on defective products; thus the creation of the better business bureau and the advent of government mandated recalls. This is, of course, an aside to the already obvious return policies in effect for most retailers.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Although, the consumers do have rights, maybe not inherent, like the freedom of speech (in this country per say), particularly on defective products; thus the creation of the better business bureau and the advent of government mandated recalls. This is, of course, an aside to the already obvious return policies in effect for most retailers.[/quote]

Agreed -- There are laws retailers have to abide by. I didn't really want to touch on it though as this can vary by state and even county (I know Erie county here in New York has some strict laws on marked prices, for example).
The main issue (from the original post anyways) is revolving around a lawful return policy.

i wouldnt trust this....

My friends rockband drums just broke so he sent it in and a week later he gets a box back...

But one problem

he gets the Ps3 version drums back instead of the 360 drums he requested...

and im hearing stories of people getting completely empty boxes....

[quote name='l337m4573rpyr0']I don't know why this issue seems to be such a mess. First off, consumers have no inherent "right" to simply return merchandise once purchased. [/quote]
You're only partly right. The consumer has no absolute right to return merchandise once purchased, except when the merchandise is defective. From here:

What if a new purchase is defective?

If a new product has a defect it should be returned to the place of purchase immediately regardless of the store's return policy. Defective purchases are covered by the Federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. New, unused products have an implied warranty regarding their fitness for purpose and use. When you return a defective product in its original package and condition the merchant must refund the purchase price or replace the item unless it was sold "as is."
Laws vary by state regarding returns for other reasons, of course.

[quote name='elmyra']You're only partly right. The consumer has no absolute right to return merchandise once purchased, except when the merchandise is defective. From here:

Laws vary by state regarding returns for other reasons, of course.[/quote]

If you dont mind, I plan to copy this for use on another forum where we are having a smiliar argument. Thanks.

[quote name='elmyra']You're only partly right. The consumer has no absolute right to return merchandise once purchased, except when the merchandise is defective. From here:

Laws vary by state regarding returns for other reasons, of course.[/quote]

I stand corrected. I just wonder how long this protection extends. I didn't see any length stated in the article.

[quote name='jer7583']There's no reason to have to pay GameStop extra to replace a broken product. That's inexcusable.

Although I'm not sure if Gamestop really can be totally blamed here. If they're this adamant about not taking them back, I'm sure EA is putting some pressure on them not to send the rock band bundles back to them directly by not fully crediting them for defective rock bands sent by stores. If that is the case, you can see why any store wouldn't want to eat what is probably at least a $150 loss on a product.[/QUOTE]

there is no need? 3 bucks to replace two guitars on guitar hero 1! Hell yeah, broke one about a month in and 9 months later, got both pulled out of new boxes, it was great, for 3 bucks by the way, don't know if mentioned it. didn't have to wait, didn't have to call, just walk in and walk out. Personally I don't care if they eat 150 bucks or 150,000 bucks, they make it, gamestop offers replacement (which they know they were doing), they can eat it, and like it, and make a better product next time (not to say people are just a$$es who break they for the hell of it, but whatever)....

[quote name='reibeatall']It's an analogy to the Rock Band thing.

The officer is the giver of the ticket; however, the officer is not the law, he represents the city/county/ect.
You go to the courthouse to take care of the ticket.

The store sells you Rock Band; however, the store is not the maker, they simply pass along the merchandise.
You go to the maker, EA, to take care of the product.[/quote]

Thats the worst analogy ever. Gamestop clearly states on their receipt they will exchange defective merchandise within 14 days of purchase. So why would they post that if they are not going to honor it? If the ticket said if you wish to dispute this ticket please contact the officer do you think people are going to contact the officer and dispute it? The ticket says if you wish to dispute this ticket please call this number to arrange a court appearance. Which is the reason why people go to court to dispute the ticket they get. Despite what is in the box that says do not return to the manufacturer if gamestop does not have rockband as the exception on the receipt people are entitled to return the defective product to Gamestop.

[quote name='l337m4573rpyr0']I stand corrected. I just wonder how long this protection extends. I didn't see any length stated in the article.[/quote] I couldn't find any concrete information on the time limit for such returns, so I don't know. Also, keep in mind that a lot of people don't know about this law, including those working in retail. I just bought an Xbox 360 last night at GameRush, and they have a strict policy of not taking back defective consoles, so I'd have a fight on my hands if I tried to return it despite this law. If it were defective I might have to take it to small claims court (too much trouble) or call the state department of consumer protection. Just because the law is on the consumer's side doesn't mean that a retailer is going to cooperate and follow the law, even if they're aware of it.

I'm back. Wow. Look- the issue isn't his legal right/wrong to return the RB bundle, it's more of a moral issue: Do I return *everything* as being broken, when it's clearly NOT, and thus deny a new RB bundle for someone else...OR...do I follow the instructions which have the potential to net me something for my troubles, and regardless isn't being wasteful, or acting poorly against my fellow man.

Do you throw out a bunch of grapes because one is bad? If your cars battery died do you just sell it (the car), and demand a new one? And the analogies can go on and on.

He did what he did. Oh, it's done. But I'd like to think/hope that there are some people who can rise above their psychosis/ASD (anti-social disorder), and realise that there are other people on the planet: Life, despite what you may hear/believe/read, isn't about just YOU- as long as you choose to live in a society you are expected to do what is best for yourself and others. Not just yourself. Sometimes I honestly believe that the state of things, when described as being negative, are because far too many people only think of themselves rather than the whole.

It's not a hard concept. Really. Do 3 good things a day, try not to do things which harm others, and take responsibility when you do screw up things. Simple way to live.

What he did was anti-social/abhorrent. The OP has stated a number of times it's all about him. And while I'm certain there are a lot of people who get off on saying such things over the intrawebs...this isn't my first rodeo- I know the same lot of you wouldn't dare bring yourself to say such things to people on the street, casual aquaintances, your family (presuming at least a few of you are well-adjusted), or other CAGers IRL. If you truly believe it's all about you, and you still live in our society, then you're no better than a parasite: taking but not sharing.

So, while the internet tough-guy "thing" is pretty awesome, especially the barely coherent statements where the OP replies in such a way that I can literally see the froth forming at the corners of his mouth, it's just not cool.

[quote name='meesterjojo']I'm back. Wow. Look- the issue isn't his legal right/wrong to return the RB bundle, it's more of a moral issue: Do I return *everything* as being broken, when it's clearly NOT, and thus deny a new RB bundle for someone else...OR...do I follow the instructions which have the potential to net me something for my troubles, and regardless isn't being wasteful, or acting poorly against my fellow man.

Do you throw out a bunch of grapes because one is bad? If your cars battery died do you just sell it (the car), and demand a new one? And the analogies can go on and on.

He did what he did. Oh, it's done. But I'd like to think/hope that there are some people who can rise above their psychosis/ASD (anti-social disorder), and realise that there are other people on the planet: Life, despite what you may hear/believe/read, isn't about just YOU- as long as you choose to live in a society you are expected to do what is best for yourself and others. Not just yourself. Sometimes I honestly believe that the state of things, when described as being negative, are because far too many people only think of themselves rather than the whole.

It's not a hard concept. Really. Do 3 good things a day, try not to do things which harm others, and take responsibility when you do screw up things. Simple way to live.

What he did was anti-social/abhorrent. The OP has stated a number of times it's all about him. And while I'm certain there are a lot of people who get off on saying such things over the intrawebs...this isn't my first rodeo- I know the same lot of you wouldn't dare bring yourself to say such things to people on the street, casual aquaintances, your family (presuming at least a few of you are well-adjusted), or other CAGers IRL. If you truly believe it's all about you, and you still live in our society, then you're no better than a parasite: taking but not sharing.

So, while the internet tough-guy "thing" is pretty awesome, especially the barely coherent statements where the OP replies in such a way that I can literally see the froth forming at the corners of his mouth, it's just not cool.[/quote]

Heres one for you, you just bought a brand new car and a week later there is a major engine problem and it has to go into service which will take 3 days to complete. This is the only car you have. Do you demand that the company pays for your rental or do you just sit back and not demand a rental because you waiting 4 days for your car is not long at all and because somebody else might need a rental car for more important things than you do.

[quote name='meesterjojo']I'm back. Wow. Look- the issue isn't his legal right/wrong to return the RB bundle, it's more of a moral issue: Do I return *everything* as being broken, when it's clearly NOT, and thus deny a new RB bundle for someone else...OR...do I follow the instructions which have the potential to net me something for my troubles, and regardless isn't being wasteful, or acting poorly against my fellow man.

So, while the internet tough-guy "thing" is pretty awesome, especially the barely coherent statements where the OP replies in such a way that I can literally see the froth forming at the corners of his mouth, it's just not cool.[/QUOTE]

You should have written, 'Oh wait, I guess you should be able to take it back...but the moral issues!!!!11' Would have saved time.

Defective? Back to the store. Unless they make me sign something that states I understand I can't return it to the store, it goes back to the store.

So, while the internet tough-guy "thing" is pretty awesome, especially the barely coherent statements where the OP replies in such a way that I can literally see the froth forming at the corners of his mouth, it's just not cool.[/quote]

Wow. I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say that returning defective product within a reasonable time period is neither wasteful, or inconsiderate.

First, the waste part: Whenever you return defective electronics it's not thrown out. It is sent back to the manufacturer where they will:
Test all pieces and either repackage good pieces in new bundles or sell as reurbished units through outlets. and/or break down pieces to be remanufactured/recycled. I don't know of many manufacturers that just willingly throw out free materials.

Second off, the OP is not the inconsiderate one by initiating the return/exchange. Lets say a store states it will have 15 of an item and in the end only 10 are available due to supply, defects, whatever. It makes no difference if I have to find out an item is defective or if QA picked it up at EA. If I was customer 10, customers 11-15 are SOL. It's not my fault for expecting a functioning product when I make a purchase- It's EA's for not QA'ing or GS'es for over-promising on stock. If you want a product badly enough, you go out earlier than others to get it and if having to wait for the next shipment of rockbands ruins your day/week/life, you need to re-examine your priorities.

[quote name='l337m4573rpyr0']If you want a product badly enough, you go out earlier than others to get it and if having to wait for the next shipment of rockbands ruins your day/week/life, you need to re-examine your priorities.[/quote]
Jojo has a completely broken sense of morality. He doesn't have the ability to differentiate between important moral/social issues and trivial matters like shopping for luxury goods. On the other hand, he's kind of entertaining in the same way that a crazy, ranting homeless person can be entertaining.

The RMA guitar arrived today. It was a PS3 guitar so they did manage to get the correct version out to me. Thats where the positives end though.

The 3rd guitar is actually worse than the first 2 (imagine that). Im pretty sure its refurbished because its got some small scratches on it, but the orange fret doesnt work at all and down strumming often causes a double strum.

Anyway, I was going to set up yet another RMA and yet another hold on my CC and yet another 4-8 days wait (best case scenario), but the RMA process is down at the moment.

Not sure if I'll just exchange the bundle at Wal-Mart or if I'll wait till the RMA process goes back online and try again for guitar #4.

I ended up phoning EA support last night. After a 25min wait I ended up setting up another express RMA and they put another $125 on hold on my card. If it ships out today I'll be surprised. If the next one actually works, I'll be even more surprised. Im going to update the OP with the new tracking #.

[quote name='shrike4242']Customer idiocy aside, does GH3 have the same "restrictions" on it for returns?[/quote]
Coming back to this:
Turns out, a few days ago (I've been off), we got an e-mail saying that we aren't to do anymore GH3 returns, and to direct the customer to Activision's website.

I just bought a PS3 and it has a message inside the box telling me not to return it to the store if I have problems. If this thing is dead some of you think I should return it to Sony?

[quote name='Leek']I'm not a "lord" and you fail heavily in your signature. Mr. "Heart of Chill". A policy is a policy, GameStop should state on certain games that their policy is void and that the consumer should be take it back to the manufacturer[/quote]

We shouldn't have to state the policy. The policy is stated on a yellow sticker on the box as well as on a bright ass pink piece of paper in the box.

[quote name='assasin4hire']We shouldn't have to state the policy. The policy is stated on a yellow sticker on the box as well as on a bright ass pink piece of paper in the box.[/quote]

What good is the pink paper if it is in the box. The customer should be notified before purchasing, not after he opens the thing.

[quote name='arfin']What good is the pink paper if it is in the box. The customer should be notified before purchasing, not after he opens the thing.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the part about the sticker on the outside of the box?

[quote name='assasin4hire']We shouldn't have to state the policy. The policy is stated on a yellow sticker on the box as well as on a bright ass pink piece of paper in the box.[/quote]
The point that you are missing is that the sticker isnt a policy. Nor can it be enforced as a policy.

The posted policy in the store and on the return receipt do not list an exclusion on them for Rock Band. EA's "suggestion" to RMA defective products rather than exchange them does not change the posted return policy.

Also if you read back a page you'll notice the right to exchange defective merchadise is a federal mandate. No amount of stickers are going to change that.

[quote name='Tirade']The point that you are missing is that the sticker isnt a policy. Nor can it be enforced as a policy.

The posted policy in the store and on the return do not list an exclusion on them for Rock Band. EA's "suggestion" to RMA defective products rather than exchange them does not change the posted return policy.

Also if you read back a page you'll notice the right to exchange defective merchadise is a federal mandate. No amount of stickers is going to change that.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with this. If I pay $160 for RockBand or $3 for a clearance DVD, I expect both to work when I open them. I also expect both to be able to be exchanged the same day.

If GS had me sign away my exchange right, then it would be a different story.

Just so Im not accused of only posting the negative, here is a quick update of something positive at EA that happened yesterday.

"Im on bundle #3 but guitar #5 and waiting for yet another RMA guitar to come. I sent EAxViolet a PM last week regarding this (the last RMA guitar I received was clearly used and had been written on with permanent marker) and there are/were numerous holds on my credit card.

I never received a PM back from her but yesterday (on a Saturday), I received a call from the EA support escalations team. I spoke to a guy named Sean (hopefully the spelling is right) and he was great. He isn't the EAxSean from the forums in case you're wondering.

Now it was a little odd that he called me. When I answered the phone he said "Hi this is Sean with EA support management, is this Tim?" I replied yes and then he said "I understand your bundle was missing a microphone, is that correct?". Well that wasn't correct so I was sure that something got screwed up. It turns out that Sean just dialed the wrong customer. He had my name and number, but was looking at a ticket for someone else. He quickly realized his mistake and proceeded to handle my situation quickly. He released one of the holds off of my card and stated that I never should have had numerous holds as the first one should have went away when the 2nd RMA was issued and so on and so forth. He is the first EA support rep Ive spoken to that used English as their native language. He was very sympathetic and took it a step further by providing me with a "special" 1-800# that would connect me directly to the support management team in case of any future problems.

Either way, its been a lot of talk and no action at this point (and my latest RMA still has not shipped), but it was a step in the right direction. Lets see what comes of it. While Ive preached my share of doom and gloom on this forum, I did want to be fair and mention the good with the bad. Its been mentioned before that Violet needs a raise, well Sean from the support escalations team deserves one as well."

Personally, I did an Express RMA before I even got Rock Band. If I didn't find a copy, I was just going to send the guitar back before the 21 days were up.

I found one, and didn't even bother playing with the guitar that was in the box. Just boxed it up and sent it back, and enjoyed playing on all my perfect instruments.

Final update, the 2nd RMA arrived yesterday and Im happy to say it works fine. This is the first functioning guitar Ive had.

The 2 day express RMA service took 9 days (see the first post), so for those of you who keep claiming the RMA process is fast need to look again. This is on top of letting them hold $125 (or in my case $250) of your money while you wait.

From here on out, any problems will be dealt with via Wal-Marts exchange policy and I can Rock out in a matter of minutes instead of days.

Jeezus -- just read this thread. Between the Red Ring of Death and the Rock Band hardware issue, hardware quality is just going into the shitter.

Yugos ran better than this.

[quote name='Tirade']Final update, the 2nd RMA arrived yesterday and Im happy to say it works fine. This is the first functioning guitar Ive had.

The 2 day express RMA service took 9 days (see the first post), so for those of you who keep claiming the RMA process is fast need to look again. This is on top of letting him hold $125 (or in my case $250) of your money while you wait.

From here on out, any problems will be dealt with via Wal-Marts exchange policy and I can Rock out in a matter of minutes instead of days.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that there have been steps toward a positive resolution.

OP is 100% right in this matter - he's definitely not being a whiny bitch trying to get over on the company...unlike someone in a front-page thread a while back ;)

And OP, I want to thank you. Until this thread, I really did not know about all of the problems ppl were having with Rock Band. My kids and I had wanted to get the bundle, but after reading the posts in this thread, we've decided to wait and see when/if they get their shit together.

i just want to state for the record that if an employee is standing behind a store policy or a corporate policy like rockband's yellow sticker, you should really be sympathetic to the employee. i have worked in retail for 5 years now, and people seem to think that it is acceptable to treat another human like garbage simply because their product doesnt work. buying a product from a store doesnt give you privelege to torment another person. be more considerate the next time you take something back to the store, and be more considerate if they dont have something in stock (like a nintendo wii!). store employees are simply people, just like you. they dont like to be screwed over, just like you dont like to be. /endrant

[quote name='jamesetakacs']i just want to state for the record that if an employee is standing behind a store policy or a corporate policy like rockband's yellow sticker, you should really be sympathetic to the employee. i have worked in retail for 5 years now, and people seem to think that it is acceptable to treat another human like garbage simply because their product doesnt work. buying a product from a store doesnt give you privelege to torment another person. be more considerate the next time you take something back to the store, and be more considerate if they dont have something in stock (like a nintendo wii!). store employees are simply people, just like you. they dont like to be screwed over, just like you dont like to be. /endrant[/QUOTE]

The thing is, most people here don't think like that. They all think because they are spending a few bucks they should be treated like the fuking royal family. Some people are just born to be assholes to people who work retail.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']The thing is, most people here don't think like that. They all think because they are spending a few bucks they should be treated like the fuking royal family. Some people are just born to be assholes to people who work retail.[/quote]

I don't think they expect to be treated like "royal fuking family", I think they expect to be treated like a paying customer who earned thier money (possibly dealing with assholes all day long at thier job too).

In this case it isnt an employee standing behind thier store/corp policy, its them NOT standing behind it. The policy states that exchanges are allowed yet they attempted to refuse to honor that policy.

I wasnt born to be an asshole to people who work in retail, I was born to be an asshole to people who attempt to defraud me or sell me something that they claim is working and then refuse to exchange it when I discover its not.

Final update on this fiasco....

Starting from the beginning in a quick recap:

Day 1: Bought bundle. Guitar strum bar did not work and red drum pad did not work.

Day 2: Exchanged bundle at Gamestop after much arguing. Returned bundle to Gamestop and repurchased it at Wal-Mart with 2 year replacement plan. Guitar did not work.

Day 3. RMA guitar with EA. - $125 hold is placed on my credit card

Day 7. Replacement guitar arrives. It is clearly used and orange fret does not work.

Day 8. RMA guitar again with EA. - A 2nd $125 hold is placed on my credit card.

Day 10. EA calls to tell me they are releasing one of the holds on my card and that my RMA got screwed up so they are issuing a new RMA # and not to bother sending in the 2 broken guitars. It will take up to 7 days to release the hold.

Day 18. Replacement guitar arrives. It works great!!!

Day 21. An email notification that the RMA from day 8 that was supposedly canceled on day 10, just shipped out and will be delivered tomorrow. TRACK. I call EA to find out whats going on and explain that another guitar from a supposedly canceled RMA will be here tomorrow. They tell me to keep the guitar and not send any of the previous 3 back. I will not be charged and all holds will be released. This could take up to 7 days.

Day 22. A quick call to Amex shows 2 pending holds on my account for $125 each. Including the original hold that was supposed to have been released 12 days ago.

Somehow this is going to end up costing me money or at the least costing me time and effort.

There was no free game, no 20% off at the EA store. I thought EA might have come out of this a shining star after they called me 2 weeks ago to explain the situation and how they planned to correct it but thus far the holds are still on my card and they have shipped me a 2nd guitar that I'm going to get charged for I'm sure.

Best case scenario, I end up with a 2nd guitar for free. Worst case scenario, I'm charged $250 on top of the $190 I already spent on the game just to get a single working guitar.

If you call Amex & explaing the situation they will release the holds on your cards. Amex is very loyal to it's customers and there is no reason for EA to still be holding your money.

[quote name='Tirade']...I'm charged $250 on top of the $190 I already spent on the game just to get a single working guitar.[/QUOTE]

That's the bitch right there. Tie up my money because your product sucks? I don't think so.

Hey Tirade, want me to kick you in the nuts?

It just seems like everything else isn't really going right for you, so maybe the pain I deliver will make you forget some of your Rock Band woes.

[quote name='reibeatall']Hey Tirade, want me to kick you in the nuts?

It just seems like everything else isn't really going right for you, so maybe the pain I deliver will make you forget some of your Rock Band woes.[/quote]

Lets at least let my asshole heal first.

*sigh*
Fine. I'm just trying to help you.

On a related Rock Band note, be careful with your Drum Pedal, folks. Or else you're going to end up like me, with snapped foot pedal and a crushed soul.

bread's done
Back