UPDATE 9/8/09: PLAYSTATION VISA Promo - Back to $100 credit instead of $300

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
As of 9/8 - ONLY $100 CREDIT... NO MORE $200 EXTRA CREDIT..

A NEW PLAYSTATION VISA PROMO - UPDATED 8/28/09

YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE THE 1ST PURCHASE OF $ 299 OR MORE FROM SONYSTLE.COM "ONLY" THIS TIME.

3 x $ 100 Statement Credit within 6 months.

1st - $ 100 instantly
2nd - $ 100 after charging $ 1500 to the card within 3 months of card opening
3rd - $ 100 after charging another $ 1500 to the card within 6 months of card opening
Total = $ 300 off after charging $ 3299 = 9% cash back + Reward Points. The best offer from a credit card at the moment or ever.

THIS IS A REGULAR VISA CREDIT CARD with Playstation brand on it. So if you already use your current CC for everyday purchases; such as Gas, Groceries, Phone, Cable etc. Just use this Playstation card until it hits $3000 + $400 for the PS3 within 6 months, collect the $300 off. Don't forget to pay it in full (at the very least by the end of 12 months since it's interest free for 12 months.) THEN YOU CAN KEEP USING THIS CARD TO COLLECT SONY POINTS OR GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CC.

THIS PROMO WORKS BEST FOR "RESPONSIBLE" PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CREDIT CARD COMPANY (GETTING PAID FOR BORROWING INTEREST FREE MONEY FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS EVERY MONTH) AND USE THE CC FOR EVERYDAY PURCHASES TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFIT.

PS3 = $ 299.99 - $ 300 - Reward Point Statement Credit = FREE + $$$.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Events/PlaystationCreditCard/index.html

Get up to $300 back with the PlayStation® Card

SPECIAL OFFER: Apply now for the PlayStation® Card, get instantly approved and get $100 card credit when you purchase a PlayStation®3 system with your new PlayStation® Card.1

BONUS OFFER: Use your PlayStation® Card on your everyday purchases, spend an additional $3,000 or more and qualify for an extra $200 card credits.1
Every time you use the PlayStation® Card - whether it's on digital goods and subscriptions at PlayStation®3 Home, or on everyday purchases like groceries, gasoline or dining - you'll earn valuable Sony Rewards Points redeemable towards the latest Sony products such as: PlayStation® games, Blu-ray Disc™ movies, Sony electronics and much more!2

Terms and Conditions
1. Your first single sales receipt of any products or services purchase(s) made at SonyStyle.com only, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") within the first 45 days your account is open will automatically qualify you for the first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation® Card account 8-12 weeks after your Special or Qualifying Purchase (Qualifying Purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. You will qualify for a second $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 within the first 3 months of account open date. You will qualify for a third $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 by your 6 month anniversary. Limit of three (3) $100 card credits to each new PlayStation® Card account, after each qualifying spend limit is met within the specified timeframes described above. This offer may not be combined with any other Sony Card or PlayStation® Card offer. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case Instant Credit will be unavailable. When you are approved for the PlayStation® Card, you will receive your account and CVV2 number and expiration date on-screen. Please make sure to make note of your account and CVV2 number and expiration date as this information will not be available until you receive your card in the mail. If you are approved, you will be able to make a one-time purchase at SonyRewards.com only, with up to a maximum line of credit of $5,000. Additional purchases with this account cannot be made until your card is received in the mail. This promotional offer is available for new PlayStation® Card account holders only; existing PlayStation® Card account holders or accounts are not eligible. Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. PlayStation® Card credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. See Pricing and rewards for details.
2. You will earn 5 points for each $1 of net purchases made with your Sony Card at Sony Style stores and www.sonystyle.com. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases made with your Sony Card. Purchases of Sony products made at any authorized Sony retailer that earn 1 point for each $1 spent (excluding www.sony.com/playstationcard) are eligible for an additional 2 points from Sony Electronics, Inc. Please visit www.sony.com/playstationcard for more details. Sony Electronics, Inc. is wholly responsible for fulfillment of 2 bonus points. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, travelers checks, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok have some news for the people that signed up with the $300 back offer this time... I signed up last week... want to say on Thursday... and I received both my card and ps3 today...

I called to activate the card and for some reason it made me talk to a rep... which in all wasn't more than a 30 second wait (was very surprised)... anyway she started giving me all the details about my card like the amount of my purchase and that I had already been credited with the $100 back...

Anyway to make a long story short while I had her on the line I asked if my account showed the rest of the promotion and she confirmed that it had the second $100 at 1799.00 in first 93 days and second $100 at 3299 in first 180ish days...

So we will be getting the whole offer without having to complain :bouncy:
Just figured some people would like to have the confimation on this...

[quote name='Afflicted']Anyway to make a long story short while I had her on the line I asked if my account showed the rest of the promotion and she confirmed that it had the second $100 at 1799.00 in first 93 days and second $100 at 3299 in first 180ish days...

So we will be getting the whole offer without having to complain. Just figured some people would like to have the confimation on this...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I too signed-up last week so I should be on the same football field as you. But when I call to activate the card, I will ask about my promo details as well.

[quote name='Afflicted']ok have some news for the people that signed up with the $300 back offer this time... I signed up last week... want to say on Thursday... and I received both my card and ps3 today...

I called to activate the card and for some reason it made me talk to a rep... which in all wasn't more than a 30 second wait (was very surprised)... anyway she started giving me all the details about my card like the amount of my purchase and that I had already been credited with the $100 back...

Anyway to make a long story short while I had her on the line I asked if my account showed the rest of the promotion and she confirmed that it had the second $100 at 1799.00 in first 93 days and second $100 at 3299 in first 180ish days...

So we will be getting the whole offer without having to complain :bouncy:
Just figured some people would like to have the confimation on this...[/QUOTE]

+1 And when I talked to her, I asked her if there was any restriction on where to spend the first $299, and she said it didn't say anything in her system on what to buy, where to buy it, or anything. Just that the first qualifying purchase had to be $299 (actually I don't even know if the $299 had to be together). Anyways, so I guess it seems like you don't have to buy the ps3 from sonystyle. I bought it from there just because I know that was the "intent" of the offer, and don't want to get screwed in the future. However, those that are a little more daring, might try to get the ps3 elsewhere or some other stuff with this promotion.

I signed up during the original offer of the $300 cashback, $100 at a time. I just got my statement yesterday, and there was no $100 credit. Can't wait to see how this goes when I call them today.

[quote name='LCS213']I signed up during the original offer of the $300 cashback, $100 at a time. I just got my statement yesterday, and there was no $100 credit. Can't wait to see how this goes when I call them today.[/QUOTE]

You may need to wait a little longer for the credit to show up.

[quote name='zeldaking']You may need to wait a little longer for the credit to show up.[/QUOTE]

Seems weird when some people had their credit posted before they even activated the card. Anyone know what the best # to call would be? Was there a promo code or anything?

^^^^ You shouldn't be able to get the $100 credit until you spend the $300 at SonyStyle.

You shouldn't be able to buy anything until the card is activated.

Maybe some are getting lucky, getting the credit automatically without a purchase while others may have to make that first purchase to to get the $100 credit.

I don't have my card yet, so I don't know what number you should call.

No, that's not true. When you get approved for the card, they email you the information (card #, etc), so I used that to place the order on Sonystyle. I'll call tomorrow with fingers crossed.

I bought mine on Sony style right away and already have received the $100 credit. I also just charged $5k on it yesterday, so let's see if I get the other $200.

Well, as an update for anyone who cares, they told me that the credit will appear after I make my first payment. This was to ensure people wouldn't order, then return the product and have a $100 credit. But I checked my activity online and the $100 was indeed posted. Most likely after my statement printed.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Another thing to note.
I found out that the Playstation Card is a Visa Signature card. With a Signature card you can get 2 for 1 movie tickets on Fandango, but it is only one free ticket per month. I will definitely be using this card in the future on movies, even after the promo is over.

http://www.fandango.com/promo/VisaSignature[/QUOTE]

unfortunately no theaters in my area sell tickets through fandango... so kinda ymmv on this...

[quote name='Afflicted']unfortunately no theaters in my area sell tickets through fandango... so kinda ymmv on this...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it ymmv. If Fry's has a deal in store, then it isn't ymmv, Fry's has a verified deal. People in the East are just out of luck.

Ok, I complained earlier in the thread about not getting immediate approval. Somebody earlier claimed if you didn't get immediate approval you got rejected. I seriously doubt this is the case. If you have a fraud lock on your credit because you are with LifeLock or something similar, they aren't ever going to approve these immediately because of the extra verification they have to do. They sent me a letter a few days ago, I had to call and confirm some things, and my app is still pending.

After this mess I'm going to be real surprised if I get the $300 credit without bitching since this has drug on so long.

I forgot about the fraud lock while I was typing the initial response, but thought of it later and wondered if I would eventually hear from them. . .

For those lucky enough to get in on the $300 credit promo, there is a way to make sure you hit your target dollar amounts within the 3 and 6-month timeframes.

Just order $1 coins from the U.S. Mint ($250 or $500 rolls) and charge them to your Visa PlayStation card. Circulating coins ship for free; when you receive them, just deposit the coins into your brick & mortar bank account.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=directShip

[quote name='zeldaking']For those lucky enough to get in on the $300 credit promo, there is a way to make sure you hit your target dollar amounts within the 3 and 6-month timeframes.

Just order $1 coins from the U.S. Mint ($250 or $500 rolls) and charge them to your Visa PlayStation card. Circulating coins ship for free; when you receive them, just deposit the coins into your brick & mortar bank account.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=directShip[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the trick. :)

[quote name='cod4rulez4']^ Yep, I have $2500 in coins arriving on Monday :)[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was thinking of just buying in $500 increments. Have fun carrying $2500 worth of coins into the bank!

[quote name='cod4rulez4']^ Yep, I have $2500 in coins arriving on Monday :)[/QUOTE]

Do they send you a tracking number?

I'm waiting to see if I get the $300 credit...still waiting on the PS3 to show up....says it shipped, but FedEx still does not report on the tracking #. When I signed up I did print out the stipulations for rewards on the page (with a date on it) showing the $300 in rewards.

The coins does not seem like a bad way to go, although I could easily put that on the CC just by doing gas, groceries, and household items...not too hard when you have a child.

My wife just got an approval email yesterday (she applied a few weeks ago when it was $300 back).

In the email it lays out the details on how to get $300 back, so looks like we'll be getting a free PS3. :D

[quote name='AdamBomb629']I bought mine on Sony style right away and already have received the $100 credit. I also just charged $5k on it yesterday, so let's see if I get the other $200.[/QUOTE]

Don't think it works that way. You met the requirement to get $100 for the first 3 months, but you'll probably have to spend another $1500 during the months 4-6 to get the final $100.

[quote name='Punk0']Don't think it works that way. You met the requirement to get $100 for the first 3 months, but you'll probably have to spend another $1500 during the months 4-6 to get the final $100.[/QUOTE]

when I spoke to customer service the day I activated the card... I was given number of days you had to make the purchases... they said nothing of having to occur between certain days... so he should be fine

[quote name='HarryTruman']My wife just got an approval email yesterday (she applied a few weeks ago when it was $300 back).

In the email it lays out the details on how to get $300 back, so looks like we'll be getting a free PS3. :D[/QUOTE]

Congrats :)

[quote name='Punk0']Don't think it works that way. You met the requirement to get $100 for the first 3 months, but you'll probably have to spend another $1500 during the months 4-6 to get the final $100.[/QUOTE]

When I spoke with Sony when I applied for the card, they confirmed that as long as you hit 3,000 within 6 months, you get the bonus $200.

Just wana share my experience. :)

I applied to this PS card during the $300 promotion on 1st September. I didn't receive any reply or response until 9th September. I received a letter from Chase that they were not able to verify my birthdate and physical address (I am an international student). I called and asked if I can still get the $300 promotion if I send a copy of my ID in immediately, because the promotion has ended on 8th September. They told me that the promotion is still valid toward my account as long as I apply during the promotion period. I sent a copy of my ID to Chase on 10th September. And I received an email from Sony on 20th September about the $300 promotion. I called Chase, they told me my application has been approved and the card was sent on 17th September. I asked if they will send me my card number and information so that I can purchase a PS3 now. They said no, I've to wait for the card to arrive, which is next week.

It seems that I just have a very different experience compared to most of the people here.:cold:
Hopefully I can get the card and order a PS3 soon. Or even better... if they start selling a 250GB PS3 Slim bundle soon. :D Thank to OP for sharing this great deal!

Email I received from Sony:
sonycard.jpg

No, it works the way I thought. $5300 charged already in 1 month, $300 in credits issued. Woohoo!

[quote name='tim44']Yep, get ready for your rejection letter.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Please don't spread misinformation. A fraud alert and many other reasons can stop you from getting approved for a CC immediately. I got approved just fine, it just took longer.

[quote name='sky03']u still get 100 back[/QUOTE]

You must be approved for the PlayStation® Card and your account must be opened by 09/30/2009.

So anyone looking to take advantage of the deal from that link, tomorrow is the last day.

The original deal, $300 in credits for $3299 in purchases, can still be done using a Sony Visa instead of the Playstation Card (credit to dp1fw on SlickDeals for the link).

The link to sign up is as follows:

www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card&XID=A:361116:10 383604:FW88ewnj

The link is a little unreliable as it sometimes may redirect you to Sony Vaio laptops, but it will work if you try it a few times and/or switch browsers or clean your cache.

Could someone clarify the new deal for me? I already signed up over a month ago and got a PS3 (much thanks for the posts) and I am following the detailed rules to get the credit. BUT I told my brother-in-law about this and he wants to do it now.

Is this statement correct?
$100 credit for first purchase of PS3 at Sony website and then $50 for $1500 spent in first 3 months and the same for months 4-6. So a PS3 ends up being $100?

[quote name='FrankyCheech']The original deal, $300 in credits for $3299 in purchases, can still be done using a Sony Visa instead of the Playstation Card (credit to dp1fw on SlickDeals for the link).

www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card&XID=A:361116:10 383604:FW88ewnj

The link is a little unreliable as it sometimes may redirect you to Sony Vaio laptops, but it will work if you try it a few times and/or switch browsers or clean your cache.[/QUOTE]

Cool so this is even better than the playstation card deal since you can spend 300 anywhere like amazon and not have to pay tax or shipping?

[quote name='rydude87']Cool so this is even better than the playstation card deal since you can spend 300 anywhere like amazon and not have to pay tax or shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You can get it anywhere...

I bought the 80 GB and sony gave me $400 total. I also got triple points at first, so got two free PS3 games and two iPod stereos... I suppose I could have got another PS3 instead... better than the $50 for the Xbox 360 Elite...

[quote name='Spinshag']Yeah. You can get it anywhere...

I bought the 80 GB and sony gave me $400 total. I also got triple points at first, so got two free PS3 games and two iPod stereos... I suppose I could have got another PS3 instead... better than the $50 for the Xbox 360 Elite...[/QUOTE]

Was the triple points deal the current promotion when you signed up? I don't see any mention of it now.

So you got 15 points for every dollar spent on top of multiple $100 credits?

EDIT: After looking at the exchange rate for the rewards you must have gotten a PS3 along time ago.

This is a very interesting deal. However, let me ask a stupid question. If I pay off my debt within a year, I won't have to pay any interest right? (This is for the Sony Visa card) Thanks.

[quote name='FrankyCheech']The original deal, $300 in credits for $3299 in purchases, can still be done using a Sony Visa instead of the Playstation Card (credit to dp1fw on SlickDeals for the link).

The link is a little unreliable as it sometimes may redirect you to Sony Vaio laptops, but it will work if you try it a few times and/or switch browsers or clean your cache.[/QUOTE]

That link is kind of funny... at least on my browser. It shows $ 50 credit on the picture (which is the current promo).. but has the $100 + extra $200 on the details..

[quote name='gi60']That link is kind of funny... at least on my browser. It shows $ 50 credit on the picture (which is the current promo).. but has the $100 + extra $200 on the details..[/QUOTE]

Yeah it did that for me as well. I signed up with that link anyway and bought the PS3 slim from SonyStyle.com. I have been granted the $100 credit for the first $299 purchase so far, but have not charged enough for the other credits yet.

[quote name='gi60']That link is kind of funny... at least on my browser. It shows $ 50 credit on the picture (which is the current promo).. but has the $100 + extra $200 on the details..[/QUOTE]

I cannot get that link to work at all, across 3 browsers. All I can see now is the $100 credit deal from the OP, but i see no mention of the extra money back, per the OP.

Is anyone seeing anything different?

[quote name='plong']I cannot get that link to work at all, across 3 browsers. All I can see now is the $100 credit deal from the OP, but i see no mention of the extra money back, per the OP.

Is anyone seeing anything different?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like the link is dead now.

bread's done
Back