UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

[quote name='Cmosfm']Anyone have any idea how big the Guitar is going to be? I don't want to buy it and it come with a damn 12" Guitar.[/QUOTE]
Take the gameinformer picture and you'll see a ps2 game box...

PRE-ORDER and just cancel it if you don't get the guitar.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't want this

[quote name='cyrix`']Take the gameinformer picture and you'll see a ps2 game box...

PRE-ORDER and just cancel it if you don't get the guitar.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't want this[/QUOTE]

Wow, full size! Nice. I'm heading to EB Games today to preorder it, you always have a better chance in store. At least this is something I REALLY want instead of Trauma Center. :)

QUOTE: Be warned that all the songs are performed by soundalikes, but they sound ridiculously close to the originals. They even distort the voice in Iron Man just like Ozzy. /QUOTE (Gameinformer)

Does anyone know exactly what this means? The songs look awesome, but I wonder how good the songs will actually sound.

[quote name='tayaf69']QUOTE: Be warned that all the songs are performed by soundalikes, but they sound ridiculously close to the originals. They even distort the voice in Iron Man just like Ozzy. /QUOTE (Gameinformer)

Does anyone know exactly what this means? The songs look awesome, but I wonder how good the songs will actually sound.[/QUOTE]

That means they didn't want to pay ridiculous licensing fee's to license each song's original artists, instead they use different singers that sound almost like the original.

Think "Donkey Konga"

[quote name='Cmosfm']That means they didn't want to pay ridiculous licensing fee's to license each song's original artists, instead they use different singers that sound almost like the original.

Think "Donkey Konga"[/QUOTE]
I never played Donkey Konga. So, the songs in DK do sound excellent though? If so, I'll be getting 2 of these games as well

[quote name='tayaf69']I never played Donkey Konga. So, the songs in DK do sound excellent though? If so, I'll be getting 2 of these games as well[/QUOTE]

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the soundalikes in Konga, and I think that the soundalikes in this will be excellent as well! I'd say go ahead and pre-order. :)

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'm very satisfied with the quality of the soundalikes in Konga, and I think that the soundalikes in this will be excellent as well! I'd say go ahead and pre-order. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these should be good, as the sound-a-likes in Karaoke Revolution 2 and 3 (both also developed by Harmonix) were pretty darn good.

The soundalikes have been good in other Harmonix games, i.e. Karaoke Revolutions. Only on really fickle songs can you tell, like anything by Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, etc.

[quote name='Samurai T']I would be so happy if that was the price. I badly want the game, but I was affraid it would be priced kind of high.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, go to the store and preorder and and pay it off in full at 49.99, you go to pick it up...it's paid off!

You can do it online too but its more of a chance that you won't get it.

I don't think the old GF controllers will work. The whammy bar is ANALOG, so it's not like it replaces one of the buttons on the GF controller.

Just went to EBGames and preordered mine, paid in full. :cool:

They only have it listed in the computer as "Guitar Hero" though.

[quote name='Minger']I'll pass - if its ever Bass Guitar Hero, gimme a heads up though.[/QUOTE]

Guitar Freaks had a Bass Mode, where you could play the bass instead. It's possibly that they'll do that for this one too.

The reason for sound-a-likes is so they can program the guitar parts in sections and make it easier and clearer to hear.

[quote name='Wario64']will they actually honor the $49? i was stupid enough to not preorder it and if they are, i'm gonna be pissed[/QUOTE]

I hear always have before, and I have it listed as "paid in full" in-store. :)

EDIT: I think they have it listed paid-in-full, or maybe I just have it as paid "52.49".

Is there anyone in here who has done this instore before and had the price go up? If so, how do you handle it and how does the store handle it?

[quote name='lorddct']You have to pay the remainding portion. You won't get it for $49.99[/QUOTE]

There's tons of people that disagree with you and it's worked for, I'd like to hear from one of those guys, thank you.

[quote name='Wario64']will they actually honor the $49? i was stupid enough to not preorder it and if they are, i'm gonna be pissed[/QUOTE]

EB is great when it comes to price mistakes. We'll get it at the cheaper price, I'll wager. If it were Gamestop, they'd say, "No!," and give us a coupon code or something, but I'll bet this will go through.

Well, looking at my order page, It still shows that I paid $49 plus shipping. I wonder if that matters or not?! Lets keep our fingers crossed.

[quote name='Sancho1978']Well, looking at my order page, It still shows that I paid $49 plus shipping. I wonder if that matters or not?! Lets keep our fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

I did it instore myself, maybe I should have done it online. I know everyone there personally so I don't think I should have a problem.

Whoa....I just preordered in full ($52.49) when I went to pick up Nintendogs today. Hope they'll honor it.....$80 is pretty steep.

how is $80 steep when you're getting the game AND the guitar controller? i wouldn't say it's "steep" but it's definitely a little more expensive compared to bundled games like DDR and Karaoke Revolution. shit, Samba De Amigo went for $100+, and that wasn't even packaged together.

now Beatmania... i'd expect that to command something fierce when it hits next year.

[quote name='russtophiles']Whoa....I just preordered in full ($52.49) when I went to pick up Nintendogs today. Hope they'll honor it.....$80 is pretty steep.[/QUOTE]
Just called my local EB. They looked it up in the system and it's still $50. I think I'll preorder it when I pick up Nintendogs tonight.

So if you're still interested in it for $50, the deal appears to be still good in-store, but I bet today is the last day. The stores should get sync'd with the Web site first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck,

-DM

Darn! I really want this game, but I don't have $50 on me right now to put down on it. This sucks majorly. If I put $5 down on it today and it was still listed as $50, would I only have to pay $50 when it comes out or would I have to pay the full thing?

EDIT: AH! I just had a brilliant idea! I could take the credit from my Twilight Princess reservation and switch it to Guitar Heroes! Are you all sure that you can get it for $50 if you reserve it today in-store and it's still listed as being $50? Because I don't want to switch my reservation unless you are almost positive.

You may get it from the EBgames.com, But I can say you will have a harder time getting the game instore for the price. Same thing happened to me for Star Ocean which I pre-ordered for the lower price and they made me pay the extra amount. But you may also get a manager / sales associate which will let it fly but usually you won't be as lucky in store with my experience.

I also had it happen with GT4. I pre-ordered it for the lower cost and they made me pay the difference.

Anyone know if EB can jack the price up on you *AFTER* you pre-order a game? I just stopped by the local EB today and pre-ordered the Guitar Hero bundle that was listed at $49.99. I only put $5 down and not the full amount though. I'm worried that when I go in to put the rest of the money down on it when it's time to pick it up, I'll be charged the full $79.99.

Can they do this to me since I haven't paid the full amount, or is the $49.99 price set in stone for me now that I put the $5 down on it?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i know it was $49.99 and then shot up to $79.99...well now it's $69.99 and w/ new pictures up....also, someone mentioned in another thread that OPM gave it a 4.5/5[/QUOTE]

It's still 79.99 on EBGames.com, where are these new pics?

[quote name='Cmosfm']It's still 79.99 on EBGames.com, where are these new pics?[/QUOTE]

my bad, it's $69.99 now on GameStop

i didn't even bother to include that important information :lol: it would help if i didn't always get on here right after waking up and right before going to bed

as for the new pics, it used to just be a picture like this:

257934.jpg

but now, they have this up (i dont know for how long now, i just noticed it)

280005b.jpg

EDIT: by the way, OP...you're welcome for the update ;)

[quote name='Cmosfm']I wonder what that thing is...

280005b2ai.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Maybe those are ultra crazy kool stickers to snazz up that axe - heh

[quote name='bordjon']Maybe those are ultra crazy kool stickers to snazz up that axe - heh[/QUOTE]
i think you win.

I preordered this game when EB had it for $49.99, but I only paid $5 on it. Then, a couple of weeks ago when I had a lot trade-in credit, I paid the rest of it off. They only charged $45.35. So it seems that I am still in on the $50 price even though I didn't pay in full back when I preordered.

They could still stick me for another $20-30 when I go to pick it up but, for right now, things are looking good.

[quote name='ransom456'] it seems that I am still in on the $50 price even though I didn't pay in full back when I preordered.

They could still stick me for another $20-30 when I go to pick it up but, for right now, things are looking good.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me if you have a receipt showing the 49.99 price as paid in full, they are legally obligated to sell it to you at that price. If they didn't, that would be as bad as those moving companies that quote you a price for moving your crap, then jack up the price when they get to your new place, holding your belongings hostage until you pay...

Well no one wanted to enter my lil' contest to get a 20% off Gamestop coupon. I figured one of you folks might want to use it on this or something else at Gamestop. I guess it expires at midnight on the West Coast.

5389D334C405
Someone post if they use it and let me know if it worked or not.

[quote name='bordjon']Maybe those are ultra crazy kool stickers to snazz up that axe - heh[/QUOTE]

Indeed, you are correct- those are stickers.

$70 aint that bad but I have to really wonder how much I would actually play it. Sure it sounds sweet now...but who knows in the short future.

I'm holding out for the Limited Edition Flying-V version of the controller with the pre-order bonus spandex tights.

This is gonna be me, baby!

ExposedSlayer3.jpg

Finally something from harmonix that's not "Karaoke Revolution". This is the closest thing to Amplitude 2 that's coming for the time being, so I'm on board.

bread's done
Back