UPDATE: I Might Have Gotten Scammed By sum4rcks1, (sum41rcks1 speaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear that yet another CAG has decided to scam...

i can tell you that this guy was shady from the beginning, and i'm glad that i never even talked with him

good luck to you guys and i hope he gets what he deserves

[quote name='Moffman82']Clue #1: Never trust someone who's user id proclaims the quote unquote "greatness" of one of the "WORST" rock/punk wannabe groups in the history of "SHIT-TASTIC" teen angst riddled music. I remember when their first crap ass single came out way back when and it was like listening to a pre pubescent 12 year old arguing with their parents. What trash![/QUOTE]

Funny, his new ID (on that game trade site) is HollywoodUndead :lol:\\:D/

AHA, i just realized that I have something to hold against sum41rcks1. We did a gameshare. He hasn't been on for a few days, I'm going to change my password and he still has his password set as the same. I can just go in and change his and keep his PSN account hostage lol.

I believe he was in GameTZ.com chat a few weeks ago talking about how he was about to quit CAG soon, kind of an odd thing to say.

[quote name='Josef']Funny, his new ID (on that game trade site) is HollywoodUndead :lol:\\:D/[/QUOTE]
LOL! I know right. Two crappy ass bands. I saw the teen red flag a mile away.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']AHA, i just realized that I have something to hold against sum41rcks1. We did a gameshare. He hasn't been on for a few days, I'm going to change my password and he still has his password set as the same. I can just go in and change his and keep his PSN account hostage lol.[/QUOTE]
Delete it if he doesn't respond. Jackass will probably whine to Sony so I suggest you destroy it, not without sending love letters to all his friends first though.

[quote name='freshzen']I believe he was in GameTZ.com chat a few weeks ago talking about how he was about to quit CAG soon, kind of an odd thing to say.[/QUOTE]

He made a post bitching about how he was leaving CAG a week or two ago because CAG sucks or someting. But then he started posting again on the forums a few days later.

First off, someone should have PM'd a mod, and I just ran into this thread by accident, as I didn't see it earlier.

sum41rcks is in Trading Time Out, so he won't be able to try any more funny stuff.

To the OP, file a Paypal dispute for starters, if you haven't already. Just because he paid you some of the money doesn't mean he's not on the stick for the rest.

Once you get his address, find the phone # to his local police department and contact them. Everyone that has bad dealings with him should do this, as more complaints gets the police to treat it with more seriousness.

Track down a phone number for him if you can, and call the number. He might be underage, and then his parents get involved. If he's not underage, then try contacting him and see what can happen. Pass the phone # along to all reports filed.

Also, go file mail fraud with the local USPS office, as this is mail fraud, which is a felony, and involves the Postal Inspectors, the FBI and other government organizations.

Furthermore, file a report on www.ic3.gov, which is the site that deals with this type of situation.

Also, we don't need threats to other people posted on here,

CAG iTrader is a far better measure of feedback on people's progress in trading and how reliable they are. Like anywhere such as eBay, GTZ, TGN and the like, it's not 100% foolproof.

If he's trying to pull a fast one, play hardball with him.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']AHA, i just realized that I have something to hold against sum41rcks1. We did a gameshare. He hasn't been on for a few days, I'm going to change my password and he still has his password set as the same. I can just go in and change his and keep his PSN account hostage lol.[/QUOTE]Completely up to you, though that can also bite you in the ass. I'd certainly go change your password, and if his is set to the same, it's your decision on what to do with his account.

[quote name='ohboy10451']name looks VERY familiar. Also, look out for EnronLackey. Dude sends me a "sealed" game with no disc inside and damaged manual. The plastic was actually taped on. Almost didnt realize either[/QUOTE]

pmed me bout trading some of my games and he was under the impression that i already shipped even though i said id think about it, how do i know this? He copy pasted my description and pics on his own tl before i pmed him askig him why he wanted something he already had

[quote name='xcopy']I received multiple addresses. I'll check on the first one.[/QUOTE]

Kick his ass Sea bass!

In all serious it would be cool If you found him, and got back the games for the op. The op seems like a nice guy, and this is just going to make him think about not trading when there is ton of great cags.

Whatever happens, I hope it all gets worked out... Glad AsianOnRoute69 posted this... looks like you're the only one he tried to scam...

wow thats horrible. i have never traded here on CAG and im still fairly new but being scammed by fellow CAG members is a shame. some people just have some nerve. :bomb:

i hope you get your money back. always pay with a credit card. if you get scammed you can do a chargeback.

lol, gotta say I hate blogs, but that was quite entertaining. I noticed him while in my tradelist thread and saw he was disabled from trading. Glad I never actually when though a trade with him.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']AHA, i just realized that I have something to hold against sum41rcks1. We did a gameshare. He hasn't been on for a few days, I'm going to change my password and he still has his password set as the same. I can just go in and change his and keep his PSN account hostage lol.[/QUOTE]

Ah that just sounds hilarious. :D Make sure to contact everybody he knows, and proclaim your deep manlove for them using his account.

s1017428395_5875.jpg

I'm just so upset in losing two games I payed $59.99 and $29.99 for (not including tax). I posted it since maybe someone has a Facebook, and to point out that fact that he is 17, and I know hes mentioned stuff about having careers or whatever.

edit- it looks like his face or place, or whatever facebook calls it is missing. Like maybe he changed his name or something? Maybe I got a bad link.

edit 2-eh deleted, if interested just p.m me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.... I am on the GTZ chat quite often. I almost traded with HollywoodUndead on the chat. HollywoodUndead was saying something about that he is not Sum41, he says that is his older brother and he took over the HollywoodUndead account from him since it had feedback. Kinda crazy. Glad I didn't trade with him.

Delete every bit of Sum41 from here. He was such a doucher, and a manipulator. I'm glad I never did any business with him, and the fact that he placed joke bids on Goombas auto lowball system. He just needs to be done. We need to ban him, and wash off our hands. We need to move on. Forget the bad apple on a tree full of good apples. Let him rot.

oh man if you woulda offered me Uncharted when you wanted to trade with me I woulda deal with you already you wouldn't have been scammd. =( sad to hear that man. Hope he'll pay you soon. If not definitely get the cops/mail frauds involve as you have his address. May be look up the phone number and try to get in touch with his parent.

[quote name='luan87us']oh man if you woulda offered me Uncharted when you wanted to trade with me I woulda deal with you already you wouldn't have been scammd. =( sad to hear that man. Hope he'll pay you soon. If not definitely get the cops/mail frauds involve as you have his address. May be look up the phone number and try to get in touch with his parent.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, another Utah CAG? From West Jordan nonetheless... I'm looking to more out there in the next month or so.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Well, this might all be over. I just spoke to sum41rcks1 and he says the games he was supposed to send me were shipped back to him today, and that he has finished paying the rest of the OP's money. He says he's sending it overnight with delivery confirmation, so hopefully I receive it Saturday. I just wanna get the games I traded for and have this whole mess over with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is over until you all have your items.

It's up to the mods what his fate will be. Even if he isn't a scammer, his behavior and backing out of bids and trades isn't acceptable here.

"Quit" a trading forum? What an absurb concept. "Stop trading on," perhaps.

After this guy makes amends I say ban his ass and send him an email stating that he should just be glad the authorities didn't get involved and effectively end his life with the felony charges he has earned through his actions.

He's funny. He'll only pay once he recieves he items. Well the funny thing it's a lot easier for him to get his money back ( through Paypal) then it would be for the items to be gotten back.... backwards logic. That's why I don't mind paying someone. I don't receive my stuff. I file for a refund. Get my money back, and wipe my hands of it. How does he have 50K and not have the money to pay for things? It's called you spend 50$ out of the 50K, then when you get paid you put the 50$ back into the 50K, or better yet. You can control your fucking spending and don't fuck people out of items, money, bids, etc.

I was actually going to buy things off of him until I saw previous posts that he had made where he had the same item that he was "selling" waiting on payment from a lowball. He just made himself into a scammer by not thinking things out. Theres been plenty of times in a lowball where I was so close on money that I just stoped bidding, but If I won a item I still paid. Didn't ask to retract shit. Hints why now I stay away from most lowballs so I can save my money I need to for my tv.

I just hope everyone gets there stuff, and everything is where it belongs.

Okay, he just went me another message:

Alright, and can you tell everyone in the thread, that any items I have received, I will pay for and/or will send the items for tomorrow. But those items I did not receive I will not pay for and they cannot do anything about it since I havent gotten the item anyways. ... and if I receive any more threats, I will contact the police.

I'm more curious to find out how he's getting any information from this thread, since sum41rcks1 can't read anything in the Trading Forum. Either he has another ID, or someone's feeding him information.

EDIT: Found his duplicate ID. G'bye to that, so no more peeping in here for that.

EDIT 2: Make that two accounts, both gone.

EDIT 3: Both alt accounts haven't been around for a while, so he's not using them to get info. Someone must be feeding him info.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm more curious to find out how he's getting any information from this thread, since sum41rcks can't read anything in the Trading Forum. Either he has another ID, or someone's feeding him information.[/QUOTE]

Why hide behind another ID. If my name was getting shitted on like his is. I'd come forth and say something instead of letting other members post for me.

[quote name='Coper3000']Okay, he just went me another message:

Alright, and can you tell everyone in the thread, that any items I have received, I will pay for and/or will send the items for tomorrow. But those items I did not receive I will not pay for and they cannot do anything about it since I havent gotten the item anyways. ... and if I receive any more threats, I will contact the police.[/QUOTE]

You guys contact the damn police yourself on this guy regardless of the outcome...it's still a fucking felony file changes asap!

Always tomorrow how about right fucking now?

Kthxbie

the only thing that I have told sum41rcks1 about this thread is regarding me wanting my paypal and him paying off everyone else, that is all. I don't know where he is getting all these threat things from.

So, can we confirm he's a minor? If so, I'd get his parents involved since it would probably speed things along if a closer threat got involved.

Couldn't you just log out of the forums and read this if you were sum41?

Or is it an IP banning? Either way, he could just go to another computer and not sign in, right?

[quote name='Yamato']Couldn't you just log out of the forums and read this if you were sum41?

Or is it an IP banning? Either way, he could just go to another computer and not sign in, right?[/QUOTE]He's in Trading Time Out, which removes him from the Trading Forum or any of the sub-forums. He can't see what's going on in here, unless he's using another ID, or someone else is feeding him information, such as y2jd, which I had been told is a buddy of his here and on GTZ.

He's not IP banned (yet), though we'll see how this all plays out.

[quote name='shrike4242']He's in Trading Time Out, which removes him from the Trading Forum or any of the sub-forums. He can't see what's going on in here, unless he's using another ID, or someone else is feeding him information, such as y2jd, which I had been told is a buddy of his here and on GTZ.

He's not IP banned (yet), though we'll see how this all plays out.[/QUOTE]

But he can still log out and view the threads as a guest, can't he?

[quote name='thelonepig']But he can still log out and view the threads as a guest, can't he?[/QUOTE]Anyone can do that, yes.

TTO is mainly used to prevent scammers from posting in the Trading Forum and making threads in there.

Viewing it, yes, you can just do the guest thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back