[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='aniousjoe']exactly. i didn't do it on gears of war 'cause i wasn't sure if i could get my reserve credit back. figured not to ask 'cause how bad does it sound to have that conversation of $5 or all my trade in credit, then ask, "if i don't want it, can i get my credit back?":D

lol

it's like asking if the $1-$3 games they have qualify for the trade 3 deal, right before buying them[/QUOTE]

I've had no trouble at all getting my credit back. In a few of the stores I've been to, I specifically asked "What happens if I decide later that I don't want it?" Most say either I can swap it to preorder something else, or they'll put it on an Edge card for me. Worse comes to worse, wait until after the release, and go back in, saying you forgot you preordered it and already had picked it up.

The store that is my current favorite, they've been totally nice about just pulling credit off my preorders when I go in to buy something right now. I bought like $200 worth of stuff last week, and the guy was totally shocked when I walked out without paying a cent.

I never knew they had a one copy of a title per trade policy. That could suck if they get harder on enforcing it. When I traded on Monday I had several copies of Mechassault 2 and WCP and it was no problem. When I went back to the same store (different guy) on Thursday I had a bunch of Urbz and WCP and he would only take one of each. Not too big of a deal since there's 5 EBStops fairly close by (3 in one mall area, 2 at another). The second store the manager (I think) took the trade and pointed out that they had the policy, but that he didn't really care. He did check the deal carefully to make sure he did it right (and we realized GBA games don't qualify so I couldn't do one triple) but took all the copies.

I'm only halfway to a Wii though, I didn't get in on this as much as I should have. I wish they'd extend it again.

[quote name='MightySlacker']I'm not sure what the fuck happened today.

Splinter Cell - $1
Ghost Recon - $1
Rainbox Six 3 - $1
Dave[/quote]

When you trade it in the Clancy triple pack, exactly what do you do?

Do you bring them in with a blank Xbox jewel case?

Are you walking in with the disk in CD cases?

Or do you just hand them the disk with nothing else?

I found 3 Clancy Packs yesterday, and don't want to look like a fool when walking into GS tonight...

Can you help me out here?

~J

[quote name='botticus']As I related a couple days ago, they didn't give me the 30% on any games in my trade transaction. Went in today, he knew he had screwed it up as apparently it had come up with a conversation with the manager yesterday. But I'll have to wait until after my hopeful preorder tomorrow to get it taken care of by the manager.[/quote]:lol: Got $20 in cash for this mix-up today, which works for me.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']When trading in Disc only games, are you guys at least bringing the games in inside of blank Jewel cases?

Somebody has got to have an answer on this question?[/quote]

It doesnt matter. I try to put them in a sleeve or case of some sort but if I dont have any I just put them on a CD spindle for CDRs or something. Or just carry them in by hand. They just throw away any casing you give them unless its a dvd case anyway.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']When trading in Disc only games, are you guys at least bringing the games in inside of blank Jewel cases?

Somebody has got to have an answer on this question?[/QUOTE]

This is actually kind of funny. I traded in a TC triple pack yesterday no problem. I tried again today, different place, and the chick was like, "These came from that dumb triple pack didn't it?" I was like, "no." :rofl: Not that it mattered. I just should have been like, yes it did, and I paid $4 for it and you're about to give me $13 in credit.

To answer your question, I just went it there carrying the games with no case. DO NOT BRING IN THE CASE FOR THE TRIPLE PACK. They will scan that and you will get like $2 instead of $13.

Hello,

I am a Gamestop/EBgames representative. Our policy is that if an employee violates our information holding policy, we fire the employee. Allout1986, you're fired!

Dave, Vice-Vice-Vice-President.

[quote name='allout1986']We got the new marketing kit in today, the trade promo is ending so if you are holding out on some trades, NOW IS THE TIME TO TRADE!!

On another note, if you have a console to trade in, wait until the 16th and you'll get another $20 on the trade. I'll update the OP tomorrow night with the new promos.[/quote]

is the trade your xbox for $80 towards a 360 still in effect come monday? Cus $100 trade in toward 360 is very tempting.

[quote name='munch']This is actually kind of funny. I traded in a TC triple pack yesterday no problem. I tried again today, different place, and the chick was like, "These came from that dumb triple pack didn't it?" I was like, "no." :rofl: Not that it mattered. I just should have been like, yes it did, and I paid $4 for it and you're about to give me $13 in credit.

To answer your question, I just went it there carrying the games with no case. DO NOT BRING IN THE CASE FOR THE TRIPLE PACK. They will scan that and you will get like $2 instead of $13.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I actually placed them all in blank Jewel cases in preparation for my run through the different stores tonight.

I picked up 3 clancy packs yesterday, as well as a couple of Soul Caliber II's also. We'll see what happens, I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks again for the quick reply...

Here's some prices from today for the Wiki (all before bonuses):

Rainbow 6: Black Arrow (Xbox) - $1.50
Frantix (PSP) - $2.50
Untold Legends Brotherhood (PSP) - $5.00
Mech Assault (Xbox) - $1.00
Trigger Man (PS2) - $1.00
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox) - $2.00
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2) - $5.00 (This one kinda surprised me as it's pretty easy to find this game for less than $5 new).
Portal Runner (PS2) - $1.00
Thunderstrike: Operation Phoenix (PS2) - $1.00
Armored Core 2 (PS2) - $2.50
Great Escape (Xbox) - $1.00
Conflict: Desert Storm (Xbox) - $1.00

$70.95 after 3/$10 and 10%. This guy wouldn't let me add the extra 30% preorder coupon even though the other guy that works there would. I went in on the wrong day, unfortunately. Oh well, that guy screwed himself out of about 3 Wii pre-orders.

Oh, on a side note, I got to talking to the guy at Gamestop about the Wii and PS3 system pre-orders. He said only 2 people showed up early for the PS3 pre-order and they were both employees. He said it took all day for them to sell out of the allocation. He told me 13 people showed up early for the Wii pre-order today and so all 8 went before they opened. I wonder if this is a rare occurrence or if more people are showing up for the Wii nationwide. That would be encouraging for us Nintendo fans.

Does GS/EB give you less credit if you just have the disc? Could save all the PS2, XBOX and GC cases to put better games in later(i.e. if their case is/gets thrashed.)

Not to mention you could sell off the manuals for an even better deal.

[quote name='dutchfudge']Does GS/EB give you less credit if you just have the disc? [/quote]

It shouldn't matter if they are disc only, but you may get the oldguard EB employee who tries to charge the refurb fee on disc only stuff. It happened to me about a month back.

I went to gamestopfeedback.com, and it was resolved.

But really, ALL EBStop employees should know by now that the credit iss the same regardless of disc only or complete.
http://www.gamestopfeedback.com

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']Crap. If I traded in my console on October 10th, is there anyway I can get the extra $20? By bringing in my reciept :([/QUOTE]

Repost.

Just completed my last trade in today of 6 games and found the following differences to the wiki.

:ps2:
Hot Shots 3 $2.50 UP $0.50

Getaway Black Monday $2.50 DOWN $0.50

Got $50 for my 6 games today with edge bonus, for which I paid $21. I know I didn't get $5 for the 10% preorder bonus. But it woulda just stayed at that out of the way (for me) store and helped their #s, and I hate the employee working there when I traded in.:twisted::twisted:

Since this 3/$10 started up again, I ended up with a black DS lite, Phoenix Wright 2 paid in full, Cooking Mama, and $115 left on my Edge card. I am pleased.

Traded in today:

PSP Exit - 4.00
PSP Ape Escape : On the Loose - 5.00
PSP Frantix - 2.50
PS2 FF-X2 - 8.00
PS2 Black - 6.00
PS2 Call of Duty : Finest Hour - 5.00
XBX Area 51 - 4.00
XBX Capcom Classics - 6.00
XBX Halo - 4.00

Total including Bonus: 74.50

Got my Wii preorder done and traded in a few games:

PS2
Power Rangers Dino Thunder - $5

GC
Tak 3 - $3
Pikmin 2 - $8

Xbox
The Hobbit - $1.50
Terminator: Dawn of Fate - $1
World Champ Poker - $1

We forgot to scan my Edge card in all the commotion, so I went back (after driving halfway home :bomb:). The manager didn't want to void the transaction and do it all over again so he told me he'd add $5 or so to my next trade-in. Unfortunately I didn't want to go to that store this weekend again, but now I will have to (since I'd want to combine the $10 bonus with the extra credit I will be getting).

[quote name='io']We forgot to scan my Edge card in all the commotion, so I went back (after driving halfway home :bomb:). The manager didn't want to void the transaction and do it all over again so he told me he'd add $5 or so to my next trade-in. Unfortunately I didn't want to go to that store this weekend again, but now I will have to (since I'd want to combine the $10 bonus with the extra credit I will be getting).[/quote]

Dang. I started to ALWAYS ask, "That is with the 3/10 bonus right?" and then "And this edge card will get me 10% on top of that right?" to make sure they know to get all of it done right then and there.

Traded in a few, I'll be back with wiki stuff later but it wasn't much.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Dang. I started to ALWAYS ask, "That is with the 3/10 bonus right?" and then "And this edge card will get me 10% on top of that right?" to make sure they know to get all of it done right then and there.

Traded in a few, I'll be back with wiki stuff later but it wasn't much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, the last 20 times I've done that. It was just that I was preordering the Wii, a controller, and a DS game (and getting a 10% boost because of that) and while I was looking at the preorder sheets he started doing the trade-ins. I did get the $10/3 thing and 10% preorder boost, and I asked him what the total was - it sounded good ($44 for 6 games) and I said OK... Didn't even realize until I was 5 miles away about the Edge card.

I traded in six games today. Here are the values, pretty sure they're all pre-bonuses.

Max Payne 2 - $.5
Siren - $2
GTA:LCS - $10
MX Unleashed - $4
Super Bust-A-Move - $5
Real Pool - $4

I think I got screwed over because she said I have to have a case for each game for it to be 3 for $10. Thus I only got $10 extra, I think.

[quote name='Moses144']I think I got screwed over because she said I have to have a case for each game for it to be 3 for $10. Thus I only got $10 extra, I think.[/quote]

She lied to you.

Anyways, my experience went rather well today. Although the girl wouldn't let me stack $3/10 with 30% pre-order bonus (she knows what she is doing), she did give me the option of getting 10% extra if I signed up for an Edge Card and Game Informer subscription. Normally I say no to any type of sale, but the extra 10% paid off for the entire subscription because I had about $150 in credit. So basically I got an Edge Card and a year subscription for free.

Is Game Informer any good? I'm normally a fan of EGM but I'll take a free years subscription. What worries me is that I heard Game Informer is a GameStop magazine, meaning they are the owners. Does that make the magazine any less credible or do they know WTF they are talking about?

I'd add things to the Wiki, but all of the latest prices are there.

[quote name='Kendro']She lied to you.

Anyways, my experience went rather well today. Although the girl wouldn't let me stack $3/10 with 30% pre-order bonus (she knows what she is doing), she did give me the option of getting 10% extra if I signed up for an Edge Card and Game Informer subscription. Normally I say no to any type of sale, but the extra 10% paid off for the entire subscription because I had about $150 in credit. So basically I got an Edge Card and a year subscription for free.

Is Game Informer any good? I'm normally a fan of EGM but I'll take a free years subscription. What worries me is that I heard Game Informer is a GameStop magazine, meaning they are the owners. Does that make the magazine any less credible or do they know WTF they are talking about?

I'd add things to the Wiki, but all of the latest prices are there.[/quote]Game Informer's an okay read, just don't expect anything amazing out of it. Though, they are telling their readers that the PS3 controller (SIXAXIS!) could theoretically do the same stuff that the Wii controller does. :roll: Score one point for Sony's awesome strategery.

[quote name='botticus']Game Informer's an okay read, just don't expect anything amazing out of it. Though, they are telling their readers that the PS3 controller (SIXAXIS!) could theoretically do the same stuff that the Wii controller does. :roll: Score one point for Sony's awesome strategery.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it does it all without that annoying sensor bar thingie :lol:.
I'm still running on my $5 Edge card (good through April). It'll piss me off to spend $15 to renew it, but I've taken enough advantage of them over the last year or so I guess I'll just do it :D.

[quote name='botticus']Game Informer's an okay read, just don't expect anything amazing out of it. Though, they are telling their readers that the PS3 controller (SIXAXIS!) could theoretically do the same stuff that the Wii controller does. :roll: Score one point for Sony's awesome strategery.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer usually has entertaining articles, and I like the size and feel of it. However, they have very specific tastes, which should become evident early on. I read it on the crapper, and because having a magazine is easier than tracking down minor details on the interweb sometimes. If you get it with credit, then it's worth it I think.

*sigh* I'm nearly sure I posted this yesterday, but appearently someone's enjoying deleting my posts. Once again, trade in values for the wiki, current as of yesterday morning...

DS Cooking Mama $9
PS2 We Love Katamari $12
PS2 Ford Racing 2 $1

Does anyone know if we can use our credit (edge cards) to order things from eb/gamestop online? Cuz id love to order a cope of ace attorney but my store isnt getting any more in.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Does anyone know if we can use our credit (edge cards) to order things from eb/gamestop online? Cuz id love to order a cope of ace attorney but my store isnt getting any more in.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't right now. Hopefully you'll be able to soon.

I am going to trade in mario Hoops 3-on-3, Dark Cloud, and Kingdom Hearts 2 so I can get Splinter Cell for the 360. I might have to add a few dollars, but it's cool.

RobotS!

I traded in 6 games, but just noticed that only $10 was added as a modifier--not $20.

How do I go about rectifying this--go back to the store? Or is there a number otherwise that I can complain to?

[quote name='omfglol']I traded in 6 games, but just noticed that only $10 was added as a modifier--not $20.

How do I go about rectifying this--go back to the store? Or is there a number otherwise that I can complain to?[/quote]Your best bet would be just to go back to the store and show them your receipt. Then explain what went wrong.

Another excellent transaction:

Super Smash Bros. Melee - $12
Cubivore - $11
Mario Hoops - $17

Total after $10 and 30% bonuses: $68.18; threw the extra $12 on Excite Truck for now.

Ultimate Spiderman (GC) got $8, held that one back.

The one bonus to EB charging $5 more for a bunch of DS games than other places is that I can spend $29.99 + tax on it at GR, and then trade it in for $27.97.

Heh, may have left Spidey at the store though, that would be unfortunate. Yep, I did, but it's being hidden somewhere, cool beans.

Edit: Plans for tonight/tomorrow's next/last trade - Ultimate Spiderman (~$15), Star Fox Command (~$32 :shock:), Bust-a-Move DS (~$13).

Friend went in today to do the trade of xbox system gives you $80 towards your xbox360. They wouldnt take it because they dont buy xboxs where the seal has been broken. It was used when he bought it and hes had it 6 months and he didnt open it, but guess where he bought it from. Gamestop. Bastards.

So they wont buy a used system thats been opened but they dont mind selling it?

F***ing Gamestop.

You just have to be crafty about it. I got a gba micro with no barcode from gamestop used, and traded it in when I got a DSlite and those fuck heads wouldnt take it back so i polietely explained that it was how i bought it from them and how the BBB wouldnt appreciate their trade practices.

Oh and if its an Xbox there is alot modding on that system (mine for example) so that might be why they are extra careful when dealing with xboxs because if they sold a modded xbox (even 1) big ole micro$oft would sue the fuck out of them.

Finally got off my butt and traded in most of my craptacular games..most had cracked cases.

15 games, mostly traded for $1-$2 and got $80.30 credit

Might take some more games tommorow.

All prices listed before bonuses.

:360:
Madden NFL 2007: $25
Oblivion: $20
Top Spin 2: $12 (down $6:bomb:)

:ps2:
.hack part 1: $6 (up $2:cool:)
.hack part 3: $8
.hack part 4: $13 (up $3:cool:)
Xenosaga 1: $4
Suikoden III: $10 (down $2:cry:)
Suikoden Tactics: $8
Taiko Drum Master (game only): $4

:ds:
Meteos: $7
TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare: $7

Total was: $212.83, but I think it should have been $217.32. Can anyone clarify this? I'm bad at number crunching and my batteries just died on my calculator. I think he added 10% to the base trade-in value, and then gave me another 20% for pre-ordering Final Fantasy XII, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas. So I guess I got 30% plus $40 for 4 sets of 3 games, but I'm still getting $217.32. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Updated the OP. Title now reflects that the Trade 3 get $10 is ending tomorrow!! If you were waiting on getting rid of some games, do it now to get the most for them.

Anyone know deals for trading in console after this promo?

Someone listed of getting extra $20 but is that stackable w/ current deal for xbox?

[quote name='harunim']so is get extra $20 stackable with current xbox trade in deal? knocking off $100 for xbox360?

anyone know?[/quote]

No, its not... but there are many stupid employees :roll:

For the Trade In CAG Wiki..

:360:
Dead Rising: $35
Saint's Row: $30

Used the extra 30% in GI towards Wii games/accessories and got an extra $19.50. Was able to pay off my Zelda pre-order and I also pre-ordered a virtual console controller and payed that off as well. Not bad at all.

this stinks I just traded in one of my extra Gamecubes last week and got 25 bucks, so if I trade in one this week I'll get 45 bucks? Not bad not bad at all.

When it says it ends on 10/15 for the extra ten that means through 10/15 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back