UPDATE:Modern Warfare 2 Collector's $80 & Prestige Edition $150

joker______

CAGiversary!
The contents of all three are as follows:
Standard Edition:
Just Modern Warfare 2 Game---$60
Hardened edition:
Modern Warfare 2 Game, Metal Casing, Art Book, Original ‘Call of Duty 1′ for Xbox Live Arcade.---$80
Prestige Edition:
All Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition Content, Fully Functional Night Vision Goggles, Soap McTavish Head for displaying the goggles.
No confirmed details on pricing just yet when this is released world-wide on November 10th 2009 - but forget about that, lets just drool. With the original Call of Duty 1 coming to XBLA also, we now have more than enough to get excited about---$150

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible for me not to cringe at how much the prestige edition will cost. As cool as it'd be to have NVGs it's definitely going to be way out of my price range.

im interested in seeing the cost of the Prestige Edition edition but i will probably end up getting the standard of hardened edition

All Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition Content, Fully Functional Night Vision
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

lol, I love how he says "this november 10th 2009" rather than the next one.

I still have a sealed MW1 CE laying around, so ill probably end up getting this as well.

With the hardened edition coming with the CoD1 code, I might pick it up. Especially if CoD1 costs like $10-15 off XBLA.

[quote name='Hoffer']With the hardened edition coming with the CoD1 code, I might pick it up. Especially if CoD1 costs like $10-15 off XBLA.[/QUOTE]

but they will probably jack up the price of the hardened edition $10-15 because it comes with the arcade game

[quote name='tenma']It's impossible for me not to cringe at how much the prestige edition will cost. As cool as it'd be to have NVGs it's definitely going to be way out of my price range.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it would be cool until the first time someone you know saw you wearing them, and then you'd feel a little less cool.

I already get points for 40% off or more either through ebay or redeeming my amazon rewards and BlizzVision will probably have the collectors retail for 90... so yeah ill stick with the standard one. But this game is indeed a beast if Bioshocks delay wasn't proof enough. With left 4 dead 2 and this along with the entire November and December period my wallet is gon get raped.

$130 has to be the limit for the Prestige edition. Anything higher and we've got a new insane price for special editions of games. I have to wonder how good those NVG's are. Just take look at the ones on Amazon.com.

Since I'm a special edition collecting dork and Modern Warfare fan, I'm going to probably buy the Prestige edition regardless of price...

I might be interested in the hardened edition. I never got to play COD1. I'm going to assume it'll be about the same price to just get it vs paying to download it off PSN.

In the earlier thread I think I predicted "$149.99." Nice. For someone with money to spend, $149.99 is a good deal for what you get. Too bad I am not that someone.

Amazon has the hardened edition for the pc up also. I wonder if you get a code for cod 1 with it also or if this is just for the ps3 and 360. If you don't get any extras other then the art book and metal case for the pc then it really isn't worth it. However I would spend the extra for the metal case.

Now, I'm going to hve to look out for these being on clearance somewhere a year from now so I don't have to pay $150 for the Prestige version.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']I don't need a yearly Call of Duty game, let alone one that comes with night vision goggles. I'll still be playing Brutal Legend, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in that case, I'd have opened and commented on a Call of Duty thread, too. :applause::roll:

I'm down for the Hardened edition, though I'd like to see if GS or BB end up with a pre-order exclusive in the next month here. The NVGs look friggin' cool, but I just can't do it. I'd rather blow that money on other games...

[quote name='opterasis']Well I just decided what to spend my 50% amazon coupon on! Hopefully they list the game before the coupon expires.[/QUOTE]
It's up. No PC edition though.

/Fail

Well the hardend edition for the PC also comes with a code to download the first game from what Amazon shows. Only thing is I already have the first game. So the download would be pointless for me. I think I will hold off on this seeing how I want it for the PC and punkbuster does not work well with vista. I would only get the Hardend Edition because of the Steelbook case. I might end up getting COD4 on the 360 if I can find it for cheap so I can play some multiplayer again. Or try and get punkbuster working on vista.

bread's done
Back