(update:OOS again) Fire Emblem Awakening In Stock @ Gamestop.com

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Hard to blame Nintendo for keeping production low. Digital sales must have a really nice profit. REALLY nice.

Last I checked Nintendo only got about $8ish on 3DS games (Wal-Mart buy/re-sell mark up).

If It's their own title and they are publishing it on their own download network? Just the cost of bandwidth really.

Can't blame them for pushing for digital sales.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame them at all, I just love physical copies. If the games were cheaper on their network I'd buy them there, but full price is not going to sway me.

In 5 years will they still have the download shop up? As much as I believe they will, part of me does doubt that they will. Still want to be able to come back to the games I enjoyed later on. Another reason I love paper books, versus e-books.

[quote name='GBAstar']Are all reputable retailers sold out of the console bundle? Newegg and TRU are both OOS. Most other retailers like J&R are in-store only at this point.[/QUOTE]

Buy.com via ebay but it's $231.86

[quote name='Dozens']Buy.com via ebay but it's $231.86[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that.

There are still a few local video game stores that have them at MSRP but I was just trying to figure out if anyone had them online (available for shipping) for MSRP and I can't seem to find anyone and I've checked all the obscure sites (PC Richard, J&R, Fry's, Tiger Direct, etc.)

Looks like both the game and bundle are back in stock on Gamestop.com. For those ordering the game, you can use the coupon code SAVER for free shipping, and if you have an order totalling $59.99 or more, you can use the code CUPID to get $5 off. Unfortunately, neither coupon applies to the bundle.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']Pretty much everywhere I've gone today has this game in stock B&M.[/QUOTE]

YMMV; I don't have a single B&M store that has the game (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, TRU, Gamestop) but I do have a local gaming store that has the bundle.

[quote name='GBAstar']YMMV; I don't have a single B&M store that has the game (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, TRU, Gamestop) but I do have a local gaming store that has the bundle.[/QUOTE]
I'm really surprised at that, cause I pretty much made my rounds today and even Gamestop had like 20 copies of the game, and they usually never have more than 1 copy of ANY game in the store.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']I'm really surprised at that, cause I pretty much made my rounds today and even Gamestop had like 20 copies of the game, and they usually never have more than 1 copy of ANY game in the store.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop: WE HAVE FIRE EMBLEM

public: thats nice. we no longer want it

:)

[quote name='Poorleno']I don't blame them at all, I just love physical copies. If the games were cheaper on their network I'd buy them there, but full price is not going to sway me.

In 5 years will they still have the download shop up? As much as I believe they will, part of me does doubt that they will. Still want to be able to come back to the games I enjoyed later on. Another reason I love paper books, versus e-books.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft I would say possibly, but Nintendo has their funky "game is tied to the system, what is an account?" nonsense that has me very worried about buying digitally from Nintendo and expecting to have access to it in the long run.

[quote name='apterous']Microsoft I would say possibly, but Nintendo has their funky "game is tied to the system, what is an account?" nonsense that has me very worried about buying digitally from Nintendo and expecting to have access to it in the long run.[/QUOTE]

because God forbid nintendo admits they are wrong in an area when it comes to gaming. why cant they just copy xbox live like sony did and call it a day. give us accounts, achievements, and a way to download our stuff back when the system crashes.

do you own the games on ps3 and 360

i know on the nintendo stuff you DO NOT OWN THE DOWNLOADS you only are buying the RIGHT to rent the game and play it on THAT SYSTEM that you downloaded it too.... that is what i was told by a nintendo worker

[quote name='slidecage']do you own the games on ps3 and 360

i know on the nintendo stuff you DO NOT OWN THE DOWNLOADS you only are buying the RIGHT to rent the game and play it on THAT SYSTEM that you downloaded it too.... that is what i was told by a nintendo worker[/QUOTE]

Same can be said with Steam, but many years later you can still download the games.
Everyone just needs to copy Steam. Period.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Same can be said with Steam, but many years later you can still download the games.
Everyone just needs to copy Steam. Period.[/QUOTE]

The reason I like steam is that PCs aren't going anywhere any time soon. So the games you purchase on them will most likely be playable in 5+ years. A 3DS, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and the other consoles may not be the same way as a computer. I have more faith in Valve than Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo.

I placed my order 90 minutes ago, and about 60 minutes ago Gamestop cancelled it. I guess the search continues.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

i know on the nintendo stuff you DO NOT OWN THE DOWNLOADS you only are buying the RIGHT to rent the game and play it on THAT SYSTEM that you downloaded it too.... that is what i was told by a nintendo worker[/QUOTE]

You don't really "own the downloads," at least on PSN. What happens when the hard drive fails (happens all the time) and PSN no longer hosts the game?

You own a limited license to use the software while it's available. Nothing is perpetual. Is this better than linking to the console? Yes. Is it better than retail discs? No way.

[quote name='Poorleno']The reason I like steam is that PCs aren't going anywhere any time soon. So the games you purchase on them will most likely be playable in 5+ years. A 3DS, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and the other consoles may not be the same way as a computer. I have more faith in Valve than Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

wats even more ridiculous is that the PS4 won't support PSN... who the hell thought that was a good idea?

You see, I understand why people would normally be scared of Nintendo's digital policy, but we have proof that we indeed own what we've already purchased. How?

I bought Super Mario 64 on Xmas day in 2006 on my Wii. In 2012, it works on my Wii U and transferred for no cost despite the Wii having a terrible online setup, Nintendo found a work around.

Now, tell me why I would believe they wouldn't do that for next-gen, or next-next-gen when they worked hard to solve the terrible digital policy on the Wii by allowing me to play my Wii DLC on my Wii U.

Even if you can technically say "you're just renting it lol" I have perfect faith in Nintendo that my purchases will transfer because, ironically, Nintendo has done this transition twice.

DSiWare transferred to 3DS, Wii content transfers to Wii U. That isn't something we can say about Sony's PS4 with PSN content, so even with Sony having an "account system" you're still getting screwed. I think its more about ethics, and while Nintendo doesn't have the greatest foundation to their digital shopping, they will most likely always let you transfer content to a next-gen device when that arrives.

Really the only thing that needs to be fixed is allowing consumers to sell their used Wii U's and get all their content via log-in credentials on a new unit (same for 3DS) but as is there is no reason to doubt whether you own this content. You do, Nintendo pulled off miracles getting DLC from Wii/DSi to transfer. They've done this successfully (I didn't say gracefully) for two generations already, whereas everyone is ignoring that Sony is denying access to PSN content on PS4.

[quote name='apterous']Microsoft I would say possibly, but Nintendo has their funky "game is tied to the system, what is an account?" nonsense that has me very worried about buying digitally from Nintendo and expecting to have access to it in the long run.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the Wii Shop has been running for 6 years and 4 months, the DSi Shop for over 4 years.

Even then, when DSi Shop closes 90% of its content is in the 3DS eShop. So you're likely to have that DSi content until 2016/2017 when a next-gen handheld comes out. Then, I'm sure all the content in the eShop (including that DSi content) will be transferred to whatever replaces the eShop.

I imagine the same will go for Wii U. Eventually Wii Shop content will be merged into eShop, and so on and so forth.

Im actually trying to verify something. I have the 3DS fire emblem system and the cruddy digital copy with it. I plan on getting a XL later on when better colors are out/its on sale. Im pretty sure theres no way to copy the game over to the XL system without straight up deleting it from this 3ds. But what about DLC? Specifically the Marth DLC thats free right now.

If i open one of my hard copies and d.load the marth dlc on the cart; will i then be able to use it when i put the cart on another system? Or is that dlc locked to the god damn system as well? I really really hope thats not the case, it would be super idiotic if it is.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Im actually trying to verify something. I have the 3DS fire emblem system and the cruddy digital copy with it. I plan on getting a XL later on when better colors are out/its on sale. Im pretty sure theres no way to copy the game over to the XL system without straight up deleting it from this 3ds. But what about DLC? Specifically the Marth DLC thats free right now.

If i open one of my hard copies and d.load the marth dlc on the cart; will i then be able to use it when i put the cart on another system? Or is that dlc locked to the god damn system as well? I really really hope thats not the case, it would be super idiotic if it is.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure the DLC is locked to the system (it may be transferable not sure)

But say

I Get the game today and do DLC items and then sell the game off... nintendo told me if i would rebuy the game at a later time all of those DLC would be on the new copy i have (as long as it goes into the same system) meaning the DLC download to the memory card of the system and

DOES NOT DOWNLOAD INTO THE GAME CART

Yeah, it's saved to your sd card, and tied to the system, I assume. If you want to get the free dlc on another system, either put the game in that system now and download it while it's still free, or if you don't have that system now (if you're getting an xl down the road, as you mentioned), if you do a system transfer from your current 3ds to a new one that dlc should come through with the transfer. You won't be able to use it on both, though, only one or the other.

[quote name='KJAZZ']Anyone confirmed that the copies they're selling are actually new and not gutted copies?[/QUOTE]

As new as any car you will ever buy.

[quote name='biledriver']As new as any car you will ever buy.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA....best analogy ever. cant wait for the anti gamestop brigade to respond to this.

bread's done
Back