UPDATE 9/8/09: PLAYSTATION VISA Promo - Back to $100 credit instead of $300

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
As of 9/8 - ONLY $100 CREDIT... NO MORE $200 EXTRA CREDIT..

A NEW PLAYSTATION VISA PROMO - UPDATED 8/28/09

YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE THE 1ST PURCHASE OF $ 299 OR MORE FROM SONYSTLE.COM "ONLY" THIS TIME.

3 x $ 100 Statement Credit within 6 months.

1st - $ 100 instantly
2nd - $ 100 after charging $ 1500 to the card within 3 months of card opening
3rd - $ 100 after charging another $ 1500 to the card within 6 months of card opening
Total = $ 300 off after charging $ 3299 = 9% cash back + Reward Points. The best offer from a credit card at the moment or ever.

THIS IS A REGULAR VISA CREDIT CARD with Playstation brand on it. So if you already use your current CC for everyday purchases; such as Gas, Groceries, Phone, Cable etc. Just use this Playstation card until it hits $3000 + $400 for the PS3 within 6 months, collect the $300 off. Don't forget to pay it in full (at the very least by the end of 12 months since it's interest free for 12 months.) THEN YOU CAN KEEP USING THIS CARD TO COLLECT SONY POINTS OR GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CC.

THIS PROMO WORKS BEST FOR "RESPONSIBLE" PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CREDIT CARD COMPANY (GETTING PAID FOR BORROWING INTEREST FREE MONEY FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS EVERY MONTH) AND USE THE CC FOR EVERYDAY PURCHASES TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFIT.

PS3 = $ 299.99 - $ 300 - Reward Point Statement Credit = FREE + $$$.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Events/PlaystationCreditCard/index.html

Get up to $300 back with the PlayStation® Card

SPECIAL OFFER: Apply now for the PlayStation® Card, get instantly approved and get $100 card credit when you purchase a PlayStation®3 system with your new PlayStation® Card.1

BONUS OFFER: Use your PlayStation® Card on your everyday purchases, spend an additional $3,000 or more and qualify for an extra $200 card credits.1
Every time you use the PlayStation® Card - whether it's on digital goods and subscriptions at PlayStation®3 Home, or on everyday purchases like groceries, gasoline or dining - you'll earn valuable Sony Rewards Points redeemable towards the latest Sony products such as: PlayStation® games, Blu-ray Disc™ movies, Sony electronics and much more!2

Terms and Conditions
1. Your first single sales receipt of any products or services purchase(s) made at SonyStyle.com only, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") within the first 45 days your account is open will automatically qualify you for the first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation® Card account 8-12 weeks after your Special or Qualifying Purchase (Qualifying Purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. You will qualify for a second $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 within the first 3 months of account open date. You will qualify for a third $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 by your 6 month anniversary. Limit of three (3) $100 card credits to each new PlayStation® Card account, after each qualifying spend limit is met within the specified timeframes described above. This offer may not be combined with any other Sony Card or PlayStation® Card offer. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case Instant Credit will be unavailable. When you are approved for the PlayStation® Card, you will receive your account and CVV2 number and expiration date on-screen. Please make sure to make note of your account and CVV2 number and expiration date as this information will not be available until you receive your card in the mail. If you are approved, you will be able to make a one-time purchase at SonyRewards.com only, with up to a maximum line of credit of $5,000. Additional purchases with this account cannot be made until your card is received in the mail. This promotional offer is available for new PlayStation® Card account holders only; existing PlayStation® Card account holders or accounts are not eligible. Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. PlayStation® Card credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. See Pricing and rewards for details.
2. You will earn 5 points for each $1 of net purchases made with your Sony Card at Sony Style stores and www.sonystyle.com. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases made with your Sony Card. Purchases of Sony products made at any authorized Sony retailer that earn 1 point for each $1 spent (excluding www.sony.com/playstationcard) are eligible for an additional 2 points from Sony Electronics, Inc. Please visit www.sony.com/playstationcard for more details. Sony Electronics, Inc. is wholly responsible for fulfillment of 2 bonus points. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, travelers checks, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vballboy51']That is not true. I just did the dell deal with the 20% coupon with my "temp" number without any problems. So either I get a ps3 for $39.99 with all 3 $100 credits or worse case scenario is that I only get the 2 $200 credits, it is still a $139.99 PS3 which is still CHEAPER than going through sonystyle.com!!![/quote]

yea, i dont think u'll be getting the first 100 dollars credit because i just called sonyrewards 3 times and all 3 customer rep told me the current promotion is only for purchases through SONYSTYLE OR SONY-REWARDS.com . i asked about dell.com, amazon.com, bestbuy or walmart and they all said no no. So i assume the previous posters who got the 100 back from non-ps3 purchases or purchased from else where must've been on a different promotion. just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']yea, i dont think u'll be getting the first 100 dollars credit because i just called sonyrewards 3 times and all 3 customer rep told me the current promotion is only for purchases through SONYSTYLE OR SONY-REWARDS.com . i asked about dell.com, amazon.com, bestbuy or walmart and they all said no no. So i assume the previous posters who got the 100 back from non-ps3 purchases or purchased from else where must've been on a different promotion. just wanted to give you guys a heads up![/quote]

I ordered mine from Dell today and it went through. There was a hiccup but I called dell and told them what info I had and that I just ordered the card and it went through fine after that.

I would guess the sales reps are telling you that because they want you to purchase through them. If you read the TC
1. PlayStation® Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. To qualify for this offer, you must apply for your new PlayStation Card by 2/28/09. Your first single sales receipt purchase equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") must be made by 3/31/09 and will automatically qualify you for a first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase (first purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment

why would they put that first purchase does not include balance transfer or checks if you HAD to purchase a PS3 from this site? Also there is no where in the fine print that says you may only purchase the PS3 from this site to qualify or at least I didn't find it. Heck they don't even say you have to buy a ps3 just that you have to make a $299 purchase. They make it look that way in the sales pitch but nowhere does it actually say that in the TC.

I will know in a week I guess when I get my cards and can look up my first statement.

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']yea, i dont think u'll be getting the first 100 dollars credit because i just called sonyrewards 3 times and all 3 customer rep told me the current promotion is only for purchases through SONYSTYLE OR SONY-REWARDS.com . i asked about dell.com, amazon.com, bestbuy or walmart and they all said no no. So i assume the previous posters who got the 100 back from non-ps3 purchases or purchased from else where must've been on a different promotion. just wanted to give you guys a heads up![/quote]

you called sony and they told you that you have to puchase something from them? go figure.

try calling the actual issuer instead.

[quote name='qwerty1']you called sony and they told you that you have to puchase something from them? go figure.

try calling the actual issuer instead.[/QUOTE]
I actually did call the issuer (Chase) twice. 1st person said I could buy it anywhere, and 2nd person said it had to be from Sony. I chickened out and bought from Sony to avoid any hassle, but the terms of the deal certainly make no mention of that requirement. If I had to do again, I'd probably buy from Dell and take my chances.

Well we can officially put all the BS and rumors aside as to where you have to purchase your PS3 from to get the $100 cash back promotion. I picked up a PS3 from CC for 25% off last week ($320.99 charge Feb 12th). I received my $100 New Cardmember Credit today.

So if you are going to sign up for this card to get a new PS3 I suggest you find the cheapest deal (Dell 20% off coupon, CC Clearance, or Amazon no sales tax) instead of buying it directly from the Sony Store.

Here is another proof from SD regarding the 2nd $ 100 credit. This guy spend $ 1500 in less than a month of approval, and get the $ 100 credit right away.

Check the 1/27 1st $100 credit after his PS3 purchase and 2/14 for 2nd $ 100 credit. This is the best card right now right? :)

BTW, I notice that CheapyD/CAG website also has the link for this card on the top banner... if you want to help the site, you can apply through that link.

And also the 20% Dell Coupon is expiring today.

attachment.php

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well we can officially put all the BS and rumors aside as to where you have to purchase your PS3 from to get the $100 cash back promotion. I picked up a PS3 from CC for 25% off last week ($320.99 charge Feb 12th). I received my $100 New Cardmember Credit today.

So if you are going to sign up for this card to get a new PS3 I suggest you find the cheapest deal (Dell 20% off coupon, CC Clearance, or Amazon no sales tax) instead of buying it directly from the Sony Store.[/QUOTE]
Nicely done... a $21 (plus tax) PS3 is tough to beat :applause:. Although, my $99 PS3 is currently collecting dust while I continue to play my 360. I'm hoping Killzone 2 will fix that.

[quote name='colt4by5']Nicely done... a $21 (plus tax) PS3 is tough to beat :applause:. Although, my $99 PS3 is currently collecting dust while I continue to play my 360. I'm hoping Killzone 2 will fix that.[/quote]

Haha, the $321 included sales tax! Plus the purchase will qualify for bonus Sony Reward points since it was a sony purchase from an authorized retailer. Even if you only use it as a DVD player, $21 is a insane deal. Plus you are building your credit rating by using a credit card and paying it off each month.

[quote name='strider2k']Does it have to be a PS3? What if I wanted to buy a new computer with that? Or how about a 60GB PS3 from Amazon or ebay?[/quote]

When you sign up for the card, the site tries to get you to purchase a PS3 from directly from SonyStyle.com, but if you read the terms and conditions it clearly states that the only conditions to qualify for the $100 cashback is that your first purchase be over $299. Others have posted that they have done this in the thread so I do not believe you would have a problem buying anything as long as the first charge on the Sony Card was over $299.

I also will confirm that I got my $100 credit after buying the ps3 from dell.com with a 20% coupon code! So after everything said and done, I will have a $39.99 ps3 *AHEM* blu-ray player. Now I am working getting the blu-ray remote free from the sonyrewards!

[quote name='ohscaryone']I ordered mine from Dell today and it went through. There was a hiccup but I called dell and told them what info I had and that I just ordered the card and it went through fine after that.

I would guess the sales reps are telling you that because they want you to purchase through them. If you read the TC
1. PlayStation® Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. To qualify for this offer, you must apply for your new PlayStation Card by 2/28/09. Your first single sales receipt purchase equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") must be made by 3/31/09 and will automatically qualify you for a first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase (first purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment

why would they put that first purchase does not include balance transfer or checks if you HAD to purchase a PS3 from this site? Also there is no where in the fine print that says you may only purchase the PS3 from this site to qualify or at least I didn't find it. Heck they don't even say you have to buy a ps3 just that you have to make a $299 purchase. They make it look that way in the sales pitch but nowhere does it actually say that in the TC.

I will know in a week I guess when I get my cards and can look up my first statement.[/quote]

Just confirming that I did in fact get my first $100 credit and I purchased from Dell with a 15% off code for $360.00 total cost. So in the end I will have paid $60 for this PS3.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Haha, the $321 included sales tax![/QUOTE]
Now that's just crazy talk :lol:. I'd almost get this card just for the daily and monthly prizes on the website. Plus, doing the trivia and Wheel of Fortune games eats up like 2 minutes of work each day, so that's cool.

I'm thinking about applying for this as my first credit card. I've really been wanting a PS3 lately and I want to build up my credit so this seems like a good fit. However, I'm an unemployed college student who pays his bills through scholarships and with some help from my family should the need arise. I'm certain I could meet the requirements for the card and pay them off, but would they refuse to give me a card due to my employment status? I have my hands full with college work and the economy has made decent jobs hard to find even if I was to go fishing around for one.

just fyi - The Dell promo of 20% off has been extended to Feb 25th. So get your PS3 for $ 19.99 + tax - Sony rewards statement credit = almost free

Coupon code PLDWH47D$6BT2J

[quote name='CloakBass']I'm thinking about applying for this as my first credit card. I've really been wanting a PS3 lately and I want to build up my credit so this seems like a good fit. However, I'm an unemployed college student who pays his bills through scholarships and with some help from my family should the need arise. I'm certain I could meet the requirements for the card and pay them off, but would they refuse to give me a card due to my employment status? I have my hands full with college work and the economy has made decent jobs hard to find even if I was to go fishing around for one.[/quote]

You can always try and apply for the card by having your parent cosigned the card.

HOWEVER, Do you normally spend at least $ 500 a month right now for your daily expense? If not, this card will not save you that much since you only get the 1st $100 credit. And can you pay the full balance at the end of the year? If not, the interest will start kicking in.

And if you get the card, do you think you can be responsible enough since the temptation to spend is big, especially for a 1st timer. :)

The last one, PS3 or X360 games is kind of expensive for college student with no job, and it might ruin your scholarship if you play too much. :)

[quote name='gi60']just fyi - The Dell promo of 20% off has been extended to Feb 25th. So get your PS3 for $ 19.99 + tax - Sony rewards statement credit = almost free

Coupon code PLDWH47D$6BT2J

You can always try and apply for the card by having your parent cosigned the card.

HOWEVER, Do you normally spend at least $ 500 a month right now for your daily expense? If not, this card will not save you that much since you only get the 1st $100 credit. And can you pay the full balance at the end of the year? If not, the interest will start kicking in.

And if you get the card, do you think you can be responsible enough since the temptation to spend is big, especially for a 1st timer. :)

The last one, PS3 or X360 games is kind of expensive for college student with no job, and it might ruin your scholarship if you play too much. :)[/QUOTE]

Getting the money on the card and paying it off won't be a problem. I haven't mucked up my debit card which I've had for about 3 years so I think I can handle it, I am a CAG after all. ;) I'm just hoping I can qualify for the card! How long does it usually take to receive a verdict on an application?

^If you're credit is really good, you can get an instant approval. If not, probably a week or two.

BTW, this cc gives me a pretty generous credit line (let's just say that it's enough to buy a nice car). It's comparable with my other CC so I'm probably keeping this card for a while.

Am I missing something? When using:

PLDWH47D$6BT2J

I get an error message saying:

Coupon Error
We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered is not valid in the segment in which you are currently shopping. Please review the offer details associated with the coupon to determine the segment in which it is valid.

The coupon is listed as Save 20% on all software once entered.

Thanks

I was getting the error code over the weekend, but I just checked now and it is working again. I already did it last Wednesday, waiting to see if I get that $100 credit.

I got my 1st $100 credit 3 days after the PS3 purchase posted.

I ordered online at Dell on 2/18, the charge is posted on 2/20, and I received the 1st $100 credit on 2/23, so yeah chase is pretty good on issuing statement credit.

I decided not to keep the PS3 since my wife doesn't like the idea of having 2 PS3s in the house. :) I sold it within 2 hours of posting at CL for $ 375. :)

i just got my playstation visa and purchased the ps3 on sonystyle.com. do i have to do anything else in order to receive my $100 credit? are there any rebate forms that i have to fill out, or will the credit just show up on my first or second statement? thanks for your help!!!

[quote name='gusturner']i just got my playstation visa and purchased the ps3 on sonystyle.com. do i have to do anything else in order to receive my $100 credit? are there any rebate forms that i have to fill out, or will the credit just show up on my first or second statement? thanks for your help!!![/QUOTE]
It just shows up. Only took a few days to show up for me.

[quote name='gusturner']i just got my playstation visa and purchased the ps3 on sonystyle.com. do i have to do anything else in order to receive my $100 credit? are there any rebate forms that i have to fill out, or will the credit just show up on my first or second statement? thanks for your help!!![/quote]

me again. just wanted to double-check... are you sure i don't have to go to sonyrewards.com and submit one of their forms in order to receive the first $100 credit ? when i was on the phone with sonyrewards c'r service last week they did mention something about completing a form to get the credit. however, most everyone on here makes it sound as if the credit is automatically issued to my credit card within a week or two of purchasing. sorry for multiple posts. just making sure i don't miss out on the $100.

[quote name='gusturner']me again. just wanted to double-check... are you sure i don't have to go to sonyrewards.com and submit one of their forms in order to receive the first $100 credit ? when i was on the phone with sonyrewards c'r service last week they did mention something about completing a form to get the credit. however, most everyone on here makes it sound as if the credit is automatically issued to my credit card within a week or two of purchasing. sorry for multiple posts. just making sure i don't miss out on the $100.[/quote]

It should show up automatically on your online account statement within a week or so of purchase. The form they are referring to, I believe, is one that lets you apply for bonus points for all purchases of sony products from authorized retailers.

I'd wait until your first statement to look for the credit. If it doesn't show up, I'd call and inquire about it.

[quote name='gusturner']me again. just wanted to double-check... are you sure i don't have to go to sonyrewards.com and submit one of their forms in order to receive the first $100 credit ? when i was on the phone with sonyrewards c'r service last week they did mention something about completing a form to get the credit. however, most everyone on here makes it sound as if the credit is automatically issued to my credit card within a week or two of purchasing. sorry for multiple posts. just making sure i don't miss out on the $100.[/quote]

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It should show up automatically on your online account statement within a week or so of purchase. The form they are referring to, I believe, is one that lets you apply for bonus points for all purchases of sony products from authorized retailers.

I'd wait until your first statement to look for the credit. If it doesn't show up, I'd call and inquire about it.[/quote]

You use that form to get your reward points (3x) if your Sony purchase is not from SonyStyle. You should file within 60 days of purchase.

Thanks again guys. Regarding Reward Points, do I need to fill out forms for items purchased directly from sonystyle.com, or will those points automatically be credited?

Has anyone with the credit card that has ordered their PS3 outside of SonyStyle NOT been able to get the $100 credit?

okay, so this morning i checked and i received my $100 credit, just 3 days after the purchase appeared on my activity online! good stuff!!! one last question, since i purchased the ps3 from sonystyle.com, will the reward points from this purchase be automatically credited to my sonyrewards.com account, or do i have to complete the Purchase Credit Form? I realize the question may or may not have already been answered in this thread, but its early in the morning, and i'm dog tired after staying up super late playing w/ the ps3.

[quote name='gusturner']okay, so this morning i checked and i received my $100 credit, just 3 days after the purchase appeared on my activity online! good stuff!!! one last question, since i purchased the ps3 from sonystyle.com, will the reward points from this purchase be automatically credited to my sonyrewards.com account, or do i have to complete the Purchase Credit Form? I realize the question may or may not have already been answered in this thread, but its early in the morning, and i'm dog tired after staying up super late playing w/ the ps3.[/QUOTE]
I bought my PS3 from Sonystyle.com and my reward points showed up automatically on my statement. I got 2,274 points for the PS3 and component video cable purchase. Just make sure you have linked your Sony Rewards account to your Sony Visa by entering your Visa number in the Rewards account online.

^ You can use the credit form to convert the point to statement credit $. So if you have 2200, it will discount your statement by $22.

thanks for all the quick replies to my questions. hopefully it won't take long for the reward points to show up. i was planning on using them to get a second controller.

I checked my statement a few days ago and got a $100 credit even though I didn't buy a PS3. I did, however, have over $299 in purchases.

Has anyone used this to try and buy a xbox 360 instead? I'm just wondering if that would have worked as well. It sounded like you had to buy an item that cost over $299 in price as your first purchase in the terms. However, the post above seems to indicate you just have to spend over $299 in that first month?

[quote name='dekka']Has anyone used this to try and buy a xbox 360 instead? I'm just wondering if that would have worked as well. It sounded like you had to buy an item that cost over $299 in price as your first purchase in the terms. However, the post above seems to indicate you just have to spend over $299 in that first month?[/quote]

Read the OP or the fine print. Actually read the fine print anyway so you understand what you're getting into.

Ok, it is not a bad promotion. If you are planing are spending 3000 dollars like on a wedding or something charge it all to the card pay it off and get a cheap ps3.

Not a good deal as you're just racking up debt that will take forever to pay back. Plus that $300 you save, they'll get that back real quick in the interest you'll end up paying on the account.

[quote name='mj1108']Not a good deal as you're just racking up debt that will take forever to pay back. Plus that $300 you save, they'll get that back real quick in the interest you'll end up paying on the account.[/quote]

thats why you pay it off during the 12 month 0% APR period and decline their retarded optional balance fees. hopefully one would pay it off long before the 0% grace period runs out.

I agree, for an irresponsible child or adult its not a good deal, for any responsible adult who pays their bills off completely and on time though, its essentially a free $300. No brainer and easily the best CC deal currently running. Stuff like this is becoming extinct for a reason.

[quote name='mj1108']Not a good deal as you're just racking up debt that will take forever to pay back. Plus that $300 you save, they'll get that back real quick in the interest you'll end up paying on the account.[/quote]

$3000 in six months is not a lot of debt whatsoever for any normal bill paying adult. I can't really say too much about everyone else, but I'm 22 and in my first job out of college, and my credit card bill is easily over $500 a month, and I also have no problem paying it off in full every month. I applied for this over the weekend and I'm waiting to hear back. Once I do, this is a $100 or less PS3. Pretty nice deal if you ask me.

good deal. my house bills already adds up to 2k+ per month living in huntington beach California. I'm going to ebay this ps3 since I have one already.

I had some outdoor stuff for my kids I was going to buy anyway, so I ended up getting $300 worth of that. I guess the PS3 will have to wait until......

Absolutely a great deal.....I got my end of the year statement for 2008 and spent $47,800 on my Sony Visa!!! I only have a $5000 limit, so YES, if you are responsible and pay your bills on time, IT IS A GREAT DEAL. I would add another PS3 on top of my two, if I could do this again. Actually thinking about closing the account and opening up again for one of these promos....oh and the balance on my card is currently $62.

[quote name='AeonShadowX']good deal. my house bills already adds up to 2k+ per month living in huntington beach California. I'm going to ebay this ps3 since I have one already.[/quote]

I live in OC too.. and don't Ebay the PS3, just CL it. I did that and within hours of posting, I got an offer for basically what I'm paying at Dell.. so I sold it and will collect the $300 statement credit. :)

[quote name='PhaserBait']I had some outdoor stuff for my kids I was going to buy anyway, so I ended up getting $300 worth of that. I guess the PS3 will have to wait until......[/quote]

So was your first item under 299$? and did they still credit you?

[quote name='Liver Kick']My wife bought some living room furniture (>$1800). Two $100 credits were applied to my balance a few days later.[/quote]

Nice! Thanks for the response.

[quote name='mj1108']Not a good deal as you're just racking up debt that will take forever to pay back. Plus that $300 you save, they'll get that back real quick in the interest you'll end up paying on the account.[/QUOTE]

forever to pay back $3000? even a minimum wage job could pay that back within the 6 months.

Mine was not a single item. I bought several items that totaled a little over $300 with tax added I think the actual sticker prices were actually under $299. The $100 credit was applied a few days later. It seems to me you could do your monthky grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and still get the credit as long as the amount charged to the card was over the $299 threshold.

bread's done
Back