[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I got rid of mine just in time.I think I paid $30.xx each for three copies. I got $100.xx for my two sealed ones and $80 for my opened one.

Might pick up a couple more. :lol:

[quote name='cttooch']just tried to order it and it said unavailable[/QUOTE]

Maybe they sold out again...?:lol:

It might have been a mistake... maybe they meant to list it for preowned or something?

looks like it may have been a mistake..

I do think it'll be reprinted, but not as a 25th anniversary edition. I think it'll just be the games in a standard case.

[quote name='tranceFusion'](I realize this costs more, so ignoring the price) Is this version preferable to the Virtual Console versions or vice versa?[/QUOTE]

This version has better graphics.

I wonder if Nintendo will be releasing a 25th Anniversary set for Zelda? The game originally came out feb 21st 1986 so a March release in the US would make sense. We would have probably heard about it by now though.

[quote name='tranceFusion'](I realize this costs more, so ignoring the price) Is this version preferable to the Virtual Console versions or vice versa?[/QUOTE]

Not really... unless you want the artbook or soundtrack. I didn't really care for the soundtrack but the artbook was definitely neat.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if Nintendo will be releasing a 25th Anniversary set for Zelda? The game originally came out feb 21st 1986 so a March release in the US would make sense. We would have probably heard about it by now though.[/QUOTE]

That would have been nice.

[quote name='benjamouth']Really ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, really. I hate that they release these things as "limited." It has nothing to do with crapping on hoarders, etc. They were adamant when it was first released that it would be a one time pressing. Once again it was nothing but lies to inflate sales.

[quote name='bojay1997']Do you not understand that Nintendo never put a specific limit on how many copies of this they would press? Do you also understand that Nintendo has no interest in selling you a $30 item that you are going to turn around and flip for three times that amount while giving them none of your profit? The only limitation they placed on this release was that it would be available for a "limited time". Nintendo has kept that promise as it has only been available for the last three months and after this run, it may not be available any longer. In any event, it won't be in print forever, so it is in fact a limited edition.[/QUOTE]

According to your theory every game is considered a limited edition

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if Nintendo will be releasing a 25th Anniversary set for Zelda? The game originally came out feb 21st 1986 so a March release in the US would make sense. We would have probably heard about it by now though.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo released the Zelda Collector's Edition thing on the Gamecube. If they every considered it, it would probably just be a straight up port of that.

Meanwhile at Nintendo headquarters:
trollface.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']
I do think it'll be reprinted, but not as a 25th anniversary edition. [/QUOTE]
yep.
30th edition!
or a release of Zelda 25th anniversary below me...

Nintendo is the Apple of this industry
no that is not a compliment

was bored so here's what my lack of photo editing skills gets you :D

loz25.jpg

But how will people play any Zelda after the 2nd on Wiimote+Nunchuck. I have a feeling Nintendo left out Super Mario World on Mario collection just for that reason.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Yes, really. I hate that they release these things as "limited." It has nothing to do with crapping on hoarders, etc. They were adamant when it was first released that it would be a one time pressing. Once again it was nothing but lies to inflate sales.[/QUOTE]

Completely not true. Do a Google search and you will find that at no time did Nintendo or any Nintendo representative ever state that this would be a one time pressing. The press release only states that it would be available for a limited time. That is still true.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']According to your theory every game is considered a limited edition[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. "Limited Edition" has zero meaning and never has. Every game is a limited edition which means nothing unless the publisher specifically says it is limited to "X" number of copies and we won't ever press any more and sticks to that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']was bored so here's what my lack of photo editing skills gets you :D

loz25.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Would buy this so hard. Dont care.

[quote name='bojay1997']Exactly my point. "Limited Edition" has zero meaning and never has. Every game is a limited edition which means nothing unless the publisher specifically says it is limited to "X" number of copies and we won't ever press any more and sticks to that.[/QUOTE]
Nope, you're completely wrong there

Limited edition means that production is stopped while demand is still there, that's it. They know they can sell more but they choose not to.

Nintendo lied about this because they said one set and that was it but it's ok because I was hoping they'd pull the usual and lie so I can keep the first printing sealed and play the reissue.

Went to look for this preorder and they had a used copy on the website. Ordered it and it appears to now be out of stock. Hopefully I get it and I really do not care if it is complete since my 5 year olds want to play daddy's old mario.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely not true. Do a Google search and you will find that at no time did Nintendo or any Nintendo representative ever state that this would be a one time pressing. The press release only states that it would be available for a limited time. That is still true.[/QUOTE]

There was an official nintendo channel segment where the girl host said something like "This one REALLY is limited, so get your copy now."

I feel for those who missed out at msrp and this would help out, but I don't think Nintendo should have put "limited" on the box if they would reprint more of the exact same at will to make it less "limited". They knew people would buy multiples to collect/hoard just for that very reason. Otherwise I doubt they would have even sold out in stores yet. And there was ample time to get one at msrp, either through preorder or even half off at ToysRus. Being non-limited, it should barely be worth $20 new.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']was bored so here's what my lack of photo editing skills gets you :D

loz25.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would buy the crap out of that!!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Nope, you're completely wrong there

Limited edition means that production is stopped while demand is still there, that's it. They know they can sell more but they choose not to.

Nintendo lied about this because they said one set and that was it but it's ok because I was hoping they'd pull the usual and lie so I can keep the first printing sealed and play the reissue.[/QUOTE]

I have a "limited edition" copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2... Same with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit... Demand doesn't have anything to do with it.

Companies can call whatever they want "Limited Edition".. I don't think there are "rules" behind it.

[quote name='thegreek']I would buy the crap out of that!![/QUOTE]

Me too. But please at least put the SNES game on there. Only 2 games would be pushing it.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Nope, you're completely wrong there

Nintendo lied about this because they said one set and that was it but it's ok because I was hoping they'd pull the usual and lie so I can keep the first printing sealed and play the reissue.[/QUOTE]

There is no legal definition of "limited edition" and as a CAG, you should know better than to assume that a limited edition is limited in any way. Nintendo also never said one printing. That's what meaning fanboys and various websites attached to a very generic Nintendo press release saying it was available for a limited time. I'm sorry, but anyone who paid more than MSRP for this or assumed it would be rare in any way is a fool. This was a manufactured collectible from the beginning like those collector's coins they advertise on cable at night.

I pretty much knew they would have to come out with this again. Since alot of people i knew didn't get it when it came out. Let's see if i'm right that this version won't have the extras like the first run.

[quote name='leshrac55']I have a "limited edition" copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2... Same with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit... Demand doesn't have anything to do with it.

Companies can call whatever they want "Limited Edition".. I don't think there are "rules" behind it.[/QUOTE]

Those are limited though. Just like Atlus does. After the first run you don't get any goodies. NFS comes with the downloadable cars, don't know what BF comes with. Dead Space 2 Limited Edition comes with Extraction. After the first fun you can still buy the game, you just don't get the bonus.

They really should get rid of the extras and sell it as just the game.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I pretty much knew they would have to come out with this again. Since alot of people i knew didn't get it when it came out. Let's see if i'm right that this version won't have the extras like the first run.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.

This was from January 7th:

Nintendo 'exploring option' of reprinting Super Mario All-Stars

Nintendo wasn't kidding about Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition being limited -- the game has become hard to find since its December release, with eBay prices hovering around the $70–80 mark. According to Nintendo PR director Marc Franklin, it may become easier to find in the future, though, as the publisher is considering reprinting the ... reprinted SNES collection ... of reprinted NES games. (A re-re-reprinting, if you will.)

"
Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date," Franklin told GameLife. "Until that decision is made, consumers should check with retailers, as supplies will vary by store."

[quote name='scottman']There was an official nintendo channel segment where the girl host said something like "This one REALLY is limited, so get your copy now."

I feel for those who missed out at msrp and this would help out, but I don't think Nintendo should have put "limited" on the box if they would reprint more of the exact same at will to make it less "limited". And there was ample time to get one at msrp, either through preorder or even half off at ToysRus. Being non-limited, it should barely be worth $20 new.[/QUOTE]

Saying something "really" is limited is not the same as saying we will only be doing one run. In fact, it was pretty clear when Toys R Us got additional stock after the initial sell-out in December that there have likely been multiple runs already. I really don't get why people are so concerned about this. All of us have our copy and paid MSRP or less, so who cares if other people get the chance? Would you not have purchased this if you knew other people would have the chance to own it too? Totally ridiculous.

I'm glad I didn't open mine yet. The box was damaged, but I obviously could not get a replacement (Amazon) and I didn't want a refund since I do want to open the game and play it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This was from January 7th:

Nintendo 'exploring option' of reprinting Super Mario All-Stars

Nintendo wasn't kidding about Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition being limited -- the game has become hard to find since its December release, with eBay prices hovering around the $70–80 mark. According to Nintendo PR director Marc Franklin, it may become easier to find in the future, though, as the publisher is considering reprinting the ... reprinted SNES collection ... of reprinted NES games. (A re-re-reprinting, if you will.)

"
Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date," Franklin told GameLife. "Until that decision is made, consumers should check with retailers, as supplies will vary by store."[/QUOTE]

That to me indicates that there was a limited supply. You can't bring back something that never went away.

[quote name='gargus']I miss when you bought games because you wanted to play them and have fun, not buy them because you were hoping they would turn a profit later or be valuable.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690[/QUOTE]

That's why I am saying they should release a new version for those who just want to have fun. Those people that didn't get the first print probably don't care anyway. Even if Nintendo simply put a new icon on the front of the box like "Play your favorite classics!" is enough the separate the new version vs. the old version, and let the old version's value high.

I am not sure why anyone thinks Nintendo has any interest in keeping the original as a valuable resale item. They make absolutely no money off of that, and there is probably a demand from regular consumers for this game, with the book and CD. If the demand is there, they should make more of these and sell them. All games work this way, and you guys are crazy for thinking that Nintendo would do anything other than try to make as much money as possible off of this.

I bought two copies at $30 and opened one while keeping the other sealed. I don't mind that there's another reprint of the game. Makes it more accessible to those that missed out the first time around.

[quote name='bojay1997']Saying something "really" is limited is not the same as saying we will only be doing one run. In fact, it was pretty clear when Toys R Us got additional stock after the initial sell-out in December that there have likely been multiple runs already. I really don't get why people are so concerned about this. All of us have our copy and paid MSRP or less, so who cares if other people get the chance? Would you not have purchased this if you knew other people would have the chance to own it too? Totally ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think there were initial reallocations of stock or an extended run when they saw the preorders sell well. Who knows how long it takes ToysRUs to move items to stores. I agree that there really is no legal definition for limited, but this was definitely marketed by Nintendo as "hurry get it before it's gone" more than any other game in recent memory.

And yes, as a CAG I probably would not have bought it at launch if it didn't appear limited. I would have waited to bargain bin it at $10 or less. Great games, but been there done that. The "collectibility" of it is the main reason a lot of people bought it.

I can't find it on the website. I also just called the GS I normally go to for preorders and they're telling me it's not in their system x_x.

[quote name='ackbar7']I am not sure why anyone thinks Nintendo has any interest in keeping the original as a valuable resale item. They make absolutely no money off of that, and there is probably a demand from regular consumers for this game, with the book and CD. If the demand is there, they should make more of these and sell them. All games work this way, and you guys are crazy for thinking that Nintendo would do anything other than try to make as much money as possible off of this.[/QUOTE]

No one is saying no to the reprint as a whole, people just want the ones they bought two months ago and say limited edition on them to be limited. You are right, companies are in the business of making money, but they can also keep their items at high values by doing limited and collectors editions that are truly just that and selling the game by itself as well.

Companies being so quick to overproduce and do reprints is why a lot of times you are able to buy the collectors and limited editions pretty cheaply after a few months.

[quote name='ackbar7']I am not sure why anyone thinks Nintendo has any interest in keeping the original as a valuable resale item. They make absolutely no money off of that, and there is probably a demand from regular consumers for this game, with the book and CD. If the demand is there, they should make more of these and sell them. All games work this way, and you guys are crazy for thinking that Nintendo would do anything other than try to make as much money as possible off of this.[/QUOTE]

It's to foster good will amongst collectors and early adopters. Not flippers.

The book publishers don't make extra money off first prints either but they still designate it as such.

Or take the case of Bioware. They could reprint another 1000 copies of some of their lithographs and sell out every one. But if they did, they'd be screwing their fans and lowering the perceived value of future lithographs.

[quote name='confoosious']It's to foster good will amongst collectors and early adopters. Not flippers.

[/QUOTE]
no.

its to "throw the consumer off" you mean.

glad i sold my 5 for $70 and up.

and sorry for the double, comp sucks.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']no.

its to "throw the consumer off" you mean.

glad i sold my 5 for $70 and up.

and sorry for the double, comp sucks.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

you made money off of it. and you're bragging about it. Isn't that enough for you? Do you need to be more of a bitch?

bread's done
Back