Update:GOW 4 coming Sept. 2012 w/possible multiplayer?

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This will probably be the last GOW on PS3 I'm glad there not trying to make this into a yearly release like AC & run the series in the ground. Maybe with the success of Kratos in MK Sony may think outta the box & offer a completely new fighter game using their characters a la smash bros but mature rated.

New update: Possible multiplayer in GOW4
http://sillegamer.com/2011/12/27/go...nline-co-op-with-kratos-deimos-psm3-jan-2012/

Link:
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85686/source-god-of-war-4-to-be-released-in-september-2012/

Last edited by a moderator:
GOW4:
Undead Kratos. How are they supposed to do GOW with Kratos dead? They should just start a new franchise.

They'll probably use a different main character.

I'm only kind of interested. The games always look nice, but I get bored playing them. Boss fights are cool, but everything in between is boring.

Just fired up GoW3 for the first time this weekend... started the same as the other 4 in the series I played so far (the ps2 and psp games), but I'll plow through.. game is a beaut.

But wtf.. I thought
Zeus died
at the end of 2.. maybe my memory is wrong.

[quote name='QiG']Just fired up GoW3 for the first time this weekend... started the same as the other 4 in the series I played so far (the ps2 and psp games), but I'll plow through.. game is a beaut.

But wtf.. I thought
Zeus died
at the end of 2.. maybe my memory is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your memory is way wrong. God of War 3 wouldn't even exist if that were the case

[quote name='madbst']GOW4:
Undead Kratos. How are they supposed to do GOW with Kratos dead? They should just start a new franchise.
[/QUOTE]

hell be ressurected or maybe hes got some bastard kids running around. considering the game took on a biblical tone towards then end ill be interesting to see if he fights with jesus. maybe one of the weapons he will get will be the jawbone of an ass or a sodom and gamorah power to turn enemies into salt......

[quote name='QiG']Just fired up GoW3 for the first time this weekend... started the same as the other 4 in the series I played so far (the ps2 and psp games), but I'll plow through.. game is a beaut.

But wtf.. I thought
Zeus died
at the end of 2.. maybe my memory is wrong.[/QUOTE]

athena is the one who died at the end of gow2.

Wait, I thought GoW3 ended with
Kratos still alive? The after credits thing left it totally up in the air and that's how I took it atleast. I could see this being about him fighting other deities, maybe fighting some Japanese gods? That's be fuckin' cool.

Put RUMOR in the title for now.

I'm not really in the mood for more God of War right now. Next one I'll play is Ghost of Sparta when it's $20 or less. God of War III was really disappointing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wait, I thought GoW3 ended with
Kratos still alive? The after credits thing left it totally up in the air and that's how I took it atleast. I could see this being about him fighting other deities, maybe fighting some Japanese gods? That's be fuckin' cool.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure
he's dead. I don't see how he could climb down the mountain with a huge hole in him

Then again, if the creators want it to be that way then I'm sure they'll find a reason for it to be :lol:

You act like Kratos has never gotten stabbed in the chest and just waltz back out of Hades just fine. In fact he did.

Twice.

[quote name='Buuhan1']You act like Kratos has never gotten stabbed in the chest and just waltz back out of Hades just fine. In fact he did.

Twice.[/QUOTE]

But he didn't have a huge hole in him while he was climbing out of Hades.

[quote name='whoknows']But he didn't have a huge hole in him while he was climbing out of Hades.[/QUOTE]
But he's Kratos and I personally can't see much killing him.

I love the GOW series, and #3 started off crazy!! I didn't really enjoy #3 as much as #2's story. I didn't feel like it was the "best" conclusion. I don't mind them making more GOW's regardless of who the main character is, I just like the gameplay and beating the crap out of everything. Haha.

I'm still bitter that Jaffe's original ending idea never came to be.

The one where you kill Zeus in the first 5 minutes, then fight the other mythologies and essentially end the old religions.

Sure it's ridiculous, but it could have made for some great stages and boss battles.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wait, I thought GoW3 ended with
[/QUOTE]
He killed all of the gods, so how would there be any left? It's just the humans that control their lives and their destiny at the end of 3, so I don't know how they'd do that unless they reboot the series into a completely new mythology.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In God Of War 3
Zeus and Gaia talk about 'the other pawn', so maybe the new game will focus on a long lost brother of Kratos or something
.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's what Ghost of Sparta was all about...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
He killed all of the gods, so how would there be any left? It's just the humans that control their lives and their destiny at the end of 3, so I don't know how they'd do that unless they reboot the series into a completely new mythology.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe there are other gods in other parts of the world? I know there was another idea for a God of War game where Kratos would hunt down deities from other regions (concept for GoW2 maybe?), I don't remember exactly what the premise was, but I could see them doing that with Kratos for this.

What could they possibly do? Is Kratos going to having kill Zeus again in the spirits form (the form Athena took in GoW3).

What they should do is give the two PSP games an HD make over. They're absolutely fantastic and would greatly benefit from dual analog control.

You want it to have sixaxis/move capabilities? XD

I think they control fantastically, I don't want them to change that. I would like the game to be a teeeny bit longer than 3 was though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Maybe there are other gods in other parts of the world? I know there was another idea for a God of War game where Kratos would hunt down deities from other regions (concept for GoW2 maybe?), I don't remember exactly what the premise was, but I could see them doing that with Kratos for this.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe as a prototype for the first game, but that doesn't really make sense with the state of the world by the end of 3. It would be weird if the catastrophes Kratos caused only applied to a certain region of the world. It would require a reboot, which isn't what the rumor is suggesting.

bread's done
Back