[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish they had included more in it to begin with so I may have been interested. I barely played Paper Mario and never played Mario RPG at all. Hopefully those get a rerelease of some kind.

Same for that zelda 25th mock up. I'd be all over that.

I am glad I preordered mine from amazon. I hope the reprints are exactly like the originals and say limited edition on them and destroy the resale value, so that the vultures get less money. I feel bad when games stop from being reprinted when the demand is still there. I felt bad having to pay over $30 for a used copy of Mario and Luigi Partners in time. Games should be plentiful and cheap.

I hope the reprint is exactly the same (which it likely is, I mean c'mon, it's Nintendo) just so all you "collectors" can whine when everyone has it and you can't sell it for $80 on eBay. :)

Why anyone cared about this be "limited" is beyond me. It's the SAME DAMN Mario games you've been playing since the late 80s/early 90s. Quick everyone, get a copy of the Mario All Stars ROM!

It's stupid.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I hope the reprint is exactly the same (which it likely is, I mean c'mon, it's Nintendo) just so all you "collectors" can whine when everyone has it and you can't sell it for $80 on eBay. :)[/QUOTE]

"Collectors" lulz... right, collectors would sell an item this shortly after its initial release. Dicks.

I too hope it's exactly the same.

I remember some bloke telling me it was a waste to buy Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES back in the day. I still have it complete with box and manual. This will stay the same too. I like the updated graphics and backgrounds with the All-Stars edition over the VC releases.

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol, thanks. I didn't know these were available. Shows how much I play my Wii. I'd still like them on a disc.[/QUOTE]

This collection would have been awesome if they had included those games (and SMW of course).

It is just me or is there no preorder on the page. I read through all the pages and everyone is just arguing about whatever.

Real debate is where is this preorder?

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I hope the reprint is exactly the same (which it likely is, I mean c'mon, it's Nintendo) just so all you "collectors" can whine when everyone has it and you can't sell it for $80 on eBay. :)[/QUOTE]

That’s why I’m going to buy piles of these and inflate price/demand again. MMM....MMMMM..... MUAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']wow this thread is gonna devolve into more assholery than the original SMAS thread. And faster.[/QUOTE]

Is that even possible!?

The whole point of this product is its limited collector's value.
If you want to play the game there are billions of ways to do so, and cheaper too.

A digital rerelease for this would be AWESOME! It would appease the collectors and I have no desire to play this on my Wii but on the 3DS sounds sick. Just an offtopic pipe dream I guess...

[quote name='miriamleo']The whole point of this product is its limited collector's value.
If you want to play the game there are billions of ways to do so, and cheaper too.[/QUOTE]

Lol... The vast majority of people buying this are probably playing the games on it... CAG isn't exactly a representative sample, but I bet it's even a lot higher than you assume here.

I plan on opening it up and playing it when I get mine. I want the enhanced versions of the games, and those cannot be downloaded.

[quote name='musicjunkie']It is just me or is there no preorder on the page. I read through all the pages and everyone is just arguing about whatever.

Real debate is where is this preorder?[/QUOTE]

this...I can't find it any where.... has anyone confirmed this actually exists, the only thing I see on gamestop is the game used. Everyone, like all too often, just wants to argue. Where is the actual evidence there is a reprint. The OPs link is to the used version of the game.

Good news for me I guess. Passed on it the first time since I already own these games (both NES and the SNES All Stars). Then when it became scarce and was reselling for more I thought I'd grab one if I found it. Never did. Now that a reprint is coming that means this won't have much value. It's nothing I don't already have and reports say the disc and book aren't much to talk about.

I got lucky finding a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, but at least that has a use as the first two games now use the Wiimote if I want to play them again.

[quote name='caltab']this...I can't find it any where.... has anyone confirmed this actually exists, the only thing I see on gamestop is the game used.[/QUOTE]

I put my order in for the new one before it was taken down... if it was a mistake I suppose they'll let me know soon enough.

[quote name='leshrac55']I put my order in for the new one before it was taken down... if it was a mistake I suppose they'll let me know soon enough.[/QUOTE]

they must have taken it down really fast, cause I tried going to the link not too long after the OP posted and it just took me to the used version.

It seems weird that the page would say "reprint" in the first place. Maybe it was just an attempt by gamestop to grab some preorder cash based on the press release from last month. If they had real news, I doubt they would have pulled the page.

[quote name='scottman']It seems weird that the page would say "reprint" in the first place. Maybe it was just an attempt by gamestop to grab some preorder cash based on the press release from last month. If they had real news, I doubt they would have pulled the page.[/QUOTE]

It's more likely that someone at Gamestop accidentally flipped a switch before Nintendo made an official announcement.

[quote name='scottman']It seems weird that the page would say "reprint" in the first place. Maybe it was just an attempt by gamestop to grab some preorder cash based on the press release from last month. If they had real news, I doubt they would have pulled the page.[/QUOTE]

There is no online pre-order cash... Just like most online pre-orders, they don't charge anything until it ships.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's more likely that someone at Gamestop accidentally flipped a switch before Nintendo made an official announcement.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone read Jeremy Parish's review on 1UP of the All-Stars Limited Edition, but his dissection of the actually included content, compared to all of the oddly absent content, is spot-on.

To summarize quickly what Jeremy said, in my own words, it makes me sad, as a person that cares about the future of gaming and its long and fascinating history, that people actually think this package is worth purchasing. If ppl were to show that they did not care and did not rush out to purchase this iteration, it would send a clear message to Nintendo that we gamers have evolved beyond and won't always lap up lazily ported ROMs thrown onto some dvd. But instead, that we crave more substantial and significant content, all inclusive of this particular game's vast and colored history, than simply buying into this thrown together piece of rehashed garbage.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Not sure if anyone read Jeremy Parish's review on 1UP of the All-Stars Limited Edition, but his dissection of the actually included content, compared to all of the oddly absent content, is spot-on. It makes me sad, as a person that cares about gaming history, that people actually think this package is worth purchasing. If ppl were to show that they did not care and did not rush out to purchase this iteration, it would send a clear message to Nintendo that we gamers have evolved beyond and won't always lap up lazily ported ROMs thrown onto some dvd. But instead, that we crave more substantial and significant content, all inclusive of this particular game's vast and colored history, than simply buying into this thrown together piece of rehashed garbage.[/QUOTE]

And yet somehow, the actual value of this item is around $60. So I guess this "thrown together piece of rehashed garbage" is worth more than you and this 1up dude thinks.

[quote name='confoosious']Well it's too late and people rushed out and bought it. Toothpaste is out and no matter what some dude at 1UP says, it's not gonna change nintendo's marketing. I don't get the people who think bitching about a product on the internet is gonna affect sales when it's already a hot item. It's not like you're reviewing a product to warn people about defects. It's a damn game. People can decide for themselves what the item is worth.

It's like the iphone haters who keep railing against it. Like it's gonna change anything. Too late.[/QUOTE]

And people are still idiots for lapping up Nintendo's poor attempt at "honoring" Mario with this compilation. Can't change that after the fact either.

I completely agree with that review, which is why I didn't purchase this in the first place.

That's fine. You don't have to buy it. Nobody asked you to.

But people are acting like nIntendo releasing a LE for $30 is equivalent to them raping their dog or something. It's like it's a personal affront to them. If SMAS wii is that much of a problem for you, it's time to take some meds.

[quote name='confoosious']And yet somehow, the actual value of this item is around $60. So I guess this "thrown together piece of rehashed garbage" is worth more than you and this 1up dude thinks.[/QUOTE]

The point of the review is to explain that the content isn't worth the price tag. If a bunch of people want to pay over MSRP for a piece of garbage b/c everyone else has one, then they can certainly do it. I won't, and apparently nor will that CAGer or the 1UP guy.

[quote name='confoosious']That's fine. You don't have to buy it. Nobody asked you to.[/QUOTE]

But you keep complaining about it. Opinions are like assholes dude.

EDIT:

And I've reached my "agree to disagree" point on this game ;)

[quote name='MaelstromB']Not sure if anyone read Jeremy Parish's review on 1UP of the All-Stars Limited Edition, but his dissection of the actually included content, compared to all of the oddly absent content, is spot-on.

To summarize quickly what Jeremy said, in my own words, it makes me sad, as a person that cares about the future of gaming and its long and fascinating history, that people actually think this package is worth purchasing. If ppl were to show that they did not care and did not rush out to purchase this iteration, it would send a clear message to Nintendo that we gamers have evolved beyond and won't always lap up lazily ported ROMs thrown onto some dvd. But instead, that we crave more substantial and significant content, all inclusive of this particular game's vast and colored history, than simply buying into this thrown together piece of rehashed garbage.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Well said.

[quote name='waxHead']The point of the review is to explain that the content isn't worth the price tag. If a bunch of people want to pay over MSRP for a piece of garbage b/c everyone else has one, then they can certainly do it. I won't, and apparently nor will that CAGer or the 1UP guy.[/QUOTE]

Why does that offend you?

[quote name='confoosious']That's fine. You don't have to buy it. Nobody asked you to.

But people are acting like nIntendo releasing a LE for $30 is equivalent to them raping their dog or something. It's like it's a personal affront to them. If SMAS wii is that much of a problem for you, it's time to take some meds.[/QUOTE]

It really seems like you have a bigger problem with all of this discussion than a lot of others. Maybe you should be hitting the meds?

[quote name='confoosious']Why does that offend you?[/QUOTE]

I'm not offended, I just think it was a poorly-designed collection on Nintendo's part. I considered buying it, but the overall value of the entire package just didn't seem worth it.

That said, I'd buy it for $15 or less. I don't think it's worth it's MSRP, regardless of what you or anyone else says about the eBay sales.

What ebay numbers indicate are that a lot of people think it's worth more than MSRP. Now, you might think that makes them morons but the ebay marketplace is a perfect pricing mechanism... ahh fuck it, who cares.

haters gonna hate.

Glad my dad picked me up a copy for Christmas. It made a perfect gift. It was something I wanted, but had absolutely no desire to spend $30 on. As much as I love Mario, this was a really half-assed compilation. The least they could've done is put in new menus. A straight port for $30 isn't worth it. The bonus content wasn't even a fraction of what they could've done.

LMFAO :rofl:

[quote name='CAGs']:whee::whee::whee:It's rare! It's not rare! It's gonna be rare! It's not gonna be rare! It'll be the same thing reprinted! It will be the game only, no extras!:whee::whee::whee:[/QUOTE]

Nobody has noticed it's not even available for preorder on gamestop.com anymore. lmao it was either an error or sold out already. we'll see if (when) orders start getting cancelled.

[quote name='miriamleo']The whole point of this product is its limited collector's value.
If you want to play the game there are billions of ways to do so, and cheaper too.[/QUOTE]

I bought this game because of the book and CD and because I haven't played these classics since I had my SNES as a kid. The difference between how much the games cost on the VC and this package is made up by the book and CD.

The limited nature made me go buy it on its release date so that I would definitely have a copy, but I don't care if they reprint this.

[quote name='Donut2922']Hm so the question is whether I should sell my extra copy or not.[/QUOTE]

I immediately had the same thought when I first saw this thread.

I have one opened for playing and one sealed copy for my collection. But unless there are some definitive statements about what is in the reprint, I'm not gonna sell my collectors copy. And even if it's exactly the same, it's probably not worth the hassle -- i think new copies are only going for $65 or so now.

[quote name='confoosious']What ebay numbers indicate are that a lot of people think it's worth more than MSRP. Now, you might think that makes them morons but the ebay marketplace is a perfect pricing mechanism... ahh fuck it, who cares.

haters gonna hate.[/QUOTE]

This whole discussion is both hilarious and pointless :lol:

So Gamestop is the only reseller?? I'm hoping amazon has this too. I'm buying myself a 2nd copy and keeping that sealed until the end of the world.

[quote name='confoosious']And yet somehow, the actual value of this item is around $60. So I guess this "thrown together piece of rehashed garbage" is worth more than you and this 1up dude thinks.[/QUOTE]

And yet, that's the whole point: rewarding what is really just a lazy port.

I have a copy from pre-ordering the initial run, but wouldn't mind it dropping to $10 to spite all the overly materialistic crybabies whining about their precious "limited" copy.

bread's done
Back