UPDATE: I Might Have Gotten Scammed By sum4rcks1, (sum41rcks1 speaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='thelonepig']Oh wow, another Utah CAG? From West Jordan nonetheless... I'm looking to more out there in the next month or so.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.[/QUOTE]

hahaha now I know why i can't find any clearance items nowaday :cry:. But I think it more due to the SDers more than CAGs lol.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']the only thing that I have told sum41rcks1 about this thread is regarding me wanting my paypal and him paying off everyone else, that is all. I don't know where he is getting all these threat things from.[/QUOTE]

post his address, ill hand him the information personally in the form of a fist.

[quote name='Ace!']but he has 50K in cash...[/QUOTE]

aww, you beat me to it.... ;)

oh well, im not going to say anything that hasnt been said before. It just seemed to me he was way too much an impulse buyer, and i think he probably got himself in over his head financially. i think thats being generous on my part, but either way, im not trying to defend him. If he cant control his impulsive buying, then thats his problem, and its DEFINATELY a problem for anyone buying or trading with him.

Sorry to hear about the folks that have been affected by sum41rocks. When he first joined, I tried to work out some trades with him and he was either a huge pain in the arse or backed out after we had settled on a trade. Thank goodness I never traded with him, just seems like one major pain in the arse. Hope all works out for everyone and he gets banned from CAG. Ban Hammer!

sum41rcks1 just earned his first negative feedback. Perhaps it's what he needs to "give the site a break."

Here's the PM I sent to him this morning:

Alright, I've given you three chances. I know you've been online since my PM to you yesterday. I'm going to leave you negative feedback and place the items back up on my list for trade. I will be happy to reconsider the feedback if you PM me and can follow through with the transaction sometime today.

I'm sorry to see that the animosity and frustration expressed by other members of the forum is fully justified.

And just for good measure, here's the comment I left with the negative feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to copy and paste the post I left on this thread. For more information, see dv8mad's expose here.

He has yet to pay me for items that he won on the lowball sale. Considering my sale was going on simultaneous with dv8's, I didn't really get the message that anything was wrong until the sale was almost over.

I knew about the lost job situation and had heard that he sometimes takes his time paying, but figured I'd let everything take its course and see what happens.

All of that aside, he doesn't strike me so much as a scammer but as someone who gets in over their head. My understanding is that he has paid everyone eventually. Many people here, myself included, aren't in the business of extending a line of credit and expect to receive payment quickly (this is one reason why I have always insisted on payment before shipment). This is in direct conflict with how sum41rcks1 has been operating and tends to rub us the wrong way.

In any case, he did post in my thread regarding the situation:

[quote name='sum41rcks1']Don't worry, ill pay... as long as your not a jerk to me, im okay with that... (but you sound really nice!)[/QUOTE]

And here's a PM trail:

May 10:
[quote name='sum41rcks1']Hello,

My zipcode is 95070.

Is it okay if I pay within the next 3 days?

Thanks,

Sum41rcks1[/QUOTE]

May 12:
[quote name='thelonepig'] Howdy! I wanted to follow up with you on this payment. How are things coming? :D[/QUOTE]

May 12:
[quote name='sum41rcks1'] Payment should be coming tomorrow afternoon...[/QUOTE]

May 15:
[quote name='thelonepig']
I'd appreciate it if you could keep me updated if you are going to miss making your payment. This is the second time. Please let me know when you intend to pay for the items you won.

I hope everything is going well. If there is a difficulty that will prevent you from paying soon (i.e. sickness) just let me know.[/QUOTE]

May 16:
[quote name='sum41rcks1']I am sorry. I just have been busy and have not had the time to deposit more money into my bank account. I will try to pay early next week ( Monday-Wednesday) If that is okay with you.

Thanks for understanding.[/QUOTE]

May 16:
[quote name='thelonepig']Ah, okay. I know things come up and sometimes it's just not possible. I appreciate the notice and I'll look for the payment early next week. I'll PM you on Friday if I haven't heard from you by then.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, sum41rcks1 has Coper3000 make the following post on his behalf:

[quote name='Coper3000']Okay, he just went me another message:

Alright, and can you tell everyone in the thread, that any items I have received, I will pay for and/or will send the items for tomorrow. But those items I did not receive I will not pay for and they cannot do anything about it since I havent gotten the item anyways. ... and if I receive any more threats, I will contact the police.[/QUOTE]

And then, as promised, I sent a PM to sum41rcks1 at 7am Friday morning (MST).

Heya, as promised I'm following up on the payment. I'm disappointed that it hasn't come in yet, especially considering this is the third time that it hasn't come through. Can I still expect to receive payment or shall I relist the items you bid on?
I checked his account through the day and noted he was online several times. Having received no response, I sent him the following PM:

Alright, I've given you three chances. I know you've been online since my PM to you yesterday. I'm going to leave you negative feedback and place the items back up on my list for trade. I will be happy to reconsider the feedback if you PM me and can follow through with the transaction sometime today.

I'm sorry to see that the animosity and frustration expressed by other members of the forum is fully justified.
And here is the subsequent negative feedback.

Update on my story:

[quote name='"sum41rcks1"']
woops can I pay later today?

one last chance?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='"thelonepig"']Well, not surprisingly, the Valkyria gashapon sold within 15 minutes of my making it available. You're still welcome to the copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom for $44 plus shipping though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='"sum41rcks1"']Nevermind... you are probably better selling tosomeone else since I could flake out... so lets just pretend I have never sent that last message...[/QUOTE]

27107_ban_him.jpg

Well everyone pretty much knows this guy is a douche, but I'll add my story to the bunch:

When he was having his "super sale" to pay off his debts, I offered him $13 for his Resident Evil Degeneration Blu and he accepted. Right after I received that message I sent him another asking about the condition before I sent payment, just to find out what kind of shape it was in. He PM's me a day or two later saying "Sale is over!" or something to that effect.

Pretty douche-y if you ask me.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Is there any way to connect Spaz and Douche together? because that's what this guy sounds like to me.[/QUOTE]

spouche.

Add me to the list of people who had trouble with him. He was supposed to buy/trade for my Street Fighter IV fight stick. I waited close to a month after he told me he forgot to ship out and other stuff before I finally gave up on it.

I asked for him to be put on the bad trader list for this and he never was.

That's two kids(Anbu_Zim, Sum41rcks1) screwing things up for minors like me who are good responsible traders, i'm 16 and handle everything properly and responsibly.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']That's two kids(Anbu_Zim, Sum41rcks1) screwing things up for minors like me who are good responsible traders, i'm 16 and handle everything properly and responsibly.[/QUOTE]

AN EVIL KID WITH MORE OR LESS PROPER ENGLISH SKILLS, HE MUST BE A WITCH! BURN HIM!

(notallcaps :D)

I always thought the poster was suspicious. I would have the games he listed in his wants, but he would completely ignore me. I guess that was a blessing in disguise.

well he tried to get something on the gametz forum and someone called him out so at least the word is spreading. This was after he canceled a trade and said he was leaving GTZ but he still tried to get stuff on the site. Sounds like a jackass to me.

and Sum 41 sucks!

This thread has got me thinking.
How can you not handle managing yourself on a trading forum? What kind of incompetent, unreliable, mentally unstable, sheltered individual would it take to screw up this very simple formula (two people have something the other wants, agree on price, exchange shipping info, go to post office). I just can't imagine what someone who fails at trading on an Internet forum does for a living or will do for a living. It can't be very important or worthwhile.
My mind is boggling.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']That's two kids(Anbu_Zim, Sum41rcks1) screwing things up for minors like me who are good responsible traders, i'm 16 and handle everything properly and responsibly.[/QUOTE] I'm 15, and agree with what you're saying.

This thread has been very entertaining.Good way to pass memorial day morning.

Im a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
Im wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive.

Oh....I guess my experience kinda counts?
During his sale I offered on a bunch of items, he accepted, I sent him another couple of messages to confirm, then I never heard from him again. The items weren't big wants so I just forgot about it.

I'm 16 and I've handled trades very well. Only problems I've had are not paying for items that I've bid on. Which I admit, is my fault. Now I know to not bid on items unless I have a large excess amount of money to pay for it.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I'm 16 and I've handled trades very well. Only problems I've had are not paying for items that I've bid on. Which I admit, is my fault. Now I know to not bid on items unless I have a large excess amount of money to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

That was a smart thing to say.
You're off the bad list. :applause:

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']sum41rcks1 finally payed me. so far my case is resolved.[/QUOTE]If you've received your money and you consider the situation resolved, then we're done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back