[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

Yay!! Just got back from Gamestop and I got $65 in store credit. I pre-ordered Final Fantasy III for DS and am just gonna save the rest.

By the way, they did stack the 10% trade bonus from my Gamestop card with the trade 3 get an extra $10, so if they aren't stacking it for you, you're getting screwed.

[quote name='io']OK, Pez, I got one for you - will they ever allow use of Edge cards for web site purchases again? I would do some shopping there if they allowed them again. As it is now my ebgames.com purchases have come to a dead stop because I'd need to use a credit card instead of my store credit (well, that, and the no guarantee of used games being complete thing). There are some new games I'd like to pick up using credit on the web site though - Electroplankton for one.[/quote]
They will eventually.

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer. THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Power Trade Offer"
Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit
The Godfather

does anybody know If I can stack these?
For the 4th time.. No =]

PezRadar, are you guys allowing disc only games to get full credit?

When I was trading in games, I had a disc only copy of Soul Calibur II in a old cd case. Without looking at the disc condition, the clerk told me there'd be a $2 refurb fee. He said it was due to "the Merger".

I politely explained to him that Gamestop took over EB, and that GS allowed disc-only for some time, so his explanation made no sense.

He then gave me the old "only doing what I was told" routine, so I asked for the DM number. Of course the DM gave me the old "doing what I was told" excuse as well.

Has the policy of allowing disc only games changed?

Yep you can trade in games disc only for full credit. Make sure the games are in good shape though.. not all scratchy.

[quote name='PezRadar']
GI has always been owned by GameStop.

AwRy108 you just noticed this? Haha..[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but there was only EB Games where I used to live--I'm just becoming familiar with the GameStop stores, which is mainly due to the merger.

Game Informer has [unfortunately] been around for a long time--did they originally come about as a GameStop publication? I remember people in the town where I grew up having subscriptions to this mag., despite the fact that there were no GameStop's anywhere.

Well I just made out pretty well.
Traded New Super Mario Bros, Brain Age, and Big Brain Academy, got a total of $60.72 for the 3 after $10, 10% and 20% for preordering Pokemon. Before Bonuses I would have gotten $36. I asked if there were any other games I could preorder to get the extra for and he just told me I could switch it next time I'm in there. Not bad considering I paid a total of $35 + tax for the 3 games since I got 2 free from TRU a couple months ago during their DS Lite deal.

I also scored with 30% total bonus on top of the 3 for $10.00 bonus when I pre-ordered "The Godfather" for the 360. I traded in a total of 36 games and my whole transaction got all 3 bonuses.

36 Games(before bonus)= $130.00
3 for $10.00 bonus X 12= $120.00
Both the 10% and 20% bonus= $75.00

Total for 36 games after all bonuses= $325.00

p.s.
All my games that I traded were already on the Wiki accept:

Urban Reign: Riot Response(ps2)=$15.00

Off topic, but can I trade-in a PS2 at Gamestop if it doesn't have any wires or cables, it's just the system?

PS2 Powerdrome Racing is only $1.79 used after edge discount. Good to use for trading. Also, Gun for PS2 is worth $8 but only worth $5 on xbox.

[quote name='eraser813']PS2 Powerdrome Racing is only $1.79 used after edge discount. Good to use for trading. Also, Gun for PS2 is worth $8 but only worth $5 on xbox.[/quote]
That might explain why I was quoted $5 for Gun PS2 a few days ago. I was asking for prices on a mix of PS2 and XBox games, and the clerk probably looked up the XBox version by mistake.

I traded in a few more games today. Here are the pre-bonus prices for them:

DS
Age of Empires: $9

PS2
Dark Cloud 2: $8
Dragon Quest VIII: $7
ICO: $8
Shadow Hearts Covenant: $16
Shadow of the Colossus: $6

[quote name='ajh2298']I also scored with 30% total bonus on top of the 3 for $10.00 bonus when I pre-ordered "The Godfather" for the 360. I traded in a total of 36 games and my whole transaction got all 3 bonuses.

p.s.

Urban Reign: Riot Response(ps2)=$15.00[/quote]
God damn, man. Where did you get so many of those games? And what do you plan on doing with the credit? Saving it for the Wii? :D

Can you use trade-in credit at a different Gamestop besides the one you traded the games in? I plan on using some of the credit I got and getting some Powerdromes and mixing in a couple Max Paynes to get more credit. What other games are cheap and trade-in pretty decently?

No, they'll turn you down.

[quote name='MrPants']Off topic, but can I trade-in a PS2 at Gamestop if it doesn't have any wires or cables, it's just the system?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PezRadar']They will eventually.

For the 4th time.. No =]

Yep you can trade in games disc only for full credit. Make sure the games are in good shape though.. not all scratchy.[/QUOTE]
sorry, but I wasnt going to read through 17 pages of posts

A stupid question. Do the credits stay in the same store where I trade in? Say, I can't trade in EB and use the credit at GS or vice versa, can I?

[quote name='eau']A stupid question. Do the credits say in the same store where I trade in? Say, I can't trade in EB and use the credit at GS or vice versa, can I?[/quote]

Engrish? I didnt understand the question..

If you trade in stuff to EB and its thrown on an edge card only certain GS stores take edge card credits as of now, so you would more then likely be forced to used them at EB stores right now.

Same thing for GS, some GS stores stick them on edge cards, but most on paper and you will be forced to use the paper for right now at other GS locations only.

Can you use trade-in credit at a different Gamestop besides the one you traded the games in? I plan on using some of the credit I got and getting some Powerdromes and mixing in a couple Max Paynes to get more credit. What other games are cheap and trade-in pretty decently?

Yes, you can use your credit at different GameStop stores. However, be careful about doing this excessively, since records are kept of what you trade in. Some CAGs that have abused this (some surprisingly very little) and were blacklisted from trading in games.

Took a bunch of games today, and got $162.50 in store credit.

Will put it toward a Wii preorder when ever they start taking them. Assuming they don't do a super crappy bundle.

[quote name='ajh2298']I also scored with 30% total bonus on top of the 3 for $10.00 bonus when I pre-ordered "The Godfather" for the 360. I traded in a total of 36 games and my whole transaction got all 3 bonuses.

p.s.

Urban Reign: Riot Response(ps2)=$15.00[/quote]

what is U. Regin Rio Response? THere is only 1 Ubran Reign I know of for PS2 the beatem-up made by Namco. Is this Urban Chaos Riot Response you are referring to?

[quote name='CaoPi']what is U. Regin Rio Response? THere is only 1 Ubran Reign I know of for PS2 the beatem-up made by Namco. Is this Urban Chaos Riot Response you are referring to?[/QUOTE]

Yep thats it

Traded in a bunch of crap and got Final Fantasy XII: Limited Edition pre-ordered with an additional $2.xx in GameBucks.

All prices are before EDGE/MORE bonuses and the awesome $10 for 3 bonus:

DS:
Ping Pals - $0.75

PS2:
JamPack Vol. 13 - $1.00
JamPack Vol. 14 - $1.00
Duel Masters - $1.50
GunGriffon Blaze - $1.00
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies - $2.50
Project: Snowblind - $2.00
EyeToy: Groove - $1.00
Street Fighter Anthology Collection - $12.00
Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon 2 - $4.00

Anyone know if I can trade in the DS Lite I got with this deal for full credit? I was going to use the money to get the same thing at Costco.

I'm pretty sure they won't let you trade in for full credit.

But you might be able to return it for full price. As long as you return it in the specified time.

[quote name='espy605']Yes, you can use your credit at different GameStop stores. However, be careful about doing this excessively, since records are kept of what you trade in. Some CAGs that have abused this (some surprisingly very little) and were blacklisted from trading in games.[/quote]

I'll probably just do another 6 games, so I think I'll be fine.

I could always have my girlfriend trade-in some games for me. :lol: But I have no plans on exploiting it THAT much.

Minor trade today:

PS2 Blowout - $1
PS2 Duel Masters - $1.50
GC Metroid Prime 2 - $7

Turned just over $4 in stuff into $21.44, not bad (I picked up 2 copies of Blowout for $1.98 each at CompUSA).

I felt decidedly non-cheapassed buying a Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter for the full $39.99 though :cry:. But I wanted it to use on my next trip (so I don't have to hunt down Wi-Fi spots - I can just use this in the hotel where I will have my laptop connected to their wired Internet).

However, if I consider this trade and my last one, which got me $15.23 with $2.50 worth of games, as payment for the adapter, then I guess I did get it pretty cheap-assed :lol:.

In all the excitement (the store was very crowded Sunday afternoon) I completely forgot to ask about the trade-in prices of some games. Anyone know about Ty 3 for PS2? I could try calling but I guarantee you I will get shot down, despite what we've heard on this thread (that they are supposed to give prices over the phone now). The stores I go to are always a bit behind the curve :D.

Hopefully EB gets Lego Star Wars II on TUESDAY like all the other stores (according to the Sunday ads). My kids start school tomorrow and are anxious for this game to come out! Me too for that matter! When I pick that up I can do the rest of my trades and probably be done for a while.

Anyone know how much credit is given if I trade in an original Xbox system?
I want to trade it and about 30 games to hopefully get enough for a 360. I know about the deal where you get $80 if you get Madden and a 360 (which I probably will anyways), but it ended today and I don't have a chance to go until Thursday.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Anyone know how much credit is given if I trade in an original Xbox system?
I want to trade it and about 30 games to hopefully get enough for a 360. I know about the deal where you get $80 if you get Madden and a 360 (which I probably will anyways), but it ended today and I don't have a chance to go until Thursday.[/quote]I wanna say $60, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='io']Minor trade today:

PS2 Blowout - $1
PS2 Duel Masters - $1.50
GC Metroid Prime 2 - $7

Turned just over $4 in stuff into $21.44, not bad (I picked up 2 copies of Blowout for $1.98 each at CompUSA).

I felt decidedly non-cheapassed buying a Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter for the full $39.99 though :cry:. But I wanted it to use on my next trip (so I don't have to hunt down Wi-Fi spots - I can just use this in the hotel where I will have my laptop connected to their wired Internet).

However, if I consider this trade and my last one, which got me $15.23 with $2.50 worth of games, as payment for the adapter, then I guess I did get it pretty cheap-assed :lol:.

In all the excitement (the store was very crowded Sunday afternoon) I completely forgot to ask about the trade-in prices of some games. Anyone know about Ty 3 for PS2? I could try calling but I guarantee you I will get shot down, despite what we've heard on this thread (that they are supposed to give prices over the phone now). The stores I go to are always a bit behind the curve :D.

Hopefully EB gets Lego Star Wars II on TUESDAY like all the other stores (according to the Sunday ads). My kids start school tomorrow and are anxious for this game to come out! Me too for that matter! When I pick that up I can do the rest of my trades and probably be done for a while.[/quote]

It's street dated and the stores most likely already have it in stock, they just can't sell it.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Anyone know how much credit is given if I trade in an original Xbox system?
I want to trade it and about 30 games to hopefully get enough for a 360. I know about the deal where you get $80 if you get Madden and a 360 (which I probably will anyways), but it ended today and I don't have a chance to go until Thursday.[/quote]

$50

[quote name='dubbfoolio']if someone from CAG payed 70 bucks to change the color of their DS Lite they should be banned!! BANNED![/quote]

It's the fat model DS that they are taking in trade for the DS Lite discount. I doubt if anyone would trade in a DS Lite for a DS Lite and even if they did, it has a higher trade-in value than the normal DS.

[quote name='allout1986']It's street dated and the stores most likely already have it in stock, they just can't sell it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just with the last few preorders I've gotten they didn't have them till Weds when other stores had them in Tues. Hopefully this is a bigger deal release so it will be there Tues (I think Fry's says by noon Tues, so you are right, they probably already have it or expect it Monday).

[quote name='AlphakirA']people still trade games in to Gamestop/EB? No Ebay? No GameTZ? What...?[/QUOTE]

Where do you think thier inventory comes from? That and where else could you ditch XIII or Azurik these days?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Where do you think thier inventory comes from? That and where else could you ditch XIII or Azurik these days?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

No kidding. How else could I have turned Blowout, purchased for $1.98, into nearly $5 of credit? Not on eBay, that's for sure. (And yes, that example by itself is no big deal and not worth the trouble - but bring in 6-12 similar games and you're talking real credit). If I want to get rid of a recently released game I'd probably eBay it (and certainly would for rare older games MvsC 2, Disgaea, etc), but it is not worth it for this cheap stuff. And note that most of us only trade to EB/GS when there's some sort of bonus deal going on (whether $10 for 3, or 20% for certain preorders, whatever).

[quote name='io']Minor trade today:

PS2 Blowout - $1
PS2 Duel Masters - $1.50
GC Metroid Prime 2 - $7

Hopefully EB gets Lego Star Wars II on TUESDAY like all the other stores (according to the Sunday ads). My kids start school tomorrow and are anxious for this game to come out! Me too for that matter! When I pick that up I can do the rest of my trades and probably be done for a while.[/quote]

Lego Star Wars 2 is already in stores, but since it's Street Dated for Tuesday, we will have it right on Tuesday at opening for sale.

They would only give me $1 for feel the magic. I put it up on ebay and sold it for $7 faster than I could believe (less than one day). There is a compusa right next to my gamestop and there is an eb games 2 minutes away by car from there. I will buy some cheap games and then trade 'em in!!!

Here are the values I received for my trades (all Xbox). Values are before the bonus $10 kicked in.
Gun $5.00
Xbox Music Mixer .50
Rocky $1.00
PGR2 $1.00
Forza Motorsport $2.50
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $1.00 (if I had caught this, I would have kept it)
Fight Night Round 2 $4.00
Far Cry: Instinct $7.00
Outlaw Golf $1.00
Half-Life 2 $7.00

$60 cred totalled. Now to patiently wait for b2g1 special.

Later,
EG

[quote name='allout1986']These are some of the deals that Gamestop and EB will be running for the next marketing period starting on Monday (9/4) and ending 9/24.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

Pez.[/QUOTE]

They are such fags its unreal....system hasnt even been out a year, comon. Now not only do they exclude sports titles (nothing new) but same year sports titles? and games that are 40 bucks..WTF

PS- Also LOVE how they say the word "older" titles, THERE ARE NO OLDER TITLES THE SYSTEM HASNT BEEN OUT FOR A YEAR!!

So how does GS track what you've traded it? I plan on trading in duplicate games that I got from the CC clearance. Will trading at different GS reduce the risk of being Blacklisted?

[quote name='spamfree2']So how does GS track what you've traded it? I plan on trading in duplicate games that I got from the CC clearance. Will trading at different GS reduce the risk of being Blacklisted?[/quote]

As long as you don't trade them in at the same time, you should be fine. Trading at different locations is ok as well.

[quote name='spamfree2']So how does GS track what you've traded it? I plan on trading in duplicate games that I got from the CC clearance. Will trading at different GS reduce the risk of being Blacklisted?[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to get blacklisted from trading CC clearance games. What got someone in trouble last time was buying cheap games from EB/GS and then trading them back in (even at a different store). THAT might raise suspicion and get you in trouble - some alert employee might know which games are used for this (like Max Payne 2 and Powerdrome) and keep an eye out for it. But if you are getting them from an external source you aren't taking advantage of them and they should have no problem - they pay what they think those games are worth and it doesn't matter where they came from (as long as it was legal :lol:).

Hell, I've traded 8-10 free (from Best Buy with coupon) Duel Masters games in the last few months.

I finally had a run-in with teh token GS prick.... I traded in a 6 games last thursday or so, with 1 or 2 $1 games included, and got the extra $10 for each trio. Manager told me that as long as trios total up to $10 or more, the bonus will apply.

Fast forward to today. I take in 12 games, most are $4+ trades, wil about 3 of them are $1. There was only one person in there, some little gungho prick that wasn't even a manager (Real manager must have been at lunch) because he wasn't authorized to do cash trades.

Anyways, he scans the games and says that one game can't be taken because it's scratched, not even badly I might add. (HAHAHA) I tell him that I'm gonna keep two of the other games then, since I want to trade in 3's for the bonus. He then seperates my games into two piles, saying "These qualify and these don't." I told him I was just in the other day and said about the store manager's policy on the deal and he remained adamant, while getting more and more beligerant. I took my games and told him I'll be back later when the manager is in.

Here are some trade in values:

Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) - $8
World Poker Tour (Xbox) - $3
Tekken 5 (PS2) - $7
Daxter (PSP) -$15
Unreal Championship (Xbox) -$1
Vietcong Purple Haza (Xbox) -$1.50

Anyone know if Halo 2 is still getting 20 or is it back to 12?

I'll hold out for this trade as there are no good coupon deals. The last trade in 3 get 10 extra I grabbed a bunch of games from BB for less thank about 5 bucks a piece thanks to the 5 dollars of coupon with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back