UPDATE 9/8/09: PLAYSTATION VISA Promo - Back to $100 credit instead of $300

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
As of 9/8 - ONLY $100 CREDIT... NO MORE $200 EXTRA CREDIT..

A NEW PLAYSTATION VISA PROMO - UPDATED 8/28/09

YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE THE 1ST PURCHASE OF $ 299 OR MORE FROM SONYSTLE.COM "ONLY" THIS TIME.

3 x $ 100 Statement Credit within 6 months.

1st - $ 100 instantly
2nd - $ 100 after charging $ 1500 to the card within 3 months of card opening
3rd - $ 100 after charging another $ 1500 to the card within 6 months of card opening
Total = $ 300 off after charging $ 3299 = 9% cash back + Reward Points. The best offer from a credit card at the moment or ever.

THIS IS A REGULAR VISA CREDIT CARD with Playstation brand on it. So if you already use your current CC for everyday purchases; such as Gas, Groceries, Phone, Cable etc. Just use this Playstation card until it hits $3000 + $400 for the PS3 within 6 months, collect the $300 off. Don't forget to pay it in full (at the very least by the end of 12 months since it's interest free for 12 months.) THEN YOU CAN KEEP USING THIS CARD TO COLLECT SONY POINTS OR GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CC.

THIS PROMO WORKS BEST FOR "RESPONSIBLE" PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CREDIT CARD COMPANY (GETTING PAID FOR BORROWING INTEREST FREE MONEY FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS EVERY MONTH) AND USE THE CC FOR EVERYDAY PURCHASES TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFIT.

PS3 = $ 299.99 - $ 300 - Reward Point Statement Credit = FREE + $$$.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Events/PlaystationCreditCard/index.html

Get up to $300 back with the PlayStation® Card

SPECIAL OFFER: Apply now for the PlayStation® Card, get instantly approved and get $100 card credit when you purchase a PlayStation®3 system with your new PlayStation® Card.1

BONUS OFFER: Use your PlayStation® Card on your everyday purchases, spend an additional $3,000 or more and qualify for an extra $200 card credits.1
Every time you use the PlayStation® Card - whether it's on digital goods and subscriptions at PlayStation®3 Home, or on everyday purchases like groceries, gasoline or dining - you'll earn valuable Sony Rewards Points redeemable towards the latest Sony products such as: PlayStation® games, Blu-ray Disc™ movies, Sony electronics and much more!2

Terms and Conditions
1. Your first single sales receipt of any products or services purchase(s) made at SonyStyle.com only, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") within the first 45 days your account is open will automatically qualify you for the first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation® Card account 8-12 weeks after your Special or Qualifying Purchase (Qualifying Purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. You will qualify for a second $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 within the first 3 months of account open date. You will qualify for a third $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 by your 6 month anniversary. Limit of three (3) $100 card credits to each new PlayStation® Card account, after each qualifying spend limit is met within the specified timeframes described above. This offer may not be combined with any other Sony Card or PlayStation® Card offer. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case Instant Credit will be unavailable. When you are approved for the PlayStation® Card, you will receive your account and CVV2 number and expiration date on-screen. Please make sure to make note of your account and CVV2 number and expiration date as this information will not be available until you receive your card in the mail. If you are approved, you will be able to make a one-time purchase at SonyRewards.com only, with up to a maximum line of credit of $5,000. Additional purchases with this account cannot be made until your card is received in the mail. This promotional offer is available for new PlayStation® Card account holders only; existing PlayStation® Card account holders or accounts are not eligible. Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. PlayStation® Card credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. See Pricing and rewards for details.
2. You will earn 5 points for each $1 of net purchases made with your Sony Card at Sony Style stores and www.sonystyle.com. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases made with your Sony Card. Purchases of Sony products made at any authorized Sony retailer that earn 1 point for each $1 spent (excluding www.sony.com/playstationcard) are eligible for an additional 2 points from Sony Electronics, Inc. Please visit www.sony.com/playstationcard for more details. Sony Electronics, Inc. is wholly responsible for fulfillment of 2 bonus points. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, travelers checks, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you need to spend 400 + 1500 to get 2 of $100 credit.

By the way, I just checked my snail mail and apparently the card is doing double point promotion since March 18 until mid-April.

i received my $300 from the playstation card. i didn't buy a ps3 at all. i used it for regular purchases. i did buy a $320 canon powershot so i guess that's the qualifying purchase.

Seems like this is still working. I got a ps3 with the dell 299$ deal this weekend, and a couple of days after the transaction hit my account, I got a 100$ credit.

I don't plan on spending a lot of money to get the extra 100$ credits, but getting a ps3 for 216$ makes me happy!

So, I kept the Sony Playstation Card and now have a FREE:applause: 80GB PS3. After 3 months, I received an e-mail from Sony to state that if I keep my Chase Visa for at least 3 more months and spent $1500 within those three months, I get another $100. So... I only paid 7% tax (~$28) for a PS3 and I have received about $200 (no, I didn't spend $20,000, somehow, I get these insane amounts of points) in rewards thus far. I now actually feel like a "cheapa--" since working the system finally worked out... not bad and 3 games extra to boot...

I haven't read this, but someone else may have figured this out. Either way, I think I have graduated from the "school of cheapa--."

This really is a fantastic deal. Question for those that have looked into this: What is the better deal, the Playstation card or the Sony card? I plan to use either to get a PS3, so it really doesn't matter to me. Only the Sony card mentions the accrual of Sony points, though I didn't see any mention at all of what you do with these points. Thanks much.

I don't remember what the Sony Card deal was, but I did the Playstation one and ended up getting the PS3 for about $50 (after buying it through Dell, tax, and getting the $300 back). The Playstation card does the same points rewards as well, through www.sonyrewards.com, which you can redeem for free stuff. (You can see some of it here: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/redeem/index/4/)

There's a whole thread dedicated to it in somewhere the free stuff forum that tells you how to get some extra free points relatively quickly. (I can't seem to find it at the moment...or I'm just too lazy right now)

I know some people mentioned they did, but just to be certain, i already own a ps3.. can i just buy anything over 299 to get the first $100 cashback? Does it have to be one transaction for 299? or can it be a bunch of things that total 399?

[quote name='mrbill187']I know some people mentioned they did, but just to be certain, i already own a ps3.. can i just buy anything over 299 to get the first $100 cashback? Does it have to be one transaction for 299? or can it be a bunch of things that total 399?[/QUOTE]

Its your first single purchase of $299 or more.

I am just a bit worried since it says that I will get a 100$ card credit when you purchase a playstation 3 system with your new playstation card...

What if they dont give me the credit if i buy through dell's site?

[quote name='rydude87']I am just a bit worried since it says that I will get a 100$ card credit when you purchase a playstation 3 system with your new playstation card...

What if they dont give me the credit if i buy through dell's site?[/QUOTE]

I had the same concern, but finally took the chance. I didn't even buy a PS3 or anything from SonyStyle. I bought other stuff and still got all three $100 credits. If you are worried, you could manage your risk by keeping the PS3 in the box until you get the credit.

It is totally easy to get to that $3000 mark!

Let me break it down for those saying this is a crappy deal...

1st Month (This isn't everybody, but most people will see where I'm going.)

PS3 - $400
Car Payment (if you have one) - $200 to $500
Phone - $100
Cable, Internet - $100 to $200
Utilities - $100 to $150
Gas - $50 to $100

Now that's not even including food and other simple buys that people don't think about and the max total comes out to: $1450

$1450 in one month not even including rent (given that you're allowed to pay your rent with credit). Two months in and you could be well over $3000. That makes this deal well worth it if you're responsible. Period.

Their fine print is kind of confusing. It says:
Your purchase of a PS3 at sonyrewards.com, sonystyle.com, includes sony style stores, or any products or services totallying 299 or more "qualifying purchase" within 45 days...

So does that mean, any products not just sony products according to their fine print?

[quote name='rydude87']Their fine print is kind of confusing. It says:
Your purchase of a PS3 at sonyrewards.com, sonystyle.com, includes sony style stores, or any products or services totallying 299 or more "qualifying purchase" within 45 days...

So does that mean, any products not just sony products according to their fine print?[/QUOTE]

Not only do you not have to buy a PS3, you can buy anything from anywhere as long as your first purchase is over $299.

Note: if you do decide to buy a PS3, you do not have to buy it from sonystyle.com. Any purchase of any product from any merchant over $299 qualifies.

Omgosh glock glock. You cleared it up so much! So I can even buy a couple items that add up to 299 or more then?

I may get an xbox 360 then! But gah, I would rather buy at costco for their amazing return policy...too bad I can't use Visa at costco.

^Since Costco is only offering 90 days return window now, I don't think it's that great anymore. Especially, if you can get the X360 at a discount, and you can use that discount to buy squaretrade or store warranty for 1, 2 or even 3 years.

If you look at their return policy, it is not 90 days... taken from their website:
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

A game console is not included in that description...

[quote name='gi60']^Since Costco is only offering 90 days return window now, I don't think it's that great anymore. Especially, if you can get the X360 at a discount, and you can use that discount to buy squaretrade or store warranty for 1, 2 or even 3 years.[/QUOTE]
I just returned a 360 to Costco that was 2 years old. You can tell if an item is limited to a 90-day return window by looking at the Costco website... it will explicitly say 90 days on the Shipping & Terms tab. Otherwise, it's lifetime return! They gave me the full purchase price back, even though they're selling them for $50 less now :).

Be careful with the link at the top of this page. While the page is still active it looks like the offer itself is dead: "To qualify for this offer, you must apply for your new PlayStation Card by 5/30/09."

[quote name='colt4by5']I just returned a 360 to Costco that was 2 years old. You can tell if an item is limited to a 90-day return window by looking at the Costco website... it will explicitly say 90 days on the Shipping & Terms tab. Otherwise, it's lifetime return! They gave me the full purchase price back, even though they're selling them for $50 less now :).[/QUOTE]

WOW, I thought all electronics are 90 days. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='gi60']WOW, I thought all electronics are 90 days. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]
Some places can be weird about including game consoles in the "computer" category (e.g. some Walmarts), so that's why I mentioned the website.

Okay, first off I know that some of these questions are going to be repeats, but I have looked and just been missing some of them. So here goes:

1) The Playstation Card and Sony Card are pretty much the same correct?

2) I know that the Playstation 3 can be bought from a different site with the Playstation Card, how about with the Sony Card?

The reason I have these questions is that I know that the posted Playstation Card deal had a date of 5/30/09 for the last chance of application, and the Sony Card had no date listed.

Thanks

Okay, first off I know that some of these questions are going to be repeats, but I have looked and just been missing some of them. So here goes:

1) The Playstation Card and Sony Card are pretty much the same correct?

2) I know that the Playstation 3 can be bought from a different site with the Playstation Card, how about with the Sony Card?

The reason I have these questions is that I know that the posted Playstation Card deal had a date of 5/30/09 for the last chance of application, and the Sony Card had no date listed.

Thanks

I just applied and was approved. The 100 dollar deal is still going.

I wanted to apply this to deal over at Dell but am worried that they won't honor it due to not have been bought from Sony Style.

[quote name='remjim']I just applied and was approved. The 100 dollar deal is still going.

I wanted to apply this to deal over at Dell but am worried that they won't honor it due to not have been bought from Sony Style.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the sony card or the playstation card? I did not want to chance it with playstation since it says it is expired. So I signed up for the sony card, just waiting to see if i'm approved or not.

Does anyone know if Playstation card $100 credit still works at any store? I called Sony Rewards and they couldn't tell me?? I originally applied for this credit card to buy the 80GB for $399 at Sony Style but held off to wait for the Slim.

I got my card in June and used it to pay for a college class that was a little over a $1000. It still gave me the $100 cash back since it was a purchase of over 299 as it says in the terms. So I don't see why it wouldn't still work.

[quote name='MattVid']*Scratches head*, how is this a bad deal?

For those that are not 12 years old, there are bills to pay every month, no matter what. Apartment rent, phone/cell bills, internet/cable bills, heat, electricity, water, food (you probably spend $200-400 on food a month easily).

This is a credit card, you can charge anything to it. $1500 in 3 months? Lol, I spend this much in one month just on living costs/food/whatever stuff I buy. If you spend less than $1500 in a 3-month period to survive, on your own, I would like to know where you are living. Wake up people, this is basically like getting 30,000 points on a normal credit card (for which you have to spend $30,000 to get) ... this is far from a "bad deal".[/QUOTE]

Maine. People live off $100 a month.

Don't coax people into getting in debt. The "deal" only remains a "deal" if you know that you can rack up $3000 on your card in six months through everyday, normal use, and pay it off. Not many people can.

I see people get into debt and ruin their credit scores with bullshit like this all the time. Credit is not immediately given, but the payments are still expected on time.

So it still works now? I looked at the site, and there is no like date that I have to sign up for the card by...and it seems like you don't even have to purchase a ps3 for the 100$ back

New Promo guys.. I just updated the 1st post. You do have to buy the playstation or make 1st purchase of 299 or more from Sonystyle.com

[quote name='neoroark']Great in theory, except that they're only offering the $499 160gb Uncharted bundle right now when you try to use it:

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/offers/index/ps300nishopnow[/QUOTE]

I thought that too... but if you read the T&C you see "1. Your first single sales receipt of any products or services purchase(s) made at SonyStyle.com only, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") within the first 45 days your account is open will automatically qualify you for the first $100 Statement Credit."

So you can go to SonyStyle.com (not SonyRewards.com) after you get your card and order a PS3 for $299 within 45 days you will get $100 back.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to jump on this deal.

The link to purchase actually says:

1. Your purchase of a PlayStation®3 (prices above do not include Shipping, Handling & Tax) at SonyRewards.com or any products or services totaling $299 or more within the first 45 days your account is open will qualify you for the first $100 statement credit.

It doesn't require a purchase of just that bundle or even from SonyRewards.com from what I'm reading. Just an initial purchase of $299 or more.

I emailed their customer support 2 or 3 days ago specifically asking if I purchase a ps3 slim from sonystyle for 299 if I would get the 100$ credit card credit and they confirmed that you would.

Although I wish i knew if it would work for other websites (aka Newegg) so I could save about 30$ on tax

[quote name='dcm1602']
Although I wish i knew if it would work for other websites (aka Newegg) so I could save about 30$ on tax[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does not work with other sites--you have to buy from sonystyle.com. Call the hotline on sonystyle.com and ask if you really want to make sure--they're pretty helpful. Make sure you choose the option for the sony financing.

^Guys.. Current updated promo T&C does specify that your "1st" purchase of $299 or more has to be from SONYSTYLE.COM..... so buy it from there to be safe.

You don't even have to buy a playstation 3 to get the credits. I have had mine for 2 months now and have bought about 4 thousand dollars worth of business stuff, and I have received all 3 $100 credits.

^Do you have the same T&C when you applied 2 months ago as this one?

I applied my PS card a while back, and back then the T&C didn't specify that you have to purchase from Sonystyle.com so I bought mine at Dell (15% coupon).. but today T&C specify that 1st purchase has to be made at Sonystyle.com to qualify for cash back.

So I suggest that whoever will apply for this card make 1st purchase of $299 or more from Sonystyle.com to guarantee the rebate... unless you're brave enough. :)

You don't even have to buy a playstation 3 to get the credits. I have had mine for 2 months now and have bought about 4 thousand dollars worth of business stuff, and I have received all 3 $100 credits.

[quote name='ggamdori']Applied Playstation card and bought the Slim from SonyStyle.com. Will update here once I get the 100off thing.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it works out!

Damn. I keep meaning to sign up for this. I just made some college payments on my other card, would've easily covered nearly all the costs....

[quote name='adamantypants']Damn. I keep meaning to sign up for this. I just made some college payments on my other card, would've easily covered nearly all the costs....[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I am doing with the card to get the $300 dollars back.

YEAH BABY YEAH! Nothing like buying $2000 worth of stuff, AND have the card rates be jacked up to 30% before 2010, all for a $300 system!

[quote name='AdultLink']YEAH BABY YEAH! Nothing like buying $2000 worth of stuff, AND have the card rates be jacked up to 30% before 2010, all for a $300 system![/QUOTE]

Huh? Is it bad to do this?

I would be all over this if I didn't already do a previous PS3 Sony Card offer.
(This offer is only good for people who already spend a lot and have the intent and means to pay off the balance every month.)

You can just pay off a college semester on the credit card, then immediately pay it off with your student loans or w.e.

By going to college you get a free PS3, that aint a bad deal.

[quote name='dcm1602']You can just pay off a college semester on the credit card, then immediately pay it off with your student loans or w.e.

By going to college you get a free PS3, that aint a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. My college doesn't allow credit cards as a form of payment. On check and direct deposit or something like that >

[quote name='AdultLink']YEAH BABY YEAH! Nothing like buying $2000 worth of stuff, AND have the card rates be jacked up to 30% before 2010, all for a $300 system![/QUOTE]

You do know that if you pay off your balance every month you won't pay interest; even if the rate is 1000%. Right?

This is an AMAZING deal. I'm on it, and giving the PS3 to my brothers.

lol, being cheap ass and being irresponsible with credit cards are two different things.

bread's done
Back