Updated:$300 3D 24" TV bundle now "outdated"

mine got delayed till dec 19 as well....

then it got cancelled. oh well... was going to cancel the order last week and discovered that my order had a 49.99 price on it. No idea why or when it got changed to that price but figured I'd give it a go and see if they shipped it.

Think the not having enough to fill preorders is what killed it.

shrug

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afflicted']mine got delayed till dec 19 as well....

then it got cancelled. oh well... was going to cancel the order last week and discovered that my order had a 49.99 price on it. No idea why or when it got changed to that price but figured I'd give it a go and see if they shipped it.

shrug[/QUOTE]this scenario could bode well for seeing a larger screen & more support:lol:

[quote name='Enuf']this scenario could bode well for seeing a larger screen & more support:lol:[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure on that one, but could not argue against it either. I've seen them stacked up in WM, BB, and Target. Have not gone into a GS yet, as I need to try on the glasses before making any sort of decision.

[quote name='Afflicted']mine got delayed till dec 19 as well....

shrug[/QUOTE]

Should've switched to overnight shipping like we did. Due to the stock issues, if there's any way you can force them to ship the item to you earlier, the higher your chance of it not getting cancelled :p

Yes!!! Just received a Promotional Code from Amazon. :D

Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Thank you for purchasing the PlayStation 3D Display from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $59.99 credit toward the purchase of "Resistance 3" when shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 11/30/2012. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code listed above in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary.
The promotion code must be used by November 30, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

Yup, got it too. Tried to see if the $7 difference between list price and the promo credit they give you could be applied to a second item, but it doesn't >.<

Oh well, free game is free.

I got my TV and it had 1 black spec of dust behind the screen. Not rage worthy but slightly annoying. Anyone else get smudges on their TV out of the box?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']My eyes hurt so much after playing AC:R in 3D... Ugh. Huge headache.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of 3D.

I've watched movies in 3D and the 3DS is fine for me... I guess I shouldn't max the settings. AC:R defaults it at 7 and I cranked it to 10 -.-

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Can this 3D display convert any 2D movie into 3Ds?[/QUOTE]

As soon as you come up with the physics equation and processor power. I'm sure you would not want to pay for it. While they can go back and do this with computers, I cannot imagine the horsepower it would take to do this on the fly. Think of it this way - you are trying to turn your piece of paper into a desk with legs that sits 3-4 feet off the ground.

[quote name='jmbreci']As soon as you come up with the physics equation and processor power. I'm sure you would not want to pay for it. While they can go back and do this with computers, I cannot imagine the horsepower it would take to do this on the fly. Think of it this way - you are trying to turn your piece of paper into a desk with legs that sits 3-4 feet off the ground.[/QUOTE]

Not much at all. Some TV's and My $100 Panasonic Blu ray player does it. I'm not that impressed(compared to native 3d), but some people are. All it does (I think) is take the image and adjust the output so it shows simulated angles.

Fry's Electronics

$400 1-Day Only

ads296929wideb.png

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Fry's Electronics

$400 1-Day Only

ads296929wideb.png
[/QUOTE]

I would be all over that considering BB will not allow coupons of any kind since they are considering this video game hardware. No 10-12%, no get $50GC on $500 purchase. Guess I'm sitting this one out until I see a price like that.

I did see that BB has a package that includes the 160GB PS3 for $599 with the TV.

[quote name='jmbreci']I would be all over that considering BB will not allow coupons of any kind since they are considering this video game hardware. No 10-12%, no get $50GC on $500 purchase. Guess I'm sitting this one out until I see a price like that.

I did see that BB has a package that includes the 160GB PS3 for $599 with the TV.[/QUOTE]
It also stack with 50% off 2nd 3D Glasses for just $635 shipped + tax.

I keep hearing really bad reviews and a lot of odd features just missing. Like a remote, no remote and no ability to add a remote one podcast was saying. It would be a pain having to get up and reach behind the screen to adjust the volume.

[quote name='iwannadie']I keep hearing really bad reviews and a lot of odd features just missing. Like a remote, no remote and no ability to add a remote one podcast was saying. It would be a pain having to get up and reach behind the screen to adjust the volume.[/QUOTE]

No remote included but it works with the "new" multimedia PS3 remote. Not sure what to say on that other than people are not educated on it yet. That's been reported for a while now.

Come on Amazon price match. Think I've talked myself into this if that occurs. Local store had 20% off Amazon GCs. For $320 I would definitely get this.

[quote name='jmbreci']Come on Amazon price match. Think I've talked myself into this if that occurs. Local store had 20% off Amazon GCs. For $320 I would definitely get this.[/QUOTE]
What store is that?

$399.99 at Amazon now. As for the store, as I alluded to earlier, if you are in Kansas City, Des Moines, or Omaha you know the store. Besides that, it was a 1-day only sale the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

[quote name='jmbreci']$399.99 at Amazon now. As for the store, as I alluded to earlier, if you are in Kansas City, Des Moines, or Omaha you know the store. Besides that, it was a 1-day only sale the Saturday after Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

It must be a super-secret store because you don't seem to wanna just say what store it is.

[quote name='iamsmart']It must be a super-secret store because you don't seem to wanna just say what store it is.[/QUOTE]

Or you do not know how to use a search engine. I've given you all the information you need. If you are not in Des Moines, Kansas City, or Omaha you could not get in on the deal at the largest furniture store in the nation. If you are in the towns, you know the store and I do not need to say anything else. Besides that, what difference does it makes since it is over unless you have invented a time machine.

[quote name='jmbreci']Or you do not know how to use a search engine. I've given you all the information you need. If you are not in Des Moines, Kansas City, or Omaha you could not get in on the deal at the largest furniture store in the nation. If you are in the towns, you know the store and I do not need to say anything else. Besides that, what difference does it makes since it is over unless you have invented a time machine.[/QUOTE]

First of all I don't use my time machine because of the paradoxes. Secondly, I just don't get why you are being coy and not just saying the name outright. It's so simple: "I got it at _____", yet you're going out of your way NOT to say it, and making us go out of the way to find it.

EDIT: For anyone that's curious, its probably Nebraska Furniture Mart.

[quote name='iamsmart']First of all I don't use my time machine because of the paradoxes. Secondly, I just don't get why you are being coy and not just saying the name outright. It's so simple: "I got it at _____", yet you're going out of your way NOT to say it, and making us go out of the way to find it.

EDIT: For anyone that's curious, its probably Nebraska Furniture Mart.[/QUOTE]

Since you are afraid of creating a paradox then it doesn't matter where it was at. Maybe it was Abe Lincoln selling them to me on a street corner and he has relatives in those towns. It was (is) dead, you cannot get it, so get over it. If it was a live deal, I would have posted it in the deals section.

$300 @ BB now
That's definitely my price range, but I'd much rather get it through AZ to avoid tax, hopefully they'll price match it.

It was (is) dead, you cannot get it, so get over it.
I'm sorry, I know how insulting it can be when you brag about a deal and then some a-holes have the nerve to try and discuss it with you.

[quote name='iamsmart']That's definitely my price range, but I'd much rather get it through AZ to avoid tax, hopefully they'll price match it.[/QUOTE]AMZ's cool but people who have the $100 RZ would be interested since the RZ points in combination with lower OOP cost would net better value.

Anyone got any settings that they are using for the monitor? Still think I have my backlighting a bit too high, but wondering what others are using.

I must admit this is a great looking monitor.

How is the comfort of the PS3 3D glasses? I was thinking of getting a pair to use with my Samsung TV, but I'm reading mixed reviews on the glasses.

Anyone else have light bleeding on the edges?

As for the glasses - not sure I would want to wear them all day, but an hour or two is okay. If you have a wide head I am sure they would not be comfortable at all.

[quote name='jmbreci']Anyone else have light bleeding on the edges?

As for the glasses - not sure I would want to wear them all day, but an hour or two is okay. If you have a wide head I am sure they would not be comfortable at all.[/QUOTE]

LED TV's have that issue. Not sure, but the PS3 may be Edge Lit.

[quote name='Enuf']OP updated
New 24" & 46" glasses free models coming[/QUOTE]Calling the current model "outdated" is a bit of a stretch, since the glasses free set will likely cost a great deal more.

So if you use this as your PC monitor, the new Nvidia beta drivers allow for 3D to work with this monitor now. I have a GTX 460 and got it to work. Played Skryim and BF3 for a little bit and it worked pretty good. I've seen some other people say they got it to work with various other Nvidia cards, so go try it out!

Edit: Something I forgot to mention, you can run it at 1920x1080, but you only get 24hz, if you choose 720, you get 60hz.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back