[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='encendido5']
edit: by the way, is the wiki up to date for the most part? I noticed KH2 still shows a $30 trade in value, but I posted I only got $15 for it a week ago.[/quote]I don't really have any room to criticize since I've been horribly lazy, but the updating of the wiki has gone in spurts since this promo started, so I would expect a decent number of updates to be missing.

My last trade:

Star Fox Command (DS) - $20 (yes, I got $32.26 after bonuses, when it cost me $32.24 in GameRush credit two months ago :D)
Bust-a-Move DS - $8 (up a dollar since June, awesome)
Ultimate Spiderman - $8

After bonuses; $62.46, put most of it on M: UA for Wii. 9 games preordered for Wii so far, but I think a lot of those are going to get cancelled over the next couple weeks.

[quote name='botticus']I don't really have any room to criticize since I've been horribly lazy, but the updating of the wiki has gone in spurts since this promo started, so I would expect a decent number of updates to be missing.
[/quote]

Oh I didn't mean to criticize...

I know you guys are busy and can't be keeping the wiki up to date with every minute trade that gets posted. I'm sure everybody here is pretty thankful with the work that you guys do since it's a great resource for us.

W00t, got some stackage.

Traded in 12 games and that were worth $24 base credit, along with 4 3rd party controllers(only rang up 3 of them - doh) and a A/v cable bringing total to $31.

Got the $40 bonus for trade 3/get $10 bringing it to $71.
Got the 10% Edge --> $78.
Mentioned i never got the Game informer for this month, then used the 30% bonus tradein, put down $5 on Burnout 5 PS3, and walked out with
$100 credit and a $5 preorder.

=]

I had to go to two different EBs last night because I had 2 copies of Cold Fear.

Here's my trade in values for CAG Wiki.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence -- $4
Clock Tower 3 -- $2.50
Cold Fear(x2) -- $3
Guilty Gear Isuka -- $13!
SOCOM 3 -- $7

It's unbelievable that Isuka gets 13 bucks considering it's a flaming pile of horse shit.

All told, I picked up Okami and Mario Kart DS for $20 after trades.

[quote name='Strell']Cool.

I should be able to make it.

A GS taking two of the same game is YMMV, yes?

I should just PM Roufuss this shit. :p[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's YMMV, I've never had an EB/ GS take two of the same game.

Some trade-in values:

- The Sims (PS2) $4
- Far Cry: Instincts (Xbox) $5
- Resident Evil 3 (GCN) $12 - please don't flame me for trading it in, I bought it for $10 and it was in shitty condition, never felt like reselling it anyway.

[quote name='2Fast']
- Resident Evil 3 (GCN) $12 - please don't flame me for trading it in, I bought it for $10 and it was in shitty condition, never felt like reselling it anyway.[/quote]

FLAME ON! :hot:

I'm confused about one thing. Why does Gamestop/EB want so many used games now as the new generation is almost here? My Gamestop is absolutey LOADED with used games. Just littered with them. It's almost a pain to walk past all of them and try to find the tiny new games section. I mean, I see 10+ copies of the same game sometimes. Aren't they losing a ton of money on this deal?

Well, I must thank my fellow CAGs for all the info on the Kmart clearance games, Target clearance games, etc. and trade-in values. After 8 different trade-in visits with clearance games and a few of my own games, I spent about $185 and turned it into $432 credit. Thank you! :)

My trade today:

(before bonus)
NDS:
Dig Dug: Digging Strike - $5
PS2:
Silent Hill 4 - $8
Suikoden IV - $9
Suikoden Tactics - $8
PSP:
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed: $10
Generation of Chaos - $7

Total: 95.70, preordered FFXII:CE in full.
Was able to stack the 3/$10, 10% edge and 30% GI coupon. Depending on how you did the math, I either got more or less than what I was supposed to.

[quote name='Xerxes']I went today and got shitted on. Said the deal was over yesterday.[/quote]
Wow, WTF! I just did the deal half hour ago.

glad to hear the that they are going to give extra credit for the system. I will probably get rid of my gamecube and accessories (saving the games for another trade in deals).

damn. they closed on me
i didn't realize they closed so early on sundays

what are the chances they will do this deal again before christmas?

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']I just bought DBZ Budokai 2 at EB for $5.99....is the trade value still $8?[/quote] The NGC :gc: version is.

[quote name='mrblau']damn. they closed on me

what are the chances they will do this deal again before christmas?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I remember everyone rushed to get in on this the last time it ended and they brought it back (then extended it). However, before this recent rash of Trade X get $10 (and it started out at 5 games) in June/July or so, they hadn't had a decent trade-in deal since the merger. So we could be in for another long gap between deals.

However, I've done very well with this deal and was sort of happy to be able to do my last (for now anyway) run today at about 4pm...

Nothing surprising again, though it looks like Wipeout Pure dropped AGAIN:

PSP
HSG Open Tee - $5
Wipeout Pure - $3 (down from $4)

PS2
World Champ Poker - $1

Xbox
Gun - $4
Mercenaries - $4
Pac-Man World 2 - $4

I had just bought Wipeout Pure, HSG, and Gun at Blockbuster/Gamerush using my credit there (plus I traded some other games in there using the extra $5 PER GAME deal). So I spent $6.99 in BB credit for each of those and got back $24.20 in credit (from the $20.97 in BB credit spent). Not the best profit, but considering I wanted to xfer credit from GR -> EB that's not bad (I would have taken an even trade). I have the Wii/PS3/games/accessories preordered at EB so I need the credit more over there.

The other 3 games cost me $9 at Kmart, so for $9 cash and $20.97 in BB credit, I got $45.10 in EB credit. Not bad at all...

Traded in the following today.

Xbox:
Leisure Suit Larry- $4

Ps2:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter - $8
Sims Bustin Out $5
Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift- $5
Grand Theft Auto Liberty- $10
Brothers In Arms Road Hill- $5
Hot Shots Golf Fore- $6
Metal Slug 4&5- $8
Dead To Rights II - $3
Ghost Hunter- $4
Guilty Gear X- $3
Tarzan Untamed- $2.50
Tak & Power of Juju- $3
Transformers- $3
Indiana Jones Emperors Tomb- 3
Fantavision- $1
Bouncer- $2

[quote name='mrblau']damn. they closed on me

what are the chances they will do this deal again before christmas?[/quote]
i will say slim... and none. for the rest of this month, the system deal. for november, there's the black friday deals (which i'd fucking kill to know!!), and maybe something else early on. for december... eh... i doubt it. honestly, my bet's in february

You guys ever feel embarassed trading in copies of Finding Nemo, Max Payne 2, ya know, games that they have ZERO chance of reselling? After going through this thread, and the Kmart clearance thread, it was the first time I learned about buying $2 games to use with the 3/$10 deal. I basically doubled my money and paid off FFXII CE and GoW CE. But due to the embarrassment, I made sure to include at least a few semi-decent games that I would never play like Xenosaga II and SSX On Tour.

Are you kidding i love trading in absolute crap and walking away with tons of credit. Over the past few weeks I have traded in 12 copies of World Championship Poker to a single Gamestop I went in today to dump my last bunch of crap and saw 10 copies of WCP in the under 9.99 bin...lord knows those copies are never gonna move but it serves EB/GS right for marking up their used games...Mario64ds new is 29.99 and used its 26.99 serves em right.

[quote name='Kendro']You guys ever feel embarassed trading in copies of Finding Nemo, Max Payne 2, ya know, games that they have ZERO chance of reselling? After going through this thread, and the Kmart clearance thread, it was the first time I learned about buying $2 games to use with the 3/$10 deal. I basically doubled my money and paid off FFXII CE and GoW CE. But due to the embarrassment, I made sure to include at least a few semi-decent games that I would never play like Xenosaga II and SSX On Tour.[/QUOTE]
Max Payne 2 is only $1.49. It's the cheapest game in the store. Someone will buy it.

If you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest you post in the shopping morality thread in the deal discussion forum.

[quote name='Kendro']You guys ever feel embarassed trading in copies of Finding Nemo, Max Payne 2, ya know, games that they have ZERO chance of reselling? After going through this thread, and the Kmart clearance thread, it was the first time I learned about buying $2 games to use with the 3/$10 deal. I basically doubled my money and paid off FFXII CE and GoW CE. But due to the embarrassment, I made sure to include at least a few semi-decent games that I would never play like Xenosaga II and SSX On Tour.[/QUOTE]
well they overcharge on DS/GBa games so it evens out

[quote name='allout1986']Trade promos don't work with this offer. And I believe they just upped the trade values of the cubes to $30 yesterday.[/quote]

Sweet! $50 for GCN is solid. I'll definitely be stopping by tomorrow then.

[quote name='Xerxes']I went today and got shitted on. Said the deal was over yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. Totally boned. Now I have 9 shit-awful games I bought for this promo instead of the 50 bucks credit I thought I'd have.... grrr.

[quote name='Kendro']You guys ever feel embarassed trading in copies of Finding Nemo, Max Payne 2, ya know, games that they have ZERO chance of reselling? After going through this thread, and the Kmart clearance thread, it was the first time I learned about buying $2 games to use with the 3/$10 deal. I basically doubled my money and paid off FFXII CE and GoW CE. But due to the embarrassment, I made sure to include at least a few semi-decent games that I would never play like Xenosaga II and SSX On Tour.[/quote]No, never, They are always appreciating the condition of my game because they are brand new. Haha. Trust me! They do not care what games you are trading in and only care to achieve their quota.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Are you kidding i love trading in absolute crap and walking away with tons of credit. Over the past few weeks I have traded in 12 copies of World Championship Poker to a single Gamestop I went in today to dump my last bunch of crap and saw 10 copies of WCP in the under 9.99 bin...lord knows those copies are never gonna move but it serves EB/GS right for marking up their used games...Mario64ds new is 29.99 and used its 26.99 serves em right.[/quote]

That could be why they mark up the games. Im all for trading things in and getting as much credit as possible. Im just saying that they do need to make up for all the crap they buy and cant sell.

[quote name='theinfamous']Im just saying that they do need to make up for all the crap they buy and cant sell.[/quote]

I love trading in crap and getting free credit! But yeah, whenever I trade in, I keep the manual and case art/box because its the same for disc/cart-only games as complete, especially if the game is somewhat in-demand I can sell the other parts of the game on the side for almost as much as the credit.

Whenever I go to Gamestop, unless something extraordinary is ridiculously priced used (Valkyrie Profile, etc) and available, I'll buy NEW. They want you to buy used since everything they make on used sales is theirs to divvy up with overhead and costs, and then profit. Of course, buying used is their risk since it might not sell but they don't have to pass on sales to the publisher.

I went to trade in all my games yesterday...One gamestop wouldn't let me as they said it was over Saturday...Anway, i traded in about 33 games total...I didn't get the extra 30% though, even though i wanted to do a pre-order...The guy was like its either you get the $10 deal or the 30%...Its kinda funny cuz this was the same dude who gave me both deals when i pre-order Final Fantasy XII CE...Lost about $35 :cry:

Well i really cant complain...the 3 for $10 has been a good deal for me...I was able to pay off FFXii, $100 reservation for a PS3, & i have about $450 on my EB card...:lol:

Called my EB and they said the extra $20 on consoles was only good if you bought a 360. Huh?

Anyone actually have any luck trading one in yet?

[quote name='rcaido'] I didn't get the extra 30% though, even though i wanted to do a pre-order...The guy was like its either you get the $10 deal or the 30%...:cry:

Well i really cant complain...the 3 for $10 has been a good deal for me...:lol:[/quote]

Ditto!!!

Since we're done with the trade-in with 3 for $10 bonus, we can make a new thread with the new details for the promotions that started today. This 79-page monster can be left closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back